RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-25-2019, 02:27 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13524
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"Desculpa," Natalia mutters in apology, trying to slide by the beer-for-breakfast man she ran into. She's seen him around the base but never spoken to him, though she hadn't spoken to much of anyone, really. For a moment it seems as though she isn't going to say anything at all, but then pauses with a deep breath. "If I had wanted to be reminded of how worthless and insignificant I was, I would have just stayed home. Never should have come here," she answers, turning as if to continue upstairs.

Old 09-25-2019, 07:04 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5677
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Wraith
"I understand your dislike for Enyo," Azath replies. "But do you understand how she could have reached the conclusions she did?"

Kodama
"Maybe one day you'll tell me where you work and I can arrange for better suppliers," your dad offers with a smile. "I'll see if I can get numbers, but really it's all up in the air. When do you think you can come down and see us again?"

Sapphire
Inka's about to follow Nat when the door swings closed and your shirt hits the floor a moment later. Her mouth opens, then closes, eyes glued to you as more clothing finds itself flung aside.

She lets you get all the way into if you'll recall, this IS her roomher bathroom before moving. Her teleportation skills are impressive; doll and clothes both tumble to the floor as she reappears in front of you, brown eyes sparkling as she cups your face in strong, smooth hands, body pressing against yours as she leans in for a heated kiss tasting faintly of popcorn. The door swings closed and the shower begins to run, steam quickly filling the room as hot water splashes against black marble tiles.

(Aaaand scene.)

Enoch
"Zdravko," the terse reply comes, the vampire clearly not recognizing your number.

Wither
A callous hand tugs your elbow to stop you, before Dirk lets it fall away. "Got the cure for depression right here," he says with a half-grin, motioning not unkindly with the beer bottle. "Being alone with your inner monsters is worse'n death, and I should know. C'mon, let's get slammed; you can gripe all you want about the gods squad, and I'll tell you how much it sucked being in the US Army."
Do no harm, take no guff.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-25-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:10 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Matt winces at the brusque greeting. Ooh. Sorry. Bad time? It's Enoch. Got a message that Anima wants another chat.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:16 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch
"No, not a bad time Enoch," Zdravko assures quickly. "Just my subordinates' continuing incompetence." He sighs heavily. "I am the only one with access to Anima. On what time scale should this be?"
Old 09-25-2019, 07:34 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4789
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Enyo stared into the abyss, and the abyss stared into her." Wraith said to Azath. "Plus she lost her child, and had a stint with Ba'al that wasn't a health spa retreat." I think 5 says this is going to turn into a lecture from Azath.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:35 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Matt smiles, he's worked with his share of incompetent ordinates, sub-, super-, or otherwise. At your convenience? Or could you use a few extra hands for a bit?
Old 09-25-2019, 07:48 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
"Some competent help would be much appreciated; I'm updating the government systems for an entire country from proprietary code to something actually USABLE. Or rather, I'm attempting to."

Wraith
"Are you saying that she was corrupted?" Azath queries. "That War may have selected... damaged goods?"
Old 09-25-2019, 08:06 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Azath, I trust Lord War. He would not have picked her if she was damaged. There were probably a number of factors in making her the sociopath she is today but I think the primary one is she fought too many monsters and became one herself. Look at what survived of her legend. Even if only some of it was true, it's enough to make her the goddess of war crimes. I'm willing to believe it as I saw the expression on her face when she killed me, she got off on it. Whatever she started off as, she's a bully and a sadist now. I hate her."
Old 09-25-2019, 08:13 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Kay, maybe we can improvise some middleware to translate for the short term, then something viral to hit and translate the proprietary stuff. Matt warms to the subject. Let me work out the logistics of getting what I need here and call you back to arrange final transport?
Old 09-25-2019, 08:20 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13524
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Ntalia regards Dirk with a resigned sigh, looking down at the mostly-empty bottle before looking back up to him. "If only it were tat simple. I take it you're not very up on what it is I do?" she asks, motioning for Dirk to hand over the bottle. I'm just going to assume he doesn't go all MIIINE with itTaking the bottle and raising it as if in a toast she turns it upside-down rather than lift it for a drink. What's left of the beer starts to gurgle and pour out of the bottle, but by the time it's halfway to the floor there's a barely-audible hiss as the contents turn first to mist and then drift away into nothingness. By the time the bottle is empty there isn't a single drop on the floor, and not a drop in the bottle either. "Te same ting happens if I try to drink it. I won about five tousand real in bar bets at Carnival a couple years ago. And a hot dog eating contest," she says as she hands the bottle back with a shrug.

