RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 06:44 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5677
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch
Kringle rolls his eyes and sets his glass down. "Only if y' swear on yuir life y' never try tah say tha' again," he warns, shaking his finger. "Sure, I'll go get us some."

'What's chowder like?' Kali asks, trailing her fingers up and down your arm.
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:58 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

It's a soup... Umm... Well, white chowder is milk or cream. There's red chowder based on tomato too but that's a different region.. Anyways, some combination of seafood and potato and vegetables, usually served with bread or crackers. Locally sourced, relatively inexpensive and not time - consuming to make, and carries the warmth and extra calories needed for demanding, physical labor in a cold climate. Matt smiles. Plus it tastes really good.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:05 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch
'Huh. Maybe I'll ask Empy to make it later. Or maybe see if someone at the base knows how, so we can have it there too, after our demanding physical labor... do you think Fathom eats seafood?'

Kringle is leaning against the counter as a woman comes out from the back with two steaming bowls. He smiles and thanks her before heading back over, plunking one down in front of you. "Eat up. I wanna hear tha' spoon scrapin' bottom wit'in ten minutes or Doreen'll be insulted!"

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-14-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:35 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

I'll do my best. He takes a spoon, finds it too hot, and blows on it a bit. Well, that could be a challenge. Matt begins gingerly eating.

I imagine she does. Remember the first time we saw them together? Surf and Turf? Never tried it in front of them. I like being dry.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:40 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
Kringle chuckles and sets his hand on the side of the bowl for a moment. "Try now," he encourages, leaning back. The soup is noticeably cooler, though still warm.

'Oh. I just thought that maybe she would be as protective of fish as Kody is for trees... although, Kody does still eat salad. Hm.' She looks up at you thoughtfully. 'Would you eat a locust?'
Old 05-14-2019, 08:19 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Questions of appetite should probably wait until I've got this food in me and settled. Matt nods gratefully to Kringle. Thanks. He continues eating. Thought of what jewelry you're going to wear for the service? We could have a look on your phone.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:24 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
'I think the better question is what jewelry I'm not going to wear,' Kali replies whimsically. 'I'll talk to Fathom about it. But it's going to be a lot.'
Old 05-14-2019, 08:59 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Well just keep in mind we didn't quite hit a million. So you have some leeway if you need something else. Matt smiles. I mean we might have to go shopping again.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:04 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
'And that would be terrible,' Kali commiserates, smiling as well.

Kringle raises an eyebrow. "Wha's th' joke?" he asks, before spooning more chowder into his mouth.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:09 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Incoming. Kali gets a spoonful to keep her quiet a moment. Jewelry shopping. We didn't quite hit a million so we might have to go again
Old 05-14-2019, 10:28 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
Kali accepts the spoonful but doesn't shut up. 'You of all people should know I can still talk with my mouth full,' she reminds, before swallowing.

"Weel, anytime y' want tah take me back tah Rome, I'll be your lift," Cord offers, eyes twiinkling. "An' now tha' I tink of it, I dinna really get t' talk to ye aboot Kris, though. What'd y' think of him? An' I heard y' got young relatives, would they like tah mebbe meet him sometime?"
Old 05-14-2019, 10:45 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

it's the thought that counts, right? Matt shakes his head ruefully. I really thought you guys were messing with me. Was all I could do not to go full fangirl at the party. Yeah, I'd like to, and I imagine the whole family if I could.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:49 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
"Well, I'll see what I ken do," Kringle assures. "An' nah, no messin'. THough he'll look less Kristofferson and more Claus at 'is 'ouse, y' ken be sure've tha."
Old 05-15-2019, 01:08 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Yeah, I'd really appreciate it, thanks. A few bites of the surprisingly good chowder in silence. You know, what we said to the Pastor about why we're getting married would make a good start to wedding vows.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:19 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
"Oh yeah, we have to write those still," Kali muses. "Maybe I'll just leave it short..." she smiles and looks up at you. "Matt, you're the best. I love you forever." She kisses your cheek lightly, and sits up. "I'm feeling a little better now," she declares, taking a sip of beer before setting it down again.

"I tink y'll find summat else t' write," Kringle observes. "Jes' haf ta think aboot it a little. Matt, y' got groomsmen lined up asides Orrin, or y' jes' stickin' wit' ter best man since it's a small crowd?"
Closed Thread