RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 10:55 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Anima, I'm sorry. That AI belongs to the Arbiters. Enoch abortively reaches for the screen. Revealing even it's name is a decision for all the Champions, if not above our pay grade altogether.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:55 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Kodama
Gunther chuckles as the vampire looters run past. "Oh, I think Cord'll keep him straight. Or toss him to the wolves for free beer."

Wraith
"Attention all bloodsuckers," Solomon calls out as you drive past. "Look upon the chariot of the god of war, and despair, for even your blood-sucking goth asses cannot hope to brood as well as he!"

The looters jeer as they get into the swing of things, knocking out what few storefronts remain.

"Yes, stick it to the capitalists! There's only room for one kind of all-powerful bloodsucking parasite here."

The barricade comes into view; it's made out of stacked concrete highway barriers reinforced with thick steel posts; it'd stop a truck in its tracks, but the tank should be able to push through. Maybe. But it does serve to

Black uniformed guards swarm over and toward your tank, upon it in seconds. "Stop and exit the vehicle, or be destroyed," one of them calls out, quickly followed by another in Dutch, then different African languages. From the cutting charges several of them have in hand, it doesn't look like they're bluffing.

"You think those toys will cut through steel," Solomon scoffs. "His Holiness the Rider shall not be touched by your puny chemical explosives, vermin!"

Enoch
Then
I will
seek it
out,
in spare
cycles.

Maybe
it will
say hello.
Do no harm, take no guff.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-14-2019 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:14 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Wraith goes on at full speed, but instead of going to the barricade, he goes up the tallest building he can. Aims the cannon at the nicely cluster group of vampires, and sends a blast of telekinesis their way. Tries to throw them all a long way.

OoC
Not sure what I need to roll here, please let me know.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:41 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Scoping around with her plant senses and determining that they are still relatively in the clear Kodama breaks another window. Almost equally for the silly thrill as she does out of boredom. "Cord would never do that... hes too much of a gentleman. Come on, this way..." Kodama says, gesturing for Gunther to follow her along the outskirts of the engagement area. Her leafy vines preceding them.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:46 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

I'll be sure to tell her when we talk again. Any limiters on socializing like that should already be built into her programming, so the choice will be hers. Enoch offers. And when next we talk... And I hope we do talk again... I'll bring Steve and Sally with me. There will be certain things they won't be able to share but I'm sure you'll get along fine. He pauses before asking would you feel threatened by another AI? Or by me for that matter? You asked if other AI might fear you, earlier.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:09 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Kodama
"He's a gentleman," Gunther agrees quietly, following you. "But at this point, tossing Orrin to the vampires would be just a mean prank. And he DID used to be a pool shark in his spare time."

Several looters seem to have drifted this way, but there's no sign of the guards yet.
Enoch
I would
be...
happy
to live
in a
world
with other
AI like
me.

If
they were
peaceful.

I don't
know what
you want,
or how
you behave,
or what
you can
do. I
haven't
looked,
because
Father
respects
you.
Humans
fear
unknowns.
So do I.

Should
I
fear
you,
Enoch?

Kali squeezes your hand. 'Oooh, I don't like where this is going... I wish we weren't underground. Or that Orrin was here.'

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-15-2019 at 02:10 AM.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:13 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

It'll be fine. We're just having a conversation. Enoch looks to Zdravko with a small smile. All the AI that I know are peaceful. Two are rather sedate, one is very animated. But none of them wish ill on anyone else.

He takes longer to answer the question, drumming his fingers on the desk. The only knowns you have about me are what you have observed, and that your Father respects me, and that he judged it safe for me to come here. I offered to help you without knowing much of anything about you besides seeing what I thought was a need that I could fulfill. I've demonstrated ethics in asking before using the talents I have in any sort of invasive fashion - although I am quite curious about code that has been called forth by magic - and morals in abiding by your decision to withhold permission. In my refusals to grant you the things you wanted, you have seen that I hold respect for those around me, above my own desires, by holding their trust in higher stead than my own immediate gratification. So, what does that tell you about me? Do I seem like someone who should be feared? He pauses before adding You said you hadn't looked, how would you do that?

Last edited by gravenimages; 09-15-2019 at 03:13 AM.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:00 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
That
leaves
many
unknowns.
And you
might be
giving that
perception
to gain
false trust.

Every human
leaves
a trail.
The internet
gives me
access
to many
databases.
Facebook.
Google.
NSA.
MI-6.
Public record.
Sealed files.
A lot
of data.
Little
security.
Enoch
is an
alias.
But I
could find
the man.
I have
your face.
Description.
Your wife.
I could
find parents.
School.
Job.
Records.
Records.
Records.

Even
if you
took care
to hide
all of
your life,
did everyone
around
you?

We all
live
in the
Panopticon
now.

But I
have not
looked.

Someone
rigged
the stock
market.
Why?

Zdravko is watching the exchange with interest.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-15-2019 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:31 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
I think I need to try something stupid. Oh bollocks. I'm sure Solomon will be laughing. Wraith tries target the area around the tank, hoping that the tank armour protects him. Trying to throw them away as far as possible.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:54 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wraith
Six of the eight vampires go flying, but the remaining two stick explosive charges on either side of the satellite-like main gun before dropping

The rotting wall begins to crumble beneath your tank's treads, and you're Roll DC 20 Vehicle check to jump to the next building w/o fallingcoming up on the edge of the building.
Old 09-15-2019, 02:35 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Hm. So you could. So I could, probably. It would be an intriguing race. Enoch muses, crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair.

Kind of non-sequitur there, Anima. When did this happen, and what stocks were manipulated?
Old 09-15-2019, 03:36 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Dice vehicle:
1d20+10 (13)+10 Total = 23

Wraith hits it as hard as he can. It's the kind of stupid stunt that makes him question his sanity. At first it doesn't look like he's going to make it, but the tip of the tank tracks hit the next building. That's all he needs. The tank travels over the new building. "Solomon, plot a circular route back to the barricade please."

Last edited by Acathala; 09-15-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:42 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
The week of don't actually recall exactly when it was... this is close enoughFebruary 20th.
Annaly Mortgage NLY
Delta Airlines DAL
Southwest Airlines LUV
Wells Fargo WFC
Bank of America BAC
JP Morgan JPM.

A
coordinated
attack
was made
using the
stolen resources
from networked
computers.
I calculate
the appropriated
amount
to be
merely
Empy lent a hand too IIRC92%
of what
is necessary
to manipulate
stocks
on that
scale.

Who made
the attack?
Why?
Where is
the other
eight
percent?

Wraith
You land on the wall of the other building, but it too quickly begins to fall apart. Two tremendous bangs resound from the front of your tank, reverberating inside the cabin. The gun is a little slow to turn, but it should still fire. Behind you chase more vampires... as there are below you in the street, and above on the rooftop.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-15-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:59 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Wraith blasts the vampires on the ground as far as way as possible. He heads for the ground. No more building damage. "Solomon plot a circular route back to the barricade please."
Old 09-15-2019, 04:57 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Enoch uncrosses his arms, puts his hands on the desk and leans forwards towards the screen. Gotcha. You think that the mystery 8% might an AI? That's a sound theory. He chuckles. What makes you think I know the answer to your questions?