RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-30-2019, 02:31 PM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3651
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
Walk A Dying Earth

Walk A Dying Earth

Application Deadline: November 7th

The Game ItselfThe Game: An Apocalyptic Road Trip In A Sandbox USA

The Theme: Sandbox, Character-Driven, Modern Survival

The Story: It was the flu, if you can believe that. We knew it wouldadapt at some point; that's how viruses survive. The CDC had been warning people for years that the vaccines we used would eventually stop working. But not even they could predict what would come next. Almost overnight, the influenza virus produced a strain on par with the most virulent hemorrhagic fevers that washed in through the Mexican border and burned through the US like a wildfire. Symptoms started with normal flu symptoms and ended with bleeding from every mucous membrane that contained concentrated viral pockets.

Quickly dubbed the Mexican blood flu by the media, within weeks much of North and Central America was devastated by the virus, spread quickly through blood and bodily fluids. The first day, they found it in Mexico City. The next day, it had spread to most of Mexico, and many of the US border towns. Within a week, it had spread up and down the west coast and the Gulf of Mexico, and at the end of the second week, the death toll had reached nearly a hundred thousand. At the end of the first month, it was almost three million.

It was at this point that a second, more heavily-mutated strain was discovered, one that didn't immediately kill the infected. Instead, they would become walking virus cultures, minds broken, little more than zombies that were violent and would do anything to spread the blood flu. Roaming packs of infected took to the streets, bleeding from all over their bodies, attacking any and every living thing in sight. These quickly became known as Weepers, named such for the streams of blood pouring from their eyes.

After three months, the world had abandoned North and Central America. With nearly a third of the US population dead and millions more infected, the risk of a global pandemic had become too great to consider anything less than total quarantine. What little was left of the United States Government was holed up in quarantine zones, little more than tent cities under ruthless marshal law that functioned only because the people living their feared the horrors of the world more than the injustices of the camps. Our story begins in one of these quarantine zones, at Lake Hemet Campground, where several hundred people live in tents on the lake behind a makeshift wall.

The DetailsWalk A Dying Earth is an idea I've come up with pretty suddenly after hearing about the rumored "Mexican blood flu". It's a bogus rumor that Mexican immigrants are bringing in some kind of new TB strain that kills seven out of ten infected, and while that's probably some kind of xenophobic rhetoric, it sounded like a cool idea for a game. The game will be very much driven by the decisions the players make, and while I will be dictating the consequences and choosing encounters and whatnot, I have ZERO plans for how this will end. You could all die; you could all somehow cure the blood flu. Who can say? It's also possible that there will be very little combat, or tons of combat, depending on the choices made.

The Deadline: All applications must be completed by November 7th. The chosen applications will be announced within a couple of days after that, and I'd like to be ready to roll by November 11th; that gives us plenty of time to square character sheets away and get things organized and in order. This is subject to change, depending on when the game thread is created. I will be choosing between 4 and 6 applications to participate in the game.

The Commitment: All players will post within one week of a DM post. DM posts will be once or twice a week on average. If real life intervenes, I need notice; I don't want any missing players. For a first missed post without notice, I'll send you a private message, I'll assume control of your character, and the story will move on. If it happens two weeks in a row the character will be removed from the game and replaced. Same goes for players who chronically miss posts.

The ApplicationSources: For this game, we'll be using EngInAZ's 5E Modern ruleset, which is a pretty decent conversion if you've never checked it out. I've never run a game on it before, but I've seen it done successfully, and I think it looks promising. All characters will be Human or Human Variant. There will be some slight tweaks to the weapons and armor proficiencies of the classes, but that's really only important for the people I choose.

Your Application: In the application, please include your character's name, gender, race, class and alignment, as well as a good picture of them. Also include their background, and a description of what they look like and their personality. Then, write a brief biography on your character, and tell me how they ended up in the Lake Hemet Safe Zone. Also, please include a couple of relationships, like a partner, friend, or family member; they don't have to be present in the camp, but they can if you want them to be. Post your application here. I don't need character sheets just yet, but characters will start at level one, and stats will be determined using either Standard Array or 27 Point Buy.

And To Top It Off: To finish off your application, think long and hard about who your character is. Consider their flaws and ideals, their likes and dislikes, and what makes them who they are. Then decide on a that character's theme song! Include a link to a YouTube video for that song so I can listen to it; I find things like that can help me get a better sense of the character. I personally run a character named Azraeth Galalo in starscream205's The Lich Relic game; he's a Half-Elf noble warlock with a pretty tragic past. He can be a very melancholy person at times, but he wants to be worthy of the power he has been given. His theme song is Rabpit's Dream. Don't feel like your character's theme needs to be classical, though-- I've played my fair share of characters whose theme would probably be something by Avenged Sevenfold!

