RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 09:13 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Wraith frowns as he listens to the conversation. He suffers from the malaise of "suspicious bastard", and Jean-Martin is raising his suspicions. He leaves the room and goes down the hall. Enoch. "Enoch cut the call. We need to talk."

Last edited by Acathala; 08-02-2019 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:22 PM
(ง •̀_•́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Enoch makes a frustrated noise. Empy was an incredible advantage as long as she stayed exclusive. And that's the kind of tech he'd be putting out into the world.

Ah... Gosh, Jean-Martin. Umm... I'd need your assurance that you're not out to get a billionty dollars a month in perpetuity for flipping this technology, and that you'll notify me if it ever falls out of your control, and do everything Frenchly possible to recover or destroy it, should that happen.

Last edited by gravenimages; 08-02-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:35 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch, Wraith, and Sapphire

"Well, Monsieur Enoch," Jean-Martin says philosophically. "Ai am a jen-tellman first and a thief second. If ai waire aftair la maire money, Fairt Knox would be stripped bare and ai would be on a privaté island een le Indian Ocean. And ai am vairy attached to mon belongéngs, zo anyone who trees to steahl eet weehl not be met wiv a vairy 'appy Jean-Martin; you mai as well put a trakair, if eet eases yur mind, as eet seems you weehl find me wivoot eet anywai."
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 08-02-2019, 09:46 PM
(ง •̀_•́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Aright. I need to mute you a few minutes while I run this by my risk advisors. He mutes the phone. Empy, if Azath is back from Athena's could you see if he'd like to voice an opinion? Enoch looks to Wraith and Sapphire. Thoughts?
Old 08-02-2019, 09:49 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
"He is not back," the Empyrean advises.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:27 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Enoch, this is extraordinary bad idea. You're talking about giving advanced technology to a criminal. I don't know why he wants it but a good assumption, is he wants to steal something with it. Since he doesn't want anything that would be useless, we have to assume there is some tech this laptop is compatible with. If someone is using advanced technology to guard something, it's got to be something dangerous, to justify that level of security. Anything Jean-Martin steals with your tech, would also be on you. There are also no guarantees where it could end up if he loses it. Would you want a dangerous foe to get it?"
Wraith takes off his mask. Looks Enoch dead in the eyes.
"I get why you want to do this. It's a tempting short cut. You want to help people. However it's a slippery slope to science at all costs. That is not a good path. It leads to metahuman child assassins or half demon hybrids. I know Kali will hopefully stop you before you got there but still. What I am trying to say is I think you're smart enough to do this without Jean-Martin, even if it takes you a little longer. I don't think you should be doing it without talking to the others. At least talk to Lord Plague."

Last edited by Acathala; 08-02-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:03 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
One thing about never sleeping is that there's no mistaking a vision for an unusual dream. When one never has dreams, aside from the distracted musings known as daydreams, anything resembling one is most certainly nothing of the sort. This was a message. A cryptic one perhaps, but even then not very. Most of the symbolism is clear, leaving the angel with a scowl on her face as it fades and she shakes her head to dispel the lingering threads of the vision. She takes a look down at the book she was reading, Stephen King's The Stand, then over at the TV she had on for background noise, wondering how much time has passed. One thought runs through her head as she marks the place in the book and turns off the TV though - Idiots.

She's about to take it as a message from Heaven, sometimes they're direct, other times they're more cryptic like this, but the message about a dream with a mountain or dragon broadcast over the base by Enoch quickly changes her mind. It only takes a fraction of her intuition to figure things out based on his message - this wasn't just for her, which means it likely wasn't from Heaven. But from whom? And why? As prompted she informs Empy of the vision with vivid descriptions. Another advantage of it not being a dream means she was fully aware of every detail and it didn't fade like a dream would for a mortal being.

So now she was back to nothing. The meaning of the message was important, but so was the sender. And on one she had a good idea, but the other none at all. But if Enoch was looking into it, he probably did. Good a place to start as any, time to do what she did best - stick her nose into things. Setting The Stand aside she heads out of her room and towards that of Plague's champion, leaning against the doorframe and knocking once she gets there. "Ya rang?" she asks through the door, unaware of the others in there or the phone conversation in progress.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:33 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Kodama raises an eyebrow at Inka's assumption that Dracula will be the good guy between him and the spiral-horned goat. There's an extremely short list of people for whom she would go to war for just based on who they were, not whether they were in the right or not. Suffice to say, Dracula wasn't on that short list.

