RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 12:36 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5677
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Wraith, Enoch, Kodama, and Sapphire
"Indeed?" Dracula questions, gaze veritably boring through Enoch before he relents. "Then see to it that whatever process you use is not widely available, and preferably requires a similarly intensive process as transformation. The step from cure to weapon is not a large one in the minds of ill-intentioned individuals, and while I have no fear for myself, combating unwanted reversals is worse than the forwards transformation, as the former renders the citizen more vulnerable, while the latter has a more... preservative effect."
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:00 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
"So you don't have any plans to institute any cap whatsoever? If all of humanity decides they want to turn you're happy to oblige?" Kodama presses that particular point.

After getting her answer, she switches tacks. "Hey, look, sorry if this is rude... but can you be a little more specific about your nuclear plans? Anything else you're going to do environmentally? I'm sure Nicu and Marcel didn't mean it that way, but people like me have been placated by empty political words like 'aiming for' and 'sensitive to' for a long long time. So if you could just give a few specifics about whatever plans you have I'd appreciate it." It's practically an eco-warriors wet dream. Being able to hold the policy makers feet to the fire when it comes to environmental policy. Where they legitimately could not weasel out of it. Just a little too juicy an opportunity for Kodama not to take a bite.

Last edited by Shylocke; 09-11-2019 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:32 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
"No," Dracula replies simply, looking to Kodama. "Everything I said applies to citizens of New Arcadia. With potential exceptions for life-threatening illness or injury, vampirism will not be reduced to some fad, or a weapon for the countries of the world to wage new and exciting forms of war with, or a tool to allow factories to work more efficiently. I am the vampire king, but if I wanted all of humanity to be in my thrall, I would have done it before you discovered individual rights."

On that cheery note, he switches tacks as well. "We're going to convert South Africa to nuclear power," he says bluntly. "Further, we will use magic to enhance refining techniques and recover spent fuel and useless ore instead of poisoning the land by burying it; some of the sorcerors have made progress with alchemy in the past one hundred years, and it is my understanding that the radioactive elements are easier to make than gold. If this plan fails, we will rely on fossil fuels until they run out, capturing the emitted carbon for later use instead of jettisoning it into the atmosphere. In either case, Zdravko wiill see to it that the pursuit of new energy technology does not stall; he seems particularly excited by the concept of... what was it?"

"Contained molecular fusion," Zdravko chimes in. "I also believe I can improve solar and geothermal technology with the right resources, to say nothing of the ocean."

"Resources he shall have. I believe the majority of your concerns stem from humanity's lack of foresight with regard to the planet they live on, Kodama? My intention is to build a country that will be able to sustain itself regardless of how deeply humans wish to poison the world. Forests are a part of that, as is ensuring you are not poisoning the land or the air, as is ensuring that everything you do can be done in that way for thousands of years without serious consequence. Peasant farmers understood the need to take care of the land they lived on before they learned to write, but the Industrial Revolution seems to have thrust it from their minds. I regret to see that humanity has not yet remembered, but I certainly have; I have seen villages, communities, cities and countries starve to death on the assumption that the land would provide however much they demanded of it forever, and I have no intention of watching my country do the same; particularly not when I count the Forest King and its Defender as valued allies who are not to be offended in such a way."

Dracula seems determined to make up for a century of lost conversations all at once.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:14 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Enoch considers his words carefully, and in the pause Kodama speaks up. When I say I should be able to do it, I mean me personally. Unless you feel such a thing might be needed more than a few times, ever?
Old 09-11-2019, 12:15 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
While Dracula was possibly trying to be chilling, Kodama found the notion that Vampirism was at least intended to be contained by the King himself quite encouraging. Contained at least to New Arcadia apparently which would supposedly have a strict immigration stance.

"How liberally do you intend on throwing these vampirism licenses out? What would you do if a non-licensed vampire was converting consenting adults inside New Arcadia? What actions would you take against a Vampire who was found in a country... NOT New Arcadia... just turning people left, right and center? Non-citizens. Assuming all the consent whatsit was totally good. Lets just say to make it interesting the Vampire in question was high-placed. Like... and I'm picking this totally at random here... Amaris." Kodama queries. She meant it totally at random, though given the history they shared it's entirely possible it wouldn't be taken that way.

She could press further on the environmental stuff. When she said she wanted specifics she was looking for hard things. Things like: breaking good on nuclear facilities at Date X, to be completed at Date Y. Shutdown of fossil fuel facilities by Date Z. That sort of thing. Capturing emissions, runoff and the like sounded pretty great to her. "I'd be interested in seeing your Sorcerers working transmutation in the power plants sometime." She added after more placating talk from Dracula. Apparently they were valued allies already. Could be worse...
Old 09-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10646
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Sapphire just nodded at the answer to her questions, still seeing that Dracula's tone made it clear that he thought of himself and his kind as being a step above others, Humans especially. It made sense on some level, though she had an overwhelming sense that he was just playing nice being the new kid on the playground, and once he got a portion of that playground to call his own, he'd start laying down his own way of doing things.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:19 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Dracula looks to Enoch.. "There are approximately seven millions of vampires alive," he replies. "Even I am not convinced that no one among them wishes to return to human. A reverse transformational process would be useful, particularly if you should wish to separate yourself from us at some point in the future."

