RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 10:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10646
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Sapphire sat up and knew it was a mistake. Leaning with her head in her hands she finally said, "Empy? My coffee please?"

She then lightly laid over on her side. "It hurts to think", she said aloud. And it did. It actually felt better to speak than just to lay there and ponder things.

"Oh, C.C., you idiot. Cat is with Dirk, or course she can hold her drink. And Temba? Who'da thought? I bet she cheated with some kind of monk meditation. She even caught me trying to hide a shot. Didn't help that I was 10 sheets to the wind. And that dream... must be some kind of Tequila fueled hallucination brought on by all the weird sh*t I've seen over the past few months."

And then the coffee came and she sat cross-legged as she sipped it. "Oh, Empy. If you had a real body, I'd hug you right now."
Old 07-29-2019, 10:59 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Sapphire
The Robbie spreads its arms and bounces, springing up onto the bed and hugging your knee before taking off out the door.

"Enoch has made a request that if anybody has had a weird dream about a mountain or a dragon, that you tell it to me in as much detail as you can remember," the Empyrean says cheerfully. "It can wait until after your coffee."
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
She hugged the Roby back, and then patted it on the head before it moved off.
"Good. 'Cuz you're not gettin' it any other way", she said in response to the dream telling.

The coffee actually helped a lot and her memory of the odd dream became clearer. For the parts about the blood and fire and lava, she used references of the fights and encounters she had been in since becoming a champion.
Though a little more flavorful and with hints of hillbillies viewing a WWF match, it was all there. She ordered another coffee and then ordered up a full breakfast of bacon, scrambled eggs with colby jack cheese, a crossant, finely shredded hashbrowns and small bowl of sausage gravy, one biscuit, a small fruit cup, and fresh squeezed orange juice. A small glass of cold 2% milk was added, and she asked for it in the kitchen.
She went to the kitchen with a chopstick still unknowingly stuck in her hair bun from the knight before, and wearing the same clothes from the night before. All she had done was wash her face, and brush her teeth before she sat down at the table with her coffee and waited for breakfast.
She thought of being mean and waking Temba and Cat, but just wasn't that mean.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:18 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Sapphire
Breakfast arrives; none of the other champions are here yet, though Robbies run back and forth with food. Daisy is up and munching on food, accompanied by an unshaven Thaddeus. He nods to you. "Mornin'."
Old 07-30-2019, 12:15 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
"Yeah that sounds good." Kodama says, still for sure weirded out by her dream but buoyed by the way Gunther's taking it in stride. She gives him a big squeeze around his waist. "I'll need to do some exercise to make up for not doing my morning run."

Another little squeeze and Kodama slips out from their embrace and from under the covers to get dressed in her usual attire. For sure a hoodie over top her usual t-shirt so that she can thrust her hands into the front pocket. "Conservatory's fine, right? Whatever you decide for breakfast is good for me." Kodama says, with her back to Gunther as she gets dressed.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:16 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5525
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Enoch had given a quick accounting of what he recalled, his trained memory retaining the important details. That fact along with the absence of self as an involved character hinted very strongly that it wasn't a dream, confirming the suspicion that had started when Kali reported she'd seen it as well. Would be interesting to see if Oberon, Michelle, Daisy, or Inka had seen it, and Vee would-

His thought process is interrupted by Kali. Yeah. I'm done. You wanna get b- He's interrupted by Azath, sighs. Breakfast started, and I'll go see what Azath wants? He looks down. Azath: After I get dressed.

He heads back inside to the closet, pauses to look up. Empy, do you know where the visions came from? Did you detect anything odd signalwise coming in in the last hour or so? Anything earthshaking happen in the world?
Old 07-30-2019, 07:46 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Once Wraith receives and finishes the meal, he has a slight change of plan. "Empyrean, could you please ask Brendan, John and Lamya to join me in my room if they're available please?" He just wants to check and see how they're doing.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:47 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sapphire returns Thaddeus morning greeting with a simply salute that included the piece of bacon she had in her hand. As she was chewing, she hadn't spoken.
When her mouth was clear, she said, "Sorry. Caught me with a full mouth there. Mornin'."
Old 07-30-2019, 11:28 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wraith
"On it!"

The metallic clanking outside your door precedes the knock and tells you who it is. Opening the door, you see John, with Lamya coming down the hall and Brendan behind her.

Sapphire
Thaddeus rolls his neck. "You have that dream too?" he asks. "I heard the computer ask about it, I'd figured I was the only one. And Daisy here doesn't know what I mean."

"Nope!" Daisy growls cheerfully, tail flicking as she continues munching.

Enoch
"I do not know," the Empyrean replies. "No odd signals were detected anywhere on the electromagnetic spectrum... searching online, it seems that several claimed fortune-tellers, palm readers, and holy men had the same vision, but it was not apparent to most humans."

'Okay... I think I'll let Empy make breakfast this time. I need to get dressed too, and maybe shower.'

"Excellent. Thank you."

Kodama
"Welp, I don't have to put on a jacket for the Conservatory," Gunther replies. "So yeah, that's great. You have any new animals to meet since the last time?"

OoC: Shy, you can put allllmost any creatures you want in there. Phoenixes and Unicorns are probably the upper limit on magical power, though.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sapphire nodded, and finished chewing again, her hangover becoming a distant throb. Rubbing her temples with one hand, the other holding her glass of o.j., she said, "I did. In the past it would have freaked me out that anyone else had the same dream, but since I came here, it doesn't even register really on the weird sh*t-o-meter. Sorry Daisy. Language. It's early. So, you didn't have a dream of Dragons and all that? Do you dream very much?"
It dawned on her that she didn't recall hearing anything about Daisy even sleeping, though she had seen her curled up a time or two. Maybe she didn't dream.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:50 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Sapphire
"No dream," Daisy explains. "I don't think I dream at all when I sleep."

Thaddeus chews and swallows. "I usually sleep like a rock, heh, but this was different. Trying to sort out what it meant, but I've always been better with my hands... you have a late night out?"

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 07-30-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:05 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5525
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Enoch was halfway into shrugging on a t-shirt when Empy delivered the news. It gave him pause for several moments before he finished the task. He strongly considered asking the base to repeat the last part to ensure he'd heard right, but settled for confirming it with his phone. Great, just great he mused sarcastically. He knew it was probably his not-so-subconscious guilt, or possibly the blood imagery as a whole, that cast the dragon as a symbol for Dracula, or the emerging nation as a whole. Eight eggs, eight members of the Council, the insects being humanity, upset by the furrowing... Ugh.

Enoch pulled on some sweat pants and sandals, headed for Azath's room. He called Empy to have an energy drink delivered there.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
"Late nights I am used to, it was the early start of the drinking that is the problem this morning", she replied to Thaddeus.
"I usually sleep well to, so this one was truly odd. 'Thought it was due to the late night and those odd spicy kabobs that the girls had me try. Guess not."

"Do you have daydreams then? You know what I mean?" She hadn't spent much time with Daisy so she wasn't sure if she had to explain what a daydream was or not.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:18 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
Azath opens the door and motions for you to come in. Rham himself is standing there as you enter.

"Wise of you to recommend we share our experiences with the Empyrean before conflating them," Azath praises. "But as far as I can tell, we all shared the exact same dream or vision. Which leads to the question of what it means."

Sapphire
Daisy shakes her head. "No, but Aunt Cat says Vee daydreams a lot."

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 07-30-2019 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:22 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
"There's a Phoenix in there, a wild thing. The monkeys all love watching it streak through trees. They got stock still as it passes through, then it's this like... ten minute chorus of 'Did you see that?! Did you see that?' with a whole lot of back-slapping. After we went to that Fae place I had some snakes brought in, very docile, very colourful. Nobody will be accidentally tripping over them. Oh! I forgot about Gloria, you can't miss her. She's a big Hippo that sits in the lake in the middle. Most relaxed Hippo I've ever met, which is good, because angry Hippos are scary... even for me. I think there's a big Kodiak Grizzly in there too now, he's old and likes taking relaxed walks... that's probably it." Kodama goes on her little mini-rant unabated. Animals, plants, the ecosystem, Dragonball Z are all topics that Ferocus' Champion is comfortable going on and on about.
Closed Thread