Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8117
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mujie View Post
How do we use secret tags?
[secret={username}]{text}[/secret]

an alternative is simply hitting the 'SHH!' button in the text editor next to the red TT circle
Old 10-05-2019, 12:14 AM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3651
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
Oh good, I was wondering when this would come up again. Let's see if I can make it through the competition without having to withdraw this time.

I look forward to competing against you all, some of you for the second time!

Last edited by ParzivalFair; 10-05-2019 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-05-2019, 12:59 AM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4693
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Parzival! Now the gang's all coming back together!
Old 10-05-2019, 01:32 AM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
Yeah it is! And without Inem getting in the way competing against us, one of us is sure to clinch it!
Old 10-07-2019, 07:41 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1672
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991
Well, the monkeys got their hands on some more Coke, so I guess I can take another shot at this.

And hopefully not embarrass myself quite so bad this year.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:54 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6367
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Well, my job settled down a bit, and I think I got the time to do this. Though, not being able to edit after posting sort of puts a cramp into it. I do most of my posts at work in between actually working As the 1st shift guy uses this computer too, I may just have to write my post's out on paper and then post it on the weekend before the deadline. Safer that way.

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterPosting Status: Normal
Old 10-07-2019, 11:24 PM
All men perish...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7719
Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv
As a CS you should have a private thread. You could always post it there, edit it, then copy it over when you are happy with it
Old 10-08-2019, 12:30 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6367
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
<slaps' forehead> Of course!

Thanks, Qiksilv. I just completely forgot about my Private Thread. And as I use it daily because I have all my games linked to the first post in the thread, I should have realized that I could use it for this <douh!>

And my submission is complete. I was laughing while creating it, I just hope I don't have to include the thing in any latter posts

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterPosting Status: Normal

Last edited by Silk; 10-08-2019 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 09:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9109
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Hi everyone... this should be fun!

Any ideas when round 0 closes up and the next round starts up? I didn't see that in the material (I probably overlooked it somewhere). I'm planning a trip next week and wanted to be sure to keep an eye one this while on the road.

- Savy
Old 10-09-2019, 01:35 AM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoylen View Post
Any ideas when round 0 closes up and the next round starts up?
Round zero will run for two weeks altogether, so it will end October 13/14 depending on how Inem wants to handle that. If it's like the previous years, voting will be done by the community at large, so there will be a few days (to a week) for that, followed by tallying and so on. Then they'll organize round one into matches, and we'll go from there. So Round One will be maybe the 21st, give or take.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:45 PM
Bad Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23415
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParzivalFair View Post
Round zero will run for two weeks altogether, so it will end October 13/14 depending on how Inem wants to handle that. If it's like the previous years, voting will be done by the community at large, so there will be a few days (to a week) for that, followed by tallying and so on. Then they'll organize round one into matches, and we'll go from there. So Round One will be maybe the 21st, give or take.
This, pretty much. More likely to close on the 13th, unless I realize I won't have the time to gather entries for voting until the next day, in which case I'll also not close until the 14th. But anyone considering entering, don't count on getting the 14th. My tentative goal is to start round one on the weekend of the 19th/20th, however, I've ended up having business trips all but one day between then and now. So exact dates could end up shifting a day or two based on my chance to get things done.

In any case, anyone considering entering or still putting off finishing their entry : time is running low
Old 10-09-2019, 01:26 PM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8800
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin
I just saw the Notice for this and though I've never DM'd before, I was really, really tempted to give it a go.

Pushing through the first half of Outplay 2019 unlocked one of my writing chakras, and I'm eager to crack open the next. Unfortunately, there isn't a chance that I'd be able to finish Iron DM with my current schedule, even if I made it past Round Zero, but maybe next year.

However, thinking about participating did get me mulling over a new campaign/module idea. So maybe I'll try to build that into something worth play-testing and invite a couple participants/judges to run a demo version when the time comes.

Looking forward to following everyone's progress this year!
{As Featured in Explosive Runes #24!}
"The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge."

Last edited by Gaijin; 10-09-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Crushestro, Inc.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8972
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
C'mon, Gaijin! Give it a go! C'moooooon! Peer pressure, peer pressure! It's not really so terrible, unless you make it to the final round and your opponent is a two-time champion... I've heard, anyway...

Well, if you don't make it this year, I look forward to seeing you in the game next year.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19752
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
I was on the fence about this, but then you had to go and call me out in the banner ad like that

I'll get a rough draft to the ol' private thread, sleep on it, and hopefully have a winner to you or at least before the deadline!tomorrow
Old 10-09-2019, 02:06 PM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8800
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unko Talok View Post
C'mon, Gaijin! Give it a go! C'moooooon! Peer pressure, peer pressure! It's not really so terrible, unless you make it to the final round and your opponent is a two-time champion... I've heard, anyway...

Well, if you don't make it this year, I look forward to seeing you in the game next year.
There is a small chance that if everything goes well this week, I might be able to write something up for Round Zero in time for the deadline. (I still need to read several years worth of competitions to get up to speed.)

Since we're only sitting at 11/16 participants, I can at least be free from the guilt of potentially taking the spot of someone who has more time to commit.
{As Featured in Explosive Runes #24!}
"The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge."