RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-13-2019, 06:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10646
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Sapphire is still smiling as she says, "Sounds like a date. But why don't we hit a hotel, get freshened up, get a nice dinner and go from there?"

Old 09-13-2019, 11:38 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Sapphire
"Mmkay. C'mon, let's get down to the street, I know JUST where to go!"

Inka leads you to a luxurious hotel, a single swipe of her black credit card landing you two suites side-by-side, connected by a door in the wall. She hops in the shower, and emerges in her old clothes but with her hair carefully brushed and pinned back. "Kay, now for some food!"

She treats you to a meal at CDLC, a nice Asian restaurant with decor to match. She orders sushi and several dry martinis, evidently enjoying both with gusto. She then takes you to an open-air concert at one of the local parks, the Spanish bands providing a lively atmosphere for the crowd, many dancing on their own terms. A rooftop walk overlooking the ocean later, you teleport back to your rooms and she gives you a gin-flavored kiss goodnight and a wink before returning to her room.

You're woken the next morning by the drawing back of the blinds by a cheerful Inka. "Morning!" she declares. "We gotta go meet this girl, 'member? Brunch is gonna be amazing!"

Wither
You're woken by the alarm clock in your room at 9:15am. Your meeting's in less than an hour, and you aren't even sure where this place is.
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:52 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
The rest of the evening isn't overly eventful, by design. Natalia spends some time at Shôko, has a few drinks, does some dancing. Just enough to continue the feeling of normalcy she's had for the latter half of the day, but it isn't long before the other events of the day catch up to her and it's back to the hotel. Reflection of those events, and questions she hopes to get some answers to in the morning, weigh on her mind until she manages to get to sleep. Fortunately it's soon enough for her to actually get a full night's sleep for the first time since she can't remember when, though it's as though her body rejects it, with a groggy feeling coming over her when she does manage to wake up. She can't blame the alcohol, but getting eight hours of sleep when you're used to five at best can be as much of a shock to the system as the opposite. The first thing she does it check the antiquated flip phone, then mutters in Portuguese as she realizes the scatterbrained vampire from the night before forgot to leave directions like she said she would. But at least she's in a hotel, and odds were good they'd know downstairs. Throwing some clothes on she heads down to the front desk asking where this Einxampling was. Hopefully not too far away.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Sapphire enjoyed herself during the evening, just being herself without pretense and expectations.
She wasn't sure if things were going anywhere really with Inka.
She didn't fake liking Sushi, truthfully saying she didn't like it, but eating other kinds of seafood, from crab, to kalamari, Salmon, Mahi Mahi, and the like. She hated Lobster.
She tended to like seafood sparsely flavored, preferring lemon, perhaps some dill, rosemary, or even a slight bit of light melted butter.
This seemed a bit like dull conversation or near useless information, but it was something few people ever got from the short curvy girl from the ozarks with auburn lockes; personal insight.
She laughed about things genuinely, and asked Inka some things about her past, like what eras she had lived thorugh seemed the most peaceful, or enjoyable , or the least hectic.

That evening, she decided to not force anything, if there was anything to follow that kiss she had given earlier.
The kiss, changed that.
Inka got something, again, few did; an honest blush from Sapphire and a simple, "Nite" with a smile. She then went right to bed, and slept the sleep of the content.

In the morning she threw the covers over her head to keep out the invading daylight, and spoke with a muffled voice from under said covers.
"You're a morning person, arent' you? If I pull back these covers, there better be coffee or you're gonna see my fangs."

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 09-14-2019 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:55 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Sapphire
"Rawr!" Inka teases. "And a-duh I'm a morning person! I'm a night person too, and a day person, and an evening person, so I had to complete the set!"

She disappears for a moment, then reappears with a tray of steaming coffee and a small aluminum pitcher of creamer. "Couldn't get any sugar, had to leave a tip big enough to cover the tray AND the coffee AND scaring the bejeezus out of that poor waitress," she explains. "C'mon and drink up, we gotta get moving or we're gonna be late, and what kinda impression is that for two teleporters?"

