Game Thread Chapter Four: Complications - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: S-V > Seis'kerta > Trials of the Young King
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
"I don't believe this. This is stupid. If you-" Didina suddenly cuts off, leaving an almost eerie silence, at least until they hear their Unusually Tall Friend laughing in an amused tone, although she doesn't reply to any of their questions on what's going on.

After a little over a minute Misa speaks up, sounding a little amused herself. "What Didina meant to say was that we shouldn't send anyone down there just yet. There's simply too many unknowns to be able to risk it, especially considering everything that we know. Isn't that right Didina?"

Didina's reply is somewhat terse and more than a little grudging. "Of course. Let's find out what we can from the kid and Syoban before diving headlong into yet more trouble. I do agree with Nevh about the prisoner though. Chances are she'll be in the Church of Deimos in Trusharlan, which is just about the most hostile place on Aheka to us at the moment - except for wherever it is Zera is hiding at least. Plus, there's the fact that Deimos is there and is known to masquerade as his own followers to see how people act when he isn't around. Meeting Inanna was scary enough thank you very much and I've no wish to be another a reference to his title 'Maidensnatcher''maiden' of Deimos."

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old May 7th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Custom Titled
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 2124
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Posts: 2,984
After noticing that the communication had been cut for at least half a minute Nevh went on to busy herself with other matter, initiating a discussion with one of her attendants until Misa resumed it. She put that talk on hold to better focus on what was being said.
That is not what she meant to say, that is what she has already said.

Perhaps Samael would know something worth stalling this considering what he is but the Eye may not. The crash-course I already mentioned besides, I doubt Xu'deln has any other information that could really be of use but couldn't just be sent to me by Sending while I'm on the move.
Considering the possibility that what might be learned could save me a week of travel underground, at least, I'm willing to give Syoban a week to finally get this meeting on and done with. I will tell him.
These unknowns will have to be tried eventually and the amount of them that may be made light of without going is thin and time limited. I will delay this no further.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old May 8th, 2012, 03:26 AM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2023
RPXP: 14741
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,718
"I'll put a little pressure on Blink too."
There's a brief pause.
"I'm a little bothered by the delay myself. What is taking them so long to set up a meeting that could in theory be over and done with in fifteen minutes?"

"I'd like you all to consider something. Everyone being everyone not NevhEveryone's focusing on the risks and costs of acting too hastily. Consider the risks and costs of delaying too long."

"Nevh I'll try and get as much information off of Xu'deln as I can. His mother is the city's archmage and is a high ranking member of the first or ruling family. It seems likely that the shard will be in her care, possibly the vampire at the outside, I'll focus on her. Is there anything else you'd like me to specifically look for? Can someone look into this Steven Michael and his background? If Kirin's taken an interest in him specifically it seems unlikely he's been turned by Zera. If we can confirm he's to be trusted to some degree he might be the best inside source we can cultivate in the short term since he's got all those advantages we were talking about and is already there."

Morgan sighs.
"Time for me to go. I'll be distracted for a bit, I've got to go get yelled at by an angry father."
In a way it would be a relief though, he'd finally be able to put that situation to rest. The whole thing had made him uneasy from the get-go.
__________________
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old May 8th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Custom Titled
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 2124
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Posts: 2,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan W
I'm a little bothered by the delay myself. What is taking them so long to set up a meeting that could in theory be over and done with in fifteen minutes?
Well... perhaps they got important members underground on their way back to the surface. Maybe they are waiting for a report on something and want their hands on it before meeting us. Why not ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan W
I'd like you all to consider something. Everyone's focusing on the risks and costs of acting too hastily. Consider the risks and costs of delaying too long.
At least someone seemed to be attentive. The risks were high indeed but that was under such pressure that you could tell if someone could keep a cool head and face the situation objectively. After all, if someone really didn't want to go anywhere deeper than her basement, it was her.
She half-hoped someone would volunteer or get volunteered to take her place, but honestly didn't believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan W
Is there anything else you'd like me to specifically look for?
An estimate on the depth of their cities in case I must dive through the earth around notable obstacles. If they have have detection wards that would notice me by my mere proximity. How to foil such things if they have bypasses. What guards the tunnels, how they are organized at the entrances (at least the one he came out through since they are managed by different groups), how they are organized at the entrance of the cities themselves...
I would also need a decent period of time with him myself. The earlier the better. I'd need to familiarize myself to their etiquette, manner of speech, everything.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan W
Can someone look into this Steven Michael and his background?
I already have. That is why I contacted him. He is sent on a mission for his faith, among other things, but as far as collecting information from him goes it is pretty useless. The lad either doesn't have the brains to answer questions correctly, is not willing to or has no clue on how to say anything useful. At least he is looking into something to help us next time we communicate but I'll have to wonder if he even understands what he's looking for.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Only a day after their visit to the Tomb, Morgan was contacted by Blink. "Be ready for tomorrow. At noon I will contact you again with the location for our meeting. Three will be there, plus maybe Samael."

