RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-27-2019, 10:20 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"Well... OK," Natalia answers with a shrug, stepping into the room. It did make sense, and it was suggested she work with him anyway, since he would be immune to her less than friendly abilities. "I don't even know what tis ting does, other tan being a big simulator. Sounds like tat ting on Star Trek," she says to the armor, realizing almost immediately that he probably doesn't know what she's talking about. Which might be for the best, she was a big nerd in her less-than-healthy youth, and would rather not have that part of her life resurface. "I have been slacking since I got here, I needed te break. But was starting to feel... lazy. And had some tings to work through, so I thought good a time as any to see what tis was. So what is it, like a fancy punching bag?" she asks, perhaps completely understating what the room can do.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:32 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

And carseats come to think of it. It's the law, and all. Matt puts a hand on the quarter panel, a pearlescent green washing over the outside as the interior rearranged itself to a more minivan like configuration. All aboard, then. He gestures Lee to the front seat.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:50 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"I don't know how well the new country is going to work. It also looks like they'll have tracking tech on their papers, which will be compulsory to own. I don't think you'll have to keep it on you though."
Old 09-28-2019, 12:00 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Wither
"I have heard the others describe it as a world in a can," John replies. "I do not know how it works, only that it does. Empyrean, restart."

"I'm on it!"

The gray walls shimmer into blue, the floor rumbling beneath you as hills, trees, and long grass appears. John unsheathes his sword and looks around. "They're in the trees," he instructs. "Get ready."

Wraith
"Not until you do have to," Lamya says dryly. "I'll keep my options open and stay here, thanks." She looks down at you. "There anything else? Going crazy cooped up in here."

Enoch
Lee climbs in, then Violet in the front, Heather and Shawn clambering into the carseats as you and Kali flank them, Aimon loading the bags into the trunk before closing it.
The car starts at Lee's touch. He whistles, running his hand over the inside. "Shame about the color," he opines, checking to make sure everyone's all buckled in. "Alright, we ready?"

OoC: So, you'll technically have to be driving, since only a Rider can pilot a Rider-transformed vehicle.
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:17 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Kodama sticks her tongue out at Gunther. "I'll pass it along, she'll probably be thrilled. Right before she starts interrogating me about whether or not I'm pregnant." She rolls her eyes. Kodama closes her laptop up and puts her empty cup on top of it before she reluctantly gets to her feet. "Man, it's going to be so nice cutting down on half of all my teleportation sigils. That hour gets longer and longer." Kodama remarks to Gunther as they exit her room. "See you soon, handsome."

They take different forks in the Empyrean hallway. Kodama following a line to a empty guest room, Gunther presumably heading to his own room or to find Cord or Orrin. "Hey Azath?" Kodama asks over PlagueNET when she stares into a nicely square but completely empty room. "Any chance you or a clone could join me?"

I think he's supposed to be in the base... ****, he's got that portal in his room... oh well, worth a shot.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:37 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"A world in a can? Mm hm, Star Trek," Natalia observes as the world shifts and terrain comes into view. It's the best frame of reference she has anyway. She draws her own sword, tossing the scabbard away. It's certainly not as impressive as John's mammoth blade, but it's clearly made for a different purpose. It's made for quickness and agility, like a hunting tiger rather than a charging rhino. It might lack the raw power of John's sword and technique, but is more than capable of killing once the prey has been run to ground and the teeth and claws can sink in. The stance she adopts as she moves to put her back to John's would show she's no stranger to using it either. Best to position themselves so they can't be flanked, and so she can take cover behind the larger, more dangerous enemy. "Baptism by fire, eh? I am told my abilities cannot hurt you, and I believe tat to be true. But if it is wrong, desculpas," she offers in advance. She's fairly certain she can't affect a living suit of armor with no living matter to speak of, but she's not going to take anything around here for granted. She does wonder how the simulation is going to react though, does it know what she can do? How to simulate the effects? Can she even affect the simulation at all? It's a question that will have to wait though, for now she isn't using her powers. John seems to be focused on swordplay, so for now, she'll do likewise.
Old 09-28-2019, 01:20 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Kodama
"To what end?" Azath queries. "I have already promised Enoch that I will be somewhere to help him within the hour."

Wither
John just grunts and draws his sword again, balancing carefully against the weight.

The enemy comes hurtling from the treeline, a hulking berserker viking with a warhammer practically frothing at the mouth, accompanied by baying war hounds. John grasps the handle of his sword and stares down the warrior before taking off, a gouge left in the dirt as the fleet armor is propelled the distance in moments.

OoC: Palladia, you can narrate the fight. John just focuses on the big guy, your powers work as normal on everybody except John after a bit of fiddling.
Old 09-28-2019, 01:23 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
"I'm going to draw a teleportation sigil in an empty room..." Kodama states as she starts to get down to business. "Oberon has one at his private residence. It takes the prep time to basically zero. Be real handy for getting around. I just wanted some help laying it down and a smarty-pants like yourself to double-check my work since the Empyrean will be engraving the sigil into the floor. But if you're busy you're busy. I just thought I'd ask."
Old 09-28-2019, 01:45 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Actually Dad, Phantom has to drive while I'm on board. Or me, but you want him. Matt explains. Ice cream time!

The car pulls out and drives... ooc: ffwd as you like
Old 09-28-2019, 02:33 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama
"I am busy making a teleportation sigil," Azath replies with a note of surprise. "I have only just started; I will be there momentarily."

Enoch
Lee barely pretends to drive, merely resting his hands on the wheel as the car goes. You're quizzed on the name of 'Phantom', as well as other mundane things about the cruise and married life. Ice cream is had, strictly outside of the Rolls, and Violet aggressively cleans the children's hands as best she can with a napkin before allowing them back inside.

Kali looks to you as you climb back in the car. 'We never did tell them what happened... they must be wondering, but I don't think we can with the kids in the car.'
Old 09-28-2019, 02:51 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Questions are answered with Matt's characteristic cheerful awkwardness, leavened by Kali's soft-spoken insights. Phantom is the model of the car, they haven't chosen a name for it. Yes, he got another gift as well, but it was even more exotic than this one and they'd bring it back next time they were in New Orleans. The cruise had been amazing, the Canal a marvellous feat of engineering and manpower, the exotic locations a marvel to behold, and the shopping a fun pastime as well.

Matt could only smile as he watched Violet fuss over clean hands, he had been in the kids' place not terribly long ago. Maybe we'll ask Azath to show them something magicky while we tell them, or we can do it next time. Dunno if it will do Mom's nerves any good, she already wants to about lock me in the house.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:10 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Yeah, that was my thought too." Wraith said to Lamya. On being cooped up, Wraith nods. "I'll see what I can do. Empyrean can I have a line to Brendan please?"
Old 09-28-2019, 11:48 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
'Let's do it next time,' Kali decides, looking up front. 'I think it would worry them more to tell them right before we leave again.'

"So where am I taking you?" Lee asks.

Azath still hasn't gotten in touch with you, but it hasn't quite been an hour yet.

Wraith
Lamya closes her door behind you as the line appears. Brendan is in the gym on the treadmill facing away from you, breathing heavily and sweating; the readout in front of him reads '9.2 kilometers', so he's well into a long run, black tanktop sticking to lean, sweaty skin.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:58 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Balboa park. Enoch supplies after a quick phone search. Course you're mostly driving back from there.
Old 09-28-2019, 02:27 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
"Thanks. With the pair of us going it'll hopefully not take too long." Kodama replies as she mechanically goes through the motions of preparing the spell. While her mind is tugging her into thoughts of what her dad said during the call, she does her best to focus. If she gets this right it's going to save so much time.