Questions & Answers
"Are you psychic?" Nope.

"Will we need to account for starting equipment and wealth?" No; you'll be starting with minimal equipment and picking up what you can along the way.

Finished Applications
Player Character Name Class Theme Song Status
Odyssey Garrett Kovavh Fast Hero Jaymes Young -- "I'll Be Good" Complete
GNOME Jack Fast Hero Jazz Noir Complete
PopCultureBard TBA TBA TBA Interest
Drachenspirit Caoimhe Cathasaigh Smart Hero Pink -- "Just Like Fire" Complete
Berith Ya Ping Jiang Fast Hero Morphine -- "You Look Like Rain" Complete
StarCommanderVong Elspeth Logan Fast Hero Random -- "So Alive" Complete
mjb Kyle Morring Tough Hero Sixx AM -- "Life Is Beautiful" Complete
Begon Ugo Adrik Volkov Strong Hero Johnny Cash -- "Hurt" Complete
Retry Apollo Williamson Tough Hero Uncle Lucius -- "Keep the Wolves Away" Complete
Dargos Tim Richter Tough Hero Steppenwolf -- "Born To Be Wild" Complete
Treble83 Arthur Bishop Dedicated Hero Chris Thomas King -- "Why Blues" Complete
MaximumUnicorn Lucy Martinez Charismatic Hero Steam-Powered Giraffe -- "What We Need Are Some Heroes" Complete
JimFaindel Noé Dávila De la Torre Dedicated Hero Shawn James & The Shapeshifters -- "Through the Valley" Complete
cookieyummy Zoe Mylie Smart Hero Halsey -- "Gasoline" Complete
In The Mix Kelli Telfur Tought Hero Christina Aguilera -- "Fighter" Complete
Knightfall Lincoln Hutchinson Charismatic Hero We As Human -- "Sever" Complete

Last edited by ParzivalFair; 11-07-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:50 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4037
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
WOAH! This is a neat idea! You even have a place for a theme song ;_; that's brilliant. I usually add a song to an app from time to time, but huzzah! A nice little home for it! *cough* anyway, I might throw my hat into the ring if an idea sparks that's good enough for this cool idea!

Application Progress: Completed

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Garrett 'Rett' Ko-va-cKovach
Race: Human
Class: Fast Hero (Gunslinger - Sniper)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Criminal - Mercenary [Retired]

Personality/Appearance: Garrett, or Rett to his friends, may look like a no nonsense and serious man, but in actuality, he has a wicked sense of humor and respects those who have the same. There’s no on-and-off switch with Rett, he plays hard and works hard, and has an intense competitive drive. He blames that on having-- or rather had an older brother. He's a bit of a risk seeker, but not without common sense-- he's just a bit addicted to the thrill. He has the biggest sum of pride in his ability to 'nick a rabbit's ears from a thousand yards away.' Rett will always take up the challenge of deadeye shot, especially on a bet.

Despite his quick wit, and his impulsive need to show those who doubt his ability what-for, there's a gloomy sadness that clings to him. The aura is always unspoken, and he denies it if anyone ever brings it up. Rett might push a little too hard to get things done, especially if he thinks its the right thing to do-- and he isn't afraid to get down and dirty to do it.

Rett stands at 6'2" with a powerful build. He carries himself in a way that's clearly military, but he lacks finer-cut edges of an officer. He says it's because he's 'a bit out of practice.' Rett wears a lot of earth tones, and doesn't care so much about his physical appearance aside from shaving regularly, and he keeps his brown hair short and out of the way.

History: Rett and his older brother, Jackson ‘Jack’ Kovach, were born and raised in the ever-mountainous region of Wyoming. His brother Jackson enlisted in the U.S. Army as soon as he came of age, and Rett followed him soon after. They both left to escape a difficult home life, and never looked back to that banana-yellow, three bedroom shack that used to be home.

The two brothers were deployed overseas and were in the military for several tours. It was as if they were born for it. Rett, especially, was driven and felt incredible dedication to his brothers in arms. He watched their backs from rooftops, windows, and towers. That was, until Rett was Dishonorably Discharged for going AWOL. Rett would tell you a different story and that his sergeant had it in for him-- all of what his sergeant had put into his report was bogus and twisted lies. Either way, his career was done. Just like Rett following his big brother into the armed forces, Jackson followed his little brother out.

