RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: I-M > MoonZar > Empire's Trials
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-14-2019, 02:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16413
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Tatsuo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
- " I would say there's a catch haha... " He lifts his shoulders, considering this for a brief moment. - " I'm fine, I will wait like everybody else. Nothing urgent is waiting for me. "
Tatsuo laughs to himself. "There's always a catch. Buying a beer has the catch of a few coins. Sometimes the catch is worth it," he answers.

The spy shrugs. "Suit yourself. Though, I commend your patience." While disappointing, not everyone can be lured in for a favor. Tatsuo looks again at the still drunkard in the next cell. Then, he lets his eyes roam within the area of his cell, trying to spy anything even the size of a pebble.

OOC
Old 10-14-2019, 05:39 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3842
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
As the group ascended to the pyramid, Gudrun burrowed through the ground. Hiding as regular debris amongst this battlefield the dwarf was initially disturbed at the amount of death in this room. The culprit stood proud and unarmed. There were a number of explanations here, and Gudrun didn't appreciate not knowing which assumption would be accurate. Instead of making any choices he'd regret later he shapeshifter waited for the rest of the group to catch up. He had the advantage of being able to soar through the earthwork, and arrived a bit ahead of the rest of his group. Madara didn't seem too amazed, or indeed surprised, by the bloodshed. The rogue seemed allied to the beauty/killer, and Gudrun followed suit.

Slowly, limb by limb, the dwarf crawled out of the ground and flowed to the rest of the group. He settled down behind her and once more started to breathe in heavily. As he inhaled and exhaled pieces of dust and debris moved around on the ground. Before long, his earth-based frame was once more covered in flesh, blood, and a baby-smooth, albeit slightly thin, skin. After he reformed himself once again Gudrun stepped forward, and offered his hand to the princes: "Gudrun Rankorst, honored to make your acquaintance." Before long he also turned to the woman who saved them and offered his introductions to her, along with his apologies: "Oh, must've forgotten amidst the ruckus just now. That happens, especially when you're my age. As I was saying: Gudrun Rankorst, might I have your name please?"

About the time that employment was mentioned, Gudrun's bear-beast started to nudge his master's shoulder, and lick his neck with it's slender tongue. "Yes, yes" he muttered to the beast "You can have some pickled salmon later." But the beast wouldn't let up. A moment of silence after the princes' words allowed the dwarf to interject: "Oh, Bulvor's saying I ought to introduce him too. He's friendly, if a bit shy." As he said it he pushed the beast forward in turn. After a brief moment of petting the giant ground sloth Bulvor refocussed on the subject of employment "As mentioned before I'd be honored to work for royalty. I can cook, clean, tend a garden, I've got some skill as a healer and more. I take it the Priesthood won't need my skills, but perhaps you'd like me to have a
Dice Heal check: first aid on dwarf with punctured lung:
1d20+12 (16)+12 Total = 28

Dice Use of a wand of CLW:
1d8+7 (4)+7 Total = 11
look at your companions?
"

With all business concluded Gudrun simply tried to follow his companion Mulazim, he was still a bit lost himself, and hoped to follow the gunslinger towards either the ship or the castle.

Last edited by Sirviantis; 10-14-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:38 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16243
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
DanteVery well m'lady. You will come to find that punching faces, is in fact, a specialty of mine.

Grabbing the wounded man's shoulder Dante gives the man an able body to lean against should he need it. Come on then, Traevor let's get you to an infirmary before tracking down the others.

Dante leads the others from the house and the guards, reminding them that they may choose to return at a later time and if they are concerned with that notion to take it up with the council.

There were so many plates spinning in the air, they needed more hands. Hopefully after a solid meal the lady's temper would cool and they could convince her to have the guard release Tatsuo.

They were going to need him - and Dante would hate to murder a bunch of guards because one foolish woman held a vendetta.

Physically well, all caught up.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2646
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Pacho"Forgive the intrusiveness of my inquiry your highness"Pacho nods at the answer, holding any emotions he might have with the statement at bay.

The princess’s wording did little to temper his worries of Zephyr. If you side with them… Pacho thought to himself, leaving the statement to rest as a null. He knew that if Zephyr had to put to rest, it would be at his hand and no one else's.

"I meal does sound good" Pacho said nodding to her and the monks suggestion. The translation and searching had taken it out of him, and he did not wish to venture into the Ziggurat ill prepared.

"Your highness might I request you intercede on the spies behalf. His tongue may be too loose but we need all the allies we can muster." Pacho said bowing his head, hoping they humility might suade her to forgiveness.

Last edited by gotha; 10-15-2019 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13116
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Orthros in chains
left-aligned image
right-aligned image
Orthros has learned a long time ago that sometimes it was better to just be silent and wait and see if enough information happened his way to make sense of what they had stumbled into now that they had been rescued from the Legion. There was certainly enough dead bodies, royalty, ships and introductions to make things interesting. It sounded a lot like they were helping the heirs or some subset of them, which in his mind was a good thing, but he certainly needed to know more. As introductions were being made he followed after Gudrun with the required amount of respect. "Orthros at your service, along with my companion Tirri who begrudges me her company."

He motions towards his cat like companion that is certainly unusual for any unfamiliar with her appearance, but when their rescuer wraps up the conversation and leaves he follows along in hopes of learning more or if nothing else at least getting away from here and regrouping with his companions on what to do next.

