RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-03-2019, 02:27 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12623
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
Updated my application with a character sheet. I took an extra 5 points of Obligation if that's allowed? I needed the extra credits to be able to afford the blaster rifle (I imagine, stolen from the Imperials).
It would work out in this system as a -5 to your starting Duty. So, 10 (starting) - 5 (for credits) = 5 Duty.

Last edited by girlplay; 11-03-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:46 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1347
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
I would appreciate some help actually BUILDING the character, if possible. I am familiar with the system but don't have galaxy at war (only got edge of empire).
Old 11-03-2019, 10:36 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
I would appreciate some help actually BUILDING the character, if possible. I am familiar with the system but don't have galaxy at war (only got edge of empire).
Hi Runetide. Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion are identical in most ways and are completely compatible with each other. So, you can build it as an Edge of the Empire character and the only thing that we really have to change is Obligation to Duty. Instead of taking on extra obligation, you'd lower your duty by the amount (if any) that you take as extra starting XP or credits.

When you have questions during the character building process, then feel free to send me a PM or ask it here. You can use secret text if you like. I realize that there's not a huge player base for the FantasyFlight games, so in a way most of us are new to the game and still learning.
Old 11-03-2019, 11:33 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlplay View Post
Hi Runetide. Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion are identical in most ways and are completely compatible with each other. So, you can build it as an Edge of the Empire character and the only thing that we really have to change is Obligation to Duty. Instead of taking on extra obligation, you'd lower your duty by the amount (if any) that you take as extra starting XP or credits.

When you have questions during the character building process, then feel free to send me a PM or ask it here. You can use secret text if you like. I realize that there's not a huge player base for the FantasyFlight games, so in a way most of us are new to the game and still learning.
Thank you. I'll try to get some more info together and may message you.

I was thinking about making a Droid, but at the moment I'm pretty sure I'd just end up making Claptrap for Star Wars

Last edited by Runetide; 11-03-2019 at 11:53 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:49 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2032
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Gageís application is complete!

Old 11-04-2019, 07:14 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1913
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Quote:
Good to know this is allowed! This game is a lot of fun, but it is basically impossible to purchase all the starting equipment you need. Case in point; the mechanic, who needs a 300 credits toolbox to use his primary skill... Some starting equipment based on career or starting specialization would've been a nice addition!

Old 11-04-2019, 10:03 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6224
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSlayer View Post
Good to know this is allowed! This game is a lot of fun, but it is basically impossible to purchase all the starting equipment you need. Case in point; the mechanic, who needs a 300 credits toolbox to use his primary skill... Some starting equipment based on career or starting specialization would've been a nice addition!
Yeah coming across the same problem. A slicing kit and a toolkit already takes me up to 850 credits.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Beginning characters start off very poor, it's true. Thankfully, as time goes on you'll be able to steal equipment from the Empire and the Rebel Alliance will give you stuff based on how much they respect what you've done for them. That's where duty comes into play. Slicer gear, for example, is rare and highly specialized, and therefore very expensive. Then again, so is a blaster rifle.

Last edited by girlplay; 11-04-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:38 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6224
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
@ girlplay- It’s not finished yet but just checking are you able to open the character sheet linked to my app?
Old 11-04-2019, 08:26 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Old 11-04-2019, 09:48 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatere View Post
@ girlplay- Itís not finished yet but just checking are you able to open the character sheet linked to my app?
Yes, got it. Nice format.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:16 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
I was able to complete building Levin using the Oggdude character builder. I think I got everything right but please if there's something off let me know.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:28 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
Old 11-05-2019, 08:29 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
I was able to complete building Levin using the Oggdude character builder. I think I got everything right but please if there's something off let me know.
I noticed that you have 3 ranks in Medicine. At character creation, you're allowed to take only 2 ranks in any one skill.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:36 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I noticed that you have 3 ranks in Medicine. At character creation, you're allowed to take only 2 ranks in any one skill.
Oh, sorry about that, wish it had flagged me. I'll fix it tonight!

Fixed! I took the xp I had spent from that 3rd rank in medicine and instead took Xenology.

Last edited by Runetide; 11-06-2019 at 07:14 PM.