RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 09-05-2019, 01:37 AM
PalladiaMors's Avatar
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors is online now
Elder Dragon Legend
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-18-2019
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Posts: 7,368
"Si, never heard tat one before," she mutters as the vampire collapses. His skin was pulling taut against his bones, muscle mass was visibly deteriorating. No matter how many times she saw it, it still unnerved her a bit, even if it was an undead monstrosity being withered away. And it looks like he didn't put up that much of a fight. This one felt like a zealot. You are a fool, the master will have you, you know not of what you meddle, blah blah blah. She's heard it before, and getting anything out of them was an irritating, time-consuming process of getting them to lose control of their crazed ranting and say something meaningful in a moment of clarity. Which she has neither time nor patience for right now. No need to be fancy, with a practiced motion she pulls the A Brazilian, machete-like swordfacao from her back, gives it a dramatic twirl in her hand, then places her palm on the hilt and shoves it downward into the vampire's chest to end any future problems he might cause. With him dispatched she turns her
Dice Perception:
1d20+15 (9)+15 Total = 24
Dice Investigation:
1d20+15 (4)+15 Total = 19
attention to the immediate area to see what he may have been guarding.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-05-2019, 01:42 AM
WhovianBeast's Avatar
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast is online now
Entirely Ridiculous
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-18-2019
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Posts: 19,167
Wither
He appears to have been carrying a small cooler filled with ice and opaque bottles filled with reddish liquid, clearly blood; looks like he was bringing home the snacks.

"//Keep going,//" a soft, female voice whispers in your ear; it sounds close, but there's clearly nobody here, there, or anywhere in sight. "//Kill the leader.//"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosh
Is hard being hero? Yes. But someone must wear soap.
Do no harm, take no guff.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-05-2019, 07:46 AM
PalladiaMors's Avatar
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors is online now
Elder Dragon Legend
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-18-2019
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Posts: 7,368
The bottles are met with a disgusted and angry grimace, the woman taking each of them and pouring them into the cooler before reaching a hand out towards the pooling blood. Sickly vapor begins to rise from the cooler, the scent of blood rising from the cloud before it too begins to disintegrate. In moments there's nothing left of the blood in the cooler but some stains on the inside of the cooler and bottles. It was a symbolic gesture to be sure, but an effortless one. She's about to check for another way out, possibly one of the two other passages, when the voice whispers in her head. Immediately the sword is out again, the woman in black and gray turning her back to the wall and scanning the room. "//Who's tere? Where are you?//" she demands, trying in vain to find the speaker. Though the message was one she certainly agreed with, a voice whispering in your head isn't the sort of thing to just take at face value.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-05-2019, 11:18 AM
WhovianBeast's Avatar
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast is online now
Entirely Ridiculous
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-18-2019
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Posts: 19,167
Wither
"//Friend,//" comes the whispered response, before a rock clatters from further inside the tunnel.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosh
Is hard being hero? Yes. But someone must wear soap.
Do no harm, take no guff.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-05-2019, 02:22 PM
PalladiaMors's Avatar
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors is online now
Elder Dragon Legend
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-18-2019
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Posts: 7,368
"//I am not used to listening to strange voices in my head, at least tis one is telling me to do what I was already doing,//" Natalia mutters before going silent and continuing up the tunnel, staying as quiet and
Dice Perception:
1d20+15 (20)+15 Total = 35
observant as possible.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-05-2019, 05:20 PM
WhovianBeast's Avatar
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast is online now
Entirely Ridiculous
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-18-2019
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Posts: 19,167
Wither
You note several other shining metal tripwires as you proceed deeper into the cave, but they're avoided easily enough. Faint tracks in the mud indicate the passage of lightfooted individuals, but you're at least a half-mile inside before you smell the faint scent of sweet incense and can see the faint reflected glow of a distant fire.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosh
Is hard being hero? Yes. But someone must wear soap.
Do no harm, take no guff.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-05-2019, 07:46 PM
PalladiaMors's Avatar
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors is online now
Elder Dragon Legend
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-18-2019
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Posts: 7,368
Can you hear tis Natalia thinks to herself, as pointedly as she can. What do you know she adds as a follow up, whether or not there's a response. Whomever is urging her on to kill the leader seems to know she's here despite not being in her presence, at least not any sort she could detect. It would seem to indicate a captive of some sort. Not taking any time for a reply either way she continues up the passageway, sticking to the shadows and keeping as silent as possible. Once the smell and flicker of a fire comes into view she slows down even further, sliding the night vision goggles onto her forehead before
Dice Perception:
1d20+15 (7)+15 Total = 22
peeking around the edge of the tunnel to see what's gathered around the fire, be it living, unliving, or otherwise.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-05-2019, 10:28 PM
WhovianBeast's Avatar
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast is online now
Entirely Ridiculous
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-18-2019
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Posts: 19,167
Wither
There's no response.