He looks to Kodama. "If a vampire was turning consenting adults without the respective licenses in New Arcadia, they would be tried according to the laws in place. If found guilty and all parties consented, and it was the first offence, the likely punishment would be a period of days or weeks at labor, along with a fine adjusted to their income and a probationary period for the issuing of more licenses."

He considers for a moment more, looking shrewdly at Kodama. "Outside of New Arcadia, it would vary. If the vampire was an Arcadian citizen, they would be subject to our laws, and we would likely attempt extradition. If they were not a citizen, I am still the king of all vampires; we would cooperate with the sovereign government in the region where the offence was committed or where the vampire resided and attempt to bring them to trial."

"As for your third scenario," he continues. "Many officials, including myself, the Council, the elected regional governors, and the elected members of Parliament, will enjoy a certain freedom from lesser offences; converting consenting adults to vampires may qualify, but that would be left for the courts to decide. This freedom will not extend to total immunity from all prosecution, even for myself, but would resemble the parliamentary and judicial immunity enjoyed by analogous officials around the world. Regardless, if Amaris were behaving so in a foreign country or in New Arcadia, an investigation would be launched to determine the circumstances, and it would in likelihood be brought to court; sentencing would likely be in the form of house arrest for the first offence."
Old 09-11-2019, 04:58 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Enoch shakes his head. I realize it would be quite useful. Respectfully, that option is not on the table at this time.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:27 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"So I'm guessing you want something from us?" Wraith asked. He kind of wanted the meeting to be over. He glanced over at Isadora and Yeomra, wondering how they were getting on with nation building.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
"Then you will forgive us if we pursue our own research into it," Dracula says with finality, looking to Wraith. "We anticipate a reaction to our announcement. A public campaign with friendly, powerful metahumans, or even a less structured plan for them to live openly among the people of the world instead of retreating to whichever secret place you call home, would be very useful. The invitation is open to any of you who wish to live in New Arcadia once it is established, and you are also welcome to be part of a public relations campaign if desired."

"Sure, why not," Epirus agrees. "Dunno if I want to go on tour, but I might swing by some places and say hi. It'll be nice not to have to worry about getting spotted for once."
Old 09-11-2019, 06:17 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"I won't be taking up your kind invitation. I'm a ninja, so I work best in the shadows. Besides I just bet if I show myself, some do-gooder millennial will try to sic child services on me, and slap the other champions with child endangerment charges."
Old 09-11-2019, 06:33 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
The look on Kodama's face does little to hide her thoughts that Dracula's punishments for turning others out of place was pretty ****ing weak. So much for keeping the vampire population contained. He left the door open for a whole bunch of oopsies! Her body language isn't subtle either as she leans back in her chair and folds her arms across her chest.

"Likewise, I'll decline your invitation." Kodama responds curtly after Wraiths deadpan answer.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10646
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Sapphire turned to look at Epirus when he commented on not having to worry about getting spotted. If they were in the Bunker HQ, she'd comment that if he did, he'd be spotted all the time and have to worry about it.

Wraith's comment brought a slight smile to her face as she thought that if anyone knew him, it'd be the other way around and he'd be slapped with adult endangerment charges.

After Kodama declined, she spoke up.

"My first reaction is to decline the offer, but I'll sleep on it."
Old 09-11-2019, 07:03 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Enoch wasn't much surprised by Dracula's reaction to his polite refusal. He doubted they could figure it out on their own, wasn't even sure if he could fight a mature vampire immune system long enough to make an agent viable. If they figured it out, great. If not, it could only improve his own position. We're still on the polite refusal plan, right? Not coming out, not moving in?
Old 09-11-2019, 10:38 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
'Yes, that's right...' Kali replies.

Dracula arches an eyebrow as Kodama's body language practically shouts. "The word 'consensual' is all-important, and it is the one you specified," he reminds, before turning his attention to Wraith. "Your concern is noted." He sits silently as others chime in.
"Aye, I'm in tah meet an' greet a mite."
"Pass, but I'll keep it in mind."
"Errrr... gonna have to think about that."
"I accept, although I will not be doing any sort of tour."
'Yes. If I have time.'
"Erm... somebody fill you in on what I did to D.C.?" Fathom asks, hand on Oberon's leg.

"Yes, and you would make a good representative for one who was forced into her actions by the oppressive system keeping your brother locked away," Dracula replies. "We can help finance the reconstruction, and as no lives were lost, a private meeting between you, Marcel, perhaps King Oberon, and several American politicans would go a long way."
"Then I guess I'm in. But no chance in hell I'm going on a tour."

"Very well then. On to the last item I wished to discuss;" Dracula looks knowingly around the table. "This dream, or rather, the vision which occurred shortly before my resurrection. What do you make of it?"

"As far as I can determine, some figure or nation or nations will rise up against you," Azath states. "All of you. We appear to join the fray. The largest missing piece is who the missing person is; is there anyone from your personal past that springs to mind?"

"The van Helsings have been a thorn in my side, but it is my understanding that all of them in that line of work are quite dead now. The Tradesmen have collapsed. There is the angel who has been accompanying you recently."

'It isn't the angel.'

"Then perhaps some sorcerer or sorceress who is biding their time, or one of the demonic powers; if it were an angel, they would not be alone."

"If you think of something more specific, contact us."

Dracula nods stiffly, and looks around the table. "Further topics for immediate discussion?"

"Our military will be conducting drills later, as final practice before marching aid into a warzone," Dzu replies. "I invite any present to act as... complications." He smiles thinly, keen eyes looking around.
Closed Thread