RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: I-M > MoonZar > Empire's Trials
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-31-2019, 09:27 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22681
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Currently
Date 4th of Elystryėlle, 7453 (Winter)
Time Morning
Weather Outside -8 degres C., Snow Flurry

Sayyida & Rana
right-aligned image
Elizabeth is polite to the newcomer and make her feels welcome in the group. - " Yes Rana is a very nice person, we only met this morning for the first time. I suppose I will have to catch up with her later. " The Valkara's princess is a free mind, gracious and living in the current moment completely. She doesn't sound particularly smart or wise, but she is of a pure heart. Her smile is a magnet to make friends and make people fall at ease. Violet's explanations satisfy her and she doesn't inquire further about her new friend.

Liz is happy that they finally found a priestess to get things moving forward. The old lady shakes her head and takes out an ear trumpet that she points in direction of Violet asking her to repeat one more time. - " Ohhh... you are right, maybe I wasn't invited to a gathering or... I forgot? " She looks around, the place is crystal clean yet there's no other cleric on the floor. The followers of Al-Zuna appear to be fine on their own at the moment. - " They can benefit from my ninety years of experience my dear. How can I help you? "

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-31-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:39 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Currently
Time Morning

Tatsuo- " A misunderstanding over a game of cards. You know, we got bored since we are not allowed to leave the palace district and organized a fun evening. The other guys are alright. Nothing as epic as you, it would seem. Unfortunately one of them was an officer. They dumped me here for a couple of days, it seems that I had one too many drinks I heard. Nothing as epic as you hahaha... " There's not much between the line, the guy sounds like an ordinary retired soldier. The city is crawling with them and many are getting restless without an Empress to follow and the next war to fight. Many turned mercenaries or bodyguards actually, while some turned to the bottle and prostitutes. A few even became bandits. Fortunately, more than half the veteran integrated the civilian lifestyle without causing too much troubles, waiting to be called once again for duty if needed.

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-31-2019 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:16 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16243
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Dante No. Not really.

Dante continued his casual stroll through the large complex.

Dragging a finger along this or that surface.

Stopping to smell a thing or two.

In my line of work, it is important to get a feel for a person. To understand their mind, their interests – who they really are.

Dante stops to pick at a stain on a nearby table.

Some sort of tea.

If you’ve somewhere better to be, do not let me keep you from another engagement.

There was no ill will or animosity in the monk’s voice. He simply did not care one way or other.

Dante stalked about the room like a great cat looking for its next kill. Moving from the entrance into the main foyer, he has no love of the statues, they are magical charms of goddess that do not matter to the monk. They are in charge of the incorporeal; Dante lives in the prime.

I imagine the rooms upstairs and the audience chamber will hold more secrets than the room for meet and greets.

Dante does not wait for the others, simply continues on. He has a scent, now he just needs to hunt down the treasure.

Physically well, all caught up.

Last edited by wodine; 08-03-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:04 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16413
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Tatsuo"Must be rough if that's what you're calling epic nowadays." The mystic spy hums thoughtfully to himself. "Yeah, I'd heard a little about things getting pretty restless. I've only been back recently. Fill me in on just how bad has it gotten here since our late empress?" he probes with curiosity.

Cocking his head to the side, "Got a name? Or should I dub you Lucky?" he teases.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:51 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5626
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
MadaraWhile Madara's posture was outwardly grateful, her expression didn't show it much as Elizabeth proved herself to be very much the friend to all as she claimed. The Violet Rose persona thus dialed back the thorny rhetoric to a class of people that Elizabeth, apparently, didn't see herself a part of. Unlike herself that used words to dance and beguile, Elizabeth was genuinely a fair person. Her lips formed a narrow line as she joined the party in the meanwhile.

After having to repeat herself a second time, albeit in summary and in less flowery language, Madara is once more slightly put off. She waves herself once more with a fan while
Dice Diplomacy:
1d20+16 (16)+16 Total = 32
speaking, using less verbosity, "These royal persons seek those that care for this place. They, on behalf of the empire, seek a treasure rumored to reside here. Will you be of any assistance?"

Old 08-01-2019, 10:03 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Morning

Sayyida & Rana- " You have one in front of you, one of the caretakers of the Ziggurat. " She looks confused when Violent says in the name of the empire. - " Ugh? It depends. A treasure, which treasure? " Elizabeth giggles, finding the old lady cute. - " Mother, we are looking for the ancient elementals sanctuary under this holy place. Do you know how we can access it? " The old lady stares straight ahead nervously with no answers. - " Are you alright? " Kindly she takes the grandma right arm and there's a long silence before she says something again, but this time more loudy.

