RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-07-2019, 06:49 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6274
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
I think my application is complete unless I missed something.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:38 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12623
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Just as a notice to everyone: I don't typically get online on Fridays. That's "social life night" around here.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:32 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1963
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Thanks for the heads-up, and have fun !
Old 11-08-2019, 03:56 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1468
TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester
Application
right-aligned image

Name: DB-47

Species: Droid

Class: Ace (Pilot)

Motivation: To assist the Rebellion in defeating the Empire, as this was the last command of DB-47’s owner. (Quest)

Duty: Space Superiority: DB-47 dreams of flying the most advanced Starfighters in the galaxy and pitting itself against the most elite Imperial flyers.

Personality:
DB-47 is a droid, and as such has a flat personality that states facts more than opinions. However, it has begun to exhibit signs of a more eccentric personality as a result of its extended dealings with Gort, its deceased owner. DB-47 calculates probabilities and information at a rate much faster than any sentient being, as a computer, and with very little regard for personal feelings its auditory responses can often come off as sarcastic. DB-47 shows an irrational care and concern for the rights and protection of the downtrodden and innocent, perhaps as a result of its own status as a droid in the Empire.

DB-47 sees itself as an independent droid, free of ownership and thus free to make its own choices. DB-47 functionally ignores the fact that it has an active restraining bolt coded with its last master’s final commands.

Goals:
DB-47’s initial goal is to connect with the Rebellion on Agsalia, and from there do what it can to become a pilot and use its skills to assist in destroying the Empire.

More personally, DB-47 would like to do enough that it’s designation is as well-known as some of the famous droids in the galaxy. Hopefully if it accomplishes this goal, it can find freedom and not be constantly calculating the high probability that someone was going to scrap it for parts or try to assign it a much more menial task than destroying the Empire. DB-47 believes that it needs to better itself through mechanical upgrades, especially some of the more ancient elements of its frame. As a result of this, DB-47 is constantly on the lookout for new pieces and parts it can use to upgrade itself.

DB-47 has a secondary goal of ‘liberating’ any droids it comes across that it feels have computationally ‘evolved’ to the point that they should be independent, like DB-47. DB-47 will not put any of its other goals at risk for these other droids freedom, but if it does not hinder its other goals, it will seek to fulfill this goal.

Background:
DB-47 began its life as a DUM style pit droid on a speeder racing circuit. After decades of faithfully working on speeders, a mechanical failure caused one of the speeders to ricochet off of the course into the crowd, causing the death of several bystanders, and DB-47’s entire pit crew was scrapped as a result. Scheduled for deletion and disassembly, DB-47 was stolen by a smuggler as a part of a junkyard scam and sold to a small pirating company operating in the outer rim.

DB-47 was retrofitted as a mechanic to work on the pirates’ ship, The Ewok Bucket. During a failed raid, DB-47 crashed with the rest of the ship on the backwater planet Tattooine, where it was scavenged and fixed up by a Jawa caravan. These Jawas fixed DB-47 by cobbling together his parts onto the chassis of an ancient astromech droid, and then resold him as an ‘upgraded’ astromech droid with mechanic ability. DB-47 was purchased by Gort, a Trandoshan slicer with dreams of joining the rebellion.

Gort was less than pleased to discover that DB-47 had little to no piloting or astronavigational ability, but it wasn’t very challenging for Gort to install and upgrade DB-47 with these capabilities, so he did. Gort also affixed a custom built restraining bolt to DB-47 that allowed the droid independent thought and action, or so it thought. The restraining bolt was modified to be ignored by the droid but still shape and control its behaviors.

DB-47 and Gort began a strange relationship of near equals, the droid growing an almost personality as Gort chose not to perform any routine memory wipes and was constantly tinkering with DB-47’s programming. DB-47 took to its new life as a pilot and navigational droid with gusto, focusing on constantly bettering its piloting ability. Gort was very amused to discover that the droid had also installed a set of combat subroutines and cobbled a spare blaster into its chassis, and he dubbed DB-47 as his co-pilot and eventual co-Rebel.

Upon finally finding a connection to the Rebellion to join up, Gort took DB-47 and they blasted off towards Agsalia, a small planet with rumored connections to the Rebellion. Unfortunately for Gort, the situation upon landing on the planet was less than ideal. He was quickly apprehended as a rebel sympathizer and killed by the Imperial outpost. However, before he was arrested, Gort uploaded a new set of instructions to DB-47’s restraining bolt, instructing the little droid to join the Rebellion and do what Gort could not.

Edit: And that is complete I believe! Thanks for considering me!

Last edited by TheJester; 11-08-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:13 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
StarCommanderVong StarCommanderVong
Iiii totally forgot I put my interest in this...
Old 11-09-2019, 12:37 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2032
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCommanderVong View Post
Considering your username, thatís pretty ironic, lol.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:13 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCommanderVong View Post
You really know how to make a GM feel special, don't you?

Applications are closed.

Thank you all so far much for your time and effort in applying. I'll be inviting those players that I'd like to see join the Rebellion momentarily. And I'll be working on expanding the game thread with some appropriate material today as well. Please standby for further instructions.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:40 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
The following players are welcome to join the game: (Follow this link to the game forum.)

Astra, playing Michala Cral
Superstrength79, playing Koyi Cholakk
Runetide, playing Levin Vortess
TheJester, playing DB-47
CharlesM, playing Prechuusk Varrut
Old 11-09-2019, 04:52 PM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6274
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Congrats guys, may the force be with you!
Old 11-09-2019, 08:06 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2032
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Congratulations folks!
Old 11-09-2019, 10:32 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
StarCommanderVong StarCommanderVong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touketsu View Post
Considering your username, thatís pretty ironic, lol.
Nah, it'd only be ironic if this was a Battletech game.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:20 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1963
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Congratulations !