This gave them a day to get ready and meet up. Due to her having fewer staff and a still sizable estate it was at Nevh's home that they met to prepare for the journey. The core, original investigators as well as both Alyyryk and Morgan Crescent. It was also a good opportunity to share a few new discoveries.

As asked, Alyyryk had contacted his brother in Tyyryk, who confirmed the story Cirrocco had told them about Kerberos' group. They had spent only a single night at his port before moving north to the opposite coast and getting a boat to the Kairan capital, or at least that had been their intention from what he had been told. Alyyryk said his brother didn't mention a Drow-touched however, but an Elf-touched Tyyrykan calling himself 'Shar' among the group. Presumably that had been Tel'shar's cover.

Eloise managed to confirm what Cirrocco had said as well, when speaking with the crew, while Anorde, who had finally managaed to track down and speak with Jahran Tark, informed them that they were definately underground and had been for a little two weeks by now. Worryingly, it also emerged that over that entrance a Sorceress had been experimenting on live people to try and re-create the process for making Warforged and Trueforged, using the occasional bandits but mostly by trading favours with the Drow below for slaves to experiment on. She was killed by Kerberos' group and Jahran immediately returned to his Kinship to tell them what happened. That entrance was now fully manned by a half dozen Tukaijahns as well as more common soldiers, with them constructing defensive structures around it to ensure the safety of Kaira.

At noon the next day Wainraith was contacted as promised. "the name of the largest/most popular inn/tavern in EdgewaterThe Drowned Rat Inn. It has been warded, so teleport outside."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edgewater had not changed mutch since Wainraith had last been here. Most of the town was still in ruins, however the bodies had all been taken away at least. After the horror of what had happened the survivors had elected to stay in the capital for now and the Halvan government had more important things to focus on at the moment than rebuilding, so the town had seemingly been abbandoned. There were a few buildings mostly untouched, the largest of which was the Drowned Rat Inn, which had only a little superficial fire damage, since the Trolls had used it to store the people they had intended to take away with them. The fire had been from the fireballs and the like used to kill the Trolls guarding it, although one of them had survived and was vindictive enough to flee into the building and slaughter as many of the people inside as possible. They had managed to save half of those inside, though some had been seriously injured. Were it not for Kala, many more would have died or remained crippled. The inside had been cleaned and tidied up a little since then, though whether by the soldiers or by the Hands of Samael was unclear.

Blink, a Pharean man with messy brown hair, grey eyes and an intense gaze was waiting for them just inside, perched atop the front desk. His eyes roam across everyone present before he looks back towards Wainraith. "We are watching the surrounding area. If you have betrayed us then we will leave and never help you again. Only those here now and the Unusually Tall Friend - I believe she is called - are to be spoken to. These terms are not up for negotiation. Is this understood and agreed to?" He looks around at the others present again.

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]

Last edited by Makenshi; May 15th, 2012 at 04:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:49 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2023
RPXP: 14741
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,718
*Previously*
Morgan seems relieved to report that he has had no major revelations since the previous day.

*Edgewater*
With a barely audible pop of displaced air the road is suddenly filled by six people and a cat. As a precaution Morgan had decided to bring them in on the edge of town, giving them a little time to look around as they came in and avoiding a predictable arrival point. It wasn't that he expected trouble, but whether or not you expected trouble and whether or not you got it were two different things entirely.

The frigid winter air doesn't bother him in the slightest. The magic of his cloak keeps him comfortable in all but the most extreme of weather.
Being back in Edgewater yet again however does bother him.

