User Statistics
RPXP: 5336
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Roranapour

Game NameRoranapour
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeCrime lords fighting for power
Flavourgrim, violent, morally grey
Plot SummaryIt’s been thirty five years since a dying port town was transformed into a city of vice. The only reason this city has avoided being swallowed by its neighbors is because everyone in this room had the same mutual interest. To keep our volatile work from the public eye, to provide shelter for the cooked and twisted. We make the rules of this rotten world we desire. No place is more exclusive, more exotic, more exciting than our little heart of darkness. That is this city. That is Roranapour. The only reason it has flourished as it has is because we overcame our differences and cooperated with each other. If we backstab each other for personal profit, what do you think will be left standing in the ring when the dust settles? The answer is nothing ladies and gentlemen. Not me, not you, not even the ring.

Welcome to Roranapour, the lawless coastal city which has a green dragon for a king, crime lords for nobles, and a lich for an arch mage. You have been sent here by the Bastards, an adventurer guild based in Jukes to the north. Originally formed of bastard sons, third sons, deserters, and outlaws, the group grew in prestige until it attracted more reputable members, but the Bastards will still take anyone who can swing a sword, pick a lock, or cast a spell. Your orders are to establish a branch in Roranapour to extend the guild’s influence by gaining financial, political, and martial power. Will you clean up the city and bring the wicked to justice, build your own criminal empire, or die in the gutter? Only time will tell.

I’m looking for five players. You’ll be starting at level one. Stats will be 2d6+6. No character sheet required until after you’ve been selected. Deadline will be November 20th
Sourcescore rule book, xanathar’s guide to everything

Application formatName
Description
Race
Class
Alignment
Background
trait
Ideal
Bond
Flaw
Backstory. The more you give me here, the more likely I am to use it in the story. You might get an entire quest about yourself.

About alignment: anything is allowed HOWEVER your character is a person who managed to live in society, join a guild, and earn enough clout to be sent on this mission. You know how to work with others and you are not a crazy psychopath. You can be selfish, ruthless, even sociopathic, but you understand that actions have consequences. In other words, play nice with the other characters. Also keep in mind that Roranapour may not have laws, but it does have unwritten rules. If you rob someone who pays a crime syndicate protection money, they will come after you. As for the good aligned characters, you are going into a city ruled by criminals and murderers, so if you go around smiting evil, you are going to end up crucified. Keep that in mind.

What to expect

This is a homebrew game in it's own world

Political intrigue. There are a lot of powerful people in the game that the party will interact with who will want different things from the party. Who the party supports and how successfully they support them will shape much of the game

Theater of the mind. I won’t be using maps or battle maps in this game, but I will give detailed descriptions of rooms and enemy positions. You are of course free to make a map if you like.

I can post everyday but you are only required to post once a week. If a week goes by without you posting and we are waiting on you, I will take control of your character until you return to keep things moving. If you are gone for two weeks without a post, I will assume you have left and seek a replacement.

If you don’t like your character, or they die, you can make a new one. The nature of the game allows characters to be switched in and out between missions.

Experience can be gained separately from each other so it is possible for you to end up with varying level. Basically anything you do while separated from the party will not gain the party experience and vice versa. Anything that happens when the party is together is shared with the party, so don’t think you only get experience if you deliver the killing blow or disable the trap.

Last edited by Togot; 11-02-2019 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:47 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
PlayerCharacterRaceClassStatus
StoneSung Casimir EvinsoHumanWarlockincomplete
TouketsuAurelia DraxusHalf-ElfRogueComplete
Knightfall Aiden HumanRogueComplete
Bhelogan Carric LiadonElfRangerComplete
BadMoon Kassan NikosHumanSorcererincomplete
HuhartVoorheesHumanClericComplete
GNOME Logen Daselsom DwarfFighterComplete
Grouchy RedeyeHalf-ElfFighterComplete
WyromBarduck Ninel GnomeWizardComplete
JoriaTyphoonTieflingSorcererComplete
KhamLuc Beneth RoussossHalf-OrcClericComplete

Last edited by Togot; 11-09-2019 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:03 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19630
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Posting rate for the game?
Old 10-31-2019, 10:27 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Bhelogan, As stated in the what to expect section, at least once a week
Old 10-31-2019, 10:44 PM
Hunter of the Wumpus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Knightfall Knightfall
Interested. If not tonight, I'll have an app up by tomorrow
Old 11-01-2019, 02:02 AM
Paladin at Heart

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1003
StoneSung StoneSung StoneSung StoneSung StoneSung StoneSung StoneSung StoneSung
WIP

Dealer of FaithName: Casimir Evinso
Race: Human
Class: Warlock
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Description: Casimir is covered from head to toe in clothing. His short, white robes are accentuated by streaks of yellow, as well as silver trinkets inlaid with crimson gem-stones. His trousers are as black as his robes and plain, tucked neatly into dark leather boots. From his head flows long auburn hair, tied neatly at the back with an embroidered piece of cloth. His face is obscured by a porcelain mask, mimicking a dolls face with two blank eyes, a nose, and a mouth curved into a small smile. Lowering from the mask is a silver-scale gorget, covering his neck entirely. On his hands he wears simple white gloves, stained by ink and splotches of blood. He bears a wooden staff, topped with an iron idol depicting two snakes devouring each others tails, dried blood rests at these sites of contact between the two.

Personality:

Ideal:

Bond:

Flaw:

"Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Last edited by StoneSung; 11-02-2019 at 02:24 AM.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:51 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2022
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Is this setting loosely based on Roanapur from Black Lagoon at all? Just curious; I love the concept .

Last edited by Touketsu; 11-01-2019 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:54 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Aurelia, the Dancing Blade
right-aligned image
Aurelia Draxus
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Swashbuckler (XGtE)Rogue
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Criminal
Appearance: Aurelia was gifted with the fine features normally seen in nobility; excellent skin, shining, raven black hair, high cheekbones and full lips. Her eyes are a dark, deep brown that masks a fiery and unbridled spirit. Standing 5' 7", Aurelia is actually somewhat tall for a half-elven woman, emphasized further by her relatively slender build. Despite her small frame, Aurelia is surprisingly muscular in a lean, agile way, developed by her years devoted to the sword and to dance.
Personality

StoryBackstory:

RP Sample:

Last edited by Touketsu; 11-01-2019 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Touketsu, that was an inspiration for the game, yes
Old 11-01-2019, 01:20 PM
Hunter of the Wumpus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Knightfall Knightfall
right-aligned image
Name: Aiden (Sidney) Rothwind

Description: Aiden is about 5'11, average build. Being on a ship, Captain or not, requires everyone to work. There is no time to be passive. He hands, you would think to be covered in callouses, but to be honest he wears gloves most of the time, so they aren't that bad. Tanned skin brings out the blackness of his hair as well as the deep sea Blue eyes that highlight his face. Rugged is one way to put his description though that isn't to say messy. He keeps himself well. His hair is rarely out of sorts and he walks with a coolness and swagger that rarely goes along with someone who isn't at the peak of confidence. He is boisterous and roudy at times, enjoys to have fun and drink, but when on his own, he can seem distant as if contemplating or lost in thought. Though unnoticeable is not a word to usually describe him, he can go unnoticed when it seems good to him to do so.

Race: Human
Class: Rogue
Alignment: CN

Background: Sailor (Pirate)
Trait: To me, a tavern brawl is a good way to get to know a new city.

Ideal: Mastery: I am a predator and the other ships on the sea are my prey.

Bond: I'll always remember my first ship

Flaw: Once I start drinking, it's hard for me to stop.

Backstory: So the name Sidney, or Sid as many call him, is a given name that he has placed on himself. To get to the reason, we have to go back about 3 years.

Aidan was a young Captain of a fledgling ship that soon rose almost to the ranks of a Flagship in the armada of ships under "The Black Lash". The Black Lash was/is a group of ships and their captains that control or know of just about everything that goes in and out of the ports all along the coast. An empire of piracy given to murder, shakedowns, bribes, buyoffs, thievery, piracy, and every other assortment of lowlife profit that you can imagine. It is run by a council of pirate captains called the Black Council which is mostly secretive though those in higher positions in the Black Lash know or suspect who they are. Of course, he was in consideration for a spot on the council.

Enter Vane. An equally young new upstart whose rise would have stood alone as an achievement, but add in his second name and the whole thing makes more sense. Dionokte. Yes, the bastard son (redundant when talking about pirates, I know) of none other than Captain Rog (Rogwhin) Dionokte, one of the most prominent captains on the Black Council The only of his sons who exuded his own penchant for cruelty, malice, and just general black heartedness.

Well suffice to say, when one works in the throat cutting business, the behind the scenes can get pretty cut throat. To cut a long story short, Vane stowed away with a group of loyal sailors and, just off the coast of a barren coast, stabbed Aiden in the back (literally) and shoved him into the sea, dagger still in his back.

3 agonizing nights later and a local barber as a doctor, he mananged to just survive. Making his way a couple months later to civilization, Aiden joined the ranks of The Bastards, buying his time, waiting for his moment. 3 years later he has changed his name to Sidney to avoid suspicion from previous counterparts. 3 years later he now sits in a bar, in the very town that is home to the upper echelon of The Black Lash, buying his time, waiting for the moment that that dagger (really more of a short sword) that was plunged into his back can find its proper home in the gut of that pitiful jerk: Vane Dionokte.

Last edited by Knightfall; 11-01-2019 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togot View Post
Touketsu, that was an inspiration for the game, yes
Awesome; I’m in love with this game already, ha ha.