Old 10-19-2019, 10:06 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22681
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Currently
Date 4th of ElystryŽlle, 7453 (Winter)
Time Noon
Weather Outside -8 degres C., Snow Flurry

Pacho, Dante, TatsuoHer highness look at Pacho with puzzled eyes, she already completely forgot about Tatsuo since the incident. - " He's as discreet as an elephant in a porcelain shop for a spy. " She put back her lady hat on her head and consider it briefly as she adjusts it. - " You are right, I suppose we need all the men we can. If you think you can control his tongue and trust him, I can give him a chance. " Walking quickly out, she doesn't even let the chance for the guards outside to ask them questions, they originally expected a report of what they took. With a mix of respect and fear they lower their heads as they move out.

The first stop is at the cathedral of the palace, Taevar is quickly surrounded by all the help he could wish for. As soon they have the reassurance that they will take care of him, thy walks toward the dungeon, eager to find their companion. Nobody stops them, the guards are opening the countless doors before they have to stop. Fortunately, Tatsuo has not been jailed on the deeper levels and it's not too long before they are guided to him after asking by his name. Tatsuo could hear the group approaching from far away. The imperial woman put her hands on her hips with an icy gaze. - " Prisoner, we need a moment of your attention. Pacho here is taking responsibility for your behaviour and requested for you to be released. I doubt our association will be a long one. For the time being you will refer to me as your highness, and there's going to be no more tsk tsk or click of the tongue. Neither other nonsense. " She nods at the warden and the guards and they unlock his seal and give him over his bag with his gear. - " You are free now. That been said, you can join us for lunch if you are still up for this quest and we'll inform you of the latest discoveries. Brother Dante, it was your idea. Will you lead the way to a place of your choosing in town? "

Last edited by MoonZar; 10-19-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:12 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16243
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
DanteThat was...easier than Dante had expected it would be. Which was a nice change of pace.

Dante stays quiet as they follow Her Heinous into the prison to acquire their lost compatriot.

When she asks for his choice of a place to eat, he was taken aback - he had expected her to insist upon dining in some fancy place that the Monk would never go unless work required it.

I know the perfect little spot. Dante says as he leads them back to the temple district.

Turning down a small alley housed between several monastic temples Dante leads the small past a small garden and into a small room with several simple wooden tables. Everything here is grown, nurtured, cultivated, plucked, and cooked by the different monastic orders here in town..but don't worry none of my brothers work in the kitchens. Dante chuckled as he tried to put the other spies at ease.

This little place held a special place in Dante's heart. It was the first place he'd ever eaten in the city, accompanied by his would be sponsor, Sofia before her untimely demise. Jaque had continued the tradition, likely having taken Sofia there herself. And so Dante would bring Balthazzar every time they were in the city.

The sight, smells, and memories of the place brought a smile to Dante's face as he beckoned the others to join him at the nearby table in the corner.

Hopefully the others would enjoy it as much as he always did.

Physically well, all caught up.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:14 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5626
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
MadaraUnlike Sayyida, Madara, or rather, Rana, did not mind her companion being "friendly", but the discomfort with such flirtatious behavior brought a smile to Madara's blue-stained lips. She had stopped in her tracks as everyone began making introductions. She turned her head slightly to look in their direction. She inclined her chin to give greetings, "I am no one of consequence. However since I own the ship that the royalty have been using to sail around upon." She turns about to face the group, and, grabbing the hem of her robes, performs a prcticed curtsy, "I am Madara, practitioner of magic and holder of the preferred title, 'Violet Rose'."

With her name and introductions given, she then answers the question by the debonair gunman, "Your ears do work properly. I currently work with the Lady Rana." She turns about and begins walking away rather than expanding further.

OOCWill await until Moonzar says what reception may or may not be at the gate. Sorry if anyone was waiting on me.

Old 10-20-2019, 02:24 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22681
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
OOCThe story continue in chapter 3 as the party gather. Please review your stats block and make sure you use it in each post. You are all full HP as per the first post of chapter 3.

Last edited by MoonZar; 10-20-2019 at 02:24 AM.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16413
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Pacho, Dante, TatsuoThe spy looks up from leaning on the wall of his cell. He eyes the approaching group with his usual thin smile. The spy flicks his eyes to the princess and stands up tall. He listens to her demands with quiet attention. For a beat, he doesn't seem to react. Then, Tatsuo kneels down and bows low enough for his forehead to touch the floor. The dogeza position is an unfamiliar one for those outside Yuukan but a rare sight even then. "Of course," he answers. "Her highness is most magnanimous." Only the most familiar with the mystic spy can hear in his voice the faint grin hidden by his posture.

Released, Tatsuo waves a farewell behind him to his fellow prisoner. "Try to stay out of trouble, Gilbert. See you around." The spy regains his gear and takes little time to suit back up. With a sweep of his hand, he asks the monk, "Brother Dante, prithee, lead the way. I look forward to what you pick out."

Old 10-21-2019, 04:29 AM
Always The Kawaii Addict

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10243
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Madara didn't have to worry about appearing rude as she walked away, as her very short response rendered the gunslinger utterly speechless and frozen in his tracks as he watched the half-elf sashaying away. Rana...Certainly not that Rana. No, it couldn't be. The Sultana's family was large, dozens upon dozens of uncles, aunts, nieces and nephews. There most certainly could be more than one royal with that name. Yes, that had to be the case.

It had to be...