RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-06-2019, 11:36 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5677
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Wither
The vampire crumples to the ground, desiccated head rolling into the fire.

The leader is evidently dead, drying out by the second beneath your aura, and nothing else is moving except for the flickering of the fire.

"//Do not be afraid,//" the quiet, female whisper warns, slightly louder this time. "//I mean you no harm, young lady. I do not wish to fight.//"

OoC: Vampire is Dead. He would be at -3, grabbed (Defenseless, immobile, impaired) and Stunned, but nothing's interfering before you kill him so Imma expedite things.
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:16 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13524
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
There's some disgust when the head of the vampire in her grip shrivels, cracks, and disintegrates in her hand, gore and blood flowing from what's left with only some of it turning to vapor and dust as the corpse falls to the ground. Quite a bit of that disgust is aimed inward, Natalia has never enjoyed doing what she does, it's just an unpleasant necessity. She's learned to block out the worst of it, but it never fails to get to her in some way. She's glad this one is gone, and yanking the mask off of the leader confirms he's gone as well. She picks the bent and broken sword up in one hand and holds the mask in the other, it could be some sort of clue, or maybe just valuable. She's never been above looting the vamps she's killed before, no reason to start now. Somebody had to pay for all those travel expenses. It's a strange sensation knowing that her months-long crusade has reached an end, there's a brief moment of wonder at what she's going to do now, though the recent memory of the rumble prompts her to worry about that question later. Not to mention the one that got away, it might not be over after all. It's as she's turning to leave that the voice speaks up again, prompting a defensive stance from the woman in black. "Who are you? Where are you?" she demands as she looks around, a third, quite possibly relevant question coming to mind as well. "For tat matter, what are you?"
Old 09-07-2019, 12:22 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Wither
"My name is Joanna Meier," the frustratingly directionless voice replies in English after a moment's pause. "I am here in the cave with you, and I am another vampire, but I mean you no harm. What is your name, young lady?"

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-07-2019 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:40 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"Anoter vampire? So much for 'friend'," Natalia answers in a low tone as she continues to look over the cave. After all she's been through these past two months she's hardly going to be persuaded so readily or so quickly, they've tried deception before. Still, would be rude to not give some kind of answer. "Wither," she answers, giving the shortened version of another name some vampires gave her before - the Witherer. She's definitely not going to give her real name after all she's done to keep it a secret.
Old 09-07-2019, 01:31 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Wither
"I can understand your apprehension, Wither," the unseen woman replies. "I was watching the cave when you entered. We were worried these last remnants may have been more... intractable. Yet you seem to have dealt with them in your own way. Look to your left."

A woman seemingly blinks into existence, sitting on a small rock about twenty feet away. She has brunette hair tied tight behind her head, a black turtleneck sweater, and loose-fitting pocketed pants. Her eyes are cold and blue, two evident dagger sheathes on her hips and undoubtedly more weapons stashed everywhere you might care to search, though her hands are empty and resting in her lap. "I don't want to fight," she repeats. "But the one that ran away collapsed our only exit. In exchange for that mask, I can cast a spell to bring help, if you'll let me."

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-07-2019 at 01:32 AM.
Old 09-07-2019, 01:53 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
Apprehension is right, though certainly not without good reason. Natalia still eyes Joanna with some suspicion, though she certainly isn't acting like any of the cultists. Doesn't seem deranged or ranting either. "Last remnants?" she asks, turning to face the woman as she appears. "So ten what are you, if not wit tem?" she asks, the larger picture of vampire politics and factions unknown to her. The cultists were the only ones she had ever known, so to her, that was vampires. But this vampire's claims of the escapee collapsing the tunnel made sense, and if she was hostile, she could have jumped in to help the others at any time. She looks down to the mask for a moment before tossing it to Joana, easy come, easy go. "I suppose I do not have much choice. But I tink you know better tan to double cross me, apparently I am your chosen one," she says with no hint of sarcasm as the aura around her fades, though it's pretty clear that it could rise up again in a heartbeat.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:44 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wither
Joanna sniffs and catches the mask easily. "You were their chosen one," she corrects, standing and slipping the mask into her back waistband beneath the sweater. "I'll give you the short version. My two sisters and I are assassins for the real vampires, of which there are approximately one million still awake and active. We work directly for their governing body, known as the Council. These vampires were the last remnants of a vampiric cult to the god Famine. We look down on them in much the same way that you might look down on Jim Jones, or the Branch Davidians; religious extremists with debatable charisma, a goal, and an utter lack of sense."

She reaches into her pocket and pulls out a pouch of grayish powder, which she begins smearing on the floor as she speaks. "While we believe it is true that this god Famine did intend for you to meet him, as much as we know anything about him, we have no intention of interfering one way or the other, particularly since one of the Council's bodyguards appears to have been selected for his purposes instead during a ritual conducted some weeks ago. Because a traitor was overthrown, the Council has only recently been able to resurrect their king, a plan which has been in the making for some time. I was sent here to eradicate these embarrassments, so that our king may reveal us to the world free of such baggage."