Looking across, you can see no fewer than three vampires pacing around the distant fire Two of their heads cock toward the tunnel, though it doesn't seem they can see you from this distance, and the third continues around, hands on his head and a jade mask firmly strapped to his face as he continues muttering in a language you can't make out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosh
Is hard being hero? Yes. But someone must wear soap.
Do no harm, take no guff.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-05-2019, 11:13 PM
PalladiaMors's Avatar
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors is online now
Elder Dragon Legend
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-18-2019
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Posts: 7,368
At least three, possibly more she can't see from here. Bad odds, but doable. Still, there's no reason just to charge in blindly. Looks like they're waiting for the one she found back in the tunnel to deliver their snacks, and the one she would mark as the leader of this group is impatient. Now it was time to see how impatient. Or how hungry. Maybe both. Silently creeping back the way she came, Natalia finds a good spot with some cover where she can ambush any that might be sent to check on him. If she can take him by surprise she may be able to take him out silently enough to not alert the others, worst case scenario she'll have a few seconds to take care of him before the others reach her. Divide and conquer, as they say, the woman in black Slide the NVG back on, passive 29 stealth to find a good ambush spot. She'll wait no longer than 5 minuteswaiting like a spider, even though this time it's the prey that has the fangs.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-05-2019, 11:18 PM
WhovianBeast's Avatar
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast is online now
Entirely Ridiculous
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-18-2019
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Posts: 19,167
Wither
Unfortunately, there only seems to be the one entrance into the cave, and that in plain sight of the vampires. The other two look to the leader, who doesn't stop his chanting, before they split apart and begin cautiously approaching the tunnel opening from the left and right.

"//We hear your heart beating,//" the one on the left calls out as they stop, juuuust outside of your range, though it may be simple caution on their end. "//You who killed our brothers and sisters! You were the one chosen by our god, why do you kill us in this way?!//"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosh
Is hard being hero? Yes. But someone must wear soap.
Do no harm, take no guff.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-06-2019, 12:44 AM
PalladiaMors's Avatar
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors is online now
Elder Dragon Legend
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-18-2019
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Posts: 7,368
Well great, vampire cultists wanting her because she was chosen by their vampire god. How truly reassuring, that changes everything. Every encounter with these creatures has proven them to be crazier and crazier, now they're going on about her being the chosen one of some dark god. Presumably anyway, she's pretty sure they aren't talking about Apollo. Was this really all over a rare blood type, or because of her abilities? Who would even know about that, let alone vampires? She'd been so careful to keep her identity a secret, she was sure she hadn't left any clues, nor any traces for anyone to follow. No time to think about it now, and it wouldn't matter when the last of them were dead. Though it wasn't quite what she wanted, divide and conquer seems to have worked as well as it's going to. She really needs to learn to heartbeat quieter. Aura of decay spreading out once again, Natalia slides the goggles back up onto her forehead, runs to the entrance to the cave, and makes a quick turn to the left, facing the speaking vampire. Nothing fancy this time, just a quick thrust of her Power Attack for 2, DC: 24
Dice Sword:
1d20+13-2 (17)+13-2 Total = 28
sword towards his chest, hoping to thin the numbers quickly.

Last edited by PalladiaMors; 09-06-2019 at 12:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-06-2019, 01:32 AM
WhovianBeast's Avatar
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast is online now
Entirely Ridiculous
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-18-2019
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Posts: 19,167
right-aligned image
Wither
A nimble weave on your part slips you past the vampire's guard, and your sword sticks just inside his sternum.

