RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 11:11 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5677
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
19-A: Draculus Vult

right-aligned image
Wraith, Enoch, Kodama, and Sapphire
You're all gathered in Petran's realm, most of you dressed in either armor or nice-ish clothes. Azath is back in his gilt-edged white shendyt with a similarly colored -though more modern- jacket. Oberon is wearing his usual dress attire and his antler-branch crown, Fathom her armor, Epirus and Gunther a polo and trousers, Orrin a dress shirt and slacks, Kringle his old red armor buffed to a shine, Inka her usual black tank top, cargo pants, and boots. Kali has put her bespoke armored suit back on, and Rham continues to be a nudist, though it's understandable in his case, while his alter egos bear their usual garb. The vampires have communicated their desired meeting spot: a mansion in Bogota, Colombia.

Everyone seems to be ready, and Orrin opens the portal at a nod from Petran before biting the bullet and stepping through.

Those that follow emerge into a courtyard with a fountain, the mansion surrounding; almost immediately, new fewer than ten vampire guards step from the shadows, the sharp-eyed recognizing Evangeline, Hasan, and Ignatz among them. They aren't armed with weapons, but most are masked, and a general tension pervades the air before Dzu appears at the door. "Lord Dracula begs that you come in," he says dryly, clear in his voice that Dracula no more begged than made his own requests. "Refreshments will be provided as desired."

'Ooohhh, maybe this wasn't a good idea,' Kali worries, clasping Enoch's hand and looking around the courtyard, many of the vampires' attentions fixed on her.
Do no harm, take no guff.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-07-2019 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:19 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Allons-y!" Wraith said, fruit basket in hand. He walks into the room to meet Dracula. I honestly don't know what to expect.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:29 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Just pretend it's me staring at you. Enoch has worn a suit so as to be a match for Kali, dark blue shirt and black tie with actual dress shoes. He smiles as he looks around the courtyard. You know, if we didn't have three luxury homes already I might be overly impressed by our surroundings. His smile widens briefly, but his face falls somewhat as Wraith heads in first. He acknowledges he's not the most diplomatic person yet he always inists on going first.

Enoch nods to Dzu, holding Kali's hand as they follow the diminutive champion. Thank you.

Last edited by gravenimages; 09-07-2019 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:31 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Kodama looks more or less as she did hours earlier in the day, though her t-shirt is now covered by a simple charcoal hoodie and she wears a thigh holster where her special dagger is sheathed.

Leading up to this particular event, she has become more and more withdrawn. Increasingly stone-faced. Over her worry and anxiety Kodama has placed a shield of apparent ambivalence and armor of unfounded certainty that Dracula is too intelligent to make a move against them. She wore these defences for everyone. Even for Enoch, even for Gunther. She just couldn't let them down for a second. Not until certain fears of hers were assuaged.

When she sees the vampires appear from the shadows, all it elicits is the raise of an eyebrow. Of course he'd have guards everywhere. He fears us and he should. That's all Kodama allows herself to think as she follows the procession along into the den of the Vampire King, keeping herself emotionally numb.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:16 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
right-aligned image
Gunther idly thumbs the handle of his hammer as he looks around, before looking down at Kody for just a moment and back toward the door.

Walking inside, there's a short hallway; Marcel stands inside, dressed to the nines in a bespoke suit of his own, though somewhat gaudied with a gilded handkerchief and bead lapel pin. He smiles genuinely as you enter. "Welcome, all! Please, Lord Dracula is waiting for you inside that room." He extends his arm toward a set of double doors.

Entering, you see a surprisingly well-lit conference room, a large rounded table one of the most noticeable features... second only to the seven-foot-tall shirtless predator in an oversized, armored, ornamented red jacket standing behind one of the chairs at the head of the table.. There's no hint of a smile on his face as pale yellow irises track the entrance of everyone in the room, his head held high and straight black hair framing his face.

Dracula is flanked on his right by Ciarda in a severe black dress, to his left by Dzu in a crisply tailored black uniform. To Dzu's left stands a similarly uniformed Zdravko, the bearded man catching Enoch's eye with a slight nod. To Zdravko's left stands Sibylle Meier, the Council's chief assassin in a uniform similar to Dzu's, but unornamented. The seat beside Sibylle is empty, but to Ciarda's right stands not Ichabod, but a grinning Yeomra, then a gaunt-as-ever Ichabod, standing with proper posture for perhaps the first time. He's adjacent to a very prim Isadora, then a young man who could only be Nicu. Marcel steps in to Nicu's right, then finally Amaris.

The doors swing closed. Cord steps toward the seat beside Amaris, Rham beside Sibylle, and the rest of the seats shuffle down in a series of awkward looks. No other vampires are present, and there are exactly 25 seats. Oberon has the seat nearest the door and directly opposite Dracula, perhaps by accident, perhaps not. The Fae King takes his seat first, followed by Fathom, then Dracula, then the vampires and champions essentially at random. Most of the vampires sit very stiffly, with the exception of Yeomra and Marcel, who sit at ease, Sibylle, who has leaned back in her chair and crossed her legs with an affected air, and Dracula himself, who rests his elbows on the table and steeples his fingers. As solemnly predatory as he looks, he's clearly spent a large part of the intervening hours making it LOOK like he didn't just crawl out of a coffin; his skin is light, but without corpselike pallor, hair long but unmatted, eyes cold but not sunken.

"Thank you for agreeing to meet with us," he says at last. "For those of you whom I have not yet met, I am Dracula, the king. The others you see here are my Council."
"My name is Ciarda Ganeva," Ciarda says, as if there's a single person in the room ignorant of that. "Head of the Council, Minister of Magic and Phenomena."
"I am Dzu Boldyr, Minister of Military and Grand Marshal."
"Zdravko Jovic, Minister of Education and Advancement."
"Sibylle Meier, Director of Intelligence."
"Yeomra Ryuk, Minister of Commerce and Urban Development."
"Ichabod Shimura, Minister of Justice and Labor."
"Isadora Ivrea, Minister of Transportation and Distribution."
"Nicu Hofstedtler, Minister of Public Services and Internal Affairs."
"Marcel Beauchene, Minister of International Services, chief ambassador of the vampire nation."
"Amaris Van de Draak, Minister of Finance and Commerce."

"And I'm Rham, disruptor of the natural order and Champion of Death," the least corporeal member of the Champions adds after a moment's pause.
OoC: Seating goes
Ciarda Dracula Dzu
Yeomra   Zdravko
Ichabod   Sibylle
Isadora   Rham
Nicu   Wraith
Marcel   Epirus
Amaris   Azath
Cord   Sapphire
Kodama   Inka
Gunther   Orrin
 FathomOberonEnochKali

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-08-2019 at 12:21 AM.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:42 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Wraith, demigod, champion of War. Bringer of the fruit basket. This is for you, Lord Dracula. Everybody loves a fruit basket." Wraith ports over to Dracula's table, places the fruit basket there, then ports back to his seat.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:36 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Enoch nods in familiarity to Marcel, offering a fistbump on the way by. He stares frankly at Dracula for several moments, given pause before moving to the foot of the table. He sees Kali seated first, then take his own seat next to Oberon. He takes note of the vampires present, nodding in reply to Zdravko's slight acknowledgement.

The vampires introduce themselves with governmental titles, not unexpectedly. He strives to make a mental note of name and title for each. Enoch strives to remain impassive as Wraith delivers his gift and makes his introduction. Want me to introduce you? Just as my wife?
Old 09-08-2019, 02:21 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Dracula eyes the basket for a moment, before Dzu reaches forward and removes it from the table. "I see," the vampire king replies. "In that case, I thank you, Wraith."

"I'm Epirus, champion of Vulcan."
"Kringle, champion o' Boreas."
"Ah, yes. I knew your predecessor."
"Aye, an' 'e remembers y', Dracula."
"Azath, champion of Lady Athena."
"Yes, I remember you as well."
"I'm Inka, champion of the god Famine!"
"Yes, Isadora has informed me of what passed."

'Um... yes, I guess,' Kali decides, squeezing your hand affectionately.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:44 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
"You are welcome. I recommend the papaya." Wraith said to the vampire overlord. I think that went okay. Unless it didn't. Still at least he was polite about it. Quiet, probably assessing us. Wonder what his impressions of us are? Early doors yet.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:44 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Enoch keeps Kali's hand, offers the ghost of a smile to her before his own introduction. Enoch, Champion of Plague. My wife, Kali. He keeps it simple as the others have.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10646
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Sapphire, after seeing what Inka was wearing, decided to just go casual with jeans, her cowboy boots, and worn in and bent down at both front and back Straw cowboy hat. Her top is a simply gray t-shirt most have seen before that has a faded outline of the Republic of Texas with Davy Crockett superimposed to one side along with the Caption, "You may all go to hell, but I will go to texas."

She is sitting with her chair back a bit from the table, her right leg crossed over her left knee, chair leaning back.
She looks around the room, her full blown
Dice Deception:
1d20+14 (8)+14 Total = 22
poker face in play. She doesn't nod or address anyone. When it comes to her she simply says, "I"m Sapphire, Champion of Loki." Nothing more, nothing less.

She wasn't sure if anyone in the room could see she was just being cool and calm intentionally, but she didn't care really. She had only given her nickname, but she was sure that all present here on the Vampire side knew her full story most likely.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 09-08-2019 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:47 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Dracula looks sharply from Enoch to Kali to Wraith, then back to Kali, apparently seeing if there's some coordinated effort to make game of him. Whatever decision he reaches, he nods slowly. "Your legends precede you, Kali. And Enoch, I believe that I have you to thank for much of what has been done for my people."

"I'm Orrin, champion of Petran and the last Golem."
"Then it is my pleasure to meet another kind's remaining patriarch."
Orrin tactically forgets to mention his grandfather, but Fathom soon speaks up. "I'm Fathom, champion of Poseidon and consort to King Oberon."
"I am Oberon, King of the Fae and consort to Fathom," Oberon states, maintaining a fantastic facade of great dignity.
"You are welcome at this meeting, Fae King Oberon," the Dragon replies, meeting the Stag's eyes. "You are a trusted ally of the vampires; I will take any attack upon you as I would upon myself, any attack upon your people as if it were on mine."
"I appreciate your integrity in this matter; my people will see to it that yours do not go hungry, so far as it is in my power."
Gunther coughs awkwardly after the speechifying is done. "I am Gunther," he says just a touch too loudly, setting his hammer on the table with a heavy thud and letting it rest as he leans back in his chair. "Champion of the Storm God Thor."
Old 09-09-2019, 01:14 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Enoch's brows knit in slight confusion at the King's pointed gaze. His acknowledgment of Kali first showed well enough where Dracula's thoughts were at... Which made perfect sense for a person in the vampire's position.

The statement about the young doctor's contribution put him on more solid mental footing. He tilts his head slightly in acceptance of the thanks, schooling his expression. He might be trading on that goodwill soon enough.

Last edited by gravenimages; 09-09-2019 at 02:06 AM.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:19 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
The scene that they all came upon for the big handshake session was more modern and more well-lit than she would have expected. Dracula was in a way everything she expected. Tall, imposing, muscular and dressed in a way that bespoke of someone whose fashion sense was never critiqued ever. Though even she had to begrudgingly admit it was a good look.

The only thing that dented her facade of calm was the way that Rham spoke up so soon after the Vampire ministers rattled off their new fancy titles. The word 'and' echoed in her mind a few times. Did that mean HE was on the council? No. NO. No... he would have told us that was the case. He would have.

Most people kept things brief, but Kodama appreciated a few of the minor details. Dracula's exchange with Oberon was certainly reassuring, and she enjoyed the way Gunther dropped the hammer down. In a perfect world, she would have hoped that Oberon would've relied on her to defend the Fae instead of the vampires. But it's not a perfect world. She's a teenager and not even she can be everywhere.

"I am Kodama, Champion of Ferocus." She says, despite the numerous titles she'd come up with for herself Dracula didn't really seem like the type of person to use them on. Kodama looks Dracula in the eye when she announces herself and a gives the Vampire King a small nod.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:13 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
"I recall Ireonth; I hope he is well," Dracula replies in acknowledgment of Kodama.He looks around the table before continuing. "On to the first order of business. These ten hold my trust; they will serve as the core of the vampire government in this interim period. Solomon has been executed for crimes against the vampire state; it is the first time it has been necessary for me to execute a Council member, and I believe it shall be the last."

He leaves it at that before moving on. "Secondly, Inka. You and Nosferatu alone could contest my right to rule; I am as certain that Nosferatu has no desire to do so as I am uncertain about your own. As the chosen representative of our creator, your input is valuable to me; I have respect for you, and for your god Famine, but I will not look kindly toward attempts to usurp my throne. If you wish to make a difference, I ask that you first present it to myself, or to this Council, and we will consider it earnestly."

"Gotcha gotcha," Inka replies with a nod. "Don't worry though, I'm not gonna try to uslurp anything 'less Kami-sama tells me to, and there's a BUNCHA steps I'm supposed to take before that; s'not gonna be a surprise if it happens."

"How reassuring," Dracula says dryly. "Now, I am certain that many of you are asking yourselves what we plan to do. We will establish our nation in stead of South Africa; the process is in motion, the government will dissolve, the army will fracture, their allies will step aside, the UN will turn its focus to Eastern Europe. Even now we are preparing to create the infrastructure required to lift them from starving, wounded anarchy to nourished, healthy order in a matter of days. Loss of life will be minimized, and the majority will likely occur before our deployment begins. Our sorcerers are preparing the spells to erect new cities, King Oberon's to grow new crops. Our companies are mustering the raw resources, our kind the manpower, and the former King Nimrod has agreed to aid with their construction, as have many experienced contractors. Rome was not built in a day, but New Arcadia's rise to the world stage will be meteoric. We will begin talks with the major powers as soon as we cross the border; protests and counter-protests will be arranged, the news given grist for its mill, but it is my intent to let diplomacy rule over panic and force."

He looks around the table. "But we will have our country, and I will not let the claims of powerful fools stop me. We will be revealing the existence of vampires and magicks at once, and I plan to announce asylum to any mages, sorcerers, metahumans, or other parahuman beings who desire entry. Existing residents of South Africa will be given the freedom to remain or the resources to leave, while other humans of the world will be subject to a strict examination based on personal history, character, abilities, and mentality in their consideration for citizenship."

"What is your ultimate vision for a government?"

"A parliamentary monarchy on the bicameral system," Dracula replies. "I, or in the event of my death, the eldest qualified vampire, will be the monarch. The Council will be one chamber, and a Parliament the other, with Parliament members initially chosen by appointment and replaced by democratic election over a period of five years."

"And what will you do about South Africa's existing alliances?"

"Evaluate them on their merits and keep or break them as the government sees fit," Dracula answers, as if instructing a slow pupil. "We are not South Africa, and I hope to establish initial treaties of nonaggression with the United States, European Union, Arab states, China, India, and Russia, with further trade agreements to follow."

"And what if a country does declare war on you?"

"We will make a public reply, giving them a short period of time to retract their declaration, before conducting a swift strike against the military assets and potentially the governing body of whichever nation or nations were foolish enough to declare war," the vampire king says simply, as if beheading governments were something to be taken care of before lunch. "We will inform the world that any large-scale attack, including with modern long range weaponry, will be answered by a similar strike. I trust that this threat will only need to be carried out once at the most."

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-09-2019 at 02:17 AM.
Closed Thread