RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-04-2019, 12:08 PM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3973
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
Looking good, prolios.

I will say to you, though, Jim_Faindel, if he received any kind of publicity as a possible cause of the blood flu outbreak, especially something as damning as a conviction, he'd probably be dead by now. It's a solid character, but his sort of being the face of the blood flu would make it virtually impossible for him or the group to interact with other groups of survivors. There isn't anybody on the North American continent who hasn't lost somebody to the blood flu, so I doubt there'll be a lot of forgiveness coming his way, even if he didn't technically create it.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:44 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4793
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Huh, that actually sounds quite logical

I've got two possible solutions to address this, which I'll present to you via secret text now

Old 11-04-2019, 03:22 PM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair

Last edited by ParzivalFair; 11-04-2019 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:54 PM
Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1743
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
Okay, I think Lucy is done pending review. I know picking a member of the US Government was a risk in this one, so let me know if anything needs to be changed/added to fit the narrative.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:07 PM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, looks good. Are there any among those relationships you'd rather have in the camp versus those who are missing or dead?
Old 11-04-2019, 07:53 PM
Hunter of the Wumpus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Knightfall Knightfall
right-aligned image

Name: Lincoln Hutchinson

Race: Human

Class: Charismatic Hero

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Background: Law Enforcement - RCMP Negotiator

Personality Trait: I hate conflict, if a fight has to happen, it should be one heck of a reason.

Ideals: Charity. I can't stand by and watch people suffer.

Bonds: Beurocracy has let me down, but the people around me did not. My devotion is solely to those around me who need help.

Flaws: Long nights and even longer days has made me dependant on anything I can find to keep me going. Drinking, Amphetamine, Caffeine, doesn't matter.

Appearance: Lengthy dark brown hair frames a slender face. He seems athletic enough, or at least that he once was, but weeks of running on fumes and exhaustion has taken its toll on him. His eyes are a blue/green and his skin is fair. He rarely wears anything except his uniform or tactical gear.

Personality: Lincoln is rarely unkind or mean, he always tries to help out and he is often bustling around doing what he can to help. The reality is though, there are two Lincolns. As his hours of sleep grow less, or other substances grab hold, he can become short and less in patience. That being said, the nice Lincoln still is there, just battle tends to wage on who controls.

History: Lincoln comes from the North, far north actually. When the Mexican Blood Flu struck at the American Border, Canada jumped straight into action and sent a detachment to help any way they could. As a Negotiator, it was thought Lincoln could use his people skills to help on a personal level. Unfortunately when the second mutated version hit and the quarantines went up, travel was closed down and all border crossing was closed off. He was stuck in a foreign land with no way out. Much worse, his sister back in Canada is lost to him. With no way to communicate or know if the infection has spread there too. It worries him. Keeps him awake at night.

Before the epidemic, life was simple for Lincoln. He spent his time as a beat cop in Toronto. He lived with his younger sister since their parents died shortly after he graduated from police academy. After an odd situation involving a drug house and a hostage while on his night shift, he was able to talk the situation down and he was suggested for negotiator training. Shortly after completion he went to work for the RCMP. That was three weeks before the outbreak.

When the outbreak hit, he didn't mind volunteering to help, but he also didn't have a choice. Lowest in seniority he would have been forced to go. Soon he shipped out to Southern California. Sounded great. Things were not great when he got there. Now, three months later, he has been quarantined in Lake Hemet. No way out in sight, except, maybe in a body bag.

Struggles have come his way, some from the outside, most from the inside. Lincoln notoriously hates conflict, and yet the Battle he fights all day is the one with himself. Struggling to find anything to keep him going, he has found himself in bottles. Both glass and plastic. He fights a deathly battle with the Mexican Blood Flu but the fight that might kill himself is the one with addictions. He has to find a way to end that part of him.

Relationships: His sister - Toronto Canada

Breada - the other Canadian in the camp, in charge of local Canadian supplies. This is his primary contact for receiving any medication that he uses for things like "sleep aids". She suspects he has an issue, but also sees how much he helps while awake and so turns a blind eye, all be it voicing concern.

Theme Song:Sever - We As Human

Last edited by Knightfall; 11-04-2019 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 02:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4057
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
I believe my application is complete.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 863
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
I believe Arthur Bishop is complete.
Old 11-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I have to ask. Is the name of this game in anyway related to the Dying Earth series that is so pivotal to early D&D ?

The Dying Earth.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:58 PM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargos View Post
I have to ask. Is the name of this game in anyway related to the Dying Earth series that is so pivotal to early D&D ?

The Dying Earth.
Not only is it not inspired by that, I've never even heard of that! Looks neat, though.

To be honest, I made up this entire scenario sort of on the fly, and named it that way, too. The name has been something of a point of internal contention for me; "Walk A Dying Earth" sounds cool as hell, but I don't really feel it describes the game scenario. Neither the earth around them, nor the larger Earth around them, is actually dying here (one might even argue the blood flu might be the Earth trying to solve its human infestation), so I kind of wish I'd named it something else. I'd already put the game ad up when I realized it, though, so... here we are, lol.

Last edited by ParzivalFair; 11-05-2019 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:26 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4037
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
I dunno, I think it sounds serious and dope as heck!! who knows, maybe the players picked will seriously eff up, and then it will be the earth in serious crap haha

Side note....I'm going to read those now. That series sounds neat!

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old 11-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Hunter of the Wumpus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Knightfall Knightfall
PHILOSOPHY ALERT:

It kind of depends on who the title is in the perspective of though? I mean, if from the earth or world population, then no. The earth is not dying and basically everywhere but the Americas are fine. But if you go from the perspective of the characters? To them, their entire world is dying around them. Everything they've ever known is fading away. How isolated they would feel. How hopeless. Their world, their earth, their hope: it's all dying.

Now back to your regularly scheduled forum conversation. Thank you for your patience.

Last edited by Knightfall; 11-05-2019 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParzivalFair View Post
Not only is it not inspired by that, I've never even heard of that! Looks neat, though.

To be honest, I made up this entire scenario sort of on the fly, and named it that way, too. The name has been something of a point of internal contention for me; "Walk A Dying Earth" sounds cool as hell, but I don't really feel it describes the game scenario. Neither the earth around them, nor the larger Earth around them, is actually dying here (one might even argue the blood flu might be the Earth trying to solve its human infestation), so I kind of wish I'd named it something else. I'd already put the game ad up when I realized it, though, so... here we are, lol.

The name is cool no matter what.

I just came across this series in a D&D video talking about the old days and the influences. Figured maybe it was a nod on your part.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:19 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4037
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightfall View Post
PHILOSOPHY ALERT:

It kind of depends on who the title is in the perspective of though? I mean, if from the earth or world population, then no. The earth is not dying and basically everywhere but the Americas are fine. But if you go from the perspective of the characters? To them, their entire world is dying around them. Everything they've ever known is fading away. How isolated they would feel. How hopeless. Their world, their earth, their hope: it's all dying.

Now back to your regularly scheduled forum conversation. Thank you for your patience.
*thoughtful stare into the middle distance* Huh. Well, I mean, you ain't wrong! Makes sense to me!

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old 11-05-2019, 08:51 PM
Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1743
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParzivalFair View Post
Yeah, looks good. Are there any among those relationships you'd rather have in the camp versus those who are missing or dead?
I would have to say that Candice would make the most sense for this, especially considering Lucy's Bond.