RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: I-M > MoonZar > Empire's Trials
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-29-2019, 09:22 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22631
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Currently
Date 4th of Elystryëlle, 7453 (Winter)
Time Morning
Weather Outside -8 degres C., Snow Flurry

Rana
right-aligned image
Raphael
He's a bit surprised to be approached with such sensitive matters. It's written all over his face that he doesn't believe she is part of the legion or an associated. Politely he's bow like a gentleman would, with a respectable woman of the middle class. - " Ma'am, I think you are mistaken. My name is Raphael, did we met before? " Her guts tell her that he perfectly knows what she just talked about. Elizabeth keeps her distance to don't be identified, but quickly the man eyes can't miss such a beauty walking away between the pillars of the floor. The dwarf is not much discreet with is massive armour. If this warrior is from the legion, he perfectly knows who they are. The two acolytes from the temple, slow down in their duties and look in direction of Madara with a neutral expression. Sayyida is the only one who managed to don't attract too much attention, hiding behind a column nearby.

Last edited by MoonZar; 08-29-2019 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:05 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5583
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Madara"Yes, once at a very special armorer." Madara, of course met no such man in her life, however, she held out her palm, and used prestidigitation to conjure up a crude artwork, mimicing the symbol that she had studied on every document of the Legion's that they had found. She speaks forcefully, "Act as coy as you wish, you are a poor liar for one whose heart is estranged from faith in facts." She closes her hand to turn to dust her minor creation, "Know this, faith is not given twice. Make a scene here, and fail, it will be a death sentence to yourself and all you held dear. If you have no use here, begone before someone hostile has a case of 'mistaken identity'"

Before the man Raphael could respond, Madara turned heel to stride away. Apparently her voice not exuding proper confidence earlier, truly this body was a misfortunate one.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:27 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Currently
Time Morning

RanaRaphael, or whatever his true name, have a puzzled expression as she leaves away. He simply bows politely and continues his visit of the oval-shaped room. There are not many places to hide except the columns, so she can still see him wandering the hall, with his hands join in his back. The two acolytes mind their own business and resume scrubbing. - " I suppose it didn't go as expected? " The dwarf inquire with his crossbow ready with a bolt. Sayyida is more subtle and joins them without been seen. - " Did you notice dear sister? He has an ordinary sandglass hanging at his belt. " The bard princess, smile and tries to encourage Madara. - " That chamber is very old. The tiles are more worn out and the design subtly older. We are in the right place, but I didn't find a door or passage. "

Last edited by MoonZar; 09-01-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2646
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
PachoPacho breezed through the papers, paying heed to the warning on the bottle.

"Care for a drink"Pacho joked and shot the monk a smirk as he sorted through the missives, disregarding anything he did not find, placing them back in the drawer neatly.

Like any good spy it was the coded ones that caught his eye, though he would not be surprised if some of the others were hid messages without him knowing. The best secrets are always the one you don't even know are there.

The cut throat sat down leaned forward glaring at the code and rubbed his head.

"This might take a while to crack." His tone was slightly vexed, not with anyone but in general and mostly directed towards himself.

"I will work on these." He said making himself comfortable and zoned out letting the world pass by him as his his mind took in the code. He sat there for hours.

Last edited by MoonZar; 09-02-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:16 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16143
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Dante I serve the drinks, thank you very much.

Dante examined the bottle closely, but it would appear whatever it was, would require magic to discern and that was something Dante was woefully lacking.

The spy was excited by the coded messages almost as much as Dante was by the personal letters. Something had been bothering Dante ever since this whole inquiry and treasure hunt began. Well two things but finding out the identity of his father proved less than useful for right now, that could be dealt with the later.

The more immediate concern was, why all the fuss? What yet unknown trigger was driving the Empress to this elaborate scheme? There must be something they’re missing, otherwise, why go to all the trouble. Unless she really was mad – but surely someone in the inner circle would have had her killed. Had she knowing put the empire at risk over her malady and insane game Jaque would have stepped in. Surely.

Pacho went to work decoding the cryptic letters as Dante sat in the Empress’s seat with his feet kicked up on her desk going through her personal missives. Every once in a while Pacho would mutter something and Dante would respond with a helpful word or an elaborate metaphor to unstick the spy’s keen mind.

It reminded Dante of books he read when he was Balthazar’s age. Sherlock Halmes and his assistance Datson. Yes, they would run around the city solving mysteries and stopping the bad guys, Halmes would do something brilliant assisted by Datson, and he would get all the credit. Dante felt like Datson right now, but if it would serve them to figure out what was going on in this murderous game they were player so be it. The game was, after all, already afoot.

Dante wandered from room to room after he’d finished the letters, still occasionally helping Pacho when necessary. Luckily he had time to pass from room to room, occasionally shouting back at Pacho a prime digit or a secondary phase of the moon or whatever he needed to move forward – all the while keeping his eyes open for anything the Empress may have left which may prove useful to him.

