RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-26-2019, 11:11 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5677
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Kodama
"Well, I hope everything works out," your mom replies sympathetically.

"Well, it's been good to hear from you again, but we don't mean to keep you," your dad says after several seconds of awkward silence. "You treat each other right, you hear?"

Wither
Dirk snorts. "You try notta think about it," he answers, taking a pull before coming back up. "'Sides, Cat can kick my ass. And Daisy can get 'em outta dodge, an' Vee can patch up anything short've death. Worst comes to worst, there's an afterlife an' an apology, but y' only get that if you've told'em up front."

Enoch
"Ice cream!" Shawn squeals excitedly, tugging on Violet's sleeve. "Can we, Mom?"
Violet sighs and looks at you. "I suppose," she admits at last. "Will the car even fit all of us?"
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:43 AM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
"I promise." Kodama says quickly. "You don't be strangers either, however this stuff affects you I want to hear about it." A slight shake of the hand off-screen prompts Gunther to give his goodbye as well. "Keep it up Chase, at this rate you'll make starter in your 10th year." She adds with a wink then shuts off the call before he can respond to her sibling ribbing.

She lets out a deep breath. "I think that went okay... they were like... not as freaked out about as I thought they'd be."
Old 09-26-2019, 12:19 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Kodama
"I think your mom was more worried about how close we were sitting than vampires," Gunther observes with a grin. "And I'm hoping there's a lot more good men out there like your dad."
Old 09-26-2019, 12:49 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Matt smiles fondly at Shawn's unexpectedly sussing out his spelling trick. Not normally, but I can tweak it a bit. Perk of the job. His smile becomes a rueful grin. Remember my 'experimental' modifications to the SUV?
Old 09-26-2019, 12:56 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5939
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
"Oh my gawd... don't remind me." Kodama says with a groan. It's not like she was sitting in his lap, they were just holding hands. I mean really. "Whenever she talks about that stuff I really hope you just brush it off. We've already talked about it. Doesn't matter what she thinks..."

As if to thumb her nose at her mom, Kodama sidles closer and leans against Gunther. "My dad's great like that. I learned a lot from him... I'm glad you see it too." He was right though, she needed to hear more stuff like that more often.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:08 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13524
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"Hm well a week ago I didn't know tere was an afterlife, had never met anyone like me, and had never met anyone whose ass I couldn't kick," Natalia sighs, running a finger around the edge of her glass as every last remnant of liquid ceases to be. "Funny how tings change, eh? Still, I never gave any thought to romance, felt it just wasn't someting I could have when I thought I was alone in te world. Now, who knows. I just better not say anyting, don't want someone dropping a mountain on my head if I say te wrong person," she laughs, leaning back in the chair for some brief reflection on everything that's happened recently.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10646
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Several hours after Natalia left Inka's room, C.C.'s eyes slowly open as she looks around. She is dressed only in her shirt as Inka's pants were of too small a size, and she didn't care to look for her own.

She is in Inka's bed, Inka's arms wrapped around her as they sleep curled up on their sides, or at least C.C. was sleeping. The sheet is over them both.

She enjoys the moment, knowing it will change when the reality of the situation sets in. It isn't a bad reality, it just is what it is.
She finally speaks, her voice relaxed and content.

"Hey."

She waits for some kind of an answer before she says what's on her mind. "I know you wouldn't bite me without my consent, but I need to know something."

Again, she waits for an answer that Inka is listening.

"Does your bite affect me.... having a choice? Whether I want to be with you or not? Or does it just depend on how long the bite is? And on that, is that what determines if you turn someone or not?"

She had a new bite mark, and luckily it wasn't somewhere she'd normally not cover with clothes, save if she was wearing a bikini top.
She rubbed her fingers over it, knowing it could become a fad quickly, like a short-lived tattoo.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 09-26-2019 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:48 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"I suppose. I would rather they had their memories wiped of this place if they do decide to go. You chaps will probably vote against me." Wraith said not sounding thrilled by the prospect. He follows Azath.
Enoch. "Hey Enoch, it's not urgent but when you have time, I'd like to discuss upgrading the tech at my apartment in Vienna so I can work from home." Crap. Dirk and Virtue know where I live. Crap, crap, and crap. Better hope they stay here.

