RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-24-2019, 09:44 PM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3076
TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor
Does anyone else find backstories to be particularly difficult? Especially with higher levels and custom materials incorporated into the character.

On one end I'm like "What would be realistic?" for a fantasy character. On the other I'm like "But Dude, Prose n' ****!" And it's hard to remember to go with only one kind of narrative perspective when all the personalities in my head are screaming their own spin on things...

Or is it just me?

Last edited by TheGoodDoctor; 10-24-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:01 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 119
Librarian Librarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasons End View Post
There's been no deadline set yet, and apparently the dm will give us at least a weeks notice. Honestly the quality of submissions is really asking me to up my game. Some people have made multiple applications! I might just do the same actually, and speaking of because the dm is encouraging homebrew I might attempt a recreation of a 3.5 class myself, the legendary Dragonfire Adept!
I saw where they said that about a week's notice or so, I just want sure if I may have missed something in all these following posts.

Hey DM, a little Googlefu found this, which is apparently a third party binder of sorts. It's all about constellations and celestial bodies so I think it still kinda fits the setting? Anyways, here's the link. Would you allow it?

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd...use/occultist/
Actually, never mind. That looks more complex than I thought it would be.

Last edited by Librarian; 10-25-2019 at 02:54 AM.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:16 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 472
Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End
Bro
Old 10-26-2019, 06:18 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3799
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
I updated the table for ya. Or rather, I'm updating it at the moment of typing, but by the time you read this I'll have updated the table. Time travel, it makes things difficult...

Player Character Concept Complete?
Seasons EndCalcifur and Sophie2 Souls, 1 BodyXXX
VaerdisYuski InugamiExpert Subjugator of the MysticsYes
Admin DirkTobias WindleafDrifter Magusyes
Admin DirkMalifeek the JackalMaster SummonerYes
LittleBlueNASōlitāriaPsion AndroidNo
ImoenAmelyssanDhampire WarlordNo
MundayKnightProfessor AddicusNanobot DruidXXX
SirviantisFather (L.F.U.-0)Parasyte Infested Time MachineXXX
SarsprillaLithoniel BloodfyreXXXXXX
Taleteller50PinoClockwork Construct ArtistNo
DoubleL1987 Rokuro Kazama Barbarian with a mech, who thought this was a good idea? No
Kaiya Zei Dungeon boss Yes
Kshnik J'san Slightly more cleverer gobbo XXX
TheGoodDoctor Tolkien Whaddya mean, necromancer? I'm insulted, I'm sooo much more! XXX
Admin Dirk Malifeek Revenant dark sorcerer Yes
Battlefries Indigo Eventually benevolent space dictator XXX
Monad Rene Mad scientist/victorian noble/small child XXX

So, I'm not sure if the "complete?" column is up to date, hard to really be sure...

@Alphaeus: I'm honestly wondering if you're still willing to go through with the game. I feel like you've been awefully quiet in the thread. Nothing wrong with that, but I just wonder...
Old 10-26-2019, 11:07 PM
<3 M

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 522
xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire
Old 10-27-2019, 12:29 PM
Damn the Torpedoes!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9318
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Poke me if you want a PDF copy of the character sheet, otherwise I'll have an RPGX sheet up...tonight?

Name: Kaldra
Race: Primitive Human
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (leaning Evil)
Class: Slayer 12 (Guerilla)

Background Narrative:

Personality:

Physical Description:

Last edited by Ziether; Today at 03:54 AM.
Old 10-27-2019, 04:56 PM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3741
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
@Questions and Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monad View Post
@Alphaeus, I'll have an application up soon, just an FYI.

To ask an incidental question that slipped my mind- what's your tolerance level for undead/conjured companions?
Anything goes. That said, companions in general are going to be difficult to keep track of sometimes. As much of a liability as a boon. Fair warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirviantis View Post
@Alphaeus: I'm looking through feats now, and I came upon the following question: If I take Arcane shield would I be able to pay a spell point instead and have it count as a 6th level (according to table: Spherecasting and equivalent spellcasting)
That's absolutely fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monad View Post
@Alphaeus, Alright, my character's personality is done- well, the first draft, at least. The rest should be done tomorrow or the day after. Hopefully, that leaves enough time for feedback . Given I'm a new player- do you want an example of the prose I'd typically use in a game post, Ie, just a small anecdote or something?
Yes, thank you. That would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirviantis View Post
Oh, another something popped into my head: I wanted to use a shield (to offset being squishy like spongebob) But I don't want to have to lug about a shield all the time. The glamered special ability allows armor to appear as something different, but can I use it to disguise my shield as something, say an arcane focus? Can I then use the same shield as an arcane focus. I know that clerics can use paint their holy symbol on their shields to use their shield as divine focus, so I don't consider it to be unbalanced or anything.