Returning home was no cake walk. Rett’s options with a DD on his record effectively ruined his civilian life. He couldn’t vote and he lost all rights to government assistance of any kind. Bank loans were blocked. State and government work wouldn’t have him. Any kind of gainful civilian employment was an arduous task because most states require a background check. When they saw the black mark on his military record, they rejected him. College would be pointless and he couldn’t afford it anyway-- not without any assistance he could no longer get.

With nowhere else to turn, the two used their know-how and military skills to join a mercenary company. Things were looking up for the two, finally finding a place in the world where they belonged and could apply their skills. Rett was just glad to have a job that he was good at, and made money at it. He and Jackson lived that way for nearly a decade until the incident on the cargo plane turned Rett’s life into a walking nightmare. His brother was killed. The one person he relied on most. He vowed to retire...And then the virus hit hard. Garrett raced to toward a safe zone, but not without picking up a mother and her six year old daughter on the way. Hannah and her daughter Chloe were the only survivors, thanks to Garrett, to escape a violent riot. Garrett gathered up what was left of his life, took Hannah and Chloe with him and decided to, yet again start from scratch, using his skills to help people in Lake Hemet Compound.

Relationships: Hannah and Chloe Moore (in camp). Hannah is the single mother of six-year-old Chloe.

Theme Song: "I'll Be Good" - Jaymes Young

I took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; 11-03-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:56 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 861
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Place Holder
I'm VERY interested in this concept and I love the slow posting rate. In case anyone reads this and is like "Hey! That's the opposite of what he told me he wanted!", I have recently become involved in a couple of high post rate games. NOW, this is exactly what I can handle without overdoing it! LOL
Old 10-30-2019, 04:38 PM
Very Young Gnome

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 112
GNOME GNOME
Jack
right-aligned image
Name: Jack
Race: Variant Human
Class: Fast hero (Invastigator features on 3rd level)
Aligment: Neutral Good
Background: Invastiagtive
Personality Trait: There's nothing I like more than a good mystery.
Ideal: People. I help people who help me--that's what keeps us alive. (Neutral)
Bond: Someone I loved died because of a mistake I made. That will never happen again..
Flaw: I like keeping secrets and won't share them with anyone.
Description: Jack is average looking. He has a slim face with a slight stubble that won't grow any longer, his brown hair is usually unkept, but he tries to cut it once a month when it starts to bother him. If he could he would wear a plain trench coat with a fedora of same color, but current situation robbed most people of that kinds of choices. Instead he wears black pants on suspenders to now-not-so-white shirt.
Personality: Jack distanced himself from life long time ago, even before the pandemic. Back in a day he was a cheery guy who valued his family above everything, but with said family gone he became detached. In fact, the whole flu ordeal didn't affect his mental well-being that much. He did miss his work though, the one thing that kept him sane after his life was ruined.
Jack is prone to be nostalgic and has unique tastes. From combination of this two traits came his love for noir, a reason he became a private detective and moved to U.S.
Backstory: Jack came to U.S. from Central Europe about seven years ago. He won't say exactly why, but what little he slip out it had something to do with his wife. Something tragic. He struggled for couple of months in Manhattan, doing odd jobs here and there, not all of them legal. Somehow he managed to know who's where when he needed to and as natural progrecion he started to do private invastigation for a living (since illegal immigrants couldn't probably join police). Jack was lucky enough to be out of town when the major outbreak happened. He went on a buisness trip to a small rural village in the west for a case of runaway accountant, not that it matters now. Jack managed to stay afloat on his own for a while, avoiding bigger cities when he heared that most of the country collapsed. Wandering through the country he finnaly found himself at Lake Hemet, not really knowing what to do next.
Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEI2zet48Uc - not actually a single song, but this is what I listened to while writing all this.
I didn't roll for wealth since mods wrote about no dice rolling in ad thread so as equipment I only gave him armor, gun and some spare ammo.

Last edited by GNOME; 11-01-2019 at 07:24 AM.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:24 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17017
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Umm...The Stand + zombies, DnD5 edition? There is zero chance I could pass up taking a shot at this, especially with such a reasonable posting requirement.

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 10-30-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4007
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
I think I can do another game.........this sounds like fun!

