RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-26-2019, 03:26 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12606
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
The Struggle for Agsalia

Game NameThe Struggle for Agsalia
Game SystemStar Wars RPG
ThemeA small band of Rebels take on the forces of the Empire on a remote oceanic planet
FlavourA non-canon Star Wars action-adventure with plenty of drama, comedy, and combat
Plot Summary
General informationThe Struggle for Agsalia is centered around the adventures of a small group of PC heroes. You will play the role of new recruits to the Rebellion and the story will revolve around your characters. Generally speaking, the plot will involve the recent occupation of a backwaters, oceanic world called Agsalia - near Malastare, a day or so galactic east by hyperspace. The rebel presence on the planet starts off as relatively small, especially compared to the Imperial forces in the system. As usual, it will be a desperate struggle against daunting odds, but that's the way of the rebellion.

The player charactersThis is a Fantasy Flight Age of Rebellion game, so we'll be sticking to the classes and specializations from the red book. I'll also allow classes and specializations from the Edge of the Empire (white) book. We will be using Duty but not Obligation. I do not own any of the expansion books. Species not listed in the books can be acceptable with GM approval. Follow this link for a species guide.

No force-sensitive characters.

Important things to include: Other that your character sheet, please include the following.
  • Background: a couple of paragraphs
  • Motivation: what drives your character.
  • Personality: tell me a little about this person
  • Goals: personal or professional
  • Duty: starting value of 10
  • Portraits are a nice addition but not necessary. Include a detailed description if you don't have a picture.

Game specificsExpected posting rate: 2-3 times per week. Let's keep it lively!

Number of players: I'll accept 5 PCs, knowing that some people will flake.

Application deadline: November 9th is the cutoff for applications.

House rulesSome things to be aware of regarding this game.

Non-canon: I shall do my research regarding the Star Wars universe but the story and characters in this game will definitely be non-canon. If something I say exists or happens that differs from the accepted, canon lore, then my version stands. Consider this an alternate universe. I do not intend our story to involve canon characters or events.

Originality: Please portray original characters. Your character should not be a copy of some canon character. If your protocol droid acts and sounds exactly like C3P0, then you need to rethink your character idea.

The Force: Other than the destiny pool, the Force will not come into play in this game. No NPC will use the force. PCs may not be force-sensitive or Jedi, etc.

Quotes: You may quote the movies in the OOC thread but do not have your character spewing well-known lines of other characters such as Han Solo, Admiral Akbar, etc. I find that when players quote the movies, they break immersion and ruin the tension and atmosphere of the moment. It's uncreative. Write your own dialog. Furthermore, if somebody includes a quote in their in-character posts that is I'm not a Star Wars nerd, so if I recognize what you're saying as a quote, then most everyone else would too.well-recognizable, then I will impose a setback die on your next roll, cumulatively.

Applicants thus far
PlayerCharacterSpeciesClass and SpecialtyApp status
CharlesMPrechuusk VarrutTrandosianSoldier (sharpshooter)WIP
RacesWildDerran FlosanHuman??WIP
Superstrength79Koyi CholakkTwi'lekHired gun (mercenary)Complete
DemonSlayerKai Sias'urBothanEngineer (saboteur)Complete
AstraMichala CralHumanColonist (politico)Complete
AlatereTekura TamaarOnwattiTechnician (slicer)Complete
TouketsuGageChissTechnician (outlaw tech)Complete
RunetideLevin VortessHumanSoldier (medic)Complete

Last edited by girlplay; 11-07-2019 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:09 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3971
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
Awesome timing! I'd considered running an Edge of the Empire game, but don't feel quite confident enough with the ruleset to run quite yet. I'd definitely want to play in one though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlplay View Post
Furthermore, if somebody includes a quote in their in-character posts that is I'm not a Star Wars nerd, so if I recognize what you're saying as a quote, then most everyone else would too.well-recognizable, then I will impose a setback die on your next roll, cumulatively.
Dang, there goes all my hopes and dreams of dropping all my favorite prequel Obi-Wan quotes! xD

Last edited by Inuvash255; 10-26-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-27-2019, 02:40 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Hi Inuvash. Definitely one of the nice things about playing on a forum like this is that it's easier to look up rules at the table, so to speak, without it interfering with the flow of play. I'll never profess to knowing the rules inside and out but well enough to be able to adjudicate most things with maybe a little reminder by reading the section in the book to make sure I have it right. Besides, the game is setup for a narrative focus instead of strictly doing everything by the rules, which I like.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:50 PM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1388
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
Just a few questions:

1) Does Agsalia have a native species comparative to a space-faring species, or is it still a developing planet with only mundane wildlife?