Wither
Thankfully, Jean-Martin seems to be anywhere but here as you approach the concierge's desk. "//How may I help you today, miss?//" the middle-aged woman asks, sitting up straight with a helpful smile as you approach, apparently glad for something to do.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:59 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"Hi, I'm looking for a place called Einxampling? I tink?" Natalia answers with a smile. It's a strange name, hopefully one that will stand out. She could always just call back but would rather keep that as a last resort. She suddenly regrets having a cheap throwaway phone that can't look such things up, but such is the sacrifice for anonymity.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:10 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wither
The woman blinks for a moment, before switching to English. "Oh, yes, Eixampeling," she agrees after a moment. "It is in... well, it is in Eixample." She takes a notecard and writes out the address before handing it to you. "It is very popular, so going there without a reserevation, you may have a long wait in line," she explains apologetically. "It is down this road, turn left on the main street, go down five blocks, turn right, and turn left at the first street. The line should be on the sidewalk if you go before evening."
Old 09-14-2019, 10:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sapphire fixes her a cup of coffee, and drinks is as she dresses quickly, having taken a shower the night before. She does freshen up and wash her face. Her hair is brushed out and put in a simple ponytail.
She's got on a sundress in a light blue shade, her boots, and round stylish straw hat with a sunflower on it.
She tops it off with some matching nice sunglasses.

"Ready", she says as she drains the last of her cup of coffee.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:49 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Sapphire
"Walk or 'port?" Inka asks, pausing at the door in her tank top, cargo pants, and boots. "We've got a LITTLE time and it's a nice day, but also if we 'port we could just show up on the roof and not have to wade through the line for reservations."
Old 09-14-2019, 11:03 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
"//Oh, tank you. I am meeting someone, tey'll have a reservation//," Natalia answers the clerk, taking the notecard with a smile. I hope she thinks to herself before heading out. In sharp contrast to the black paramilitary look from the day before she's dressed in a pair of denim shorts, sandals, and a loose-fitting flowery shirt tied over a black bikini top, just the right mix of casual and beachwear. And distinctive enough that she can describe it over the phone if need be, it occurred to her she had no idea who she was looking for and the others might not either. There's not a lot of time to get there, but at least she's no stranger to getting around in a busy city. The basics are the same no matter where you go, it's only the details that change. Being able to spot crowds, know when to slip to the other side of the street to avoid them, spot a shortcut, and all while moving quickly and not running into someone are skills anyone who's lived their life in a big city will learn, let alone someone who's used to looking for trouble beyond even that. Once she gets there she stuffs the notecard in the back pocket of her shorts and gets the attention of the hostess, offering a simple "//Reservation for Shimazaki//," and hoping for the best.

OOCOops, forgot the slash marks last time...
Old 09-14-2019, 11:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sapphire takes a second and gets quizical look on her face and then answers, "Is the line forming?Or will there be a line no matter when we show up?
I ask because if there's a line no matter what, then why not walk and port?"
Old 09-14-2019, 11:23 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Sapphire
"Good idea!" Inka pronounces, not giving it a second thought as she heads out the door. "Let's go!"

Wither
The hostess flips through a pad and smiles. "//They are just this way,//" she explains, stepping aside to allow you past the grumbling crowd before leading you back, another stepping back to fill her place.

Sapphire
It's a nice day for a walk, especially in the company of a carefree vampire experienced with the city. She wasn't kidding about the line, but a duck into the alley, a teleport up, and a few nimble hops to the back of the roof and down into the upper floor brings you right past them. Inka looks around for a moment, gathering her bearings before nodding. "Mmkay, so let's go downstairs and let the restaurant know we're here, and then we'll go wait out on the patio."

