twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-22-2019, 11:17 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6141
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I feel I should go back and edit Sara Argate's background because I was done with her so quickly but honestly, I don't see anything wrong with her so I'll just go work on my PF2e character sheet instead

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterPosting Status: Normal

Last edited by Silk; 08-22-2019 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:33 PM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4922
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Applications are closed. I'll be announcing the party in the next few hours.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:02 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Alright! Thank you again for everyone that applied. I now have greater understanding on what so many other GMs I've played with have said on how hard it can be to build a team from a large number of solid apps. So! Here are the players I've chosen:

Silk - Sara Argate
DemonSlayer - Aramil Selavarun
Unko Telok - Bellamine 'Bell' Serpenthelm
Jab Burrwalky - Anwir 'Ciever' Dolion
Inimity - Skjall
Stegy - Edaris

Welcome to Princes of the Apocalypse! Here's a link to the game. I look forward to (hopefully) making this a great game ^^

Last edited by Tyeal; 08-23-2019 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:23 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 98
EditionsVeteran
Have a good game!
Old 08-23-2019, 05:10 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Therru Therru
Congrats everyone, have a good game!
Old 08-24-2019, 02:15 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6141
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Thanks

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterPosting Status: Normal
Old 08-27-2019, 06:50 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Could a mod please close this thread? Thanks!
Old 08-30-2019, 08:56 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17152
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Done. For anyone following at home, though, I believe that thread creators in this forum have the power to do that themselves, in the "thread tools" drop-down.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:09 PM

Tools
User Statistics
This thread is re-opened!

Unfortunately our Cleric, played by Jab Burrwalky, seemed to have gone MIA and I'm in need of a replacement player. Preferably someone that can help keep the party in one piece but feel free to post what you feel would be fun and useful. The party at the moment consists of:

Edaris, an Orc Barbarian
Bel Serpenthelm, a Half-Elf Shadow Sorcerer
Sara Agate, a Human Warlord
Aramil Selavarun, a Wood Elf Ranger

Everything in the OP still applies and the cut-off date has been updated. Depending on the quality of the applications I'd consider allowing two players into the game. The party is currently at the first dungeon I have set up for them and are just getting the first whiffs of the larger plot. They're still Level 2, for the time being.

Last edited by Tyeal; 11-08-2019 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 875
Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri Kweheri
right-aligned image

Name: Aman
Race: Aasimar - Protector
Class: Runepriest 1/ Paladin 1
Background: Acolyte
Bond: "I would die to retrieve an ancient relic of my faith that was lost long ago"
Ideal: Change: We must help bring about the changes the gods are constantly working in the world
Flaw: I am suspicious of strangers and expect the worst of them.

Backstory:

Aman, named such by his parents after the historic deity Amaunator, the birth of an Aasimar in the family was seen as a sign and a blessing from the gods. This long forgotten figure had been handed down from parent to child for generation after generation and had become part of the family tradition.
Worship of the yellow god was an important part of this tradition, a commitment made by all when coming of age was to keep the Light of the law alive in their hearts, for one day he would return and their dedication and faith would be rewarded. However for now, and in an act of discretion he, much like his father and father's father lived and grew in Phandalin. The ancient god still had his enemies, and those who might consider his worship criminal. As such many many years ago Aman's ancestors came to Phandalin to hide away.

Part of this heritage were secret teachings of symbols containing great power, and an awareness that tomes exist containing a far greater wealth of this secret knowledge. Aman has taken it upon himself to harness further these magic symbols and seek out one of the sacred tomes that contain even more lost knowledge that would expedite Amaunator's return. Following years of study, and years of failing to progress further maybe it was time Aman actively went out to find these tomes! Doing Amaunator's will and spreading his influence in the land.

RP:
It was still early in the evening when Aman began his walk home from the Stonehill Inn, Toblen's stories did not enchant as much the 100th time as they did the first...

Still, the streets of this small town were quiet and the roads mostly mud. Most were safely home, or warming themselves back at the Inn now behind him.
There was no one else out, the light was beginning to fade and the wind... The wind carried a cry of distress and anguish.
Ever the compassionate individual, Aman could not resist the urge to follow these cries.
After walking some 15 minutes away from town the Aasimar came across a distressed cow, bawling in fear as she could not reach to her calf that had slipped under the fence and into along time dry stream bed. Unfortunately for the Calf, the sides were still steep with layers of silt sitting just below the surface of the grass.
Amen slid into the ditch with the calf, itself distressed and untrusting, although it'd clearly been here a while and was exhausted. The streaks of mud and torn grass littering the sides evidence of the desperate attempts made to get out.
It only took a few minutes until the calf's weakness had failed it and permitted this stranger to catch and grapple it. Now both of the covered in mud and almost indistinguishable from one another.
However now Aman had a good hold of the calf, hugged close to his chest. It only took two attempts for him to realise that they weren't just going to walk out of the ditch.

Last edited by Kweheri; 11-09-2019 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:04 PM
All Bark & Husky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3211
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs

Last edited by DanshiiWithWulfs; Yesterday at 08:26 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7628
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Hi Tyeal,

Would you consider unlocking the dice roller thread linked in the OP? It's fun to roll stats and then see what character comes out of it. Thanks!
Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry about that! Dice roller is open for those that wish to roll.
Old Today, 03:17 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1463
Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur
Applying with a new PC!
right-aligned image
Name: Branwyn Bronzebellows
Race: Hill Dwarf
Class: Life Cleric of The Bearded One

Background: Acolyte
Trait: I don't pay attention to the risks in a situation. Live life to the fullest!
Bond: My Order sort of doesn't want anything to do with me because of my "careless nature".
Ideal: Change. We must help bring about the changes the gods are constantly working in the world. (Chaotic)
Flaw: Sometimes I think I like the pleasures of this world a little too much...
Backstory: Originally a cleric of Berronar Truesilver, Branwyn was always regarded as a bit of a loose cannon with her predilection for getting into trouble and indulging too much in carousing and tasting the finest ales in the dwarven realms. Her parents recognized her calling to be a dwarf of the clergy due to her prodigious wisdom and strength of personality, but little did they consider that the young girl was too keen on adventure and fun to be constrained to the confines of a convent. This was exacerbated when, in the course of her studies, Branwyn stumbled upon a tome that talked about Hanseath,
normal image without text wrap
Symbol of Hanseath
The Bearded One, the dwarven deity whose personality and doctrine fit much more conveniently to the things that she herself valued. Soon she was telling all who would listen about this lesser-known god, which when the High Clerics caught wind of it, prompted them to assign her to field work. Where else would the young cleric learn to temper her tempestuous nature but in the Savage Frontier?

Thus Branwyn found herself tending to the sick and dying in the village called Triboar, investigating the rumors of bandits harassing caravans and travellers on the forest roads. While the open country was agreeable, the cleric was well aware that if her performance in her tasks proved unacceptable to her superiors, she could very well find herself stripped of her title and what little remains of her respectable reputation back in Yaunoroth. However, rumor also had it that there was a small dwarven company who were told to worship Hanseath, and their last known whereabouts were somewhere in the Dessarin Valley. Branwyn hoped to run into them somehow, and explore the possibility of joining.

RP Sample: I play a Level 1 PC named Vidri in this pretty entertaining game by @SilentRain

Rolls

Last edited by Hundur; Today at 03:49 AM.
Old Today, 01:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7628
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Chob the Mumbler
Race: Goblin
Class: Warlock (Great Old One patron)

Background: Custom, based on CharlatanFortune Teller

Backstory:

RP Sample: A post I like a lot.

Last edited by Berith; Today at 01:27 PM.