It had been weeks since the attack, but that was hardly time for the memories of what they'd found here to fade in the least. He'd known people here. He'd helped with identification, hoping to save some of the locals who might have otherwise been called on to do it. Some of them had had to be pieced together first. Returning to rob a grave in the ruined village hadn't really helped despite his attempts at gallows humor. At least in the dark a lot of it was hidden from his sight.

Frowning Morgan starts leading the others towards the inn. Mort promptly climbs up to his accustomed spot atop Morgan's satchel.
"So what I wanna know is of all the places they coulda' picked why here?"
Mort's voice echoes Morgan's own thoughts. It wasn't that the cat could actually read his mind, but they'd been together long enough that they knew how each other thought.
"Secluded, people don't go here. They knew we'd know it."
Morgan is uncharacteristically laconic, not particularly wanting to talk at the moment.
"Plenty of secluded places we'd know about. Here there's a chance locals might be around, collecting their stuff or stubborn enough to move back in. Or maybe some Halvan military people keeping an eye on the place in case someone returns to the scene of the crime.

You know what I think? I think they're trying to say something by picking here."

"Like?"
"Dunno. Something about Kala or Eve. What do you think?"
"Ask them yourself when we get there."
Defeated by Morgan's passive indifference Mort settles down to ride out the trip.

Egewater is a small seaside town so getting to the Drowned Rat doesn't take long. Morgan responds to Blink's words with a nod.
"Fair enough. I'll let you use your imagination to supply our threats."
"Oh goody, I might get to maul someone today."
__________________
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Custom Titled
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 2124
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Posts: 2,984
Nevh didn't lose much time for preparations. Besides the daily multiple-purpose spells, the mandatory mundane disguise and her morning drill, there was little else to reach look into.

It was good to learn that Kaira had taken control of at least one of its entrances to the underdark; finding it would be easier now, though it would be expected that defenses would have been raised below in the apprehension of possible undesired visitors.
The ruins of Edgewater had little reasons to particularly bother her as of yet. The scene was familiar.
Second time now I'll find him nosing in some dump. Damn rubbletowns.
She had come well armed, half-expecting that Edgewater would be a place of choice for aggressive scavengers and criminals. Ruins had a tendency to attract that sort. Of course, there was always the possibility that their foe would be lying in wait to ambush the meeting. Having a bunch of your enemies cooped up together was an opportunity to get rid of many nuisances in one sweep. If Zera somehow had gotten knowledge of it, things could go very badly.

Blink looked pretty much like she expected him to, but still when she looked at him she bore attention for possible telling signs that he was a Trueforged. She answered his questions pretty seriously.
"Yes and yes."
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Other than the fact he had yet to blink, there was nothing that gave away Blink's nature, not in such a mundane setting at least. His chest even rose and fell slightly despite the fact that he had no actual need to breathe, except to talk possibly. Supposedly, Trueforged sometimes forgot not to breath in situations where someone shouldn't be able to (such as underwater), but unless she felt like dunking his head in the ocean and watching she had no way to test it.

Alyyryk simply gives a curt nod of his head in response, as does Misa. Didina, of course, can't help but make a smart remark. "Well, aren't you a cheerful one." She rolls her eyes. "Just get on with it. If you're half as informed as you've been acting like then you know us better than our own mothers most likely, so stop the damn posturing."

Blink ignores her outburst and after getting the other Morgan's agreement gestures for them to follow him to the bar area, which was through a pair of heavy wooden doors. Anticipating nervousness, he pushes them both wide open, revealing the mess of mostly broken tables and chairs that the Trolls had left in their wake. Two tables, nine chairs and the bar itself were all that remained undamaged, with most of the shelves empty, save for a few bottles here and there and possibly more underneath the bar.

Sitting at once of the tables was a can't remember if you had a physical description of him Blue (hair/eye colour), so I've left it out for nowQuallish man who looked to be in his late 20's or early 30's. His feet were propped up on the table as he reclined casually in his chair, an easygoing smile dancing across his lips as his eyes immediately locked onto Nevh. "It's good to see you again Blue."He speaks Quallish, obviously directing his words to his fellow Rudaa The man takes a swig from a bottle of what appears to be the local ale. "Though I'd appreicate it if you didn't chop my head off this time."He speaks more Quallish He rubs his neck ruefully, still grinning. "Decapitation hurts."He speaks more Quallish It was apparent even to those who couldn't understand his words that Syoban had a very relaxed, charming and almost calming demeaner, chatting away as if a couple of friends had popped by.