Follow up question: since I like the idea of a reliable personal flying vehicle I wanted a 5'x5' flying carpet, can I reflavour it into an enchantment for the shield for the same price?
Screw using glammer and all that. Just reflavor some sort of arcane focus into a shield. I trust you'll use logic. Normal rules for both will apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleFries View Post
Sorry for the additional post, but I just want to make sure this gets seen, but are we buying gear for our characters on our character sheets? If so, what kinds of magic items are allowed, and how many? And if we're doing this, how much gold do we get? Is it the standard gold for level 12 characters on the Pathfinder SRD, or is it a different amount?

Again, my apologies for all of these questions that should probably have easy answers. If I missed the answer to this question as well, then I'm terribly sorry. Personally, I'm on the Autism spectrum at a place where things that seem obvious to many people don't quite seem that way for me, so that's me trying to explain my silliness. Not trying to excuse it, just trying to be understood. Thank you all for your patience.]

EDIT: Also, do we roll for HP, or do we take the average of each hit die, like in DnD 5e? (So sorry! It's been a while since I've been in a Pathfinder game)
Yes, you are buying gear if you choose to make a char sheet. Anything goes for items. Gold is standard level 12 PFSRD amounts. HP is rolled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthas View Post
Alphaeus
I've been pondering this game awhile and I'm thinking of creating a character application. For that, while perusing classes, I have a question.

For the Gunsmoke Mystic I'm trying to figure out the reading of Flowing movements.

"At 1st level, a gunsmoke mystic gains Rapid Reload as a bonus feat, even if she does not meet the prerequisites, and applies that feat to any firearm she wields. At 5th level, a gunsmoke mystic can reload a two-handed firearm as if it were a onehanded firearm, and a one-handed firearm as if it were a hand or light crossbow. "

So with Rapid Reload and then the 5th level bump up, am I reading this correctly in that that would then make a two handed firearm being reloaded in a move action?

Also, I may have missed it, but what firearm cultural level are we looking at here, advanced or just early, very rare, emerging, etc?
I'm not sure about the RAW here. It is rather vague. That said, my ruling is that you have the correct understanding. As to tech levels...remember this is a superverse. Some universes don't have anything beyond simple weapons. Others have future tech. You have all that and everything between. You choose. And if nothing in the SRD seems to fit, brew something up and run it by me.

Business as Usual, Posting Normal
Old 10-27-2019, 05:02 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 486
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
HP is rolled.
Wait, what? Are we allowed to take the average instead?
Old 10-27-2019, 05:03 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Librarian Librarian
Are firearms still exotic weapons? Sorry if you've already answered this.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:11 PM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
@Everyone

Notice:

I've got a wonderful pile of apps here. I'm CLOSING APPLICATIONS.

***If you have already posted, you can finish your applications. I'm not starting the one week deadline quite yet due to a number of WIPs. But it will likely start soon at this point.

@Sirvantis

Yes, I definitely am. I tend to prefer batch-posting in these threads to tons of smaller replies. Makes it easier for people to find what I said.

Old 10-27-2019, 05:13 PM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
Kaiya

For the sake of the somewhat chaotic feel of this game, we're rolling it. I will say you can re-roll any 1s and 2s, tho.

Librarian

Firearms are either exotic or martial. Depends on the context for your character. Use good judgement on that.

Old 10-27-2019, 05:19 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Librarian Librarian
Oh. Well. You've closed applications so I guess it's moot. But I hope everyone has fun! It looks like a great campaign!
Old 10-27-2019, 05:24 PM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
Oh. Well. You've closed applications so I guess it's moot. But I hope everyone has fun! It looks like a great campaign!
You posted, so I'm counting that!

Old 10-27-2019, 05:25 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 486
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
Kaiya

For the sake of the somewhat chaotic feel of this game, we're rolling it. I will say you can re-roll any 1s and 2s, tho.
I really wish youd mentioned that earlier. Itd have saved me a lot of time. Withdrawing interest.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:46 PM
<3 M

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 522
xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire xenavire
Just wanted to check if there were any issues with my app, considering it wasn't mentioned.