RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-24-2019, 05:59 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Oh right. Vampires. Well could you let Samael know I wanted a word with him, please? It's not urgent." Wraith said. Looking at Azath. "Azath, how goes your investigation into the vision?"
Old 09-24-2019, 11:47 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch
"We don't know," Lee admits. "We uprooted our life there; I think the firm would take me back, but right now I'm not even certain I would want to go, after we pulled the kids out of school. But we uprooted it there, and we haven't really planted it back here."
"Have the... vampires, established a legal system?" Violet asks. "They seem to be redoing everything else. Maybe your father could advise."
Lee looks at her strangely, but doesn't object.

Kodama
"Just suggestions," the man assures. "For now, I guess we just do the best we can." He enters your room and looks around. "You're going to have to set up this video call, though."

Wither and Sapphire
"Well, what do YOU think we should do, Natalia?" Inka asks impatiently. "Maybe we should all just go off into a corner and die, huh? Cause every immortal's just a stuck-up jerk who can't POSSIBLY remember what it was like to be 'normal'?"

Wraith
"Not very well," Azath replies frankly. "The prophetess knows nothing, and I have had no success treating it as a conspiracy by any party known. I've considered the possibility of an unknown party, perhaps the very same markhor, but the question of where they would be hiding remains."
Do no harm, take no guff.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-24-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:04 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
"Good suggestions at that. You always have good ideas... when you're not picking songs anyway. Just watching you move metal should be impressive enough." Kodama remarks as she snags her laptop charging away on her little desk. She walks back across the room and sets it on the coffee table so that it faces her well-used sectional sofa.

Fiddling with it for just a little bit, Kodama leans back in the seat and cradles her cider that was delivered a minute or so ago in her lap. "Just need to wait for them to call now. Hopefully the world doesn't go super crazy and we can still go on the promised cruise sometime. Did Epirus let slip when he's doing his publicity tour or anything like that? I assume he'd tell you before Fathom or Cord."
Old 09-24-2019, 12:12 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5525
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Well, whatever you decide I'll support and fund. I can check with some of our more-expert-than-me's to confirm my ideas about relative danger and see if there's anything we can do to mitigate it. About the vampires, I...

Enoch stops to consider. Maybe? Well. Honestly... He clears his throat. Maybe it's hypocritical of me to say, but in the wake of... The move, and all... I'm not sure I'd be easy about you working side by side with them or at all for that matter. I... He sighs. Its probably me overreacting, but I don't want any of us to be in that kind of situation again.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:16 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Kodama
"I think he's waiting on the vamps to get settled in," Gunther says. "Because 'hey we took over a country, and also we have a guy who can torch NYC' isn't really the best foot forward RIGHT out of the gate."

The call soon comes, and you're presented with your mother and father from the waist-up looking at you. "Hello Sam," your mom greets with a smile. "Hello Gunther. How are you both?"

Enoch
"I understand and I agree," Lee replies. "We're just not as up to date on the ins and outs of your... relationship with them."

"You should probably just stay away from them," Kali admits. "At least for a while. We want things to go well, but they might not."

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-24-2019 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:29 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Yeah, I mean, here Kali used to be my 'it's complicated', now it's an entire nation of vampires. I'm moving up in the world. My parents are so proud. Enoch laughs. So Mom, any more thoughts about becoming an internet cooking personality?
Old 09-24-2019, 01:28 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
"That makes sense." Kodama nods to Gunther's explanation, then takes a sip of hot cider.