- " Around me people sleep
You feed me, I live, you give me something to drink, I die
The finger I touch turn red
By me most things get destroyed"

The old lady begins to act normally again. - " Sorry... you were saying? "

Last edited by MoonZar; 08-01-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:54 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5626
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
MadaraWhile Madara gets the distant gut feeling that her person would have been better served being switched with another for lack of care for authority; the keeper seems to become close to fainting for the moment. Leaving Elizabeth to care for the old woman, Mozara was about to turn away before she heard a riddle being rattled off into the blue. Madara felt little cheer toward solving riddles but this one seemed easy enough, "What does the sanctum have to do with fire? Outside of the obvious." She directed her question to the old woman, hopefully seeling confirmation from her rather than being presented with a vague clue.

Old 08-02-2019, 09:44 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Morning

Tatsuo- " Name is Gilbert. " He approaches the bared wall that separates them. - " Not sure where to begin, the Empress gave purpose to a lot of people and kept in line everybody for three decades. Soldiers are now restless, nobles are not shy anymore to quarrel, royals are fighting for her throne under the scene. Enemies of the empire and the wicked are getting out of the shadow after laying low for years. Without a strong hand to take things under control, it's a powder keg ready to explode. "

Last edited by MoonZar; 08-02-2019 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:36 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Morning

Pacho and DanteAn old wooden chair with a high backrest dominate the next room. The decoration of this throne is simple and of northern style. A tick white wolf pelt rest on one of the armrests, a treasure in the eyes of any hunter. Surrounded by 26 banners from conquered nations hanging on the walls, some burned, others covered with mud and even blood, that room is a bit sinister. Anybody who came here for a personal audience with the war empress must have felt small in his shoes. A large wooden chandelier is hanging from the ceiling decorated with continual flames burning on top of massive candles.

Nothing out of the ordinary stands out in the kitchen, living room and game room. Those rooms are a bit plain. The bathroom is more luxurious with marble, tiles and mosaic. There's a lot of oil and bottles, the empress was taking care of herself well. On the same floor, the dining room is fancy and dominated by a long elvish oak table.

They can find in the meditation room a lot of candles, pillows and incense. Many holy symbols of different shape and form of Xydanyėl and Nanyl have been spread around, including a whip with teeth and other tools meant for self-inflicting punishment. The last room is the war room. There's a massive table in the middle of it and long shelves containing many maps rolled. Journals containing all the details of the empress' bloody campaigns and in bookshelves. Aurelia is quickly absorbed in there, opening randomly the documents out of curiosity. Taevar is interested in the meditation room where she seems to have spent a great deal of time as well.

Last edited by MoonZar; 08-04-2019 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-04-2019, 01:57 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Tatsuo"Whew," whistles the spy. "That does make for quite the mess." He leans the back of his head against the wall between them. "In hindsight, pretty obvious how much we relied on the late empress."

Cocking his head to the side, he looks back over his shoulder at the soldier. "So, the opportunistic look for advantage to take of the chaos while the loyal look for some direction how to keep the powder keg from going off." An intrigued smile plays on his lips. "Tell me, Gilbert, which are you and your fellows? For which do you look?"

Old 08-04-2019, 09:04 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Morning

Tatsuo- " Neither. " He snorts again. - " Like most people I'm not a player in that arena, I keep my head down and hope to don't be step on by giants. "

Last edited by MoonZar; 08-04-2019 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2646
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
PachoPacho's eyes glowed as he wandered through the rooms, his gaze not focused on anything in particular but instead staring almost through things trying to gauge their aura. He trusted the monk to find anything mundane, the man’s eyes were far sharper than his.

"She was well protected" Pacho state the obvious as he gazed at the walls. The war room was particularly well protected. He looked over at the princess as she magpied through the empires secrets, something he would not mind doing after he checked the magic.

Pacho knew his time was limited so he moved with haste. Taking note of any magical auras and moving on. If anything that needed closer inspection he would come back to it later.

While the others continued their search he went ahead, wanting to check out the Bedroom, Library, and office before his arcane vision ran out.

Last edited by gotha; 08-05-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:08 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
TatsuoTatsuo shrugs nonchalantly. "Pity ... but sometimes keeping clear of the giants is all you can do," he answers. "So, retired soldiery, I take it? What kept you lingering in the Rose District then?"

Glancing toward the occupied cell on the other side, he motions with his head to the unconscious drunkard. "Might you happen to know this poor sod's story, Gilbert?"

Old 08-11-2019, 09:55 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Morning

Sayyida & RanaThe old lady is a bit confused and speak in riddle again after Madara's answers.

- "Flip me upside down and I’m right side up
Clear my glass and you fill up my cup,
I’m always right on time. "

The dwarf groans as usual. - " Huh? We are losing time here, she doesn't seem clear of mind. " Elizabeth quickly disagrees. - " It could be some riddles to hint about what we seek. It's not uncommon for temple to test one wisdom. "

Old 08-11-2019, 09:59 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Morning

Tatsuo- " I came to visit the The mighty cathedral that is part of the palace.hall of rose to pay my respect. Unfortunately, the Empress passed away at that time. May she rest in peace in the bosom of the creators. " He looks at the unconscious man. - " No clue who that lad is. Sounds like I'm not the only one who was trying to have a bit of fun. "