RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-09-2019, 05:07 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Wither
"I do not pray to him," Clarissa replies. "I know of only a few who claim to do so, and I don't believe there is anything resembling a conversation, much less priests -aside from the cultists you saw. Perhaps a few private altars in personal homes, but not in the main stream. Inka, his chosen champion, would be the expert."

Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:15 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"I suppose it is te nature of gods to never answer, no matter who tey are. So tis Inka, she would be te one who stole my job?" Natalia asks, though her tone is more of amusement than anger. Being the servant of a god was hardly the career choice Natalia had in mind, though at this point she's not sure what exactly she would be doing. Government work in vampire-land didn't really appeal to her though. "So where could I find her? If tis Famine wanted me, even if he changed his mind, I... need to know why. Wit te cult finally gone, I'm not sure what to do now. And I know you've made an offer, but, I still cannot say anyting right now. Too many questions, and I do not tink even you can answer tem," she says to the pair. The potential of talking with a god certainly wasn't on the list of things she expected when she woke up this morning, or five minutes ago.

Last edited by PalladiaMors; 09-10-2019 at 03:35 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:00 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Wither
"If you want to phrase it that way, yes, she stole your job," Robert replies. "I believe she is in a meeting with our king, council, and the champions of the other gods at the moment, somewhere in South America... I dare not interrupt for anything short of the apocalypse."

Old 09-10-2019, 03:38 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
That comment raises one of Natalia's eyebrows. "So 'other' champions? Of other gods? If tey all in one place, tat almost sounds like an apocalyptic matter on its own. If tey all avatars of gods, what sorta tings do tey even need to deal wit? I'm guessing tere are some out tere like me, wit abilities, and I'm sure not all of tem are as nice about it. Ironic, I know,' she says to cut off the inevitable comments regarding her powers being anything but nice. "But how much trouble can we really be? Or is tis someting else I don't want to know?" she asks, immediately regretting that she did.

"I would like to speak wit her when it's possible though, if it can be arranged. Like I said, you can't tell someone tey were te chosen of a god and ten just leave it at tat," she says in a quick attempt to change the subject.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:23 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wither
"No, no apocalypse," Robert assures. "And we will do our best; Inka is surprisingly amiable, from what I have heard and seen, so I expect you'll be able to meet with her sooner rather than later."
Old 09-10-2019, 11:36 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
"Tat's good to hear. I'm making no promises about what I'll do wit your offer, but it's not sometin I'm going to do witout a lot of consideration. You learn very quickly to look twice before you leap in my line of... work," Natalia answers, the last word spoken with some clear disdain. "I can say tat te odds of my family moving are about none. As I said, my mother is very devout, no offense, but she would never consider it in a million years. And my sister is... independent. I don't tink she would either. So I would need to hide, one way or te other. I'm not painting a target on tem," she is quick to stress. She's gone through far too much effort to stay hidden, she was going frantic trying to figure out the cultists figured it out but if an actual god told them, well, there isn't much she can do about that.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:42 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wither
Robert smiles toothily. "We're vampires, Wither," he replies. "Nobody in the world can challenge us on hiding people in plain sight. We will be the government; we could give you new papers, new records, a new name, new everything, without ever needing to see the old ones."
Old 09-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
"But it is not me I am worried about, nor is it you. You say tere are seven million of you? Tere are almost tat many living in Rio. And all it would take is one of tem making te right connection if I were to come public wit what I can do. I said I was a ghost, an urban legend. And I tink it best I keep it tat way, no matter what I do. A false identity can't erase a past, or people who may know someting about it. I cannot afford to be anyting less tan paranoid in tat regard, I am sure you understand te need to keep your true self hidden," Wither answers. Certainly they can understand, and she still isn't enthusiastic about the idea of joining them for anything. They're too big, their fingers too deep into things. She can't help but be reminded of some of the cartels back home, only with much nicer digs. Best to keep her distance and keep her independence, if that's even still an option.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:24 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wither
"We understand," Clarissa says with empathy. "I'll repeat that we can protect you and your family both, but we won't force you. I will do my best to arrange a meeting with Inka; if you can leave us a way to contact you, then we can have Quentin deliver you to wherever you like until it can be arranged."
Old 09-10-2019, 11:35 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
"As I said, my family would never move to your country, for differing reasons. I would like te meeting, yes, as it seems no other can tell me what it is I need to know," Natalia answers, pausing for a moment before rattling of a cell phone number. "It's a burner," she adds, though they most certainly could have assumed that. She pauses for a moment at the next part. The immediate thought is to return to Rio, but she can't help but think there might be good reasons not to. There's a bit of thought as she considers the possibility of apparently instant travel to anywhere in the world, no reason not to take advantage of it. "I have always wanted to visit Spain. And some other places, but tere I speak te language. Barcelona?" she asks, just assuming they have some sort of hidden location in pretty much every major city. Partly she wants to confirm it though.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:50 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wither
Clarissa looks to Robert. "Barcelona will work..." he says slowly. "I believe two thousand euros should see you through a week, but you would be responsible for arranging your own lodging, and your own travel back to Rio if Inka is unavailable before then. Acceptable?"

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-11-2019 at 01:32 AM.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:59 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
"Tat will be fine, tank you. I am quite used to getting by on my own, I would not worry too much about me. I look forward to hearing from her, ten," Natalia answers. To say she's used to getting by is a bit of an understatement, she's learned to become very self-sufficient in the past few months. It then occurs to her how nice a vacation would be, even if it was a working one.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:35 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wither
Robert nods. "Very well then; I shall retrieve Quentin." He stands and exits through the door he entered. Clarissa looks to you. "Of course, you understand that you cannot publicize what we have said today?" she questions. "Public perception will be crucial in these early years. Not that you have given cause to worry, but Robert and I could be in a lot of trouble, as could all vampires, all metahumans, if you convince some reporter that the gods are real and the vampires want to take over a corner of the world."
Old 09-11-2019, 01:41 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
"I have known about vampires for monts and never said a word, who would believe me? What would I have to gain by saying anyting other than attention on myself, which is te last ting I want? I have far better tings to do in Barcelona tan talk to reporters," Natalia assures her. Every bit of which is true.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:14 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wither
"We're glad you feel that way," Clarissa replies as the door opens to admit a harried Quentin, who barely nods at you before beginning to cast his rite again. Clarissa stands quickly. "Good fortune, Wither," she bids with a polite nod, before turning toward the door and exiting.