twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-19-2019, 06:12 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 98
EditionsVeteran
Here is Tefkros again, the format correct this time. Tefkros is complete!

Name: Tefkros ‘Kords’ of Redhorn
Race: Variant human
Class: Fighter archer, working towards Battle master
Background: Greencloak

Bond: Finding somewhere to belong to.

Ideal
Honesty:Tefkros is honest to a fault, with himself and with others. He has trouble saying a lie, and he constantly criticizes himself.
Self-improvement: Tefkros wants to become the best bowman of the realm.

Flaw
From long experience, Tefkros assumes most people habitually lie. He especially does not trust city-folk. On the contrary, he tends to believe people in places of power, such as Barons, Dukes and the like.
Tefkros instantly dislikes anyone who is a better shot. He knows that he does it.
Tefkros killed by accident his friend and collegue in the Greencloaks Garath while tracking goblin marauders. He has never told that to anyone.

Backstory:
Tefkros was born 26 years ago in Redhorn, a hamlet in the outer, wilder reaches of Daggerford. The hamlet has been very secluded for decades and months could pass before a merchant or tinker came that way. The people of Redhorn have traditionally been self-reliant and hardy. Thus, Tefkros was born the second son, after his big brother Telemios and before his sister Helena. Tefkros was from the beggining a short child in a hamlet of giants. His older brother, Telemios, is still almost seven feet, and with the strength of three men.
Tefkros has always been somewhat unlucky. When he was seven, a tree fell in his foot making him limp. His father taught him to hunt, but he could never be a good farmhand. Moreover, all the family’s fields would go by custom to Telemios. Tefkros grew up a virtual outsider, and at the receiving end of many jokes. Despite being one of the best hunters of the village, girls did not look his way. Nor was his voice heard in the Council of the Great Tree, even when he proved to be right.

His big chance came when a wandering minstrel brought news that the Duke Saliezar of Daggerford was organizing a fair with a grand archery contest. Despite the jokes of the Redhorn’s men, Tefkros decided to accompany the minstrel back to Daggerford to take part. After three weeks of journey, Tefkros arrived at Daggerford. Amazingly, Tefkros did indeed win the contest, coming first out of more than three hundred contestants.
With his gains on hand, Tefkros was ready to go back to Redhorn when he was approached by the Duke’s Master of Arms. Apparently, the Duke, in collaboration with the Watch in Waterdeep, was putting together a group of people. The Greencloaks were to be less than two hundred, and their task was to explore, map and watch over the vast areas between Daggerford and Waterdeep. Intrigued, Tefkros agreed to the mandatory one-year training and three-year contract. For the next four years, Tefkros ranged all over, either alone or with another Greencloak. He mapped and remapped the area, and many times he had to rush back to Daggerford to report roving bands of orcs, goblins or highwaymen.
It was near the end of his contract that tragedy struck again. In his last mission, Tefkros and his fellow Greencloak Garath, a half-elf from Waterdeep, were fleeing a goblin band and running to a Daggerford outpost to notify them of the threat. Tefkros fell and Garath stayed to help him. Then, as Tefkros covered Garath’s escape, a freak arrow shot by Tefkros hit Garath and dropped him. Tefkros reached the outpost and never said of this to anyone. He soon left the Greencloaks afterwards, and the group was disbanded shortly afterwards. Following a lead from his previous commander. Tefkros set a course for the Dessarin valley. Perhaps there was work to be done there.

RP Sample:
- You are on your way home from [insert past-time here] when you hear an animal crying for help. You follow the sound and encounter a cow standing over a steep ditch where her calf has fallen in. Do you rescue the newborn and how do you do so?

Tefkros saw the calf first and the cow later. The road was winding downwards, and the ditch was first in sight. He sighed.
“Why do these things keep happening to me, Patience? I am not a ranger.”
He sighed again and checked the weather by reflex. Of course dark clouds would be forming. Of course. Well, there was no help for it. Tefkros first walked to the cow and tied her to a tree, just as the rain started to fall. Muttering all the while, Tefkros went down to the ditch, almost falling, and tied the calf with his other rope. By now, the rain was transforming the ditch into mud. Prodding Patience and cajoling the calf, Tefkros leads it over the ridge. By now, Tefkros was soaking wet and his rope was all but ruined. Perhaps the farmer would give him a spare and let him dry out his clothes.

