RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 02:51 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Michelle slowly turns from the computer screens to Enoch, eyebrow raising in the process. She looks at him blankly for a moment before speaking, doing so in an even tone. "Oh, ya don' know? Well, ya were on honeymoon at th' time. Azath asked me ta help capture an' interrogate a demon named Crocell. When we found 'im he was with dozens o' other demons at th' site where th' vampires were buildin' an' preparin' the site for a ritual to resurrect Dracula. As ya can imagine I had a bit of an objection," she begins to explain, the sarcasm and clear understatement in her voice apparent to anyone. "Turns out Ciarda made a deal with Mephisto ta provide th' labor an' completely forgot ta let her allies know," she continues, somehow laying the sarcasm on even more thickly. "I wanted ta call in a strike from some o' Heaven's more serious firepower ta purify th' demonic taint upon th' world but not ta worry, Azath made 'em pay a fine of oh... what amounts ta a couple pence ta them I s'pose. Oh an' promise not ta do it again. If this vision turns out ta be truly prophetic, I'll expect every one o' his clones ta be kissin' my angelic arse as I tell 'em I told ya so," she grumbles, rolling her eyes skyward. "So what's all this? I can't help but think findin' out th' source o' that vision's at th' top o' th' list o' things ta do. It's on th' top o' mine, at least," she asks with a nod back towards the computer screens.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:28 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Hm. Enoch listens to Michelle's account with some concern. I haven't had any good experience of demons myself. I'll have to have a word with Azath maybe. But, to the current matter. He looks to the map. Eastern Europe. Empy can you narrow that down any?

Enoch looks back to Michelle. I think you have the players right. But I'd ask you to look at the sequence of events. I mean sure, the dragon shows up and things get all rowdy, but then just settle down, and the dragon's content to chill on his little hill. Then the goat turns up. He's off-white and his horns are awful screwy. Which I took to mean he's not exactly all sugar and spice. Then he riles up the dragon with a challenge and attack, and the rest of us have to come get in the middle of all of it. And the outcome has yet to be written.
Old 08-03-2019, 04:24 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"Th' dragon didn' just show up, it destroyed th' mountain that was th' goat's home, incinerated all th' trees, left it in ruin, and cast a cloud o' ash o'er it that tried ta blot out th' sun. Was th 'goat pure an' white before th' dragon destroyed everythin' it held dear? Maybe, but vengeance can turn anyone dark an' twisted," Michelle is quick to respond, a hint of familiarity in her voice that speaks to personal experience in the matter. "Th' dragon gorged itself on th' blood caused by th' destruction o' the mountain, do I need ta get inta what that would symbolize? Even if th' goat was off-white before, can ya really blame it for attackin' th' dragon after what th' dragon did? That's if th' goat represents th' nations o' Earth, but it was used as a symbol o' rulers an' nations in th' Bible at least, so I'm good with that unless somethin' better comes along. An' long as we're talkin' symbols, there's plenty o' symbolism involvin' dragons an' insatiable greed. An' have ya any ideas about th' great wave o' blood that was in our wake?" she asks, looking to get the input of others on a detail that she feels was missed.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:19 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"I'm the red wolf." Wraith said in a chilly tone of voice. He's not sure if she meant it as an insult or not but he's taking it as one. "I agree Sapphire is likely the silver fox. We won't need to speculate much longer. The Arbiters will tell us soon." Ciarda making a deal with the demons doesn't surprise him though it does disappoint him. The angel brings out his worst instincts and Wraith decides to leave. Looking at Enoch. "Enoch, please consider what I said. I'm only trying to look out for all of us. I'll be in my room reviewing my test data until nearly noon, then I will be heading up to Arbiter land. If you need me, contact me before then." Wraith ports to his room to review the data.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:00 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Kodama
Gunthere shrugs. "Seems like we've covered it."

Inka cocks her head. "Gotta split! See you around!"
She disappears.
"Well... hopefully she'll be alright," Gunther opines.

Enoch, Sapphire, and Skyfire
With an almost audible *poink*, Inka appears just inside the door just a second after Wraith left. "Now it's a party!" she cheers, doing jazz hands as if to celebrate. "Hello everyone! Sooo, whatcha doin'?"
Do no harm, take no guff.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 08-03-2019 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:46 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Enoch nods gravely in agreement to Wraith, offers a fist bump before the young Champion takes his leave.

Michelle's counterpoints seem to be telling, causing Enoch to pale a bit. I see your point. Which is why I hated studying symbolism in school; it's so subjective. You, I think it's fair to say are biased against the vampires, me biased towards them, and we both interpreted things way differently.