I need to think of something cool and try to not fall into a typical stereotype character from a zombie movie. (tv show)
Old 10-30-2019, 06:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10646
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
WIP - Keeva
left-aligned image
Name: Caoimhe Cathasaigh "Keeva"

Race: Human

Class: Smart hero

Aligment: Chaotic Good

Personality Trait: I am incredibly slow to trust. Those that seem the fairest often have the most to hide.
Ideal: Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it. (Chaotic)
Bond: My life’s work is a series of books and articles related to a specific field - wolves of North America.
Flaw: People who can't take care of themselves in the world, adults, not children, get what they deserve.

Background: Adventurer - Park Ranger/Field Scientist

Description: Keeva is at first glance a "not so old" unassuming young woman. Those that have been along with her, or know her, fully realize she is something else entirely.
She is a 35 yr old "go-getter" standing at 5'8" tall with an athletic build and weighs about 140 1lbs. She has the complexion and Red hair fully indicative of her Irish lineage. She's almost always wearing cargo style shorts, calf-length gray socks, hiking boots, and fatigue type shirt, or a tank top if it's warm enough. She carries a ruck on a frame w/ assorted survival gear, a .45 cal semi pistol (if possible), and a large "Rambo-style" survival knife - all in full view.

Personality: Keeva is somewhat jaded against people. She's polite and nice, and helps those who want to learn how to survive and get by, but has little to nothing for those who don't. She's quick to help and protect children. Part of her believes people as a whole deserve what has befallen them.

Backstory: Keeva is a published Animal Biologist and Field Scientist, along with a Federal National Park Ranger - or she was. Her specialty and published work is all about wolves. Their ability to survive, and take care of their own, and be loyal to their own family to their death has aided to her jaded feeling towards people at large.
Early on, she grew up in the Ozarks of Arkansas to a transplanted Irish family of outdoors people, who both live off nature, and fought for it. It didn't take much for her to jump into her degree field and start on the path of looking after her most beloved and misunderstood animal - the wolf.
She's been divorced, bitterly, some 10 years back, and lost her daughter of 11 in the madness of the world killing flu. This has added even more to her calm demeanor in her outlook towards what is going on currently. She's a die hard survivor, and her skills in the wilds doing her research for months and months at a time, is what got her to still be alive to date.
She's been leading excursions out of the Lake Hemet zone when they are going into the Forests and wilds, not so much in civilized areas - though this is changing as mother nature starts to encroach on what was once civilized.

How I got here: The whole thing was over a month in before she got down off the ridgeline and found out it was even going on. First thing she did was respond to voicemails from her Sister about her daughter. She finally got through only to find both had succumbed to the virus by her Sister's husband, her brother-in-law. They said quick goodbyes, and he left to see to his parents, and Keeva... well, she knew there was no way she could get to her own parents and extended family, and it didn't matter as they'd either make it or they wouldn't whether she was there or not.
She had spent a few days watching a convenience store from several miles out atop her ridgeline blind and knew that was out too.
So, she crossed I-10 against her better judgement to see what this Lake Hemet encampment was all about. Her instincts said to head north to the Redwoods, but she didn't.
She wants to leave and set out on her own, but isn't quite sure how to do that yet.

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7uLC9UeTbw - It fits Keeva, though not from a "Party" aspect.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 11-01-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2875
Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson
Sounds like a great setting for a game! I'm full up at the moment (and hoping to get into Dargos' upcoming game), but thanks for posting the link to the 5e Modern Ruleset. Very cool stuff there...Added to the reading list!
Characters: Bifur Blacksteel: Lost Mine of Phandelver (5e) | Hlan Ironstar: Forgotten Realms: The Road Less Traveled (2e) | Lao Chen: The City of Endless Arenas (5e) | Rown the Steady: Horror on the Hill (BFRPG) | Kavis Kaal: Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus
Old 10-30-2019, 08:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7776
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Ya Ping "Jenny" Jiang
Class: Fast Hero
Alignment: Neutral
Nationality: Singaporean/Chinese

Background: Criminal/Student

Appearance: On the surface, there is little to distinguish Jenny from any of the thousands of stylish young professional women coming into their own in 21st century Singapore. Her Chinese ancestry is less diluted by Malay or European blood than many, but she still blends in perfectly throughout the nation, and in any other developed, urban area. Grey eyes constantly glued to her oversized mobile phone, Jenny prefers urban fashions in dark colors that afford easy mobility and places to conceal the tools of her trade. Pretty and fashionable, Jenny Jiang has exactly the kind of image that modern Singapore has embraced.

Personality: It's not easy for anyone, herself included, to isolate the "true" Jenny. After all, her entire life has been a blend of one overt life and one increasingly covert one. So she is a young, giggly woman in grad school who loves Instagram, E-sports, and European fashion as well as J- and K-pop, and she is also a calm, collected criminal who can give an order on her father's behalf to assassinate a rival or kidnap the family of an inconvenient businessman...but we can't really post that on Insta, though, can we?

Backstory: Singapore might be the most orderly and law-abiding place on Earth today, but despite decades of concerted effort, the Triads still dominate the city-state's underworld. Weakened, to be sure, and forced deeply underground, but it's often a mistake to think that the unseen thing therefore does not exist. To this, we will return later, lah? The Jade Mountain Triad has been the dark, beating heart of Singaporean crime for more than 150 years. But the dark heart itself has a secret. Secrets within secrets within secrets, this is the Way.

Jenny Jiang has lived the Way since birth. Her father is the 489 of the Jade Mountain, as was his father before him, going back five generations to its founding. Jenny's older brother will be 489, she has known this since she was born. It doesn't matter to her. Jenny was born for something different - Jenny will bring the Jade Mountain into the overt world, make it legitimate. The first Triad to be a national power. The first Triad to be a world power.

As soon as the midwife cleaned the infant Jenny and presented her to her parents, her destiny was set. She had a circular birthmark in the middle of her left heel, a very auspicious symbol in the most auspicious place. From birth, Jenny Jiang led a double life. She was an ordinary Singaporean schoolgirl. From adolescence, she was the 432 of the Jade Mountain, speaking with the Dragon Head's voice. As a young adult, after college, Jenny was sent to the US. Again, a double life, yin and yang. On the one hand, she was a graduate student, pursuing dual master's degrees in marketing and mass communications. On the other, her mission was to pursue and establish connections with Asian-American organized crime syndicates - both missions in order to extend the reach of the Jade Mountain Triad. Secrets within secrets within secrets. This is the Way. The Way did not anticipate the outbreak of plague midway through Jenny's second semester. The Way did not anticipate the panicked flight of Jenny and two of her friends to Lake Hemet Campground. The Way, like all things, must bend to Necessity.

Relationships:
  • Da Xia "Rebecca" Jiang, Jenny's identical twin sister
  • Madison Watson, Jenny's grad school friend (also in the camp)

Song: Morphine - You Look Like Rain

Last edited by Berith; 11-02-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:18 PM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
@GNOME, thanks for reminding me. And don't forget a background and such!

Don't worry about equipment or wealth or anything. You'll be starting in a camp with only a few things on your person, so the starting equipment and all is unnecessary.

Last edited by ParzivalFair; 10-30-2019 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:48 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
StarCommanderVong StarCommanderVong
I usually don't play humans. Too... Boring.

But the setting is interesting enough to make me throw my bandanna into the ring.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:20 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
StarCommanderVong StarCommanderVong
right-aligned image
Name: Sergeant Elspeth Logan

Class: Fast Hero (Daredevil)

Alignment: Lawful Good

Background: Military (British Army)

Personality: Elspeth is a hopeless romantic, viewing the world in the best possible light whenever she can, and always hoping the best of people. As the youngest child, she's never too appreciative when people try to talk over her. She get's a little... Punchy.
Despite that, Elspeth is a constant flirt. With everyone. Even if she's already dating someone (which she's not currently).
Elspeth has an odd ability to keep calm and collected during moments of high stress, but a tendency to freak out over inconsequential things going wrong. About to be shot in the head by people stealing their supplies? In the zone. Eggs have been on the stove 5 seconds too long? Time to freak.

Description: Elspeth stands at about 4'11, with a slightly stocky figure. She has pale skin covered in freckles from head to toe, with an oval face framed by bright red hair, and emerald green eyes.
She can commonly be found wearing tight jeans and a green shirt, with a pair of black knee-length steel-toe boots.

Backstory: Born in Aberdeen, Scotland, Elspeth was the youngest of 12 children, with 9 elder brothers, and 2 twin sisters. As such, she grew up constantly getting into tussles with her brothers, and quickly learned that once she was done, the best way to avoid retribution, from them was to be faster. So she practiced and ended up being one of the fastest runners in the family.
Her school-life was fairly easy, with the exception of a singular bullying incident in the 7th grade. The boy in question came to school the next week with a cast on his arm and an apology. Bike accident, was the official story, but her brother's did have a bit of a guilty look for a while afterwards. She ended up graduating at the top of her class, followed close behind by her sisters, Iona and Shona. While they went off to college, Elspeth decided to join the British Army.
While not the most interesting part of her life, Elspeth graduated from basic training and quickly rose in status, if not in rank. She became a Sargent after only 6 years of service as a member of an Infantry Reconnaissance Platoon, at which point she was selected to join the Special Reconnaissance Regiment, a mostly classified branch of the UKSF.
She graduated from training around the same time as her sisters graduated from college. As a celebration, the three Logan girls decided to take a trip to the United States, and visit the great city of Las Vegas. They were there for one week.

