Old 08-12-2018, 07:43 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 77
NadaSurf
Hi there!

Hi there!

I just recently joined and am very excited to try out this method of playing D&D! The last time I seriously played was 2nd edition back int he 90's with my buddies at sleep over parties. I have great memories and am hoping to make some new ones! I am excited to see what the new editions bring to the game!

See you out there!
Old 08-12-2018, 09:19 AM
DnD Grognard. Look it up.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 51354
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
Welcome!

Well, a lot of things have changed since AD&D in the 90's... we are up to the 5th edition now, which is very popular.

But, there are still a few diehard 2nd edition fans and games out there, so look around, and check the scene. Have fun!
Old 08-12-2018, 10:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8541
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

Don't worry about being a little rusty, we have just the thing for you, the new player solo game! You'll select your system, I recommend D&D5e, and you'll be assigned your own private GM Mentor to show you the ropes and run your first adventure with you! I can't suggest them enough!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old 08-12-2018, 01:14 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 77
NadaSurf
Thanks so much folks! I have posted in the solo forum, I am excited to start things up again
Old 08-12-2018, 02:17 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 170
blackhawk blackhawk
Welcome to the community.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:16 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1381
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Welcome to the Crossing.

While 2e games are a bit of a rarity, they do happen. 5e is all the rage now, and it's not terribly different in feel from 2e, so while the rules are completely different, it's still the same ol' D&D, but with smoother game play.

If you feel like mixing it up, then there are dozens of other systems that occasionally pop up with GMs looking for players. So take a seat, get comfy, and surf the game ads. Hope to see you in a game soon!
Old 08-14-2018, 01:37 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16032
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning NadaSurf,

(I really have a hard time NOT reading NadaSmurf but I am not sure if the Smurfs are an international 'thing' or just a German/Dutch thing)

There is still a bit of 2nd edition going on I think but I am not entirely sure. There is still an interest for sure so you might have to search to find 2nd edition players and a DM willing to DM. (or do you have DM ambitions?). Have you been checking out the new material that came out since 2nd? Anything you would like to try out to use over here? (any cool characters you once played that you want to reskin into a new edition?)

Most important though, welcome over here and I hope you have fun. Feel free to ask questions if you have them
Old 08-14-2018, 05:17 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28835
ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb
Welcome aboard NadaSurf! (I like that band, btw! I don't go deep on their catalog, but I recall a few tunes I quite like) Cheers!