Also sitting at the table was a middle-aged Rinnish man wearing well worn looking travelling clothes, included a particularly battered looking cloak. He regarded everyone curiously but warily, but appeared to have no weapons and wore no armour. Unlike the chatty Rudaan, he made no attempt to speak and had a glass of what appeared to be water sitting in front of him.

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:06 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2023
RPXP: 14741
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,718
Morgan's gaze is momentarily drawn to Nevh as Syoban comes into view, curious as to whether or not the Ruudan woman had fully come to terms with seeing him again.

The Rinnish man receives a nod of greeting and an unsubtle appraisal before Morgan heads around behind the bar. He acquires a bottle identical to the one Syoban is nursing. Most beer came in casks and kegs, Old Olney's Best was one of the few Morgan considered worthy of being bottled like wine. The mage tucks a few silver under a wash rag. Hopefully looters wouldn't find it, but when Olney's son came back to re-open or maybe collect what he could before moving on perhaps he would find it.

He waggles the beer at the others.
”There's a couple more if anyone wants one. It's good stuff. Might wind up the last of it's kind.”

He cracks the beer and takes a swig before casting a spell. Keeping his movements steady and obvious Morgan opens up his spell component pouch and draws a golden jewelers loupe with a ruby lens. An Analyse Dweomer spell sweeps over the three present and the rest of the room as well.
__________________
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Custom Titled
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 2124
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Posts: 2,984
Nevh locked eyes with him as well. She had only wanted to see him for an instant in pressing curiosity, then avoid paying him any particular attention, but when he locked his eyes on her, it became impossible to shy away.
She believed herself at peace with what had happened, so long ago now, but truly seeing him again, alive and sort of goofing around like he used to, brought her to realize that a small part of her still hated him greatly.

But she didn't want to let it show, and so did her best to take these feelings, bottle them down and try not to think of it too much.
Her hands closed on the back of an armless chair, turned it around and slid it under her to sit.
Her eyes narrowed when he was done speaking, and she "Only if you don't make the cut in a single blow. I recall it had been properly done, but I suppose you'd know better. If decapitation hurts, I can only imagine how the whole 'body burning to ashes' must have felt."replied in the same language.

She had no intention to drink anything but water. As far as she was concerned alcohol had no place in her heart during such meetings, or any other event that could lead to a bloodbath. She refused with a motion of the hand and a faint shake of the head.
"You seem in good health though. It is more strange than good to see you again, to be honest, but I'm glad our differences are behind us."Then spoke in Quallish a little further.
But that didn't mean they could just be great friends again and act like nothing happened. Well, they could... but she wasn't sure that she wanted it to happen. It wasn't just a small slap at the cheek.

Last edited by Makenshi; May 16th, 2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Weird coding issue
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old May 17th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Syoban looks a little dissapointed at Nevh's reply, possibly even sad, before giving a resigned sigh and slipping into the Halvan tongue. "Things are never going to be like they used to be are they? Oh well, we both rolled our dice."

He ignored Morgan's spell, as did the other two present, and took a big swig from the bottle before plopping his feet down and standing. He was fairly tall for a Quallish at just about 6ft, though that still made him shorter than the two Morgans. His eyes sweep over everyone present. "Well, well, well, aren't we all a rag-tag bunch of misfits?" That easygoing grin of his returns as he walks over towards Alyyryk. "Lekan, I-"

He doesn't get a chance to finish whatever he was going to say before Lekan launches a fist into the side of his face, causing the Rudaan to stumble backwards and Blink to draw a pair of curved long daggers. Rubbing his face gingerly Syoban raises a hand towards BLink. "Put them back." He gives Alyyryk a rueful look. "I think our friend was just trying to make his opinion of me clear." He walks forward again, though this time without the easygoing grin. "All things considered, I'll give you that - I probably deserved it - but punch me again and I'll punch back."

Alyyryk nods, opening his mouth to say something however he is interrupted by Didina. "Well, if you two men are done posturing and pissing on trees, how about we get down to business?" She then adds a telepathic message to the others. "Somehow he's screwing with my telepathy. Even if someone has protection I can sort of feel them - like a brick wall hiding something - but he and everything aound him just feelings like...nothing. I've not come across anything like it before."