I have fallen under the weather; expect moderate delays in posting. Thank you.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:49 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Madara"As in we had scanned the whole area?" Madara had asked Elizabeth. She then looked toward Sayyida with a somewhat grim expression, "No, I hadn't noticed." She then speaks aloud, "What kind of person walks around with an hourglass at their belt?"

Madara bites at her lip, finding this rod wouldn't be easy, and Madara herself is not good at hunting or any form of scouting. All she could do was walk about the room with the royalty and channel her own magic to detect any latent enchantments that might conceal an entryway that would obscure normal observations. She murmurs, "Half an hour at this place. If we find nothing, return to your palace, royals. Chances are there is a clue that is not presenting itself. Either that or we had been misled by the acts of an insane woman."

Old 09-02-2019, 08:20 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Morning

Rana- " I was thinking about the hourglass and fire thing the old lady was talking about. Do you think the legion is on the same lead as us? " They follows Rana's lead and look around the room more closely under the inquisitive eyes of Raphael. The two aids from the temple peek at them as well occasionally, they are curious about what they up to. After a half-hour they gather on the next floor upstair to discuss in private. The dwarf and Sayyida have nothing to report, but the beautiful woman with platinum hair found something interesting. "- I did find something, there's a secret door on the floor. That man Rafael is up to no good, he is always standing near it and I couldn't get nearby without attracting attention. "

Last edited by MoonZar; 09-02-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:06 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Madara"A secret door..." Madara muses to herself at Elizabeth's findings. While the royals searched high and low, she had been merely scanning the walls for magic. It was quite dissatisfying that she of all people couldn't fool some soldier underling of the legion. She had sighed in quiet, "Maybe we should kill him. But what are the chances that those two acolytes are not with him?" She glances Sayyida's way, she had always been more welcome for the violent solutions, Korag and Elizabeth on the other hand, might be difficult. She looks back at Elizabeth, "Or, Princess, you could make friends with the man and convince him to get lost. In, of course, your most polite of tones."

Old 09-02-2019, 10:24 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Morning

Pacho and DanteThe two pieces of paper actually the same letter written by the empress at different time. The woman who was suffering apparently from terrible temors, but Pacho recognize her handwritten. She was probably suffering judging by the blood from her fingers on the paper as she was trying to finish off this letter. It took a total of five hours for them to decipher it, thanks to Pacho knowledge of imperial code.

Last edited by MoonZar; 09-02-2019 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:26 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Morning

RanaShocked the princess shakes her head at the negative. - " We are on holy ground, can we avoid... killing someone even an enemy? He probably saw me entering the floor with you, is that not likely that he will be suspicious of me? I can try a spell to influence his mind, if it doesn't work he will probably be very angry at us. " The dwarf already have both hands on his crossbow ready to get down there and shot the guy. - " Yeah, great idea, let's take him out. " Sayyida is up to attack him after everything the legion did to them in the north. - " The acolytes look suspicious to me, you are right, they could be in league with him. They didn't even try to talk to us and ask if we need help. "

Last edited by MoonZar; 09-03-2019 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:42 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Madara"As much as I wish to concur with your sentiment, Princess." Madara starts, "It appears there is a great consensus of taking out the enemy on the spot considering he is standing in our way. However, since I am no leader, or even aware of your overall goal-..." Madara, beneath her hood, looks off to the side, trying to be conciliatory, "I recommend you imagine a way to send those acolytes pretending to clean the floor and that man elsewhere for the next hour at least. If your mind or skills are insufficient, then the current plan is murder as, allegedly, you royalty have misplaced your soldiers that do the dirty work on your behalf."

Old 09-05-2019, 10:16 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2646
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Old 09-06-2019, 11:42 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16143
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
I have fallen under the weather; expect moderate delays in posting. Thank you.

Last edited by wodine; 09-06-2019 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:48 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Morning

RanaAvoiding bloodshed sounds like a good button to push on the kind and graceful princess. - " I... will do it. Just hide somewhere out of sight. I'm going back down there. " She takes a deep breath while adjusting her platinum ponytail and unbuttoning a few buttons from her shirt. Her pale breasts are pushed up by her corset and overflow partially out of it. Elizabeth hummed a song and appear to be even more DC 17 spellcraft: Eagle's splendorbeautiful than usual, even the dwarf has a reaction. - " He's made of stone if he doesn't follow you my dear. Good luck princess. " With a sexy demarche she goes down that stair while the party is hiding in the large floor on top of the braziers floor where this Raphael is up to no good. Sayyida crosses her arms. - " I can hide well and follows her discreetly down there to have her back. Better for Korag to stay here and have our back. " Sayyida looks at Rana to see if she will risk to follow her back downstair and hide. - " Right, I will be ready if someone screams. "

Last edited by MoonZar; 09-08-2019 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Madara"Korag, you stay here. I am going along too." Madara was somewhat surprised that the princess had the same kind of friend-making policy as Rana. Though of course, she had never used magics to influence her looks, after all, most of her charm was in coming up with the right things to say and intuiting desires.

Madara follows along with Sayyida, she, for once, acting more fox-like than her intimately-related sister. But she is unlikely to spy anything that she does not. It is merely so that she is a much closer backup.