RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-24-2019, 11:55 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"I didn't say we weren't friends!" Natalia protests back. "We just can't see eye to eye here because... like it or not, you're biased," she continues with an exasperated sigh. "Look, just now, te guy who I'm gonna assume isn't really Dracula, described te vampires as an evolution in te human genome. Evolution, as in improvement, which literally means better tan. And don't tell me it was a bad choice of words, 'cause you and I both know every syllable of what he said was scripted and planned in detail. Te very first ting he says is literally 'we're better tan you'. Oh in a 'polite' way of course, but tey want tat message out tere front and center. So you say tey aren't te same as te corrupt people I've seen in Brazil, but te arrogance? Te disdain for te common people beneath tem? Te idea tat we aren't fit to lick teir shiny black boots? Oh, tat bit is exactly te same," she counters. It's not something that's going to get by her, she's seen too much of it. And can't help but think Inka is blind to it, since she never seems to be on the receiving end.

"Up until a week ago I didn't even know gods were real. And now, I'm gonna guess ninety-nine point lots of people still don't know. For wanting to make sure we don't go extinct, tey sure don't want any input from us. Let me guess, us stupid, pathetic mortals don't know anyting and need immortals to tell us what to do. Which is what I find insulting. Tis is our world too, and we're te only ones who don't have any say in tings. You get to talk to te gods, you have te benefit of being able to trust tem. What about us? What do we 'mere mortals' have? Not me specifically, I mean te seven someting billion of tem who have no idea tat immortal beings are dictating teir lives behind teir back?" she asks, trying not to get emotional with her argument but not entirely succeeding. "Nobody likes to be a pawn, and tat's what I tink I, and we, are in tis."

Last edited by PalladiaMors; 09-24-2019 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:03 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Kodama glances over at Gunther when her mother inevitably starts probing her current workplace. "Work's a little more stressful right now, especially with all these crazy revelations, but I think it's going all right. It's a little hard to tell sometimes." She answers carefully. It was a weird tug of war going on in her heart, wanting to share her truth with her parents but thinking that ignorance would keep them safe, keep them from worrying. "Don't you guys worry about me, really, work stress or not I've got a good thing going here. We've got a good thing going here. I wanted to talk to you guys because I was worried about you guys and wondering what you thought of the news. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that y'all are just as worried about me."
Old 09-25-2019, 12:06 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5525
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Solid point. And a bunch more in the medical field trying to make sense of vampire biology. Pretty much snips, snails, and all the rest. Opposite of Kali. Matt shakes his head. I could write the definitive text on that. Not fair that I can't be recognized for my work. He smiles wryly.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:28 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Wither and Sapphire
Inka stands up, pops over to her dresser, and picks up a doll, fishing in her nearby purse for a plastic baggie. "Kay," she says decisively, shaking the thumb-sized child's toy as she levels it at you. "You're not pawns, you're the pot, but I'll bring you up to talk to Death, and you can yell at him instead, kay? Cause he's the most powerful one, so if anyone knows it's him."

Wraith
"I'll have the Empyrean send you a copy at once," Azath replies, a clone stepping out, doubtless headed toward his room.

Enoch
"You could choose a pen name," your mother suggests.

"Like Milch Munni," Lee adds, to the tables amusement.

Kodama
"I'm waiting to find out how much of my workforce I'm losing," your dad admits. "Wondering if I should try and get out ahead of everything by inviting vampires to stay, because if they're hard workers I don't see much reason for them to go."

Your mom's eyes narrow. "Don't get too much of a good thing going," she warns. "I want to see a ring on it before I start hearing about grandkids, you hear me Gunther?"
"Loud and clear, ma'am," Gunther replies awkwardly.
Do no harm, take no guff.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-25-2019 at 12:33 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:53 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
"Mom!" Kodama admonishes her mother, sounding quite scandalized. Outside of the view of the camera she reaches for Gunther's hand and takes it in her own, giving it a comforting squeeze. Two things that chased guys away in time-honoured tradition were pressure to produce grandkids and pressure to propose. The last thing she needed was her mom chasing Gunther away. "That's not going to happen, okay?" She insists with a more haughty tone, being protective of her relationship as she was. It was practically a self-fulfilling prophecy, they'd probably be back to sleeping in separate beds after that little outburst.

So brazen was what her mom said, that Kodama nearly forgot all the implications of what her dad was saying. "So, you've no problem... like... keeping them on? Are you going to offer an incentive for them to stick around?" She asks, fairly amazed that her dad was taking the reality of vampires in stride.
Old 09-25-2019, 01:01 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Matt fixed his father with a mock- angry stare, before cracking a smile. Yeah. Maybe. I mean, I guess it's not really that important stacked up with what I actually do.
Old 09-25-2019, 01:17 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Kodama
"The grandkids or the ring?" your mom pushes, only held back by your father.
"Take it easy, honey," he reassures with a chuckle. "Sam's a responsible girl, and Gunther's a smart man. I'm sure he knows better than to play with MY daughter's feelings." He turns to the camera and mugs a deadly serious face before relaxing.

"Well, I don't see why I should let them go," he says. "I can see this turning into the next segregation, Jim Crow, and all that, and the right thing to do is to treat them like people, since they clearly want to be. Anyone who wants to show up at 9, clock out at 5, and put in an honest day's work in between is welcome in my book. Vampire, werewolf, frankenstein, zombie, the whole MGM lineup. And anybody who tells me otherwise can buy their beef somewhere else." "We saw your beef in the wild the other day, Mr. Toombes," Gunther inserts. "We were in British Colombia for work and a work friend took us to a hole in the wall bar he knew, and his old friend there broke out some of your steaks. Some of the best I've ever tasted."

"Oh, well now." Your father seems somewhat unsure of what to say. "I pride myself on my product, so I'm glad the people buying it are cooking it well."
Enoch
"Ooohhh, milk money," Kali realizes aloud, before giggling.
Your phone buzzes.
Text from EmpyI have been in contact with the AI. It wants to speak with you again.
Old 09-25-2019, 01:25 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Matt stares at his phone, smile morphing into seriousness. I need to deal with this. Work adjacent. He excuses himself, stepping into the back yard and the Kozebo.

text to EmpyYou guys friends now? Everything okay? Do I need to go there or does she want to talk some other way?
Old 09-25-2019, 02:07 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Natalia answers with a sigh and rub of her forehead, it seemed they just weren't going to be able to come to common ground, and 'go talk to the gods' isn't really helping stem her opinion of immortal arrogance. "Look, you're missing te point. As a mere mortal, I don't like te idea of immortals and gods doing all of tis behind our backs, for our supposed benefit, and completely leaving us out of it. I'm sure tey have a reason, but I don't have to like it. Or apparently I do have to like it, or else te immortals who insist tey aren't better tan us will literally send me to Death to sort me out," she fires back, temper finally getting the best of her. Although her own words remind her of something, nobody has ever actually said they weren't any better than her or any of the other mortal people on Earth. The realization of such just makes her even angrier, they really did think themselves better. No wonder they're such strong supporters of the vampires, they're of the same mind - rule over the peons, for they are too weak and stupid to do so themselves. "I'll just go back to being some insignificant part in a big, cosmic game, let me know if anyone needs any boots licked or anyting," she snorts before heading out of Inka's room and to her own. Right now she doesn't much feel like being in the company of those she perceives as thinking so little of her and those like her.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:53 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Thank you." Wraith said to the ancient Egyptian. "Just for my minor curiosity, how did you retire? Did you go up to Lady Athena and just stay up there with her? Or did you live out the rest of your natural life on earth?"
Old 09-25-2019, 11:26 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wraith
"I went up to Lady Athena and stayed there," Azath answers. "Aging until I died bore no attraction for me."

Sapphire
Inka watches as Wither storms off, and huffs. "Hmph." She looks to you. "All I was trying to do was take her to somebody with actual answers, y'know?"

Wither
Hurring up the steps, you nearly barge straight into Dirk, the athletic man swaying on the top step as he downs a good third of another beer bottle. He flinches as you come up the steps, spilling a little bit over his shirt and coughing at some that went the wrong way. "Uch," he manages eloquently, wiping his mouth on the back of his hand. "What's got into you?" he asks, raising an eyebrow.

Enoch

TextShe wants your opinion on how the vampires have done so far. We are not in real-time contact yet, so she may prefer a face to face.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:51 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama silently mouthes 'Oh my gawd' with a hand to the side of her face as her parents continue to embarrass her. It's like they didn't want her to call back with Gunther. Ever.

She had a hard time fathoming the depths of what her dad was saying. Would vampires really be satisfied spending their immortality punching a clock? Just going to work every day? They always seemed so much more clandestine about everything. There's just something about hearing something from your own parents that makes you reconsider stuff you heard elsewhere but discarded in a flash. She really needed to meet some regular vampires. No generals, no soldiers, no top-tier Council members. She had no clue what the rank and file were like. Maybe they were just people. "That's a good attitude to have, dad. Hopefully you don't lose a lot of business because of close-minded idiots. I'd be fascinated to find out how many of your employees are vampires."

Gunther at least had the good sense to try and steer the conversation away from them and toward her dad's business, throwing a compliment for good measure while he was at it. "It was really good dad. The stuff they serve here at work just isn't the same, you raised me to be able to tell the difference."
Old 09-25-2019, 12:05 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"That's probably how I would do it if I was to retire. No fuss. The only downside is I'll be sharing an afterlife with Enyo." Wraith is still in somewhat of a good mood. Having an adventure with his trusty steed had put him in one that lasts a long time. "I think if we go back to your earlier question, I think Nico will stay with Ethan rather than go to the vampire nation."
Old 09-25-2019, 12:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10646
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Apparently, C.C. (as she's asked the Champions to call her this when not on the job or in the presence of Vampires or another official capacity), had heard her good share of heated arguments in the past and didn't look to be wanting to take sides for the moment.
She did throw a comment at Natalia as she left in a hurry, "Could be worse you know? They powers that be could kill those immediately who find out about them, or just enslave us all!"

Once she was gone, she answered Inka, "I don't think she wants answers. I think she's smart enough to know she won't like what she hears, or be disappointed."

She stands up and puts the popcorn where she was sitting and starts to walk across the room, peeling her clothes off as she goes.
"This is all a reminder to me of how quickly things can change. And although my life is not so short anymore, it feels that way with all that is happening. I'm gonna take a shower. Want to join me?"
By the time she walks into the shower room, she isn't wearing a thing.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:55 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

text Thanks Empy. Let her know I'm willing, and I'll contact Zdravko about logistics.

Matt looks up into the sky a few moments, considering his answers. Then he calls Zdravko's phone.