Last edited by Acathala; 09-26-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:12 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Matt looks up, surprised at another voice. Wraith: Actually that's available now, I've been using the setup at the house here for a bit. Just ask Empy for project Bastion, she'll hook you up with the hardware. Make sure the VPN appliance is in between the outside hookup and your modem and you're golden.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:18 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
"Okay thank you Enoch. Hello Kali, since I know you're inside his head too. See you both at the meeting." Wraith said to the doctor and Kali.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:20 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Kodama
"Well, I'd like to stay on good terms with your family," Gunther offers. "So I have to think at least a little bit about what she says."

He looks at you for a moment, bringing his hand up to affectionately squeeze your head against his shoulder. "So what do you think we should do next?"

Enoch
"Not limited to hippiemobiles?" Lee guesses. "Brings me back to driving school. The instructor had a brake pedal on her side she'd stomp on anytime I did something stupid."

Wraith
"The fact that we have a base is no secret. They don't know where it is."

Wither
"Aw c'mon," Dirk eggs. "There's gotta be someone. Top three, then. Brendan'sh not bad looking, neither're Lamya an' Medussa. The twins're probably a bit big and dumb to love."

Sapphire
"Mm... yeah?" Inka asks fuzzily, squeezing gently.
"Know what?" she asks, more alert now.
She listens carefully while you talk, then sits up and looks down at you, swiping at her hair. "No Cee-Cee," she replies simply. "All that happens when I bite you is you get some pokey holes and I get a treat. Far as I know, and I know a lot, biting someone doesn't do anything like that. It's a lot more like kissing."

She thinks for a moment more, then shakes her head. "No," she repeats. "We can't make more vampires by just biting people, 'least I can't. We hafta give them our blood, like directly, and usually a lot of it." She lies back down and snuggles back up. "I didn't do anything to make you do anything," she murmurs. "Promise. So if you bit me, then maybe, or if we like set up an IV for a bit, or if I cut you and then bled on it... but I like you like this." She squeezes again. "You're so warm and soft... mmkay?"

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 09-26-2019 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:24 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Kinda like that, but only really constrained by imagination and the basic materials involved. I guess. Matt shrugs. Haven't played with it too much.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:16 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13524
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"What is tis, high school?" Natalia laughs, finding the whole thing both ridiculous and familiar, she hasn't even been out of it more than a few years. What was next, a "do you like me check one" note? But in the interest of indulging she sits back and thinks for a moment, weighing those she's met, though to be fair she hasn't met everyone. "OK what, we're just talking about who is good-looking? Ten eh... Medusa is pretty, and C.C., and... Fathom. Actually Empy's hologram is pretty cute, if we're gonna count tat," she answers with a nod after some consideration. Then there's a moment of silence before awareness kicks in, Natalia holding a hand up defensively to clear things up. "Tat's not to say I'm into any of tem! I'm not into girls, but you asked who was good-looking, and eh, I'm Brazilian. We don't get all hung up on tat sort of ting, good-looking is good-looking. And no offense, but most of te guys here are like... dads. Which really isn't my ting," she adds, giving the best assessment she can.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:22 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
"I hope so." Wraith said tartly. He's quiet the rest of the way to the meeting.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:32 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
"Sounds... interesting."
Lee looks over his family. "But we're not going anywhere in our sweatpants," he decides, nodding to Shawn. "C'mon big man, let's get dressed so the ladies aren't embarrassed to be seen with us." He heads off with the boy, passing Kali on her way down, the woman trailed by Aimon as he carries twin duffel bags down to the foyer.

She smiles awkwardly as she walks in. "They were a little heavy," she ventures.

Wither
Dirk chuckles. "Uh-huh. Not into any of'em. Betcha didn't even stare at their ass fer more'n a minute or two, right?"

He winks as he takes a long pull, the gulps. "Ugh. Don't think Orrin, Ep, or Enoch'd take too kindly to being called a Dad, but can't say you're far wrong. Seems to me there's no real young guys... dunno how old Brendan is." He waves his hand distractedly. "Eh. I'm sure if you wait long enough, fate'll drop a hunk right into your lap. Hanging with th' gods squad does things like that, so I'd put y'r request in sooner'n later."

Wraith
Rather than the conference room, Azath leads you upstairs and to the first door. He looks to you. "This is where Thaddeus sleeps. Would you like to go ahead and handle talking to Brendan, John, Lamya, and the twins individually?"