She heads off to do exactly that.
The patio is rather heavily populated, the lively chatter of happy people dining on good food providing background noise as Inka sits down at a table in the very corner, reaching for a plum from the bowl of fruit and producing a knife from her pocket to cut slices off as you wait.

right-aligned image
Wither
The hostess leads you back to the patio, and motions toward the side table. There sit two women; one appears East Asian, her black hair cut bob-short with a silvery piercing through the center of her nose, patterned tattoo sleeves running from her wrists up her muscular arms to the shoulder. She's dressed fairly casually, a rumpled black tank top and cargo pants matching combat boots as she leans comfortably back in her chair, slicing pieces of plum with a short pocketknife and proffering some to her companion as she chews. Her companion is almost entirely different; a short, well-proportioned white woman with long brown hair covered by a sunflower-adorned sun hat, nice sunglasses, a pristine periwinkle sundress, snapping blue eyes, and leather cowboy boots, not a tattoo in sight.

The first one glances at you for the corner of her eye, and waves for you to come over to the empty chair. "Hiii!" she greets cheerfully, setting knife and fruit both on the table and springing to her feet, extending the less-juiced of her two hands. "I'm Inka!"
Old 09-15-2019, 01:47 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
Oh good, she did make a reservation. Standing around in line forever wasn't something to look forward to. Weaving through the crowd to the back it doesn't take long for her to pick out who she's here to meet, Inka's enthusiastic greeting sealing the deal. The woman approaching the table is a little taller than average, but not unusually so - about half a foot taller than C.C., give or take. Her blonde hair hangs about halfway down her back and shows signs of some bleaching from the sun, with an all-over tan completing the look of someone who's no stranger to the outdoors. She's in shape, that much is certain, as her well-toned arms, legs, and bare midriff will attestm but still manages curves in the right places. It would seem some of the stereotypes about her home country have some truth, at least in her case. She meanders her way over to Inka and C.C's table, not carrying anything with her, or at least nothing that won't fit in a pocket. She takes Inka's hand but pauses when she introduces herself, trying to decide what she's going to say. "Natalia," she answers after too long a delay. If Inka really was talking to a god there seemed little point in keeping her name a secret, judging my the events of the past few months he already knew everything about her anyway. Not a comfortable thought, all things considered. She holds a hand out for C.C. as well as she pulls a chair over and has a seat, wondering if the vampiress had anything to tell her before she just started in with the third degree, or brunch, whichever.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:02 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Sapphire and Wither
Inka sits back down and pores over the menu. "Kay Natalia, order quick or else the food won't get here soon," she instructs. "And I'm buying so order up!"

She smiles and taps her finger on it. "I'm feeling kinda Middle Eastern-y, so Imma get the Jerusaleggs and some green tea." She looks up from the menu. "You have fun at the club last night?" she queries, cocking her head to the side. "We had a great time out and about."

OoC: I wish I were inventing the name 'Jerusal-Eggs'. But I'm not.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:21 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
"Food before business? I will not argue wit tat," Natalia answers with a smirk, picking up the menu and having a look at it. There's an inner groan as she reads the items off, even in Spain such pun-based menus are unavoidable it seems. Make food out of famous Americans, tourists love it, even if it's horrible. Well, the names are horrible. The food looks pretty good. "You know, I can eat whatever I want witout worrying about it, and yet I hardly ever eat much. Hardly seems fair, no? Or am I talking to te wrong person?" she asks, having no idea if that's something a vampire can even relate to. Not sure if she really wants to know, for that matter. "I kind of want te Quack Efron but I don't tink I can bring myself to actually say it. Maybe I just pretend not to speak Spanish and point at it?" she asks, wrinkling her nose at the idea of repeating such a terrible pun. "Anyone want appetizers?" she quickly adds, looking between Inka and C.C. Somehow this suddenly seemed very surreal in light of the things she wanted to talk about. Just a casual chat about gods and vampires taking over countries over brunch, you know, no big.

"And I had eh... a time. Wasn't much into it, was very tired and had lots on my mind. Just wanted to be a person for a while, you know? At least I hope you do. Had more fun relaxing on te beach and going for a swim to be honest, will probably do more of tat when we're done here, unless someting world-shattering comes up," she continues, answering the question about the club. The bit about something world-shattering might seem facetious but there's an underlying question of will something world-shattering come up? She really has no idea right now but at this moment, anything is possible.