Moments later the call comes in and as soon as her folks appear on the screen Kodama greets them with a friendly wave. "Hi Mom, hi Dad. It's good to see you. We're doing okay, pretty much. Sorta glued to the news these days. How are y'all? How's Chase?"
Old 09-24-2019, 02:32 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"Well yeah, kinda," Natalia answers in agreement, looking over at Inka with a flat expression. "From te very beginning you've done nothing but dismiss and invalidate every one of my experiences. I mean I only have twenty years of tem, tat's basically nothing, right? Tose back alleys and dark rooms you seem to tink to little of are my home, and for te last few years, tey've basically been my life. How many of tose hundreds of years have you spent living my life? You may have more experiences, but tey do not invalidate mine," she continues, mostly keeping the same tone and flat expression though there is a hint of irritation in it at the end. The vampires in Cairo came across as rather condescending and Inka herself has answered all of Natalia's concerns with much of the same sort of attitude. It was hard not to see them as stuck up jerks who thought little of those beneath them.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:46 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Whomever it was knows enough to hide from the Arbiters. I'm guessing that's not common knowledge. If the seer wasn't picked at random, she would have been monitored somehow. I still think her ancestry is a factor. If we know who knew her bloodline, I think we find who did this "
Old 09-24-2019, 11:10 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wraith
"Picking the seer at random would be a brilliant ploy to keep us focused on that," Azath observes. "Finding people with motive and means to hide from the Arbiters may be easier. I can think of only a few, all presumed dead."

Wither and Sapphire
"Your experiences are valid!" Inka protests. "But I don't think it's fair for you to compare the vampires in charge now, to the corrupt people in Brazil, because they literally aren't the same." She shakes her head. "I was gonna be sold off to the son of the guy who killed my family for a hot minute before Issa came along," she insists. "And then I spent like, six hundred years watching how she and the rest of them work, a lot of that spent by their side watching them handle corrupt humans! Why do you get to say I'm wrong about them, and that the GODS don't know what's best, when my entire life's been spent watching them, and the gods do nothing except watch humans and keep them from going extinct?"

Inka's grown rather heated by this point, and she slumps back. "I'm not saying vampires can't be evil, cause a-duh they can, I'm saying the ones in charge aren't gonna be, and that I trust the gods have thought about this a lot more than you or me or Cee-Cee or anybody, and they're the ones telling me what to do so I do it. If you wanna argue about it, I'll take you back to Mongolia and you can go argue with Kami-Sama or Death or any of 'em, cause I want us to be friends and I don't feel like you're gonna listen to ME at all."

Enoch
Violet rolls her eyes. "Don't change the subject, Matt," she accuses lightly.
The fae start to trickle out of the room and Lee sighs. "So, should we hunker down here while the rest of the world panics over the new players?" he asks. "I feel like it could be crazy for the next few... whiles."

Kodama
"We're doing okay," your dad replies. "Your brother's glued to the TV. Did you see the news?"
Old 09-24-2019, 11:28 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
"Yeah for sure. I've been glued to the TV for days too. The whole government collapse down there... all the way to that." Kodama says. "All that stuff they said is hard to believe, world-changing. If the world leaders weren't up there my first thought would've been hoax. But they were... it's the real deal. A country for vampires and people with super powers. I never would've thought."
Old 09-24-2019, 11:28 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
"What do you mean presumed dead?" Wraith asked calmly. I think Lord Death would know if someone died. Unless Azath refers to some tricksy way I don't know about.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:31 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Matt smiles unrepentantly at his mother's entirely true accusation. Well, one way took look at it is, in chaos, opportunity. Certainly if you hinted you knew about some of this beforehand and it caused you to uproot and move, folks in Arizona would be understanding. And with attention on New Arcadia you could probably do a lot under the radar. Or, waiting it out is also on the table.
Old 09-24-2019, 11:44 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
"I don't think I could say that to their faces," Lee admits. "As places to wait go, this one is nice; but if I'm hearing you right, there's about to be a million more jobs opened internationally from all the vampires that are relocating."

Kodama
"Is your work still going all right?" your mom asks with concern. "I don't know if it's private or government, but I bet a lot of those think-tank type of places are probably confused now, right?"

Wraith
"I mean that as far as I know, they are dead," Azath replies. "Their soul captured and their body gone. However, for the ones I have in mind, their spirits were more... difficult to locate. Even the reapers couldn't find them. I have a list of the details in my room, but nothing has come of it either."
Old 09-24-2019, 11:51 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
"Azath, do you mind if I take a look at them then? Iike to keep busy." I doubt I'll find anything he didn't. Doesn't hurt to try.