RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Mar 1st, 2023, 04:21 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6252
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
A dragon. But it seems I'll not get to play it . Until another dm starts a transformer game.

Sorry I haven't drawn a copy yet as the pic I used for the alt is not my own. So it's not posted with the bot.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Mar 1st, 2023 at 04:23 PM.
Old Mar 18th, 2023, 10:42 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 573
Mihatronix Mihatronix Mihatronix Mihatronix Mihatronix Mihatronix
Hello there!

New member here

I was advised I could share my art in this thread and I see there is already a lot of beautiful work shared here!

I would like to share some of my own. I mostly paint digitally. As I do not want to spam you, here are a few of my paintings and sketches, I hope you like them

Old Mar 18th, 2023, 02:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 54982
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Welcome to RPGX, Mihatronix! That's some serious skills you've got there. I'm super impressed, especially by the ship. The first one's cutest, but the ship has so many little fiddly... I'm sure you know what I mean. Very impressive!
Old Mar 18th, 2023, 03:43 PM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6601
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Cool work, Miha!

Playing: Arthur Henry Vane "Milly" Millington-Fairbanks; Haf, Lightbearer; Prepping: Shadowdark / Stonehell: PM if interested
Old Mar 18th, 2023, 10:14 PM
Pseudodragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14683
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous
Beautiful work!I love the clouds and ocean in the ship picture!
Old Mar 20th, 2023, 07:59 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 573
Mihatronix Mihatronix Mihatronix Mihatronix Mihatronix Mihatronix
Hello everyone! Thank you for your kind words, I am truly glad to hear that you like my work
Old Apr 13th, 2023, 09:37 PM
Pseudodragon

Tools
User Statistics
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous
New linoprint! Experimenting with multi-color reduction prints with the help of cardboard stencils to help with registration.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bird_blockprint.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	99262  
Old Apr 14th, 2023, 02:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Oh wow! I love it! I'd consider buying one of those for my bird-obsessed parental unit, even. I really love the way the colors come through.
Old Apr 14th, 2023, 02:48 PM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6601
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Nice work Pseudo!

Playing: Arthur Henry Vane "Milly" Millington-Fairbanks; Haf, Lightbearer; Prepping: Shadowdark / Stonehell: PM if interested
Old Apr 17th, 2023, 10:19 PM
Pseudodragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you! I'm really happy with it how it turned out!
Old May 12th, 2023, 07:49 AM
same, different

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4363
writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite
This is a map for the (where anyone can participate)Ethereal Lands game. Based on HotsuSama's artistic representation.

Old Jul 17th, 2023, 10:13 PM
Pseudodragon

Tools
User Statistics
Lino. Print. LINO. PRINT. LINO! PRINT!

I wanted to try making something that looks like the old-fashioned travel posters. I think I... KIND OF succeeded?? I'm really happy with it, regardless.

Quaking Aspen

The blue tape is part of an attempt to keep the paper aligned correctly when printing. It sort of worked.

This is a reduction print, which means it's made with one single linoleum block that I had to carve away every time I add a new color. Basically, carve away everything I want to stay white and print the whole thing in yellow, then carve away everything I want to stay yellow and print the whole thing in orange, then carve away everything I want to stay orange and print in black. This means that the resulting prints are unique and can never be made in the same way again. It's quite a bit of pressure because one false move can destroy everything.

Here's my original concept sketch and the block ready for the first yellow print.

Here's what they looked like before the final layer of black ink, to show the process:

I ended up getting about 6 good prints.

And here's the final product along with two of my other favorite prints, framed and looking swell.

Last edited by Pseudonymous; Jul 17th, 2023 at 10:14 PM.
Old Jul 19th, 2023, 12:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
That's seriously epic, Pseudonymous! I love the final result and the other two favorites. Those are great prints. Do you sell these, or is it just for fun? (Or both?) I know I'd totally buy one of the woodpecker for family members who love birds, but these others are amazing, too. I remember seeing the woodpecker go by when you posted about it, so I won't repeat my congratulations too many times. The level of detail is amazing! I love the kid in the rain print. The wavy outline reflection... just... *chef kiss*

It's very cool that you can make several prints from one block, even if you don't get "good" prints out of all of them. When I paint, it's kind of a one and done workflow. Same "if you screw up that's it" mentality, but only one final piece. Maybe I should try painting two or three at the same time? Dunno if that would work particularly well.

Last edited by Aethera; Jul 19th, 2023 at 12:38 PM.
Old Jul 19th, 2023, 03:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 914
17fromgreatness 17fromgreatness 17fromgreatness 17fromgreatness 17fromgreatness 17fromgreatness 17fromgreatness 17fromgreatness
Great job, Pseudonymous. I like it a lot. Reminds me of the concert posters made in a similar fashion. I've heard them called "suicide prints" instead of "reduction print" (based on the same process).
Old Jul 19th, 2023, 07:43 PM
Pseudodragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you!! It's a really fun medium to play with and so far most of my attempts have turned out pretty well!

@Aethera: I don't sell them, though I'd like to try it sometime. Mostly it's a matter of me not knowing what kinds of materials I should be using: My paper and inks are all the cheap hobbyist variety and I don't know if people expect these to be on fancy paper or something. Also, I'm basically learning as I go. I'm still figuring out the right amounts of ink and the best ways to keep the prints lined up correctly every time I add a color (lots of experimenting with tape and cardboard frames). Basically, there's a reason why I don't show any closeups. XD

And thank you! The raincoat print was inspired by a trip I took to the beach. It's also my first attempt at reduction printing, so I have a lot of very hard-to-look-at copies that look like those old 3D comic books that you need the red and blue glasses for. I made like 12 prints and got maybe 3 usable ones, but it's still one of my favorites.

@17fromgreatness: That's a pretty accurate name for it! And yeah, you could definitely emulate concert posters with this method!