RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-18-2019, 11:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10646
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Sapphire didn't offer to pay as Inka had that black credit card.
She did finish up her coffee, and push her chair back as she stood up.
"If the Grand tour includes Thor, I woke up too soon."
Old 09-18-2019, 12:36 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13524
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"I dunno, none of te stories about Thor say anyting about people who can turn beer to ash," Natalia laughs, taking another bite of her duck. Though she's not hungry, it is good, and she has a deep-rooted aversion to leaving food on her plate from when she was young and didn't have that kind of luxury. "I tink I should though, now tat it's all been sorted. I guess he saw someting in me, aside from te obvious, maybe he knows someting I don't. Well duh, of course he does. He's a god. I'll need to go back to te hotel first, I left some tings up there. Should I change?" she asks as an afterthought. She's never met a god before, what even is the proper procedure?
Old 09-18-2019, 04:22 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5677
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Wither and Sapphire
"You can," Inka offers, setting down her empty cup of tea. "I'd wear something with long sleeves, it's kinda dusty. But a lot of the other... so like, miiddle-of-the-road sorta thing. Like what I'm wearing."

She looks around. "So, we good for me to pay so we can get going?"
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:44 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"Eh, good enough. I've been going through old warehouses, abandoned underground tunnels, and caves for te last three months, a little dust isn't going to bother me. One of tem has to have a beach or someting, right? I'll just go for a swim when we're done. I just didn't know if I needed to... dress up or anyting. Never met a god before," Natalia shrugs. Apparently a nice evening gown or suit wasn't necessary. Which was good, she didn't have either.She hurriedly stabs and scarfs down the last of her meal, not wanting to leave any of it, before nodding to Inka. "Sim, I'm ready," she answers as she downs the rest of her water.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Sapphire nods that she is ready as well, dressed as she is. 'Course, she has her small backpack/purse with her armor in it and new suit, so she's ready.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:58 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
right-aligned image
Sapphire and Wither
Inka pays and then you all return to the street, Natalia leading the way back to the hotel; even teleporters can't go to a place they don't know, and Inka doesn't recognize the name at first telling.

The lobby elevator doors slide open to reveal... none other than Jean-Martin, a cigarette lazily trailing smoke from between his fingers, an empty champagne bottle in his other hand. He locks eyes with C.C. for a moment, before recovering himself enough to nod politely. "Excusez-moi, Mesdemoiselles," he bids, before boldly stepping off the elevator and striding toward the door.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-18-2019 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sapphire calls after him, "That's it? No hello? No, how are you doing? Nothing?"

Old 09-18-2019, 06:15 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Old 09-18-2019, 06:31 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
"Long time no see, m'sieur," Natalia responds in the best French she can muster, which amounts to a single, badly-accented word. She's completely oblivious and unaware of any connection "Mr. Jacobin" might have with C.C., the look he gives her registering only as appraisal, or him sizing up another target. At which point she pays him no further mind, or at least appears to. When C.C. calls out to him, apparently knowing him, it does raise her curiosity somewhat, but the exchange does make for a good distraction. With the two engaged in some sort of conversation she whispers in the softest, most barely-audible voice she can muster, the sort that only a vampire's senses could hear, "Check your wallet." At which point she does so, appearing to scratch her backside but actually checking to see if the Euros are still there. Not that she appears to need them anymore, but just as a matter of principle.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old 09-18-2019, 10:26 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Sapphire and Wither
Surprisingly, all wallets remain where they are without so much as a twitch.
"Ai was undair ze imprezion you steehl wented sévairal pounds of mon flesh fair zat painténg, zo non, non 'allo-'allo," the Frenchman returns with a flourish, before pivoting on his heel, tossing the bottle into a trash can, and proceeding out into the street.

"Soo... who was that?" Inka asks curiously as the elevator doors close. "Old boyfriend? Fence?"
Old 09-19-2019, 12:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sapphire replies to Inka, "Oh, hell no. He was my former competition and the one who actually stole my Degas painting right in front of me."
She hurries after him. "Wait, wait! Jean-Martin. I only wanted to know why you did... what you did. Now I know. What are you doing here?"
Old 09-19-2019, 12:33 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
Natalia rolls her eyes when Sapphire runs out after Jean-Martin, but reaches out to hold the door and keep it from closing while she sorts out whatever it is she has to sort with the Frenchman. "So... works for Loki?" she asks Inka with the raise of a skeptical eyebrow.
Old 09-19-2019, 12:46 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Sapphire and Wither
"I think they both might, honestly," Inka replies frankly. "But Cee-Cee's like, his MAIN person, and Jean-Martin is maybe more of a subcontractor for less important stuff?"

"Why, ai am on vacashe-on," Jean-Martin returns after a dubious look. "Ai am between jobs, and ai 'ave recent-lee come into a lairge sum of monéy. Zo mé and mon champagné, we aré 'aveng urselves a nice retreat. And you, mademoizélle Sapphiyairé? What are you doéng haire?" He wags his finger. "Our mutual acquaintance léd me to believe zat you wairé busy givéng vampiyairés papaircuts air zumtheng of le liké."
Old 09-19-2019, 01:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
"I am doing something like that. And I apologize for interrupting your vacation, and congratulations on coming into that large sum of money. If I may, I'd just like for you to confirm that Mr. Li hired you to go after my painting. I've heard it from another source, but I just wanted to be sure. That's it, and I'll be on my way, on vacation too you could say."