RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-07-2019, 09:54 PM
The red pandas are coming

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17701
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Done
Old 11-07-2019, 11:00 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 58975
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziether View Post
Angeleno here. I can confirm Los Angeles is literal hell. I exist online simply to avoid having to drive anywhere here.

And with that I will cease the commentary unrelated to the game recruitment this thread was intended for.
To be fair, I am sure Los Angeles exists beyond/behind one of the gates in Iaiyh.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:29 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 119
Librarian Librarian
If it does and I'm picked somehow, can we skip L.A. in favor of somewhere nice? Like Tartarus?
Old 11-08-2019, 10:08 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5583
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
If it does and I'm picked somehow, can we skip L.A. in favor of somewhere nice? Like Tartarus?
I heard that relative to LA, the seventh circle of hell is a cozy resort.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:45 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 58975
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
I'm siting in LA now...
Old 11-09-2019, 12:23 AM
Chaos Elf Fun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1154
Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla
It's almost Sunday. Ahhhhhhh.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:33 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1566
Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas
VrisName: Huvris(Vris) Shildondla
right-aligned image
Did I mention he has bad fashion sense? Cause......yeah

Race: Duskwalker

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Class: Warder Hawkguard Ordained Defender

Personality: Vris may look grim and dour, he can’t exactly help it, but then the outfits he might wear just might. He is actually a kind person, even gentle, only becoming a completely different sort of person when he is on the trail of serious lawbreakers. He might not ooze charisma, but he always has a welcome smile, a warm laugh, and is willing to reach out a helping hand. The deeds he has carried out in his life don’t seem to way on him much, as he just chalks it up to his duty to society. Though used to travelling and being on the road, he happily enjoys the comforts of civilized life or a friendly chat around the campfire with his fellow travelers.

Even when he is stalking prey, cutting a trail through the wilderness after some man turned beast, his attitude tends to stay rather chipper, though when it finally comes down to the confrontation, he has a chance of going one of two ways. If he believes that the criminal in question has any chance of being redeemable, he will try to redeem them, but if he doesn’t, he has no problem playing the executioner for those whose sins are too high for society to forgive.

After that though, buy him an ale and sit back for a nice evening forgetting about the blood on his boots.

Appearance: For all that he is basically a reincarnated elf, Vris looks more like a dwarf with extra growth hormone, though a rather lanky one. At a rather heady 6’3”, he clocks in as tall, especially among dwarves. Bearded, his orangish-red beard would put a young dwarf to shame, falling as it does down past his neck. He does like to keep it well combed, along with the mustache that helps to cover the bottom half of his face quite well in full, luxurious facial hair that makes him look like a drow trying to pass as a dwarf. His skin is gray, ashen for the artistic types. It offsets his fiery hair rather well and looks like living stone sometimes. Though he isn’t about to be blending in with the way he dresses. Often found in completely clashing colors, one would think he had been raised by gnomes. He likes noisy, loud, often obnoxious colors, one of his favorites is a bright, golden yellow cloak that makes him stand out even at noon in the middle of a field of dandelions. Deep blue eyes with little white, unsettling elven heritage shining through, stand out beautifully against his fiery hair and horrible fashion tastes. And eyebrows, eyebrows to make a gnome weep with their soaring bristles.

Background:

Last edited by Panthas; 11-09-2019 at 06:13 AM.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:23 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 72
Ermine
Is there a deadline for this? And is it still open for more after this new round? Because I have a character in mind that's all official material but mixed up in ways most consider complicated. Basically the goal was ALL THE SPELL-LIKE ABILITIES and NONE OF THAT NAUGHTY NAUGHTY WIZARDNESS! Level 12 I think sees the point where she has 7 magical tails (well...6. And one normal one) and the full line of drow nobility feats. As a half-drow. Which could make a semi-interesting dynamic between her and a certain Duskwalker.

I've been a little nervous about joining because this'll be my first one on this site. ^//^

Last edited by Ermine; 11-09-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:54 AM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3169
TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor
If you can get one in quick ermine. Deadline is tomorrow.

Some of us do our best work last minute! Happy app'n!
Old 11-09-2019, 12:00 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 61
ProfoundBeggard
Oh it's still open, though the applications were closed. I'll post something.

Last edited by ProfoundBeggard; 11-09-2019 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1566
Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas Panthas
They are closed if you hadn't already expressed interest/started a character application on the forums as of November 2nd.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:54 PM
<3 M

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 522
xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire
Are we seeing an extension, or are announcements on successful apps still planned for today-ish?

Either way, good luck everyone, this will be an interesting one.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:16 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 119
Librarian Librarian
I was curious about that, myself. I know the DM said reviews would be delayed but now we're down to the wire.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:41 PM
Damn the Torpedoes!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9318
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
From what he said on Discord, there will be no reviews, and that final selections will be made today. According to his text, the game is set to start tomorrow.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:50 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3842
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Does RPGX have a discord I dont know about or do you two know one another outside of the site?

Either way, yes, very hyped to see who gets in.

Last edited by Sirviantis; 11-10-2019 at 02:51 PM.