Another question; how high level do you see characters getting throughout the story? If I were chosen, I’d maybe want Aurelia to multiclass later on into a College of Blades bard (if you allowed multi classing of course).
Old 11-01-2019, 06:11 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
Also, Aurelia’s app is complete! If you’re providing feedback, I’d be happy to receive it!
Old 11-01-2019, 06:52 PM
⦓ Breathe The Dark ⦔

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3651
ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair ParzivalFair
Nice, loved Black Lagoon. My plate's full right now, but it's a neat concept.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:59 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19630
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan

Application
right-aligned image

What? You would like me to answer a few questions so that you can generate my profile to match against potential romantic interests? Fine, I'll bite. Ask your questions.

Name: The poster over there has it right, Carric Liadon

Race: The pointy ears should really give it away. An Elf of course. Not one of those dirty Wood Elves either. Some call us the Moon or Silver Elves. Others just the High Elves

Class: Top of it! No really, some call those with similar skills Rangers. Sure, I can find my way around the woods just fine, but I prefer to use my skills in the shadows of the streets. Picking pockets isn't my game though. No, information or bounties is what I am after.

Alignment: Laws are constructs given to keep order. Often times they are great, but you don't get ahead by following them all the time. If it isn't hurting someone else, I say go for it. Unless, of course, you happen to be a lawbreaker yourself. Then, we might as well bend as needed to deal with your ilk.

Physical Description: Tall, rugged, handsome, pointy ears, silvery brown flowing hair. But isn't that most elves? No, what really makes me stand out is that bedazzling seductive stare I can conjure with my green eyes. You would be surprised how many free meals I can charm my way into.

Background: This one is a bit tricky. You see, I use to work in the shady business of hunting down and locating undesirables in <random large city in your homebrew world>. You can't do that without contacts on both sides of the law. As you can imagine, I might have gotten myself into a sticky situation when a powerful client didn't like the truth that I revealed to them. That has forced me to find employment somewhere else.

Personality Trait: I'm very friendly. Realy! Haughty as an elf, sure! I have a right to be. But still, you can't do everything alone. You need contacts and allies everywhere you go. You also need a backup plan for when things go wrong. More often than not, they will.

Ideal: We may all be scoundrels, but at their heart, everyone has some good in them.

Bond: I try not to have them. They hold you down, you know? No, no no. Arara means nothing to me anymore. She doesn't count and should be no concern of yours.

Flaw: I'm perfect! There is nothing wrong with me. I'm always right, even when I am not. Just ask my ex. Actually, no. Don't do that.

Background Narrative: Well, if you have been paying attention so far, you probably know most of my story by now. I have left <random large city in your homebrew world> after an unfortunate series of events that can only be described as hazards of the job. I also left an Ex there, Arara. That may or may not have had an influence in my escape to Roranapour. Well, I guess I should be honest. It had everything to do with it. I promise I don't think about her every day. Only the bad ones. You see, I was good at my job, and did it with minimal risk to myself. But, that seems almost like a distant life now. Here, I find myself far from my home, my second home, or even my third. Roranapour really is the place we choose to make it. What better place to start a new life.

What? You really want to know more about that 'botched' job, as if it were some kind of blemish on my resume? Ok fine. I'll indulge you further. I will change some of the names to protect the uh... the guilty? Lord 'Zigwig', we will call him, contracted me to find out if his third mistress had a secret lover. You can see the irony in that, right? Not only did his wife not know about this woman, but neither did his first or second mistresses. A real charmer, lord Zigwig. And now, he is worried that she has someone behind is back. Well, here is where things got tricky. You see, I happened to know for a fact that she did have a secret lover, and who that lover was, without having to do any reconnaissance work. Oh, don't give me that judgemental look. I had already left Arara at that point. Couldn't run from the abuse fast enough!

So, I was in a pickle. I could tell the truth, and it would be my head on the chopping block. Or, I could lie, and just say 'no'. But the thing about lying to someone like Lord Zigwig, they always do their homework. He probably already knew the answer to this inquiry before he even asked me. Either way, the truth would eventually come out, and that would have been even worse off for me. Blame it on someone else? Well, that would just make two potential enemies instead of one. So, I chose to do the honorable thing. Tell the truth, then turn tail and run. Good thing I was prepared too. Zigwig's guards might not be the brightest, but they are fast. Obviously I got away, I am here, after all, aren't I? So you see, my conscience clear, and my morals preserved. That doesn't save you from having a price put on your head though.

And, there you have it. A complete, accurate and charming description of myself, Carric Liadon. Please, let me know any matches you have, I am certainly open, available and on the market. Just uhm, one request. If you happen to have a goliath bodybuilder on your list of eligible ladies.... I'll pass. I have had enough of that.

Last edited by Bhelogan; 11-02-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:58 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 73
Raada
Definitely interested, out of curiosity, all official classes and races are on the table here? Is there anything you'd like us to steer clear of?