Sure. And then pigs would start chanting Lathander’s Graces.

“Hey you! What are you doing there with my cow?”

An angry farmer, his two large sons in tow, just cleared the bent. Tefkros sighs.

- You have had a successful night of Three-Dragon Ante, securing yourself a rather nice pot of 200g at the end of the evening. How do you spend it?

Tefkros eyes the bag suspiciously. Luck has never been his strong point. He wasn’t even that good of a gambler. And yet, here he was, 200 goldies in the pouch.

The gods are surely setting him up. Best to enjoy the gold as fast as he can.

In his line of work, Tefkros knew he needed some insurance. The herbalist was reputed to have an elixir of healing to offer, and one which helped with poisons. These would come handy one day. Probably today, if his luck held. And it was time to finally buy the fine coils of silk rope he always wanted.
As for the rest? Tefkros was not a thrifty man, but he had learned to enjoy the fine things. He would change half of the rest into a gem, and then visit the mapmaker. There were some fine maps there the other day.

And wouldn’t a private room in the Boar and Whistle be nice for a change? He would be out in the wilds soon enough. He might as well enjoy the few good things about living in a large city.

Last edited by EditionsVeteran; 08-23-2019 at 03:55 AM.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:20 PM
ArtistErrant

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9189
Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor
@Tyeal: I know I already labeled my application complete, and I can leave it as if I need to, but would it be alright to add a bit more to the end? I remembered I had some more details in mind on Yian's dynamic with her patron (after the initial pact).
Old 08-19-2019, 09:56 PM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4922
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morathor View Post
@Tyeal: I know I already labeled my application complete, and I can leave it as if I need to, but would it be alright to add a bit more to the end? I remembered I had some more details in mind on Yian's dynamic with her patron (after the initial pact).
Sure, go right ahead. This is why I gave at least a week so folks had time to tweak or add or subtract or just edit their applications before I start making decisions.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 809
Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager
I'm going to withdraw my app. The game looks great, but I can't find a way to make Ukani fit without taking away from the character too much and I haven't been hit with inspiration for anything else, except a warforged which is even more inappropriate. Good luck to everyone and have an awesome game.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:00 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 98
EditionsVeteran
OK, I think Tefkros is done. I might add insignificant things later on, but that's it.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:24 PM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2828
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
Hey Tyeal,
Lenna
should be ready, but I see WIP in the table. Is there anything else you'd like me to add?

Last edited by Daendil; 08-20-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:19 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daendil View Post
Hey Tyeal,
Lenna
should be ready, but I see WIP in the table. Is there anything else you'd like me to add?
Was just waiting to see 'Application Complete', or some variation of that phrase, somewhere on your app.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:02 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4151
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
I had sent a PM that Gharn is complete, but I'll post it here too.

Still might fiddle with it, but it's judgable now.
Old 08-22-2019, 04:21 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Last call for applications or edits!

After that the thread will close. I'll be choosing characters the morning of the 23rd and give my line-up that evening.

Last edited by Tyeal; 08-22-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 427
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyeal View Post
Last call for applications or edits!

After that the thread will close. I'll be choosing characters the morning of the 23rd and give my line-up that evening.
Looking forward to it....Good Luck to all
Old 08-22-2019, 07:29 PM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3606
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
I'll go ahead and bow out, bud. I have a great idea in mind for Hatari, but I don't think I'll be able to fill it out. Too busy!

Good luck!
Old 08-22-2019, 07:52 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6141
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Good Luck Everyone!

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterPosting Status: Normal
Old 08-22-2019, 08:41 PM
Crushestro, Inc.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8922
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Yes, good luck to everyone! Sorry to see PF bow out. But if I make it in it looks like there will be great characters to play with no matter what.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:45 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 146
Stegy Stegy
Edaris is complete. I might just add a sentence here or there.

Edaris the Orc
left-aligned image
Name: Edaris
Race: Orc
Class: Barbarian 2 (maybe Barbarian 1/Fighter 1)
Background: Outlander
Bond: My desire to be better.
Ideal: Honor. If I dishonor myself, I dishonor my whole family.
Flaw: I am quick to anger if I or someone I know is personally attacked--verbally or physically.