He steps back to let her enter the room. I wonder how the vam... Inka's advent stops him, and he smiles despite the seriousness of the situation. Well, there's my favorite vampire now. We're taking about the vision of course, Inka. What do you take it to mean?
Old 08-03-2019, 02:17 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch, Sapphire, and Skyfire
Inka claps her hands. "Well, Dracula's coming back, a-duh! And he's gonna save the world from something; I think the goat is a fallen angel that told the demons no, but that's a guess cause I couldn't think of what else it could be. And obvee the other animals are us; like Kodama's the bear and Epirus is the fire dragon, cause of course they are, but I dunno who everyone else would be." She turns to Skyfire, as if just noticing her, and waves. "Hi Michelle! How's your day been?"
Old 08-03-2019, 02:43 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Enoch chuckles, looking at Michelle with an expansive shrug. And that's precisely the problem. He looks at his phone. Funny. Four thousand miles from here, Ciarda has someone doing this on their new supercomputer. She should be calling soon.
Old 08-03-2019, 04:24 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Wraith goes over the data. It's interesting, and Wraith makes many notes. However his mind keeps going back to what Jean-Martin wants the laptop for. The thief is a practical person and he wouldn't want a tool just for show. Wraith grimaced. "Empyrean, I assume you were listening in. Is there any tech that Jean-Martin can use that laptop on?"

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 08-03-2019 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Can u not
Old 08-03-2019, 04:28 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wraith
"I'm sorry, that question doesn't make sense," the Empyrean replies. "I understand that he would be able to use it in the esame ways as other people do."
Old 08-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
"I think I'll put it this way then. Is there tech on the same level of advancement or comparable as the laptop would be?"
Old 08-03-2019, 04:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10646
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Before Wraith left the room Sapphire said to him, "I think you know me well enough to know I don't suck up to anyone, so I'm not trying to score any points with you when I say I agree with you. Well, on most everything you said, all the stuff about our French thief anyway."

To Enoch she echoed that. "That French thief is up to no good. He won't abide by anything. Trust me, I know. He even broke the unwritten rule among thieves, because, that saying is true. There's no honor among thieves. If I weren't here, and still on my own, I'd say whatever you wanted to hear to get what I needed. And he doesn't care about surfing the web faster, he's up to something."

When the talk about Vampires was being spoken of and Enoch said he was biased towards them and Michelle against, she chimed in, "I'm still on the fence."

On the matter of the vision, she still didn't have much to say other than, "It's just... so off putting that we all had the "Exact" same dream. And that some think I'm the silver fox. Sure would like to talk to whomever put this dream vision thing together on that front."
Old 08-03-2019, 04:53 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
Michelle casts a glance at Wraith as he voices his objection and then vanishes, unclear about why he's taking such offense. Another problem with symbolism, it seems they both have differing ideas about what the monkey represents, let alone the entire vision. With a sigh and roll of her eyes she turns back to Enoch. "I'm only biased against those who make deals wit' demons, clearly see nothin' wrong with it, believe arrogance will shield 'em from consequences, an' view any consequences as na more'n a nuisance. Sound like anyone ya know?" she asks, her tone clearly rhetorical as she continues. "But this is why it's good ta have a variety o' opinions, isn't it? Regardless I'm na gonna put much stock in it until-" she says, interrupting herself when Inka pops into the room.

"It's been... interesting'," she answers with a nod. "An' yeah, we were talking 'bout th' vision. I think he's the hyena, na offense, but mange, Plague, kinda makes sense. I'm clearly th' gull, I'm guessin' C.C. is th' silver fox for no reason other than Loki's portals are silver, an' I think Wraith is th' monkey, which seemed ta make 'im mad for some reason. In Chinese mythology an' folklore Sun Wukong, the Monkey King, is known for his trickery an' cleverness despite bein' th' best warrior in Heaven or Earth. I don' think he thought about that though. There's lotsa Biblical imagery in th' vision but na all. But in Biblical references th' goat represents kings or nations. I don' think it represents an individual at all. Tha's just my theory though, an' before ya popped in I was sayin' there's li'l point in stressin' over it until we know who created th' vision an' why. It could be part o' some scheme or deception meant to manipulate, after all," she answers. She doesn't voice one opinion she has, that give her obvious loyalties and enthrallment, Inka may be the scorpion.

It's in my nature.

Last edited by PalladiaMors; 08-03-2019 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 05:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10646
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Sapphire listens and given what everyone has said, she is thinking of a few things. She speaks her mind.
"Are you sure that this isn't something about Hell or demons trying to establish a domain on earth, or just trying to take it over?
I'm no scholar or expert on dreams, but seems like that Dragon ignoring the ants kinda makes me thinks the ants are normal people.
The blood following all the animals, if they are us, seems to me like Vampires, and I'd think the Gull would be you Michelle and others like it joining up would mean other angels.
Just my take on it, or, it could just be some bad Tequila."
Old 08-03-2019, 05:10 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Kind of a reach with the monkey. Enoch chuckles. I mean, it's looking like this came from a Western source from the map. Plus, unless you're mixing symbology that makes the dragon a benevolent celestial being and the goat a sign of plenty or good fortune. But, I mean, who cares if someone I don't know from Adam sees me as a mangey hyena or a zombie gushing neon green sludge from every orifice?

He shrugs. But I do appreciate having you here, you've got a perspective on things that we're otherwise lacking, it seems. A sigh. Well, no time like the present. He dials Marcel.