2) Are we, the Rebels, trapped there or did we deploy? Are we military only?

I am considering either a Mrlssi Colonist (Scholar), or a Zeltron Technician (Outlaw) if either of those sound like a decent fit.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:01 PM
Some Believe in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2529
Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra
Yay, will try to get an application this week.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:50 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
Just a few questions:

1) Does Agsalia have a native species comparative to a space-faring species, or is it still a developing planet with only mundane wildlife?

2) Are we, the Rebels, trapped there or did we deploy? Are we military only?

I am considering either a Mrlssi Colonist (Scholar), or a Zeltron Technician (Outlaw) if either of those sound like a decent fit.
Hi Super. Good questions. Here are some answers:

1) Agsalia did not have an intelligent native species when it was found. The colonization of the planet was a joint Republic effort by Humans, Ithorians, and Gran. Then a corporation called WarrCo took over, then pirates took over, then the Empire took over. The wildlife on the planet is largely aquatic but does has some land species as well - mostly amphibians and birds. They are of animal intelligence only. The technology level of the planet is considered somewhat "low" compared to the average.

2) There are both Rebel civilian and military efforts in the system, though they have to operate mostly underground until some of the control of the system is wrestled away from the Empire. Coming and going from the system would be difficult but not impossible.

3) I'm not finding any information in the species guide or books about the Mrlssi. Zeltron seems okay, if slightly overboard on the charm abilities.

Last edited by girlplay; 10-27-2019 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:36 AM
The Puppeteer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 814
CharlesM CharlesM CharlesM CharlesM CharlesM CharlesM CharlesM
Application Complete

Prechuusk Varrut
Trandoshan
Soldier
Sharpshooter
BackgroundLike many other Trandoshans, Prechuusk's parents capitalized acquiring Jagannath through bounty hunting. There was no shortage of planetary governments, crime lords, and others who wanted someone captured or killed badly enough to pay well to have it done. So, Prechuusk learned to hunt first, by watching his parents work, and because of that, he was ready to take on a more active role once his body had grown to the task.

One thing that set Prechuusk and his parents apart from most of their kind was that they never hunted solely for sport. Ever. They were mocked because of that, particularly by the Trandoshans who made a practice of hunting slaves on one of the planets' moons. The fact was, though, that even though their targets weren't always of the highest value, they were abundant enough to make up for that. Preechusk's parents stood nearly as high in the Scorekeeper's favor as anyone. Their detractor never bothered to check on such things.

Once he came of age, Prechuusk left his parents and began forging his own destiny through the hunt. So, Prechuusk was raised apart from Trandoshan society while still learning what it was to be Trandoshan. A fact that doubtless aided him when it came time to convince the Wookies that he was on their side when he went to join their rebellion. His service to the rebellion had eventually brought him to his present assignment on Asgalia.
MotivationFor years the Wookies were the only people in the Hkassi system with representation in the senate despite the lobbying efforts of the Trandoshans. It was not until the Wookie’s rebelled against the Empire that the Trandoshans request for representation was heard. The Empire offered the Wookie senate seat to the Trandoshans in exchange for their assistance with putting down the rebellion; a job the Empire was seemingly incapable of doing themselves.

Much to Preechuusk’s dismay and to the shame of Trandoshans everywhere, in what was perhaps the worst political move his people had ever made, Trandoshan leadership accepted the Empire’s terms. The Scorekeeper could only see this as a failure.

It is Prechuusk's belief that key leaders in the Trandoshan government fell victim to the corrupting influence of the Empire's wealth and essentially sold out the people they had sworn to represent. So, rather than with his people to quash the Wookie rebellion, Prechuusk began looking for ways to aid the rebels in their struggle against the Empire. He has sworn to bring down the politicians who were responsible for trading away the freedom of their people for personal gain. He hopes that if his hunt is successful he will reclaim the Scorekeeper's blessing for his people.

PersonalityPrechuusk is a proud Trandoshan hunter. Like most Trandoshans, he believes that their God, the Scorekeeper tallies his successes and failures, and either blesses or punishes him based on that tally. This system of belief has made Trandoshans extremely competitive and Prechuusk is no exception. He approaches everything in life as a hunt. He is extremely patient; however, once he commits to something he acts decisively. There are some in the alliance who consider him reckless, but he knows what he is capable of doing and always balances the risks he takes against their potential consequences.