"//Let no one escape!//" the head vampire cries shrilly, eyes peering from behind the expressionless mask. The bystanding vampire bolts for the tunnel, and in a few blinks of the eye is already gone into the darkness. The stabbed vampire smashes his hands downward and strikes the flat of your blade; to his surprise as much as yours, your blade bends and the very tip snaps off, though you maintain your grip as he scrambles backward toward the fire. The leader seems to watch you rather more calmly than before, and his murmuring has stopped, though he doesn't seem to bear the malice his acolyte does.

OoC: Vamp 1 is at -1. He made a it WAS right there, and disarming the chosen one is preferable to cutting their throat... for nowsmash attack against your sword and crit the attack check; even with some very generous rule fudging, I couldn't give your sword more than TN 8. A typical machete is 4mm thick steel; steel has TN 9 for an inch (25.4 mm), 8 for 12.7mm thick, blah-blah-blah reinforced something-or-another and it's still kinda busted. Not unusable, but for its new-and-improved elbow bend I think Imma give you a -2 to-hit with it until you either bend it back or get a new one. Since it's Equipment and not a Device, you'll be able to just *buy* a new one, possibly offscreen if it comes to that.

Also, if you're gonna attack somebody, you gotta roll initiative. I mean, really, it's like rule 1
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosh
Is hard being hero? Yes. But someone must wear soap.
Do no harm, take no guff.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-06-2019 at 01:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-06-2019, 12:39 PM
PalladiaMors's Avatar
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors is online now
Elder Dragon Legend
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-18-2019
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Posts: 7,368
Now she was mad. She'd had that sword for a long time, it had a great deal of sentimental value. It had better be repairable, or... well, nothing really. It wasn't like she wasn't going to kill the vampires anyway. Still mad though. Fortunately she didn't really need it, she had other weapons at her disposal, weapons that couldn't so easily be taken away. This one was strong, she'd have to up her game a bit to deal with him, that or hope he succumbs to the aura of hunger and wasting surrounding her. There's a quick stab with the broken sword as she chases after him but it's only a feint, Natalia dropping it and throwing a hard Unarmed with +5 power attack (DC: 19), grab with +5 strength to follow
Dice Unarmed strike:
1d20+16-5 (17)+16-5 Total = 28
kick to the vampire's wounded chest, trying to knock him off balance enough for her to move in. The leader in the mask seems overly suspicious, she doesn't want to waste much time with his underling.

OOCDurr, my bad, I was thinking it all one long combat for some reason.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-06-2019, 04:16 PM
WhovianBeast's Avatar
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast is online now
Entirely Ridiculous
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-18-2019
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Posts: 19,167
Wither
The vampire growls as your kick lands and you pinion his arms. "//Give up,//" he commands through clenched teeth, the words reverberating in your mind for just a moment before you shake it off.

The jade vampire snatches up an iron poker from the fire and waves it at you, the tip glowing red hot. "//Come, chosen one!//" he eggs. "//Send us to paradise with our lord!//" His eyes are wild for a moment more, before they bulge in surprise; blood spills down the front of his shirt and from under his mask, before he collapses motionless to the ground.

"//Leader!//" the held vampire cries. A deep rumbling shakes the cave and dust falls from the ceiling.

OoC: Vampire is at -2 and grabbed (Defenseless, immobile, impaired).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosh
Is hard being hero? Yes. But someone must wear soap.
Do no harm, take no guff.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-06-2019, 07:21 PM
PalladiaMors's Avatar
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors is online now
Elder Dragon Legend
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-18-2019
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Posts: 7,368
"//You've been telling me tat for monts, not about to start listening now,//" Natalia growls back, finally getting a solid hold on one of the vampires. All the legends speak about a stake through the heart, holy symbols, and garlic but it turns out jiu-jitsu techniques are pretty effective too once you get the leverage. A twist of the arm pins the vampire's limb up against her own, with her left hand held against the side of his neck like a vice. Turning to place him as an inhuman shield between herself and the leader, she digs her fingers into the side of the vampire's neck to Death Touch with Power Attack +5, DC: 30
Dice Death Touch:
1d20+10-5 (6)+10-5 Total = 11
melt the flesh from his bones and strip away enough of the tissue to take his head off. Grisly work, but effective. When the leader's head seems to spring a leak, and not by her doing, the need to end the one she has a hold of rises even more. Then again when the cavern starts to rumble. Was this the doing of the one who escaped? The one whispering in her ear? Doesn't much matter, getting out of here suddenly became a much bigger priority.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB