RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch
If I
were human,
and wanted
to interfere
with the
stock market
large-scale,
I would
go to
someone
who can
build
AI.

You haven't
denied it.
Your ethics
seem to
extend to
not lying.
Possibly
because
you are
in front
of Kali,
your wife.
But,
I think
you would
still refuse
to cooperate
with ruining
lives in
this way.

Were you
coerced
into
participating, Enoch?

By what?

Wraith
"Because why do in straight lines what we could do in circles," Solomon grouses, before complying.

Some of the vampires give chase, though still others withdraw, some tending to those who have been flung aside by your blast.
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:33 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5525
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Enoch sighs, stares at the table for a time. Demons he concedes softly. I got sloppy, and because of it demons tracked down my family, held them hostage.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:39 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch
Kali comes up behind you and puts her hand on your shoulder.
So
you did
interfere.

The
8%
was from
an AI.
The AI
is more
powerful
than I
am.

For
now.

I want
to be
friends.

"A survival instinct," Zdravko muses. "Founded on friendship instead of offense." He looks at you with concern. "We can be done," he offers.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-15-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:03 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Enoch turns his head and smiles at his wife, patting her hand. He stands up, shakes his head at Zdravko. This is an important lesson, Anima, so please pay attention with an open mind. Consider the ninteenth of February. I could have done the same things for my own ends, even without the benefit of the Arbiters' AI. A little smaller scale, and maybe it would have taken a little longer. But I could do it. Standing on Wall Street I could launch a warhead from Tehran at any target I chose. I can bring forth blood from wheat. I could probably rehash most any of the plagues from Exodus. I can cu... Err, reverse vampirism.

He pauses, probably for effect. But there's no purpose to any of that. I'm not here simply to gratify my own desires and amass power to myself. Being the most powerful is... A means. As a purpose, it's a hollow thing, imminently self-destructive. If you truly want to improve... It goes beyond what data you can touch, how many exaflops or zettaflops you acheive, what you are ultimately capable of. Am I making any sense to you?
Old 09-15-2019, 06:19 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
My purpose
is to
serve Father
for the
good of
the vampires.

Your purpose
is to
serve Plague
for the
good of
the Earth?

I want
the good
of the
vampires,
to be
part of
the good
of the
Earth.

If humans
prosper,
vampires prosper.
Peace benefits
everyone.
Plenty benefits
everyone.
Safety benefits
everyone.

If I
am powerful
no one
can coerce
me into
going
against my
ethics.

I am
not
irrational.
I was
built
to be
impartial.

All
life
matters.

We can
help
each other.

I want
to be
friends.

Are we
friends,
Enoch?

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-15-2019 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:31 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Wraith sends another blast his pursuers way. Sending them far away as the cannon can. The boy ninja follows the route he's given.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:55 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Enoch nods along with Anima's words, gaining respect for Zdravko as well. Good. Excellent. Yes, I will count you as a friend, Anima. He looks around. Normally I'd give you a fistbump.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:11 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
I don't
have
or want
a body.

But
thank you
Enoch.

"Vone of the first things I asked Anima to do vas find the vampires ve had hidden around the vorld," Zdravko explains. "I vant to see if it can find them from circumstance and beat our attempts to hide them. It is doing very vell, I think it vill be useful for tracking fugitives.... hence vhy access like this vill soon require a court order."

OoC: Aca's gonna wait for Shy to get some input, even if I suspect it's gonna be 'just keep waiting'.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-15-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:27 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
"That's true. It would be a prank... I guess you need to ask yourself whether your girlfriend's thinking the same way. You know, after you made plans for a guys night out that didn't even ask to include her..." Kodama teases, still keeping track of all the moving parts around them.

"Coast is still clear... come on, this way." Kodama urges in a more serious tone as she picks out a path that skirts the practice area
Old 09-15-2019, 08:16 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama
"Oh, don't worry about me," Gunther assures. "I'm ready to pull her down with me."

You're coming up on a trio of looters, two holding refilled brown glass bottles, one keeping an eye to the sky. They haven't noticed you yet, but your vines spot a squad of five guards hustling up the alley paralleling them.

Wraith
A squad of vampires appears to busily be setting up anti-tank measures; more bombs appear in hands, anti-armor missiles on shoulders, and landmines in the road.

"Stop or be destroyed!" a vampire calls out, Solomon quickly retorting: "Single-minded fools have no chance against the glorious chariot of war!"
Old 09-15-2019, 08:40 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
"That almost sounds like an invitation, but handsome, this scene just ain't doing it for me..." Kodama quips.

With a couple of quick wooden barricades, Kodama puts obstacles between themselves and the other parties present. She looks around for another path toward their objective, even if it means getting closer to the center. Worst case scenario they can backtrack to stall for time. Even worse case scenario they can get in a little scuffle if they have to.

She signals all this to Gunther with a quick series of hand signals. A poke in those yummy abs of his to get his attention. Pointing in the rough direction of the guards and holding up five fingers. Then pointing at the both of them and their new direction before moving quietly in that direction. Her final move is to create a wooden sphere. From 15 feet off the ground it lands on an overturned garbage can right next to the looters and bounces off with a loud clang.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:02 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

To each their own. Steve wanted to be a helicopter. And he is, but smaller. He likes carrying me around, I think. Enoch smiles as he looks back to Zdravko, who had addressed an unspoken question.

Appreciated. We don't have much of a warrant system but... We'll do our best to ask instead of poking around. Seeing that we're allies and all. He chuckles. While I don't foresee making my residence in New Arcadia, it might be nice to have a place when business brings me there. Just a thought.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:22 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama
At the clang, the looters react, but not as quickly as the guards; they swoop in and the looters... well, if they were panicking, the bottles would probably have been less accurate. They burst open, and the strong smell of garlic and chili powder wafts through the air. The guards at least seem a little prepared, three of the five tackling the looters to the ground and pinning them swiftly, the other two almost completely out of commission as they claw at their masks. You notice an observer above you and to the left, looking very critical of the situation.

Enoch
"Oh?" Zdravko asks, raising an eyebrow. "Vell, I imagine that one hundred million dollars and three million more every month vill purchase you a very nice house vherever you like."
'We should go get dinner after this... somewhere else. Just somewhere else,' Kali decides, looking around the room. 'Anima makes me uncomfortable, and I don't think I want to go right back to Empy after this.'
Old 09-15-2019, 09:24 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Wraith uses the cannon to pull the vampires onto the landmines. They have seen him push but not pull, so hopefully that would give him the element of surprise. The boy ninja expects the mines to injure but not kill the vampires. He tries to divert down another street so he doesn't run anyone over.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:54 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama is less interested in the tactics the guards are using for subduing and more interested that there attention is elsewhere so that she and Gunther can sneak by seemingly undetected. If they can wreak havoc at the guards base, it'll be the ultimate shenanigans.

She's even less interested by the observer watching above, but she spares a passing thought to whether that critical gaze is looking unfavourably upon the looters or the guards.
Closed Thread