"Sorry, I don't have anything from anyone famous. Don't think I'll become famous anytime soon either." Kodama tells Inka with a minor apologetic tone. Not if I can help it.

"The way the dream made things seem, I'm not sure all of us can go help Dracula. Seems like there's a lot things to help and save. I guess we'll see." Kodama sets up a possible way for her to break with Inka demanding everyone go off and save Dracula in the future.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:34 AM
(ง •̀_•́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Enoch opens the door, looks blankly at Michelle. Kay. He greets distractedly, unmutes his phone. Jean- Martin, we unfortunately have a more pressing matter we're working on just now, so I can't bring this to committee. I'll have to get back to you. Sorry, man. He holds the phone to his ear for niceties or to hear it disconnect, but mutes again.

Sorry. Eight directions at once. Please come in, Michelle. Open question, any insights on the vision? Enoch looks to a map that is running on several screens, adding a dot here or there at interval.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:42 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama
"Kay," Inka agrees with a nod. "Gotta save all the ants, too. I bet I'm strong enough now to help him all by myself."

Gunther looks at her curiously. "You ever seen a prophecy like this before?"
"Not me, but some of the seers say they get them all the time," Inka says. "Like, once a decade even. Some of them are rubbish and more are fakes cause of the demons, but a couple have worked out. It's how Dracula knew Tepes would betray him."
"Au revoir." Jean-Martin hangs up.

The dot pattern seems to be densest in Europe; accounting for population differences, it's slightly denser around Eastern Europe and slowly fading as you zoom out.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 08-03-2019 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:50 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
"Seers? Who're the seers?" Kodama asks, interested. "Do you think any of them could like... spread the message worldwide so that lotsa people here are dreaming the same dream?"
Old 08-03-2019, 01:03 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama
Inka scoffs. "Nope! They just sorta stare at the walls, they don't do REAL magic. 'Cept when they do. You'd need lotsa power to broadcast it like that, it's like a one-point-three in ten million billion gajillion chance otherwise."
Old 08-03-2019, 01:25 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Michelle steps in, still wearing the jeans and t-shirt she was wearing yesterday. Another aspect of not sleeping, daily routines tend to have less meaning. She gives a wave to C.C. and a nod to Wraith, wondering a bit about who was on the phone but clearly considering it less important, as does everyone else. "Well, wasn' too hard ta catch ya meanin', figured since ye're th' one who brought it up, I'd start here. Symbolic, obviously. I filled Empy in on th' details. I don' sleep, which means I don' dream, so when I get somethin' like that in my head it means somethin'. Thought at first it was a message from Heaven, but if I weren't th' only one ta get it, that's prob'ly not th' case. Ya want my straight ta th' point analysis? Yer in-league-with-demons vampire allies have lied ta ya an' don' just want a country o' their own. Biblically th' goat often symbolizes nations or kings, so I'm guessin' in context that represents th' nations o' th' world puttin' up a united front. Th' animals are th' people here. I'm th' gull, hyena," she explains, pointing to Enoch. "With Kali th' lioness, silver fox, an'... monkey?" she ponders, indicating Sapphire and Wrath in turn. "I'll take th' general message ta mean th' vampires startin' a world war with alla us, along with Heaven an' Hell, gettin' sucked in while th' whole world turns ta dust. But that's just my interpretation, an' I wouldn' put much stock in th' vision without knowin' who sent it. It could be a complete lie meant ta manipulate. What's th' screens, ya already tryin' ta figure that out?" she asks, looking at the computers that have very little meaning to her.
Old 08-03-2019, 01:36 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
"Huh." Kodama says, still stumped on who or what was responsible for this crazy vision. "Well I'm sure Enoch and Azath are all over this new mystery, shouldn't be too long until they crack the case."

Kodama looks at Gunther, wondering if he has anything to add.
Old 08-03-2019, 02:14 AM
(ง •̀_•́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Wait. Enoch zeroes in on a critical detail. Hold on. In league with demons?