RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 04:46 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5677
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
18: Long Live The King

The World's Crescendo
right-aligned image
The thin sliver of moon shines bright above you as you stare up at the top of a snowcapped mountain peak, large green trees covering every inch of the immense stony projection. Bare brown dirt stretches around you in every direction, the night sky twinkling with stars, the wind blowing warm against your skin. A dog howls in the distance, and a winged dragon emerges from behind the mountain, metallic orange scales gleaming in the faint light. Dragonfire scorches those trees nearest the ground, the forest blazing alight as the fire races upwards, engulfing the mountain in mere moments. The earth quakes, a deep rumble emitting from the blazing mountain before the top explodes with a terrific boom, a deep crevasse splitting the earth not a hundred feet to your right, and a low earthen mound rising the same distance to your left. Falling dirt extinguishes the roaring fires as a crimson dragon takes flight, roiling blood filling the new chasm in the earth as it approaches. The dragon opens its mouth wide and dives into the sanguine sea, the lake of blood pouring into it until it's drained dry, revealing nine eggs; eight gleaming white, the ninth smashed to pieces. The eggs wobble, and hatch, eight tiny red dragons swarming onto the back of the larger one.

The beast climbs out of the chasm, looking directly towards you and snorting before turning away, walking toward the mound and climbing toward the top. Deep gouges left in the loose dirt reveal hundreds of thousands of wriggling black ants, swarming from the gashes and over the mound. The dragon pays no more attention to them than before, electing to lie proudly atop the mountain as the sun rises. The scene is tense for several moments as snowy ash resettles over top of the scorched mountain, the dragonlings rejoicing atop the back of their parent.

left-aligned image
A deep horn blows, echoing across the entire earth as a strange silhouette appears on the mountain, backlit by the sun. Twisted horns are lit by glorious light before the off-white form of the large creature is revealed, a deep bleat emitting from it as it gambols down the mountain and toward the dragon. The dragon rises, roars, and charges forward to meet it, gored by the twisted horns before it takes flight. The goatlike beast paws the earth as it stares up at the soaring reptile, black insects bursting from the loose dirt of the mound. The dragon swoops low, opening its jaws and breathing a red torrent, the goat bracing itself before the dragon plows into both it and the mound of earth. Dust, blood, and insects are tossed up as the two tussle and cry, the thundering of hooves turning your attention to the west as a platoon of beasts charges closer, followed by a flood of red blood and a single white gull; a white tiger and chittering monkey, a silver fox and broad ox, a stout horse and grizzled bear, a mangy hyena and sleek lioness, the ruddy wolf and black snake, an ungainly moose and ancient owl, a massive scorpion and soaring wyrm, an angry bull and old tortoise. The lone gull is soon joined by a flock of its kin, just as black hawks swoop from the smoke toward them, colliding midair and dragging them into the dirt as the new beasts charge into the growing cloud of dust, which soon engulfs you as the world goes black.

Enoch
You're shaken awake by a distressed-looking Kali, clad in a loose blue robe. "Matt! Matt, wake up!" she pleads earnestly. "Something just happened!"

Dimly, details of your surroundings begin to come back to your drowsy form; you're in the base, having returned -if you can call stumbling through an olive portal into your bed returning- late the night before from Plague's personalized paradise, the last stop on your honeymoon. Kali's your legal wife now, and your job appears to have come knocking.

"Did you see it too, Matt?" she asks, concern evident in her voice.

Kodama
You wake up to the usual happy chirping of birds; your strange dream last night remains strangely clear in your mind, but everything here seems to be totally normal.

Gunther rouses and rolls onto his side. "Mmph... morning babe," he greets sleepily. "Morning already?"

Sapphire
You wake up in the middle of your luxurious bed; alone still, but with last night's possibly tequila-fueled dreams still in memory, a night on the town with Cat and Temba making itself known with a pulsing headache.

Wraith
You wake up in your bed at the Empyrean, the lights slowly coming up as you recall last night's dream.

"Good morning, Wraith," the computer greets. "Would you care for your usual breakfast of tea and brioche con gelato?"

Skyfire
Reality sets back in as the last traces of your vision fade. You're standing in front of your desk, a book open beneath the light and the television turned on. You don't know much about what just happened, but you know enough to recognize a major development when it slaps you in the face.
Do no harm, take no guff.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 07-30-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:13 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Geump? Never the quickest of risers, Matt takes a few moments to get his bearings. What, did breakfast arrive? What time is it? He gets a good look at the genuine worry on her face. Kay, what is it? he asks.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:20 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
While normally Kodama wakes slowly, especially when there's seemingly nothing on the docket and she's lying beside Gunther, today is an exception. The vividness and strangeness of last nights dream had unfortunate similarities to dream she received when Manny was still running around unchecked. "Morning handsome..." Kodama gets out at last sort of on automatic, up on her elbows and looking around the room hoping it held some clue as to what the hell she'd been dreaming. She looks over to her muscular boyfriend, a little perplexed at his fairly relaxed and normal demeanour.

