RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-15-2019, 01:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10646
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Sapphire goes along, not nervous at all and appearing totally at ease with her surroundings - like she belonged.

She stands to shake Natalia's hand. "Hi. I'm C.C. We work together, officially. My boss's name is Loki. Yes, that one."

She orders a fruit plate, a single serving of whatever meat is on the menu, and another coffee with a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice.

<<Figured she would know that Inka is presenting herself as who she is as well, so threw that in.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 09-15-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:44 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Wither and Sapphire
"Cee-Cee's not a vampire," Inka volunteers. "Didn't wanna be ganging up on you an' all, since you'd been having a hard time with 'em lately." She sips her water and looks over the menu again. "Yeah, Jerusaleggs for sure... and this Argentina thing looks good for an appetizer." She waves over the server and orders are taken.

Once the server is left, Inka glances at C.C., cocks her head to the side and looks Natalia up and down. "So what'd they tell you?" she queries. "'Bout me and Kami-Sama and how all that happened?"
Do no harm, take no guff.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-15-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:48 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"Loki? Like te Norse god?" Natalia asks, eyebrow raised in curiosity. Things just got weirder and weirder. "So are all te gods of mytology real? Zeus, Anubis, Tlāloc? Are tey walking around as one of us too?" she asks, apparently out of the loop as to how the gods actually work, though it's not an unreasonable assumption. The assurance that C.C. wasn't a vampire was some relief at least, there was a sense of being outnumbered for a moment. It's not entirely gone, but at least lessened somewhat.

"Kami-Sama?" she asks, though a quick confirmation sets the nomenclature right. "Tey did not tell me much. Only tat eh... Kami-Sama had chosen me to be his avatar and some vampire cultists - Joanna called tem zealots and extremists - wanted to capture me to present to your ruling council, so I assume. But when vampires come for you in te middle of te night, when you did not know tey were real, and say noting other tan tey want to take you to teir master, you eh... don't cooperate. And I fought back harder tan tey figured I would. I've spent te last several months tracking tem down, it was te only way tey would leave me alone, and found te leader just yesterday at te same time Joanna did. Ten she... spilled te beans," Natalia explains. A wild story to be sure, but certainly understandable to one in the know. "Sometime between when tis mess started and now te ruling council made you Kami-Sama's avatar instead of me. And tat's about all I know," she offers with a shrug. There were a few minor details about background information she was given, but either they aren't that important or she's sure Inka knows anyway.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:28 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Wither and Sapphire
"Obvee not ALL of them," Inka replies patronizingly. "Only twelve. Plus Kali, and sorta Pan? And maybe the Christians' god."

She listens closely and nods. "The Council didn't MAKE me Kami-Sama's avatar," she replies, leaning back in her chair. "I just got to be in the line when we all went in cause I was strong to start. They all got kicked out, and he picked me!" She takes her newly arrived tea and sips it. "Sooo, what'd you want to talk about?" she asks conversationally. "Cause I'm not giving up my spot for like, a WHILE, so you can't have it."
Old 09-15-2019, 05:54 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"Don't worry, I don't want it," Natalia is quick to clarify, about as true a statement as she could make on the matter. Though there are a few things bothering her, things she's hoping Inka can settle for her, if she can figure out how to ask them. "But... tis time yesterday all I knew was tat I had power, I suspected other people in te world did too, and tat vampires were crazed psychos who wanted to drag me off to teir master. And now I know tere's seven million vampires in te world, only some of tem are crazed psychos, tere are gods, and magic, and I was some sort of chosen one, and... it's a lot to take in," she sighs before things get carried away. There's a moment of saying nothing while she sorts her thoughts, drumming her fingers on the table and taking a sip from her water. "I guess I'll start wit te big ones - why did he pick me? I mean thematic powers aside, tere has to be more to it tan that, right? And why did he change his mind? Was it because I kept killing his messengers? Because um... his messengers were kind of crap at tat whole message ting," she says, suddenly questioning the wisdom of insulting a god's messengers, even if they were zealous psychos. But what's done is done.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:02 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wither and Sapphire
"The Lord works in mysterious ways," Inka replies solemnly, with all the intonation of a Midwestern housewife. The vampiress cracks a smile and giggles. "Seriously though, I dunno really. I'd've guessed cause you were strong-willed, cause you went after the whole shebang instead've just running and running. Or maybe Seth thinks you're hawt. Or Kami-Sama threw a seven-billion sided dice. 'Fraid I'm not in on THAT loop; could ask, dunno if he'd answer."
Old 09-15-2019, 06:40 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
"Who's Seth?" she asks, a rather particular thing to focus on from all of that but it was the most "normal" of all of it, perhaps that's what drew her attention. "And I'd... like to know. I know tat whole everyting happens for a reason bit but how often do you get te chance to ask te reason? And some closure would be nice if for no reason tan... well.. now what? I had to put my whole life on hold to deal wit all of tat, and now tat it's all behind me and I can go back to having a normal life... I have te feeling a normal life isn't for me. Maybe I always knew. Te vampires offered to take me in to teir new country, give me a job using my... abilities, but tere's all kinds of reasons I'm not going to do tat. And don't like te growing feeling I have tat I'm not going to have much choice," she says ominously, having some thoughts on the matter she's not really up to sharing at the moment.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:08 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wither and Sapphire
"Oh, Seth had my job AGES ago," Inka dismisses. "Like, ages before I was even born. But he's still up there with Kami-Sama and I bet it gets lonely. He's pretty good-looking too, as guys go."