Backstory
For all accounts, Edaris should not be alive.

He was born a traditional orc: bred out of lust; built for strength; raised for battle. He was but a few years old when his tribe was beset by a group of adventurers. Despite the number advantage, Edaris' clan fell to the surprise attack and died in battle. Edaris, as he was young, had been buried beneath a hut and ignored for the entire battle. Afterward, Edaris was discovered by the adventurers and spared out of pity and remorse by the party's Dwarven Cleric. She saw something inside of the injured Orc boy, and could not kill him because of it. Edaris had been covered in blood when he was found, thus earning his name Edaris, or "blood" in the Dwarven language.

Years passed. Edaris had detested his new adopted mother and the life she had imposed upon him; his Orcish blood ran hot through his veins and Edaris would often violently lash out at whomever was closest. But as time went on, Edaris's temper was put into check, and Edaris himself found a newfound appreciation for his adventuring family. He saw how his mother genuinely cared for those around her, and how those around her cared for her, too. And despite his brutish upbringing and temperament, Edaris found himself on the end of many hugs from the stubborn Dwarven woman. Over time, Edaris' inherit rage slowly subsided, and he turned into a more civilized, well-behaved Orc; most days, at least.

Given his Orcish heritage, Edaris had to often stay outside city walls when he was traveling with his adopted mother and her group of fellow adventurers. So Edaris learned how to fend for himself out in the wilds. He learned how to hunt; how to track various beasts; how to turn animal parts into useful tools. It was like a second nature to him. His adopted mother's friend was a friend of the forest and showed Edaris a thing or two, but Edaris learned how to do so much more on his own. He was able to do a lot of thinking here as well, for the wilderness was vast and open and always eager to listen to Edaris ramble about society and his purpose in life.

Edaris' adventuring party--for eventually he had become a part of his mother's group--started to hear rumors originating from the Dessarin Valley. Something was amiss, and the party wanted to investigate. Unfortunately, Edaris had ventured away from the others on one of his hunts, so when he returned he found everyone had left. A note left behind by his mother informed him of their location and purpose, and she said she hoped he would choose a life that best suited him. She had let him go without a proper goodbye, citing that her god was calling her to that area and she had to leave as soon as possible.

Upset, Edaris destroyed what remained of the camp in a fit of rage. He then spent the next few days hunting and trying to rid himself of the thoughts of his mother and her friends. He felt betrayed and used by them and wanted nothing more to do with them or their ideals. But it did not work. Despite his Orcish blood telling him to ignore them, Edaris could not forget about the adopted family that had saved him, even if they had killed his blood family. Edaris had learned about humanity--about protecting those you cared for--from his adopted family. He would have turned out a bloodthirsty warrior if he had lived with just Orcs.

He was still a warrior, just not bloodthirsty.

Edaris decided to set off to Dessarin Valley in order to search for his adopted family and to see if he could prove useful. Edaris knew that Orcs--especially pure-blooded Orcs--were not well received in any part of civilized society, but Edaris was going to set out to fix that.

RP Sample:
Sasha Galanodel"Mother, I will be fine."

"Are you sure you--"

"Yes, mother. Please. I can do this. Alone. By myself."

With a final adjustment of Sasha's shirt collar, Muriel, Sasha's mother, gingerly rested her hand on her daughter's cheek before smiling and walking away. Sasha herself turned to regard an older building she had passed many times in her life and had actually ventured into on more than one occasion. Taking a deep breath, Sasha reaffirmed herself and stepped through the doors and into the large dining area. She scanned the patrons for a few moments before spotting Gundren sitting with several other people.

Sasha strolled over to the group and took a seat at the table. "Hello. I am Sasha Galanodel. But you already know that, Gundren. Mister Rockseeker. Master Dwarf." Sasha mumbled her embarrassment to herself under her breath as she fiddled with her hair. She listened to the Dwarf speak and nodded her affirmation to his words.

"You can count on me," Sasha declared after everyone had spoken.

Last edited by Stegy; 08-22-2019 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:06 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 611
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Good luck everyone!