Was it just her?

"Hey... you didn't happen to like... have any weird dreams... did you?" Kodama asks, concern seeping into her voice.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:26 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Kodama
"Uh..." Gunther blinks. "I did, actually. But I was figuring it was the pizza I ate too late last night. You too?"

Enoch
'I think I just had a vision,' Kali says, sitting next to you and clasping your hand, leaning close for comfort. 'And I don't think it's good, because you dreamt it too. With the mountain, and the dragon?'
Old 07-29-2019, 06:12 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Good morning! Yes please." Wraith said to her. "How available is the simulation room this morning please?" Wraith is not perturbed by the dream. Compared to some of the other dreams he's had, this one counts as pleasant.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:14 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
"Yeah me too..." Kodama replies, mind searching for the implications as she heated herself into a sitting position with her back against the headboard and pulling the covers up with her. "Wait, what? What kind of dreams does a late dinner normally give you?" Kodama asks, looking down on Gunther with a slight smirk.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:18 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wraith
"It is currently available all morning!" the Empyrean replies cheerfully.

Kodama
"Weird ones," Gunther returns. "So, what was in your dream? Mine had dragons and a goat, and like the entire Chinese Zodiac."
Old 07-29-2019, 06:23 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
"Yeah me too..." Kodama admits. "And you know it's weird for me 'cause I don't have normal dreams... the animals were all fighting right? And there were doves and hawks..." Kodama trails off, hugging her knees now as she strains her memory to recall every detail.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:25 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama
Gunther frowns and sits up. "Sounds like we had the same dream," he concedes. "And unless one of us suddenly developed psychic abilities, or PlagueNet's got some bugs to work out, we should probably check with someone about that. You wanna ask around and see if anyone else had the same?"
Old 07-29-2019, 06:38 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Kay. Enoch holds up a finger. Empy, base-wide please. If you just had a dream or vision containing a mountain or a dragon, please take time right now to recount it to Empy to the best of your ability. Do not discuss it with others until you've done so. If you did not, please indicate so. Thanks guys. He moves off into the hall. and starts recounting, motioning for Kali to do so as the door closes.

ooc: just say you do it or don't is enough for me. Cross checking is an Enoch thing to do.

Last edited by gravenimages; 07-29-2019 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:15 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Can I book for a couple of hours after I have had breakfast please? Thank you." Then Enoch's broadcast comes through. He recounted the dream he had to Empyrean as he waits for breakfast.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:43 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama is about to answer Gunther when Enoch's request comes through via the Empyrean. She shares a look with the man, one that signifies the weirdness and importance of the shared dream just kicked up several notches. Maybe several dozen.

They'd clearly already discussed it themselves so Kodama takes the initiative to recount the dream for the pair of them. Her description, in large part thanks to her Eidetic memory, is vivid and detailed and very thorough.

With the way Gunther's looking at her when she finishes, Kodama comfortably tacks on: "Gunther says he had the same dream..."
Old 07-29-2019, 10:18 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama
"Noted!" the Empyrean replies cheerfully.

"So are you thinking 'attack' or 'prophecy'?" Gunther asks, leaning back. "I'm kinda leaning toward the second one, but it still seems weird."

Enoch
Kali pokes her head out after about three minutes. "Matt, are you done?" she asks. "What do you think it means?"

"Enoch, when convenient, could you meet Rham and I in my room please?"

Wraith
"You got it!"
Old 07-29-2019, 10:38 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
"Prophecy is my guess. I kind of feel like the gulls are Angels and the hawks emerging from the smoke are Demons. The crazy menagerie of animals is probably like... us. What the Dragon is... I don't know. If I had to go off stuff out there I'm actually aware of I'd probably guess Dracula? Those little eggs being his children, vampires. The big goat would be... uhm... humanity maybe. I have no idea." Kodama sits beside Gunther, just spewing what feels like nonsense but... kinda also feels right. She hugs her knees tighter to her chest, feeling very uncomfortable, feeling very small all of a sudden. "I'm probably not even close, but whatever it is... it feels cataclysmic."
Old 07-29-2019, 10:53 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama
"Cataclysmic," Gunther repeats, rolling the word off his tongue. "Hm. Well, if only we had some sort of group to handle that." He chuckles and puts his arm around you, leaning in. "S'okay, we don't have to figure this out by ourselves. If I had to bet, Azath and Enoch had the same dream we did, and it's their job to be clever about things like this. We'll get with the others and start cracking on this thing... after breakfast. How about Empy rustles up some grub while we go for a walk?"
Closed Thread