The vampiress looks up from her work. "Honestly, I expected to find you -or rather, whomever had been killing the others of this cult- dead," she says simply. "But clearly not. As a direct subordinate of the Council, if I find any such people as possess... certain powers, I am authorized to offer them and their immediate families citizenship in the nation we will soon establish in place of the shattering civilization of South Africa. You will have a job where you can use your powers openly, be paid handsomely, and be protected by the full might of the sons and daughters of Dracula, as opposed to hunting down religious fanatics in the desert caves caked in mud with a manufactured sword and fear for your own identity."

She reaches into her pocket and draws out a matchbox. "I will send a message to a lesser vampire sorcerer by the name of Quentin, he will arrive here within five minutes, and he will agree with everything I say to the extent that his knowledge allows him to. What questions do you have, Wither?"

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-07-2019 at 02:45 AM.
Old 09-07-2019, 11:57 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
Natalia just stares blankly as Joanna speaks. Everything she's saying both sounds completely insane and yet the only thing about this entire situation that makes sense. Several waves of disbelief wash over the woman in black, one right after the other, more questions than she can count coming to mind. When the vampiress asks that very thing, if Natalia has any questions, the only thing she can say in response is "Questions? Where do I even begin?"

"Over a million? You're talkin' about vampires, as in te children of te night, blood-drinkin', vampires? And 'god' Famine? How is tat even possible? You mean 'god', like Zeus, Tor, or Anubis? Tose gods aren't real, are tey?" she asks, though if vampires were real and she could shrivel and dissolve flesh with her mere presence, who could say what was real? "What would a god named Famine want wit me? Tat doesn't sound good. An' look, I wasn't doin' tis 'cause it was fun or what I wanted to do wit my life. Some of tis... cult I guess came after me, kept comin' after me, and I figured it wouldn't stop unless I made 'em stop. Tat was it. But askin' me ta be an assassin for a vampire nation? Tat's a lot to take in, even if I could believe everyting, which right now I'm having a very hard time doin'," she answers, firing off a rapid-fire string of questions at about the same rate Joanna was offering answers.

There's a short pause before she speaks again, asking one last question. "I suppose te important question is, what happens if I say no?"
Old 09-07-2019, 01:08 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wither
"We believe Famine wanted you to become essentially a demigod, to carry out his will on earth," Joanna replies. "And you need not be an assassin. The clean, immediate removal of all organic compounds has many applications, assassination is only the most exciting."

She tilts her head. "Whether you believe me or not, I am telling the truth." She pauses for a moment. "If you say no, then I will have Quentin take us to wherever you want to go -home, perhaps, or New York City, or Paris, it makes no difference. He and I will leave you with enough money for a week's food and shelter, then you will be left to your own devices in a world that will soon know there are others like you, and if you want to join us at a later date, you would have to make your way to us on your own."

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-07-2019 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:02 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
Natalia sighs and rubs her temples, this was the last thing she expected when she woke up this morning. Never mind that, this was the last thing she expected five minutes ago. It was so much, so fast, it was quickly becoming overwhelming, even for her. "Look, it's not tat I don't believe you, it's just... I'm sure it's perfectly normal to you, but for me, it's a lot to deal wit all of a sudden. What you are asking is more tan I can answer right now. I know my family won't want to relocate, I doubt I will eiter. But if I go wit you, will I get more answers to te questions I have? I tink tere are more tan can be answered here and now. And I tink tere are tings I just have to see wit my own eyes. And maybe ten home. Or Paris. Always wanted to go tere," she answers with a sigh, trying to find even a small amount of levity in this insane situation. Every instinct she had told her this was a bad idea to begin with, that she should cut and run, but there was something beyond even that telling her no.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:16 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wither
"Yes, there are more answers if you follow me," Joanna promises, lighting a match and setting fire to the symbol on the floor, which begins to burn rapidly. "Quentin is on his way, so you have five minutes to decide if you would like to come with me for now, or act as if this never happened."
Old 09-07-2019, 03:21 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
"Tere is no way I could ever pretend none of tis ever happened," Wither answers, which would seem to leave only one other option.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:45 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Wither
"Very well then."

Minutes pass, before the air crackles and a very sour-looking man in a red robe appears. He immediately asks a question of Joanna, and she replies with a vague gesture toward you, before switching to English. "Quentin, this is Wither. Wither, this is Quentin. He will be taking us to a safe house in Cairo."

Quentin clearly isn't pleased to be here, but he nods to you before spreading his hands and looking to Joanna.
"You may begin the incantation," she instructs, vaguely Latin words beginning to pour from Quentin's mouth as he makes several different signs with his hands.
Old 09-07-2019, 04:29 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
Oh great, so now magic is real too. What's next, are they going to tell her that Santa Claus is real too? This day gets stranger and stranger, and as soon as she thinks it couldn't get any more strange, it does. She's not even going to think about what waits in Cairo, something to top all of this, surely. Sitting back quietly she waits for Quentin to do whatever it is he's doing.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:00 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Wither
The air crackles around you as Quentin completes the spell. The cave disappears from around you, your limbs go numb, and you feel almost like you're being ripped apart.

The lights flicker as you reappear inside... a luxurious hotel room? Joanna doesn't seem surprised, swiping at a loose wisp of hair before looking to you. "Welcome to Cairo," she says simply, stepping over and pulling the curtains closed. "Nobody will bother us here. Please, sit down, make yourself comfortable. I'm afraid my superiors are most likely occupied, but there are several others I can think of who could answer your questions intelligently if you would rather speak to them than to myself or Quentin."