Old 11-08-2019, 05:49 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 61
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
There's always gotta be that one applicant who has to ask 'can I have the thing even though it's not on the list?'

Sigh. Here goes.

Can I make an android?

Aetherized of course. A bit of 'magical tech' instead of the bog-standard 'Androids are from crashed alien ships' that Pathfinder uses. Perhaps an ancient artifact thought to be a statue until it unexpectedly awakened?

If not, that's totally cool. I have other ideas. I just wanted to get the pie in the sky one shot down (or not) first.

Thanks!

...and now that I've done a bit more reading, I see the setting already HAS ancient robots that awakened...hahaha!

Okay, nevermind. I think I'll do something else. Sadly, I don't have the setting book for this, so it's a little tricky to do a character in one of the setting specific races. I'll make do!
Well I can try a quick rundown on the other races that are known in the setting:

The Elemental Races (Undine, Ifrit, etc...) are fairly common in Aethera and in terms of other races, are a more common sight, more so among Humans. The other major races of Aethera produce elemental equivalent too except the Phalanx obviously. They are usually born to world associated with a particular element like Ifrit near Ashra or Oread on Akasaat.

Aasimar and Tiefling are the progeny of living idols. In this setting, outsiders can come to Aethera but there is no way to go back to their planes. All outsiders have a spark of divinity and when worshipped by mortals essentially become "living gods"(more worshippers = more power). Outsiders lose their memories of their planes...so all outsiders can potentially become good or evil, as they are changed by the Aethera System.

Catfolk are from Orbis Aurea tundra, they live in small numbers and have some interactions with the Okanta and native giants.

Changeling are confused often for humans, to the pleasure of their hag ancestors. While they can be encountered all across the Aethera System, they are more common on Akasaat's Wasteland often being infiltrator for their parent or running away from them.

Dhampirs while there is still the typical dhampir children surviving an a vampire assault, there is actually more surviving toxic exposure to aetherite and netherite. Dhampir exposed to aetherite has the aether subtype.

Fetchling don't exist in the dreaded shadow but are result of cruel experimentation by the Choir of the Machine (Kytons) and the Taur (Space conqueror Minotaurs).

Gathlain are native to Kir-Sharaat, they are one of the few fey species not opposing the Erathi and are very rare, often fighting the fey lords of the Darkwild.

Ghorans are a shame of the Erathi, they were created as symbionts at first but gained free will. The Erathi attempted to eradicate such abominations. A few have survived in the corners of the system.

Goblins in the aethera system are ingenious, mechanically savy, salvagers and inventors. They live in Akasaat Underworld and trade with surface folk for scraps, mechanical components, but are often are seen as vermin by the Hierarchy so often hunted and killed. The aetheran goblins have some slight different traits and even alternate racial traits just let me know if interested.

Grippli lives in the remote ocean shores of Kir-Sharaat. They try to not get too involved with the territorial Zahajins.

Kasatha prowls Akasat wasteland, living nomadic lifestyle. They live very far away from humans settlements and there are rumors of cities inhabited by them but none have seen them. They try to stay out of humans affairs as much as possible.

Lizardfolk known as the Noaona are common across the wasteland of Akasaat. Due to their acclimation to the desert environment, they lose their swimming speed and instead gain a 40 feet land speed. They trade with the humans of the crescent tablelands, far from hierarchy controlled territory. They often travel to trade and explore.

Ratfolk known as Askona have itinirant clans on Akasaat Wasteland. They often act as traders, salvagers and guides to the waste. They are often encountered as part of Wasteland raider gangs and gained an unfair reputation as untrustworthy.

Samsaran are a strange mystery born from parents residing either in the Gulf or Amrita Belt. They are poorly understood. They get flashbacks of past lives similar to Phalanx, creating a possible link.

Skinwalker are the results of the first human expedition surviving their crash on Orbis Aurea. Most of them are fully integrated into Okanta clans and never rejoined humanity.

Sulis are extremely rare, as the progeny of human and a genie trapped in the system. Most genies try to avoid coming to Aethera if they can help it.

Tengus are also native of Akasaat and are part of a tripartite alliance between them, ratfolk and lizardfolk sharing resources and art. Tengus are natural explorers and many have taken trips to the frozen world of Orbis Aurea.