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old May 17th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Custom Titled
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 2124
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Posts: 2,984
That alarmed her, unexpectedly.
She remained in "I've had to grieve you before and after I did it. Between then and now there was only time and nightmares to keep the memory fresh. I know things can be as they were but it'll take a bit more than a grin and a 'how ya been'."Quallish

She paused.
"...I appreciate the attempt but I don't think I'll find myself in the mood to joke about that for a good while."More Quallish.

When Alyyryk punched him, a jolt of electricity ran up her back and she stepped toward the Tyyrykan, ready to give him a hard slap at the cheek, but held herself back. Keeping her own emotions in check was hard enough it felt insulting to see others express them freely and so inconsiderately.
"Control yourself, dammit."She spoke to him in a soft and stern Tyyrykan, with an accent

To Didina's inquiry, provided that they were linked through Zilira or her mindlink, would respond.
I wouldn't know. I do not use telepathy so even if he had it before I probably would have never noticed.

Last edited by Blue; May 17th, 2012 at 05:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old May 17th, 2012, 04:37 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2023
RPXP: 14741
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,718
Morgan observes the 'antics' with an air of tired patience, understanding every word said. Alyyryk simply needed to get it out of his system. It was just another step in coping with what had happened.
He throws Syoban a wry look.
"You're a real popular guy aren't you?"
Nevh he chooses to hold comment on though he wants to point out the hypocrisy of her being unable to get over something that happened years and years ago but snapping at Alyyryk over his anger at new wounds.

The mage snatches up a second beer and comes back around from behind the bar. It was kind of funny, he'd received Tirileer's Heart shortly before Mortimer had convinced him to cut back on the boozing. Since then he hadn't had more than one or two drinks in a row, always cutting himself off before he would get drunk. Except that he wouldn't get drunk, at all, he'd just never realized it. One of the effects of Tirileer's Heart is that it protects him from poison, which meant it 'protected' him from the effects of alcohol as well.

He stuffs the second beer in Alyyryk's hands, not particularly caring if the Tyyrykan was a drinker or not.
"Take a seat fire heart, take a drink, and take a deep breath. Find the center.
They wouldn't have let it happen if they could have done anything about it. The ones you really want to punch aren't here. When we do get to them you'll be first in line."


Morgan finds his own seat, turning his attention to the three Hands.

"If we'd had this meeting a couple of days ago we'd have a lot more questions to ask. At this point though I think we've got what's happening pretty much pinned down. Let me know if any of this doesn't jive with your information." Morgan takes a pull on his beer. "Zera, a bastard of the Halva line, has used one or more shards of the Godforge to lock up Airis and Malvain in Sanctuary and is using them to power the godforge shards to produce artifacts and the effects that empower and protect him and his people. He may also be-" Morgan's countenance darkens and he finds himself wishing there was someone he could punch too "-breeding godlings.

One of the shards of the Godforge is in the possession of the Drow, who are likely using Cillia and Sarlorne to hide their city (at the least). The third is either unaccounted for or also in Zera or the Drow's hands at the moment."


Morgan pauses to give Syoban or any of the others a chance to confirm or deny the analysis before continuing.
__________________
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Jun 15th, 2012 at 04:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old May 17th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
OOCTo prevent a confusing dual conversation, I've ignored the last two questions, since you said they'd occur after hashing out the first bit.

Alyyryk gives Morgan a hard look, but seems to decide against saying anything and instead takes a big drink from the bottle Morgan had handed him.

When Morgan has finished recapping, Syoban nods. "That's pretty much right, except for the lack of mention of the Blue Woman. Most of this is inferred or an educated guess though. We've been unable to get an agent inside Sanctuary. The most recent attempt was with Kelta-" He glances at Alyyryk, who takes another drink. "-but as you already know that ended up going south very fast."

"What happened exactly? Or can you still not tell me?" There is more than a hint of bitterness to Alyyryk's words.

Syoban ignores the tone. "To cut a long story short Kelta was trying to work her way in so we could get an idea of where Sanctuary was - she was not supposed to try and get close to Zera. Unfortunately something - we still don't know what - went wrong. She vanished without a trace when everything seemed to be going well and all our attempts to find her failed. Lytas grew increasingly desperate, even breaking the silence between the three of you to try and get your help, but he couldn't find any trace of her." The Rudaa gives a deep, regretful sigh. "He dissapeared shortly after that and just like with Kelta we were left with no clues as to when, where or why. Then all of a sudden he shows up, infiltrates Halva's palace and tries to assassinate King Vulcar II."

"And Kelta?"

"Nothing. For all we know she's dead, although I doubt it." Syoban takes a swig of his drink. "To be honest, I hope she is. It's a better fate than Lytas'. She'll be able to join the Great Circle again as herself at least."

Syoban's seemingly genuine attempt to be comforting obviously backfires, when Alyyryk glares at him. "You know nothing of the Great Circle."

The Rudaa seems caught off-guard by the remark at first, but decides to ignore it since Alyyryk obviously isn't in the best of moods. "What's got us worried is this Blue Woman, and it's also why I asked Dias to meet with you." He gestures to the Rinnish man. "Dias, this is everyone. Everyone, this is Dias, Sage of Three Paths and the most senior of the Elder Monks of Nihl."

The Rinnish man remains sitting, although he nods his head in greeting. "Syoban said you're probably already aware of it, but the origin of my order actually lies within ancient, primordial Deities known as the Elder Demons, or sometimes the Old Ones. Khehkanon, the Shaper of the Void; Yostrah, the Blood of the Void; Cehrencha, the Breath of the Void; Xarax, the Skin of the Void; and Ihnolkar, the Heart of the Void. They are the original origin and inspiration for the Paths of Void, Cold, Air, Earth and Fire, respectively. Only the eldest of our Order know this, since any association with Demons is dangerous, however what we do has nothing to do with Demons, but instead is about tapping into the very essence of this world, which was created by those five Elder Demons."

He pauses for a moment to let the information sink in. "Sixteen years ago, some of us started to feel a sense of...unease. As if something wasn't right. Over time more started to sense it, and the sensation became clearer to those who first noticed it. It was a sense of imbalance. Something had upset the very essence of the world. We knew of nothing that could do that, however a few weeks ago I discovered many of us had been approached and asked about the Paths in suspicious circumstances. To cut a long story short, it was Samael's agents trying to gather information and I managed to track him down and speak with him about the matter until we were both satisfied. He finally had the details he sought, and we had an answer." His expression becomes grim.

Syoban finishes it off. "One of the Elder Demons was released from their prison sixteen years ago and is almost certainly this 'Blue Woman'. Fortunately, this isn't quite as bad as you might initiall think. From what we have managed to find out, the Elder Demons were sealed away within daggers - their souls trapped within effectively - since Ashtarte either couldn't kill them or didn't want to risk destroying this world in doing so. Unfortunately, she was dealing with beings more powerful than anything she had dealt with before and she underestimated them. The daggers were supposed to seal them away, but it was not entirely successful. They can be freed."

"Imprisoned, they are a fraction of what they once were - not just in terms of power, but they are not entirely themselves either. Kill someone with one of the daggers and the remaining essence and power of the Elder Demon will merge with them, creating an entirely new being that is not entirely mortal, but not quite an Elder Demon either. We don't know exactly how this works - not even Ashtarte knows - but that is what we do know, and everything we have found out about this Blue Woman leads us to believe she is one of the Elder Demons - Yostrah specifically - merged with an unfortunate soul."

~MTWC
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]

Last edited by Makenshi; May 17th, 2012 at 05:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:26 PM
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom is offline
Pretty cool Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2023
RPXP: 14741
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Posts: 10,718
Morgan waits a half beat to see if there's anything more coming before muttering a curse word and resting his face in the palm of his hand.
"Wonderful. I'd comment about the bad stuff never staying dead and buried but I guess I'd have to add "present company excluded" to the end."
He takes a deep breath himself before straightening up.
"Well I guess that explains how she beat Revenant."
Morgan looks thoughtful for a moment.
”Hmm I wonder if the breakout five years ago was related. Do you have any idea who has the other daggers?”

"The question now is what to do about it. We know in a general sense what needs to be done, recover the Godforge components and free the Paragons before turning Zera into a rapidly expanding cloud of meat vapor, but what are the steps needed to actually get there are a little foggier.
Any suggestions?"

A thought occurs.
"Do you know of any agents of Zera's on the Halvan council?"
__________________
Thanks to all the great great GM's. Especially: Makenshi, Birched, Savoylen, Davion, and Homestarbaby.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB