WorldOfDarkness Emperor of the Fading Suns: Cloak & Dagger - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Nov 27th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10543
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaegster View Post
This looks crazy. I am sooooooo interested right now. This looks like a mix of Warhammer 40K and D&D.
That's what I thought too.

Then I hear Dune and I'm about to fall in love with this game.

Never played WoD, have researched it and it looked fascinating. Unluckily I do not own the books for WoD, nor do I think I can get them anytime soon. Seems you posted altercations to the rules up. If there is a way to play without getting the books then I'll throw up an app. Otherwise unless the due date is very late so I can get the books at a later point, I'll have to just watch.
Old Nov 28th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Immortal Celtic Monk

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2089
Connor Connor Connor Connor Connor Connor Connor Connor Connor Connor Connor
Apologies if this has already been asked, but;

Quote:
Spend freebie points. All players get 15 points to spend on their character sheets.
Is this 15 free DOTS or 15 free XP to spend? Huge difference. Also, either way I understand the no stat/ability above 5 ruling. Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Brawl: The brawl talent covers the character's ability in hand to hand combat and other tooth and nail fighting situations.
Linked to: Dexterity.
How is Brawl not linked to Strength?

Last edited by Connor; Nov 28th, 2014 at 02:54 AM.
Old Nov 28th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 341
Wolesz Wolesz Wolesz Wolesz
Very interested in this game. What kind of people are recruited by the Imperial Eye, allegiance-wise? Could a member of another large organisation(like a noble house or a guild)be working in it, or are such double loyalties unacceptable?
Old Nov 28th, 2014, 08:05 PM
5tons of Raw Techno Power

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2240
Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef
Sageheart: Greetings! Your knowledge and experience with the actual Old World of Darkness - White Wolf dot system is inconsequential. Newbies are more than welcome. In game terms, the ST (myself) will tell you what to roll for most situations where a roll of the dice is required. If it comes to combat and what not, I can guide you through the entire process as well. So, really, no sweat involved on your part. It might even be a great learning experience for you in terms of getting the hang of this new system.

Yes, I've played around with the basic system a bit; adding an extra attribute to the three categories (Physical, Mental and Social). I've also revamped the Abilities sections a tad... making them more suitable for the EFS universe. However, besides this, everything is basically the same. The overall mechanics are largely untouched.

I've gathered a couple links (dealing with OWOD rules) for you that should be able to get you started on the right road for creating a character (if you want to jump in of course):

http://cityofangels.wikidot.com/vamp...acter-creation

http://www.ehow.com/how_4450253_crea...asquerade.html

http://digilander.libero.it/diservizio/vtm/vtm08.html (Overview of the rules).

If you need any help or have questions, by all means let me know.

Connor: When talking about 15 points, I was talking about 15 freebie points. I will update the post containing character creation rules to reflect this... so that's it's more clear for others.

Regarding the Brawl and Strength relationship... you're absolutely right. My mistake. This too will be changed. My apologies.

Wolesz: Greetings! Thank you very much for the interest in the game!

A brief overview of EFS socio-politics and the Imperial Eye: Each of the major Imperial departments / ministries.. Imperial Eye (Intelligence), Imperial Fleet, Phoenix Legion (one of the largest and best military forces in the known worlds... the best force is without a doubt the Brother Battle / a Church sanctioned and controlled group of monks devoted to combat and protecting the Church's faith.) etc are handed over to someone in one of the major Houses (or sometimes lesser Houses) to be run efficiently (or used for their own gain most likely) and be managed. Thus, you can have situations where a member of House Hazat is in charge of the Imperial Fleet and a member of House Decados is a holding the Phoenix Legion. However, these positions are all handed out by the current Emperor and it is more likely that he / she will hand them out to loyal Houses. As can be imagined, there is much in the way of cronyism. Also, the heads of these Imperial departments can and will use them for their own personal benefit or the benefit of their families. Sure, they will do a minimum of upkeep to keep the Emperor satisfied, but they will do stuff that they can get away with.

The current Emperor is Alexius Hawkwood of House Hawkwood. He ascended to the throne after the 2nd Emperor Wars (all the major Houses were battling for the big seat and the Hawkwoods, Li-Halan and al-Malik came out on top whereas the Hazat and Decados lost the fight. Decados and Hazat were allied against the alliance of Hawkwood, Li-Halan and al-Malik.) Emperor Alexius is only the 2nd Emperor and thus his role and the title of Emperor itself is still a fairly new establishment. There is still a lot of political cementing that needs to be done. The first Emperor was Emperor Alecto of House Alecto (now extinct). He was a very popular leader and managed to beat back the barbarians (Vuldrok and Kurgans). He also won the first Emperor Wars against other competing Houses and managed to call himself Emperor. However, at his coronation he died mysteriously in an explosion of fire that erupted seemingly from nowhere. It is clear that this was some kind of assassination, but no one knows who the culprits are... thus, the institution and title of Emperor is still something that is fragile and there is a lot of balancing between the other nobles and the Emperor.

The major House Princes (top nobles of the big 5 Houses: Hazat, Decados, al-Malik, Li-Halan and Hawkwood) don't necessarily like this new title of Emperor and having to take orders from someone higher than they are on the nobility scale. Some wish again for the early days of when every major House was sovereign and their rule absolute.

Currently, the Imperial Eye is headed by Duchess Oelestre Xanthippes (she is the current Director and is of a minor House).

Anyways, to answer your question directly: There is plenty of mish-mashing and mixing between Houses, lesser Houses, commoners (Freemen) Guilds and all the other organizations. You can have nobles from any noble family as members of practically any Imperial institution (Imperial Questing Knights Order, Phoenix Throne etc).

With regards to the Imperial Eye: You have to understand that it is probably uncommon for an actual noble to be involved in the lower ranks of this organization. You probably wouldn't see a nobleman or woman just as a foot soldier in the Phoenix Legion nor as just an agent. Usually, officer positions and other senior leadership ranks are reserved for the nobility. Even lesser Houses probably would not allow their own kin the indignity of having such a low position. Again though, you can find reasons for the nobility being involved in lesser positions: They are disowned or very much disliked by their family, they are a very far off relative in the family with no official fiefs or titles to their name and no chance of inheriting anything etc. You can be creative if you want, but it should make sense.

Also, Guilders are very much closed to entering the Imperial Eye. Each Guild has their own covert - intelligence group... Engineers have the Harbingers to protect their monopolies on technology knowledge or steal more, Charioteers have the Killroys to also protect their monopoly on jumpgate codes and technology, the Scravers are basically organized crime and are always suspect from the get-go etc. So, it is doubtful that the Imperial Eye would allow an actual current Guilder to be involved in their organization. Again, you can be creative if you want and if it makes sense, I will perhaps allow it.

Double allegiances and loyalties are very much acceptable. After all, this is a game of intrigue and spies after all. I'm not against allowing a double-agent or even a corrupt agent who wishes to do anything for extra cash or favors.

Last edited by Roastbeef; Nov 29th, 2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old Nov 28th, 2014, 08:08 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef Roastbeef
Again, I will be adding this to the character creation section of this thread: Do not submit your character biographies / history or even your character sheets in public. I wish the players to enter this game as total strangers. You are a completely new team with no familiarity whatsoever with your partners. I think this will add to the game much in terms of suspense...

Just a physical description, general personality profile (quirks, attitudes on certain subjects etc) and some general knowledge that someone might know (their reputation or status is big enough). Everything else is under lock and key.

Last edited by Roastbeef; Nov 28th, 2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old Nov 29th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Grate Worm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 402
bgfnjk bgfnjk bgfnjk bgfnjk bgfnjk
very Interested. This looks awsome
Old Nov 29th, 2014, 05:31 PM

Tools
User Statistics
You should be interested because it is awesome.

Seriously though, welcome aboard and thank you for the interest! Let me know if you have any questions or need help.
Old Nov 29th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
Thanks! Ill get something together.
Old Nov 30th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Grate Worm

Tools
User Statistics
Question: Are traps/ trap-making a large part of this game?
Old Nov 30th, 2014, 04:59 PM

Tools
User Statistics
bgfnjk: Honestly, I can't say that traps / trap-making is anymore more prevalent in this game than any other game. I mean sure, covert groups tend to play around with traps a bit more than others, but I don't think that it will be something super frequent. However, don't let that stop you from creating a character who specializes in this area. The Imperial Eye will always have a need for creative bomb makers after all.
Old Dec 3rd, 2014, 05:21 PM

Tools
User Statistics
So far, I've had a few nibbles on my line, but no actual hard, solid bites.

Connor & Jaegster have submitted character sketches / overall profiles.

However, I'm still waiting on others to see if this game has the participation it needs to go forward.
Old Dec 3rd, 2014, 08:28 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
I will post something for sure, just starting finals right now for grad school so little busy at the moment. Within the week I can get something up, hopefully not longer. Still have to check out those links!
Old Dec 3rd, 2014, 08:40 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 341
Wolesz Wolesz Wolesz Wolesz
I'm going to submit my application this week, most likely tomorrow. I've been reading up on the setting and having a lot of conflicting ideas about what my character should be, though I think I'm past the worst phase of indecision now. Do you want a ready character sheet with the profile?
Old Dec 4th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Grate Worm

Tools
User Statistics
Still interested. I'm kinda bogged right now and might not get to the app till this weekend though.
Old Dec 4th, 2014, 07:14 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks everyone for the responses!

Yes, obviously when you're getting involved in a totally new setting you need some time to go over it a bit and let it sink in more. As I stated earlier, I don't think anyone here so far has even heard of EFS before this game thread. No problem. Makes total sense and you can all take more time just based on that alone.

In terms of a deadline, I don't have anything set in stone at the moment. I suppose when I have enough interested players with finished characters, then we will start this thing. On my side of things (as the GM), I'm pretty much ready to start whenever.

sageheart & bgfnjk: I hear you. Concentrate on that important stuff in the real world first. You can play around in your imaginations later. We'll wait for you.

Wolesz: I get you on that. I'm pretty notorious for re-doing, re-editing and constantly changing every little detail about my own characters. I'm never satisfied or I'll suddenly get a new idea that I like better... anyways, I understand you on all that. Yes, if you can, I would like the full finished product whenever you can produce it. You can always start with the basic stuff first and leave the character sheet for last as well. You still have a bunch of time all the same.