"And tat's just a party trick. Believe me, I know all about inner monsters too. And would rather not get into a 'mine is worse' argument. But, tere's no harm in trying, and I suppose it's better tan trying to figure out how I'm going to pack my tings. Not much of a point in deciding you don't belong in a place, when you don't really belong anyplace eh?" she says with a sigh, turning to go back down the stairs. "I suppose I buy te first one, since I ruined tat one?" she jokes, knowing full well they're all on the house.

Last edited by PalladiaMors; 09-25-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:30 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
"Yes, thank you Enoch."

Wraith
"Or perhaps she enjoys setting uppity young contentious boys in their place just a little too much, hm?" Azath suggests mildly. "I would be careful declaring hatred for someone you're fated to spend eternity sharing a realm with, particularly one as strife-stricken as War's."
Wither
Dirk grins. "You've got that right."

He leads you down to the kitchen and sits in the corner nearest the pantry. "Empy, two specials," he requests, raising two fingers as if the omnipresent AI needed it.

Two robbies run out with half-gallon glass pitchers half-filled with cubed ice, then return with bottles of black coffee liqueur, then twin litress of vodka, followed by a carton of cream.

Dirk grins and slides a pitcher, a liqueur, and a vodka your way. "I've got a liver like a mack truck, so beer doesn't do it for me either," he offers by way of explanation, waving the carton of cream at you. "If you're a pansy."

He opens his vodka bottle with a twist, tipping it over and watching as the entire thing glug-glug-glugs into his pitcher, the ice shifting to accommodate the chilled drink. His eyes gleam as he looks up to you, picking up the pint of coffee liqueur and waving it at you. "We've got the Russian, now for the black." He watches it carefully as it tips in, tinting the clear mixture a dark, rich brown before he reaches in and stirs the ice around with his finger. "Sue me, I'm not a bartender," he jokes, picking it up and taking a long pull, downing at least three or four shots worth of straight liquor before coming up for air. "Smooth like silk," he manages to croak, coughing before wiping his mouth and motioning toward you. "Come on now, don't let my years of experience rigging the system go to waste. No fair using your powers if you've got control of them, either."
Old 09-25-2019, 09:36 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Aright, back with you in a few minutes. Matt heads back inside. Looks like they need some tech support. He observes, looking to Kali. Want to go with? Might be a few days, and I'm'a bring Steve and Sally if I can get them.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:49 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
"I intend on avoiding her as much as possible. Besides I think the damage is already done. We were never going to get along."
Old 09-25-2019, 10:08 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
"I dunno." Kodama says, wishing inwardly she could have the Empyrean somehow take stock of her father's product. Whatever the cost it'd be worth it. She glances at Gunther again. "All this stuff on the news... just like you we're gonna need to see how the chips fall work-wise, you know? But don't think for a second that we've forgotten about that cruise." She ends emphatically.

It sucked, never being able to give her parents a straight answer, always dangling the possibility of a visit. This was the best she could do though. Until she was comfortable being honest.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:38 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Wraith
"Perhaps," Azath replies ambiguously, before leaving it alone. "So. I think it is time we asked our current residents if they would prefer to live with the vampires, don't you?"

Enoch
"Yes," Kali decides, standing up from her seat. "I'll go with you, Matt, or else you'll go crazy."

"Well, it was good to see you again Matt," Lee says, standing up with a smile. "Good luck with your tech support."

Kodama
"We're going to hold you to that," your father reminds. "Hopefully your bosses don't crack down too hard, I'm sure they're losing people too."

"Oh, I'm sure it'll work out," Gunther agrees.

Chase wanders in from behind and mugs a face. "Heyya sis," he greets with a wave, ignoring Gunther. "How's things?"