GoalsPreechuusk's goal is to bring the Scorekeeper's blessing back to his people. To that end, he is hunting the people who he believes betrayed the trust of his people and traded their freedom for personal gain.

DutyCombat Victory: Prechuusk knows that going after the Empire's best will eventually pit him against the scum that are responsible for leashing his people to the Empire.

Last edited by CharlesM; 11-05-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:49 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics

Thank you for the interest. If you have any questions about the setting, world, rules, etc. please feel free to ask, either on this forum or by private message.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:49 PM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1388
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
The Mrlssi were basically just a short, avian-like species that coveted learning and intelligence more than anything else. In Star Wars D20 they had weak strength, but high intelligence. I didn't realize they didn't have stats in the FFG game yet.

Link to info here

I will look over the list of species you provided and think about it. Zeltron is still a possibility, but Defel caught my eye when I glanced the list earlier. Not sure I could make that work, though, since their species info is somewhat limited and the only thing I have to work with is they make good assassins and like the taste of sentient species meat... so... not a good team player, haha

Last edited by Superstrength79; 10-28-2019 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Extra wording
Old 10-29-2019, 12:59 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
As for the Mrlssi, we would have to create their species' mechanics ourselves. That seems challenging to me to make sure it's balanced and also captures the species adequately. My suggestion would be to find something pre-defined.

Defel seems... controversial to say the least. I also think it's weird how they describe some of these races being basically supernatural - like being able to smell a drop of blood from 6 miles away.

Last edited by girlplay; 10-29-2019 at 01:04 AM.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1227
RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild
Background: You ever meet that one person, who drives you up the wall? Insane? But everything he does or says isn't really random, but turns out that he is quite right, 90% of the time? Yeah, that's Derran Flosan. Former Imperial Ground Scout. Decided one day that he no longer liked the way the Empire ran things, so went AWOL. Don't get him wrong, he wasn't a Rebel sympathizer. He just couldn't take one more day of doing the dirty work of the men and women in the upper tiers of society, and taking the credit for the grunt work.

One day, while enjoying a particular tasting Dewback steak, some Imperials made their presence known in the restaurant he was dinning in. They became loud, and obnoxious, like all officers of the Empire. When the proprietor went to settle them down, they assaulted him, and continued beating on him until his daughter came out, screaming for them to stop. She attacked one of the officers and struck him with a serving tray. They turned on her and held her down, with one of them drawing his weapon. "Assaulting an officer of the Empire is a serious offense, and the penalty is death". As he brought his pistol to bear, there was the sound of a blaster going off. Struck in the shoulder, he dropped his pistol, dropping behind the upturned table. The other three took that opportunity to release the girl and take cover as well. Standing there, Derran kept his blaster aimed at the table, and began speaking very clearly. "I'd not realized that the Empire was now about killing children." While the patrons began running, Derran disappeared into the crowd and left the area.

Now, he has been sought out by the Rebellion as a person who has no issues pulling the trigger on the Empire.

Motivation: Honest labor and integrity drive Derran
Personality: He sees the galaxy at large as a place to play. He doesn't shirk from confrontation, but he doesn't seek it out anymore. He sees fair-play as being about as useless as wings on a bantha. He does, however, view children as something to be protected.
Goals: Personal goal is to no longer have to look over his shoulder
Duty: starting value of 10 ?

Old 10-29-2019, 08:12 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
StarCommanderVong StarCommanderVong
I'm gonna express interest, and also presume that the Miraluka would not be allowed as a choice, even if they only had enough sensitivity for the Force-Sight?
Old 10-29-2019, 08:57 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCommanderVong View Post
I'm gonna express interest, and also presume that the Miraluka would not be allowed as a choice, even if they only had enough sensitivity for the Force-Sight?
Right, Vong. I'm askewing the Force basically altogether.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:41 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 201
lostwynter lostwynter lostwynter
So I've been considering joining as well since your post went up. Mostly considering a human medic. I was curious, is this before or after Yavin? Just trying to get a timeline idea.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:17 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostwynter View Post
So I've been considering joining as well since your post went up. Mostly considering a human medic. I was curious, is this before or after Yavin? Just trying to get a timeline idea.
Hi Lost. Let's say that our timeline starts immediately after the Battle of Yavin - like by a couple of months. The news has just started to trickle out via the holonet. The Empire is trying to cover it up that the Death Star was destroyed. Loyalists say that it's a hoax. Many people doubt that it's true. Alliance supporters are trying to use it as evidence that the Empire can be defeated. And so on...

Last edited by girlplay; 10-30-2019 at 10:19 AM.