She blinks, then smiles toothily and scarfs down an egg. "Then come back with ush, shilly!" she invites. "We've got a secret base with, like, what? Twenty, thirty people?" she asks, looking to Sapphire. "Twelve of us and a buncha people in a tough spot like you. Way out in the middle of nowhere, but it's got like, everything. Even a nature park where you can see hippos and even like phoenixes sometimes... and of course food, and TVs and rooms and nobody's ever gonna find it 'less we want them to!"
Old 09-15-2019, 10:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10646
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Sapphire remained quiet, and only nodded with a smile when Natalia asked if she meant "THE" Loki.
She ate slow and ladylike, taking her time. She sipped her juice the same way.
She was leaning back in her chair comfortably sipping her coffee as she held the cup and listening.
She let Inka do all the talking because this was her thing and because she wanted to hear what Inka was saying. It revealed more about the new Arbiter among the Champions, to C.C. at least.

Looking over her coffee cup and under the brim of her hat, she said to Natalia, "Normal is overrated. Even before the innate abilities I have showed themselves, I felt the same as you, that a normal life wasn't for me.

So, at least come with us to our home, our base. You have mentioned all these things you didn't know even existed, and now you do. With but a thought, I can move you, me, and Inka across the world, to America, China, Australia, wherever in seconds.
I can cut through metal as if it is paper with my finger."

She sparks up Blue's cutter from her index finger, for only a few seconds, keeping it close to her chest.

"That's just for starters. And I'm not considered one of the powerful ones at all, not by a long shot, of all of us at our Base. You've nothing to fear from us.
That said... If you come with us, imagine what you'll know tomorrow."
Old 09-16-2019, 02:16 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
Sure enough, things can in fact get stranger, Natalia just staring with a blank expression at the offer as she pokes at her duck and orange sauce. While good, she can't say that she's paying very much attention to it at the moment. Lots of other things on her mind. "Wait, secret base? Us? You have all of tat, but why?" she asks. There wasn't a whole lot of context, other than gods are real and have people that work for them, and the big picture was eluding her. That can happen when you've been so overwhelmed in such a short time frame. "I don't know how much I really want to know. I've had tese powers for years, never knew why. Never really stopped to tink about it. Never wanted tem either," she says with a sigh as C.C. puts on a brief display of her own abilities.

Reaching towards the centerpiece Natalia takes one of the flowers and holds it in her fingers. She slowly twirls it back and forth for a few moments before the flower begins to wilt and shrivel. Decay that would normally take a week's worth of lack of food and water takes but a second. Another and the flower is reduced to a brittle, withered stem and dead leaves. A second more and there's just dust, dust that itself dissipates into nothingness as she flicks it off to the side of the table. "I can do te same to a vampire, or anoter person. And don't even have to touch them - I could have most everyone in tis place convulsing on the floor, too weak to stand, going through a month's worth of starvation in seconds until teir hearts lacked te strength to beat anymore. Are you sure tat's someting you want hanging around? And I hope you understand why it's not someting I want hanging around wit te vampires, no offense," she says with a nod towards Inka. She didn't seem to be like the others she's met, and didn't seem to take orders from them, but you never know.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:10 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wither and Sapphire
Inka watches intently as the flower crumbles, her right hand snaking out to grab another flower. She holds it by the stem. "Watch," she instructs, holding her left hand straight out. A blink, and the flower's now sitting in her left hand, right fist still closed around midair. This happens a few more times, the flower moving from open left palm to closed right hand with nary a movement on Inka's part. Left, right, left, right, and then it disappears, reappearing in the centerpeice. A second passes before the petals fall, the center step turned to ash.

She smiles. "So I get it," she promises. "And yeah, I get why people think they're creepy, plus they're sorta... army-like."

The smile turns to a grin as she thinks and leans over the table. "Let's see... we've got a woman who can make bombs out of anything she touches, a half-demon who can teleport but is actually the sweetest thing, a guy who can turn into a thirty foot carnivore AND lose the ability to control it, two sorta-giants, an assassin and a sniper, two super-breath-monks, a grandfather and a mom, the literal inspiration for the Hindu goddess of destruction, and a little girl whose million closest friends live in her head. Oh, and the Medusa, and a living suit of armor from like, Constantinople who used to live in the literal pit of hell." She winks and leans back. "You'll fit RIGHT in! And all that's even before the twelve of us who ACTUALLY live there, those're just the ones we picked up along the way!"
Old 09-16-2019, 01:40 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
Natalia watches Inka's display with some interest. Probably not s surprising thing for a chosen vampire of Famine to be able to do, but she can't help but wonder about the scale. She also wonders for a moment if Famine was the one who granted her powers to begin with, another thing she suddenly feels a need to know. "It's not tat they're creepy, no more tan many humans I've known," she begins, pausing for a resigned sigh and some of her food before she continues. "I was born and raised in Rio. I have seen many gangs and cartels - small ones, large ones. I have seen te corruption, buying whomever tey want, erasing te ones who get in te way, making subtle threats wit a smile on their face for te people useful to tem. Until tey are no longer useful, then tey have teir throat slit and are dumped in a river. Very generous wit their money, but if you take even a single real from tem, you are as good as dead. And tese vampires are far, far too familiar for my comfort," she says to Inka and C.C. as well, hoping for the latter's input. It seemed despite Inka being a vampire she wasn't part of the cartel, Natalia had to hope whatever god squad she was a part of was above that somehow.

"Somehow te description of all of tose people does not make me feel better," she admits. She was used to being the biggest dog in the room, having that not be the case couldn't help but make her a bit uneasy. "And why? Is it some superhuman asylum program? Witness protection for people who aren't... normal? I... would not want to sit on a couch, watch TV, and pet hippos. I will not lie, I hate tese powers I have. All tey do is cause misery and death, but..." she says with a sigh, pausing again to collect her thoughts before speaking again. It clearly wasn't an admission she enjoyed making, and really wishes she couldn't make it so easily, but experience and circumstances have shown her a dark and unpleasant reality. "Some people deserve to die. Need to die. Spend your life around crime and corruption, watch te people you love taken from you, see te ones responsible shield temselves from any consequences and do it again and again and again, and you will understand. I'm guessing you do. Stalking te streets and ridding te world of people like tis isn't what I wanted to do wit my life. And probably doesn't even help much. But it helps someone. If killing a pusher gives someone who made a mistake te chance to turn it around out from under a cartel's thumb, it may not be much in te grand scheme of tings, but to tat one person, it's everyting. It might not matter much in te world of politics and vampires taking over countries to drive te business end of a sword through a skinner's chest and take te little girl on his yacht back to her family, but to tem, nothing matters more," she continues, trying her best to keep her voice down although it's clear emotion is taking some hold of her. There's a definite sense that she's not just speaking hypothetically either, but from experience. "Does tat make sense to you?"

Last edited by PalladiaMors; 09-16-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:00 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Sapphire and Wither
Inka chews thoughtfully. "Makes sense, but you could do a lot more good with a team," she offers. "And nobody at the base is BAD. Just had a rough life, is all. The bad ones we thrash and leave on the street with a warning." She shakes her head. "They're just people who needed a spot to lay low and wanted to give us a hand after we gave them a hand," she admits frankly. "Most of 'em we give new papers and a wadda cash before letting them pick what country they want to live in. But the ones that stayed would be happy to help ya, I bet, and we've got so many teleporters now that we can live there and work wherever we want. John's just a hunka metal, I bet your powers wouldn't even make him flinch. Maybe Anya and Iosef too, they have some sort of magic life-force golemy thing keeping them going, and Daisy lives off eating metal."
Old 09-16-2019, 07:16 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
"I get tey're not bad, but eh... I suppose I have an inherent distrust of powerful people. Ironic, I know. But when you've seen so much of tat power abused, it is a difficult ting to overcome," Natalia admits. A distrust of authority and powerful people has been drilled into her from a very early age, given that so few, if any, have ever really proven otherwise. From her miserable excuse for a father, to false friends, to the corrupt and inept police, it's never been an easy time. It would be nice to change that, but she can't help but be skeptical. "One of te vampires said tese gods were to protect te world. From what? I assume someting more tan just pimps and pushers, but are aliens real or someting too? " she asks. The idea of a large group of super-powered people banding together couldn't help but make her think of what they'd be protecting the world from.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:52 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wither and Sapphire
Inka snickers. "No," she assures. "Aliens aren't real. Only angels and demons, duh. The Arbiters keep them from wiping each other out on top've Earth. So for us, a lot of what we do is keeping them from getting out of hand; and then there's the thing with the vamps, where we're trying to make sure that doesn't blow up, and then we gotta make sure the Fae turn out okay -omigod I forgot to mention Oberon! he lives with us too- and then we took down the Company cause they were rounding up metas and doing screwy magic experiments that could've accidentally ended the world... yeah. That sorta thing."