Old 07-18-2019, 08:09 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 79
rexlerlepp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadral View Post
Noticed Rexlerlepp's application was his first on the site, welcome to the fold o/
Yes, in fact, it was my first post on the site, as I sort of jumped in without looking around.

I'm curious why my character is listed as a WIP. I thought he was complete. Did I miss something?
Old 07-18-2019, 08:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3273
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Thargrun Stoneheart is now complete.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:50 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5668
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlerlepp View Post
Yes, in fact, it was my first post on the site, as I sort of jumped in without looking around.

I'm curious why my character is listed as a WIP. I thought he was complete. Did I miss something?
Its possible mad hasn't had a chance to look it over and put it as WIP until he can.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:56 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
rexlerlepp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retry View Post
Its possible mad hasn't had a chance to look it over and put it as WIP until he can.
Got it, thanks!
Old 07-18-2019, 03:21 PM
MostlyMaddeninglyMadMan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3947
Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlerlepp View Post

If you could add a link from your character to one of the previous officers I will mark you complete.

Working through the other new apps and will review Grouchy’s completed application. Table to be updated shortly.
"There's a slope down toward evil, a gentle gradient that can be ignored at each step, unfelt. It's not until you look back, see the distant heights where you once lived, that you understand your journey." - Prince of Thorns

Last edited by Mostlymad; 07-18-2019 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:58 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
rexlerlepp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostlymad View Post
If you could add a link from your character to one of the previous officers I will mark you complete.
Got it, I misunderstood. Thank you.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:36 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 890
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
App complete!
Old 07-18-2019, 11:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1140
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Not even a heads up that you posted this? Come on man!
Old 07-19-2019, 05:44 PM
MostlyMaddeninglyMadMan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3947
Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad Mostlymad
Sorry, epelj1! I thought you knew!

@rexlerlepp. Reviewed and g2g.
@Azure Nokori. Reviewed but still missing a link to a former officer. Add that in and g2g.
@Grouchy. Reviewed but missing a link to a former officer, also missing a 'keyword' and an About Me section. Add that and g2g.

@All, I am officially extending the deadline by one day as I found out I will not be at work on Monday. All potential players will have until the end of this Monday to post/complete an application. I will review any new applications Tuesday morning and update the final table. Application submission will officially close once I post on Tuesday saying applications are closed. From there I will invite those players with completed applications to come join Session 0. Only a few days left and I'm looking forward to seeing all of your characters in action next week.

~Mad
"There's a slope down toward evil, a gentle gradient that can be ignored at each step, unfelt. It's not until you look back, see the distant heights where you once lived, that you understand your journey." - Prince of Thorns

Last edited by Mostlymad; 07-19-2019 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:13 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 890
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Aiiiiiight Cap’n. Added in and ready! (Hopefully)

Last edited by Azure Nokori; 07-20-2019 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:40 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2329
JoeNotJoey JoeNotJoey JoeNotJoey JoeNotJoey JoeNotJoey JoeNotJoey JoeNotJoey JoeNotJoey JoeNotJoey JoeNotJoey JoeNotJoey
Fenner BrightwickPicture:

Name: - Fenner Brightwick

Race: - Half-Elf

Class + Subclass: - Druid(Land- Coast)

Background: - Fisher

Appearance: - He is of advanced years, even for a half-elf. His hair is the silver of an old human man, not the bright silver of a timeless high elf. His face shows the wrinkles of hard weathering. He has worn a beard for the last few decades which seemed to thicken as age caused his human side to show through more. His hands and clothes show the signs of a life of hard work. Though he is capable enough, age has robbed him of his proud posture and his aching joints swell before a storm. He is constantly fiddling with and ancient pipe that is always going out when forgotten about.

Alignment: - NG

Personality (single paragraph): - He has the temperament of a stern, loving grandfather. He is as prepared to give a treat and a kind word as a stern look and a long lecture. He is full of cliches and rambling stories. He respects the cycle of life, but he has seen too much loss to willingly lose more before he goes.

Where did you acquire your talents? (single paragraph): - He was an apprentice of the spiritual leader in a small, entirely human fishing community. When his master passed the position fell to him. Lean years and hard living took its toll on the community. He saw the deaths of his wife and their children(who took after their mother’s human side). Apprentices came and went. He defended the village as best he could, cared for the sick, and tended to the seas. One day he realized that he was a nigh immortal hermit to these simple people. With several generations of capable apprentices trained he gathered his few possessions and set out beneath the stars.

Officer Position: Cook

Starting Position: Crew

Fenner feel the need to experience more of the natural world before he passes. What could be more primal than distant shores and the sea that binds them all together? No longer having the bonds of family in his little hamlet, he seeks the close knit, self made family he remembers from his youth on fishing boats. He first signed on vouchsafed to the captain by his cousin. His cousin was the first mate for a good long while, but that was years ago. Being full elven stock, he was still too young (by elven standards) to settle into one thing forever. Last Fenner heard of him he had fallen in with a band of adventurers in a distant port. Though there is little physical resemblance, the captain’s willfulness has always reminded him of his daughter.

Realistic Posting Rate: 2-3 times a week is easy. Possibly more, the only difficulty is the time shift…

Previous role playing experience: Lots of tabletop, limited play-by-post. I’m a big fan character choices and consequences. Jonesing…

Number of current forum games: 0

Last edited by JoeNotJoey; 07-24-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:12 AM
Dragoon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1278
zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak zarzak
Annoying question: the planet you've described is tidally locked; such planets only have a habitable zone in the thin strip of twilight around the rim of the planet. The side that always faces the sun (north for your planet) is essentially perpetually burning (all water will have evaporated away), while the side that always faces away from the sun (south) is perpetually frozen. Living in the twilight zone (which would also consistently have severe weather due to the atmospheric affects of the tidal locking) would be very unusual, as there would be no day-night cycle.

What is life on your tidally locked world like?
Old 07-21-2019, 05:22 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2458
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
That's a pretty strange question, given the information about the world in the ad. It's a fantasy world with magic, giants, gods, dragons and probably a kraken down there somewhere. The fact that it doesn't confirm to what would happen on a tidally locked planed in the real world is hardly the weirdest thing about it!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:59 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 483
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymrel View Post
That's a pretty strange question, given the information about the world in the ad. It's a fantasy world with magic, giants, gods, dragons and probably a kraken down there somewhere. The fact that it doesn't confirm to what would happen on a tidally locked planed in the real world is hardly the weirdest thing about it!
This
Old 07-21-2019, 07:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3273
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
I apologize, thought I could finish it at work but things got busy and I got distracted. I pulled my head out of my backside and got it all squared away.

Last edited by Grouchy; 07-21-2019 at 07:41 AM.