Other races are possible of course, just need to establish some basic stuff with their place in the setting.

Last edited by ProfoundBeggard; 11-08-2019 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:38 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1151
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
This actually helps a lot! Thanks very much!

Also, it turns out the Pathfinder SRD has info on Aethera races, so I think I'm good to go. I'll see what I can whip up.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:18 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Excellent, if you end up having some questions, I'll do my best to answer them in a timely manner.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:53 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
StarCommanderVong StarCommanderVong
right-aligned image

Name: Tian Xia Model C-3, Designation: Urian
Race: Phalanx
Class: Cantor of Light
Job: Musician

Description: Urian is a hulking model of a Phalanx, standing at almost 8 feet tall, and weighing in at 735 pounds. Originally sent into service during the Century War as what amounted to a walking tank, heavily armed and armored, Urian never really bothered to downsize over the years, instead simply changing his overall look to something he found more appealing.
Basic grasper-claws were replaced with large humanoid hands. Angular armored panels became smooth and rounded, taking the same general shape as the average human. And his head, previously just a vaguely round shape with a single red optical sensor, became a demonic mask based on a waking vision he has had time and again.
Overtime, the overall form has become more refined and simple to the point that Urian, for the most part, just resembles a very large red-skinned human wearing a demonic mask.
He is most commonly found wearing a grey three-piece suit, sans jacket, and a long black overcoat. He will also don a black hat if it rains.

Personality: First impressions of Urian from across a room lead people to assume he'll be this stoic, silent-giant type. First impressions from across a room would be wrong. Urian is quite the animated fellow, talking, gesturing, and laughing his way through most conversations. He loves people, be they Human, Erahthi, Phalanx, Okanta, or anything else scattered throughout Aethera.
But if you want him to shut up, just ask about the Century War. Urian refuses to speak about it to anyone, never letting on any of his feelings regarding his near half century of slaughter.

History: Activated in 3952, Urian was trained and set into battle against the Erahthi as a heavily armed mobile siege platform. Over the course of the next 49 years, Urian was ordered to kill countless Erahthi, ending tens of thousands of lives, until the day of the Taur invasion.
After so many years of senseless slaughter, Urian was more than grateful that the arrival of the Taur had halted the war, and that the Hierarchy had granted his kind freedom, of a kind. Taking advantage of his newfound freedom, Urian removed all forms of weaponry that had been installed into his body, and swore a vow to never take another life.
Over the next years, Urian slowly modified his body to its current form, and discovered a love of music. He started as an appreciator, then a player, and finally a composer, crafting the notes and rhythms into a melody of joy that, as it turned out, was quite popular. Urian gained a bit of notoriety in small nightclubs for his deep voice and contrasting appearance. While he never really went anywhere much, due to being a Phalanx, Urian did discover the mysteries of the Cantor, a strange being that utilized the power of music to essentially alter reality.
Surprisingly excited by the idea, Urian trained himself in the ways of the Cantor, and eventually came to hear and understand the Hymn of Light, allowing him to use his voice to help others in more physical ways, rather than emotional ones.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:26 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Pretty nice, alright more Century War veteran (which quite honestly is probably the basic background from most of you).
Old 11-08-2019, 11:49 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1151
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
How long ago did the Century War end again?

Am thinking perhaps Infused...they seem neat. But they stopped making them after the war, so I need to see how old one would be...
Old 11-08-2019, 11:57 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
How long ago did the Century War end again?

Am thinking perhaps Infused...they seem neat. But they stopped making them after the war, so I need to see how old one would be...
The Century War officially ended in 4001, when the Century Accords were signed. The current year is 4006. The current youngest infused would be the ones born/made in 3993 (the end of the Infused project). Infused rarely exceed 35 years old.

So currently the oldest infused would be from 3971 and the Paragons.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:38 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
StarCommanderVong StarCommanderVong
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfoundBeggard View Post
Pretty nice, alright more Century War veteran (which quite honestly is probably the basic background from most of you).
That is the risk you run in Aethera.

And hey, at least there's a nice dichotomy between the two Phalanx characters.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:22 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 58975
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Hey, SCV, the magus slot is open, if you want to apply.