RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 01:02 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Enoch nods, scratches the back of his neck as he thinks. Yeah. It was the first thing I thought of since dreams flit away ungodly fast. Like, minutes. Also, crazy development; the folks in the base aren't the only ones to have this vision. A number of people with avowed or implied heightened perception... Fortune tellers, palm readers, holy men... Shared the vision as well. Empy characterized the number as 'several'.

He smiles self-consciously. Here I was hoping to analyze who saw what and who didn't to get some insight into the message itself, but apparently that isn't a thing. Uhm. He looks up. The mountain is probably a symbol for the mortal realm as a whole. The dragon emerging at night... Well, dragon symbolism is different in western and eastern philosophies but I'm guessing it's the emergence of the vampire nation, or the return of Dracula, maybe... Literally putting the council on his back? Oh. The eggs. Eight eggs, eight council members. The smashed one... Maybe symbolic of Dracula being much more than simply a member of the Council. Or perhaps the ritual is going to cost them a member. Or they don't succeed in raising Dracula at all. The chasm and the hill, some sort of reminder of universal balance... For them to have a place that was built up, something else must have been torn down. The Company, maybe? I haven't thought all this through yet, I was more worried about being sure it was preserved.

He takes a few idle steps through the room as he thinks. The goat creature... Um. Well, it emerges in the day, appearing on rather than from behind the mountain, with the sun behind it. Kind of a hero imagery. Light and horns both symbolize, power, truth, purity. I might be reading too much into this, but the color being off-white, and the horns being twisted... Maybe power and truth but not quite purity. Literally or morally twisted. But a power that seems to be the equal of the dragon, as the fight isn't over quickly. The gull and hawks... I hesitate to say angels and demons. And the animals... Us?
Old 07-30-2019, 02:19 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Wraith opens up the door. "Hey guys. Come on in." Wraith ushers them in. "I thought I would just check in with you guys. I know for some of you I've been away for a while. How are you all?"
Old 07-30-2019, 05:45 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5677
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Kodama
Gunther whistles. "That's it huh? JUST the grizzly bear and the hippo and the snakes and the phoenix." He shakes his head. "We gotta put a warning sign on the door, else Fathom at least is gonna be in for a helluva surprise. Maybe get Empy or Enoch to make a digital readout of the critters in here in order of surprising-ness."

He sighs and looks around. "So, I think phoenixes can converse with mere city folk like me. Wanna see if we can walk in on it?"

Wraith
"Well," John replies gruffly.

Brendan shrugs. "Eh. Biggest worry is getting out of shape, the sim room and the gym help with that. Nobody's given me trouble though, I appreciate that."

"I am well also, Wraith," Lamya says. "What's up?"

Enoch
Azath nods. "The symbolism is a puzzle," he admits. "Apart from the obvious ones -Dracula the red dragon, the council his spawn, I am probably the owl and Rham is the snake- it will require more thought. Of more immediate interest to me is who received this vision. As far as I can tell, all of the champions did with the curious exception of Rham. Kali, Thaddeus, Medusa, Oberon, John, Yongten, Temba, Iosef, Anya, Virtue, Dirk, and Michelle also reported seeing it. Theresa, Lamya, Brendan, Gelvira, Steve, Cat, Daisy, Sally, and the Empyrean itself did not. With the additional data provided by the Empyrean, it seems that only those with a particular connection to magic or the divine witnessed it, with perhaps an additional barrier being raised by one's physiology, or shall we say artifice, such as with Daisy, Rham, and Gelvira."

'The next task is finding the prophet,' Rham says. 'Prophecies usually do not simply occur. The vampires, and more importantly the angels and demons, will be scouring the earth searching for them. While I believe the vampires will hand them over eventually, I wish to converse with the prophet before Ichabod is tempted to meddle. The angels and demons will of course attempt to secure the prophet for themselves.'

"With that in mind, would you be willing to work with the Empyrean in attempting to locate the prophet from here, while Rham and I consult Lady Athena and Death?" Azath asks. "I would start by searching for an epicenter; it is highly unlikely that every holy man, priestess, seer, or diviner on earth experienced this event, and it's reasonable to expect that the number who saw it would increase the closer they were to the source. If the vampires call, you are probably the best choice to deal with them; perhaps bring in Inka and Epirus if necessary."
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:24 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"honestly I just wanted to check on you. Make sure you're okay. I want to be better at that." Wraith replied. He sighs. "I think we'll soon be dealing with the new problem soon. We all just had a shared dream. That isn't a good sign."
Old 07-30-2019, 06:37 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Kodama nearly snorts derisively at Gunther describing himself as mere city folk.

"They're pretty quick... but why not?" Kodama replies. "A little walk, a little chat with a mystical bird and then back for breakfast." Kodama walks out through her private entrance to the Conservatory and looks around though there's no sign of the Phoenix yet. "C'mon, handsome." She says, holding out a hand for Gunther to take as they start their walk.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:41 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Enoch listens raptly to the discourse, nodding in agreement. Yeah, that's my groove, man. What do you think about me running down my contact list and seeing if anyone saw the vision, while I work? Might turn up something useful? And should we get proactive in talking to Ciarda about this?
Old 07-30-2019, 06:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10646
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
It explained some things about Diasy in that she didn't dream or daydream. It was a good thing on one level not to get distracted by daydreaming, but it also meant she always had to have something to do.

She finished her meal and felt better, putting her feet in her chair so her knees were up around her chin as she sipped the last of her coffee. It wasn't quite hot enough, so she kicked on Blue's Cutter off her pinky finger at lower power and stuck it straight into the liquid of her cup for a few seconds.
It steamed a little and she sipped it, wondering what was to become of this whole weird dream thing.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:54 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Wraith
"Not all of us, apparently," Brendan says. "What the hell are you talking about? I mean, unless you guys dreamed about falling into an Ent forest too?"

Kodama
It takes about fifteen minutes for you to get close enough to spot the bird, and another few to successfully point it out to Gunther. The man raises his eyebrows. "Wow, that's... that's orange, alright. What now?"

Enoch
"I would give them perhaps another half-hour to call, then contact," Azath judges. "Feel free to ask your own acquaintances about the vision, but I wouldn't help them sort out the meaning."

Sapphire
Dirk stumbles in and nearly crash-lands as he sits on a stool, a pair of Robbies running in what might be the biggest pitcher of liquor most people have ever seen. Dirk snatches it from them and drinks deeply, perhaps a quarter of the half-gallon gone before he sets it down again and takes a breath. "Ugh, man. I feel like crap," he complains, resting his forehead on the table.

"Well, good morning to you too," Thaddeus greets. "Sleep well?"

Dirk just grunts.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 07-30-2019 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:21 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Gotcha. Well... Welcome back Mr. Edwards, I guess. Get back to work. Enoch flashes a grin, turns to leave, but turns back and points to Rham. Hey. When it can be managed I'd like a sitdown with Nimrod. Not terribly urgent. He nods himself out of the room, headed for the lab.

Empy, can you ring Kas and put the call through to the lab? Also, do your best to map out where the holy folk and charlatans had their visions for me?

Last edited by gravenimages; 07-30-2019 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:24 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
"It was some kind of animal battle royal. I'm sure Rham and Azath will have it figured out, and what we should be doing about it."
I think the dragon might be Dracula. Eggs the council members. Who would be the smashed egg then? Might be the cost of raising Dracula. In which case I think it will be Ciarda. She's his most direct descendant. Wouldn't it be lovely if it was actually Ichabod. Not sure about the goat. Might be nature or man. Hawks and doves. Two opposing forces. It could represent conflict between vampires and mankind. Or possibly heaven and hell. The other animals could be us champions. I better not be the f***ing monkey. Actually monkeys are tricky, so Sapphire? Owls are associated with wisdom, that is going to be Azath. White tiger might be Kodama. Don't know about the others. Wraith thinks about the animal he might be.
Dice Insight what animal might Wraith be:
1d20+18 (11)+18 Total = 29

Last edited by Acathala; 07-30-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:25 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
Rham nods. 'That can be arranged.'
"I'm on it!" the Empyrean replies. "Dialing Kas."
"Hey Matt!" Kas greets cheerfully. "Is this about the vision?"

Wraith
"Huh. Welp, good luck with that. Lemme know if you need any more extractions."

There aren't many other candidates who would fit 'reddish wolf'.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 07-30-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:40 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
"Thank you all for coming. I think I better go see Azath. I'll let y'all know what's happening as soon as I can. Empyrean line me to Azath please." Wraith leaves to find Azath.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:08 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wraith
"Azath has left the base," the Empyrean reports. "He and Rham left minutes ago."
Old 07-30-2019, 08:25 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Wraith looks irked for a moment. He resumes his original plan to go to the simulation room. Maybe he could clear his head there. He does briefly consider finding Kodama and Gunther. I won't bother. They never come find me to do stuff. They can do the chasing for once.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:37 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Enoch checks a sigh. Yeah. Did you see it, or just hear about it? He really hopes it's the latter, but doubts it strongly.