When they woke up in the morning of the final day, the city was being hit hard with the infection. Not being idiots, the three quickly payed their dues in the hotel and left the city, headed away from the Blood Flu. As both airports were already shut down due to quarantine, they decided it was best to find somewhere else to try and get home.
The sisters were too late, unfortunately, as many airports were already shut down by the time they reached it, leaving them stranded in the United States.

Two months of running passed before the sisters arrived at Lake Hemet, having survived purely due to Elspeth's SRR training. Elspeth herself was an obvious proof of usefulness, as was Iona, who had been in college to become a Veterinarian, while Shona was a tougher sell, with an education degree, until someone pointed out that they needed an archivist.

And there they stayed.

Theme: So Alive by Random (Feat. Aliya Sachi)

Image Source: Commission: Aubrey by JuneJenssen

Last edited by StarCommanderVong; 11-07-2019 at 06:20 AM.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:17 AM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2193
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
This seems fun. Never tried the modern rules. Thinking something like a small town mechanic who joined the army right before the outbreak as a way to better his life. Or something like that that gives me a Tough Hero/Techie build

Last edited by mjb; 10-31-2019 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:02 AM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2193
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
Kyle Morring
right-aligned image

Name: Kyle Morring
Class: Tough Hero with Techie at lvl 3
Background: Blue Collar
Alignment:Neutral Good
Personality:Friendly but sort of aloof. Enjoys hard work. It's meditative to him.
Ideal: Community. This is never going to work if we don't all help each other out. Im willing to give my all.
Bond: Lost a lot of people I cared for. But I have a few left and before I die Im going to help make something for them to last.
Flaw: Stubborn. It takes some convincing evidence or some very good points to make him change his plans.
Appearance: A slightly handsome man in his mid 20's Kyle has dark blond hair, greyish eyes and sturdy build earned from years of work and sports. He has a few scars he has earned in recent months and he dresses practically.

Personality:The type of introvert who managed to make friends relativly easy Kyle is the sort of guy who doesn't avoid company but enjoys being alone. Not that he doesn't like people. The opposite. It's just that he is a contemplative and quiet sort. Most of the time. He can get set on something and when he does it usually takes some good convincing to get him to change his mind once he decides what he is doing. He hates arguing though and will just try to end the conversation and go do his own thing. But aside from that he is usually pleasant to be around. He no longer drinks do to not liking who he is when drunk. Seeing so many die while he has lived has given him a sort of quite gratitude for what they still have but with fatalistic undertones. He sort of thinks he is going to die sooner rather then later but he wants it to be worth something for those left behind.

History: Kyle is from a small country town. He was the sort of kid who played varsity but never well enough to go pro or get a scholarship. Which was fine for him as he spent most of his time helping his father out in their mechanic shop. Sure it was mostly cars but his old man taught him to fix pretty much anything mechanical. Never had the money for school or anything anyway. He did that for about five years after graduation before he decided he wanted something more. So he joined the army. They educate you to right? He could be one of their engineers and fix their tanks or whatever. It was about about half way through Phase lll of basic that things sort of fell apart in the world. His camp was overrun mid evacuation. One road trip later and he had managed to pick up his die hard father and make it to Hemet. Crazy old man had tricked out an old van in to something out of a Mad Max movie. They picked up a few other survivors on the way and Kyle has come to care for them.

Relationships: His Father: Jason Morrings is a good humored man. Lived in a small town his whole life and never wanted more. A skilled mechanic he got to Lake Hemet in a tricked out doomsday van he made himself. It made it almost to Hemet.

Richie: Kyle's friend since high school Ricky was one of the people Jason Morring was able to grab when things went south. An aspiring ladies man. Other then that a decent enough sort. Not handling the outbreak as well as his friends though.

Theme: How about Life is Beautiful By Sixx AM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjX2KYuAJcA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kyle.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	82080  

Last edited by mjb; 11-01-2019 at 05:14 AM.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:29 AM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
@StarCommanderVong: Just remember that if you're going to put something in SECRET tags, you have to add my username in, or I won't be able to see it since I doubt technically have DM privileges to this thread.