RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-13-2020, 04:27 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3504
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
I'm noticing a distinct lack of pool tables :P...

Just kidding, looks good! You certainly put an impressive amount of work into it. The one thing I might comment on is the rest room placement; the paths between the main guest area and the guest restroom intersects with the path between the bar and the bar storage, which might make resupplying the bar on a budy night difficult (because there's always a line). Maybe switch around the rest room and the server room/security room a bit, so that the restrooms are along the right edge of the map, and the bar storage, security room and bar storage are next to each other in the right-hand corner? That might also give you a way to put the storage next to what I assume is the kitchen (the room underneath the area marked as "bar"), plus the restrooms would be more in the middle of the bar... And right next to the performer's restroom, which is just easier plumbing-wise .

Click image for larger version

Name:	vicbar.png
Views:	16
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	83124
Little doodle to better explain what I mean

Just a suggestion, of course! Honestly I don't visit enough bars to have a really good idea of what one would look like .
Old 02-13-2020, 09:29 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7112
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Not yet but I'll have one before start. I am open to suggestions.

Also..

Good idea Demon. I'll see what I can do

Last edited by taleteller50; 02-13-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:57 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
PPS.

Pool tables will be upstairs in the lounge.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:12 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1398
RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild
Name: Rinata Di Zoaida
Clan: Ravnos
Goals: She wants what all 19 year old girls want. The world at her fingertips
Appearance:

Personality: A little testy when it comes to personal space. A woman of definitive taste. She makes a show of not being bothered by anything, of laughing off the most foul of actions, but underneath it all, she trembles that the world would see her for what she is. A scared, exhausted girl who wants to be accepted by everyone.
Stance on Humans: Well, the way she sees it is that there is food and then there is food. The most exquisite things she cannot go without, and that includes exotic donations. Of course, there are humans she could see as friends, but, that doesn't mean she won't feed on them. But, she doesn't drain people. Only takes what she needs.

Introduction: Upon entering the room where the others are gathered, dressed in a deep purple blouse, a flowing black skirt that neatly brushes the floor, Rinata gazes about the room, her dark eyes taking in as much detail as she can, a slight curve, almost a smile, touching the corner of lips, giving her an impish look. She waves slightly, nodding at each individual and repeats her name in a soft Italian accent. "Rinata Di Zoaida." She continues to gaze about the room, seeing what she really wants at the moment, and moves across the room, achingly aware of each pair of eyes that watches her, she sits in a chair situated near a corner, and elegantly seats herself and smiles again at the room.

OOC: Why this character in particular? Well, it has been a long time since I played a Ravnos, one of the Romani. I think it would be fun.Oh, the goals I have for this character is for her to rise, and become a star in a world of darkness. I want to explore the extent of the world. She is 19, and was once an impressionable young mortal woman, who feared not seeing enough of things. Now, she is immortal, with all the time in the world.

Last edited by RacesWild; 02-15-2020 at 02:33 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:39 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 406
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
I added Anarchs Unbound as a source. I'll be looking over Rites of the Blood or whatever it's called probably later today. Any other sources you guys want me to look at? (I'm already considering Beckett's Jyhad Diary).
Old 02-14-2020, 06:41 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
Pool tables will be upstairs in the lounge.
Yassssss.

Also, quick question, I read in the back of the rulebook that the less hysterically insane Malkavians can us Dominate instead of Dementation. Since that description fits my character better, and because I like the discipline better anyway (and my character sheet is more suited for it!), would you be ok with Dean knowing Dominate instead of Dementation?

I mean, I'm still not putting any points into it either way, but it'd be nice if I was able to later on .
Old 02-14-2020, 07:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I explicitly allowed that (I mentioned all the antitribu were allowed), so yeah, you can be a Dominate Malkavian. ^~^ Only problem with Dominate is if you don't want to have the same powers as someone else, our ventrue has Dominate, too. Three dots in it. Not saying no, and it won't be taken into account for who gets in (which looks like everyone so far, unless we get more).

Also, anyone with the Generation background, did any of you want to openly tell whether you've committed diablerie? (I'll ask again in private).

Do any of you have ghouls? (Again, I'll ask in private, too).

As for club name, Club Kshatriya and Tabula Rasa are taken. Not that they were probably being considered or anything, just saying they are. They'll be mentioned in the first IC post, along with brief descriptions in TT tags.

Finally: I noticed a lot of people have their own Herds. Since you're one coterie, might I suggest consolodating them into one group one to save freebie points for other uses? (There's a total of 9 dots in the collective Herd)

Last edited by Ermine; 02-14-2020 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:41 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
I explicitly allowed that (I mentioned all the antitribu were allowed), so yeah, you can be a Dominate Malkavian. ^~^ Only problem with Dominate is if you don't want to have the same powers as someone else, our ventrue has Dominate, too. Three dots in it. Not saying no, and it won't be taken into account for who gets in (which looks like everyone so far, unless we get more).
Thanks! I'll go for the Dominate regardless- it just fits my character background better, plus I'm missing all the important skills and attributes to make Dementation work... Keep in mind, though, that Dean will probably focus on the other two disciplines, regardless- its more the principle of the matter!

Quote:
Also, anyone with the Generation background, did any of you want to openly tell whether you've committed diablerie? (I'll ask again in private)
Since Dean has only been a vampire for a week, I doubt he even knows what Diablerie is! I'm thinking his sire Embraced him and then abandoned him, so he has basically no knowledge about vampires other than blood = good, sun = bad. I highly doubt, though, he'd know where to find any vampires who were worth diablerizing, let alone why he'd want to.

Quote:
Finally: I noticed a lot of people have their own Herds. Since you're one coterie, might I suggest consolodating them into one group one to save freebie points for other uses?
I'm... fine with that, but I didn't spend any freebie points on Herd. Also, for Dean, the Herd represents the Homeless under his protection, so I don't know exactly how sharing the points among players would work (not saying I'm opposed to it, I'm just unsure how we'd go about pooling our resources!).
Old 02-14-2020, 07:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Basically, each of you contributes a dot or two to it (can label it as "group herd" or something to make it obvious). The herd is just a mix of all of your collective groups, just spread out more. I'm only suggesting it because like I said, it saves points for other things, and because three of you have a total of 9 dots, which is an obscene, Masquerade-withering number of people.

Combined herd still lets you have the homeless people under your protection, don't worry~

To be clear, you guys don't HAVE to do that, though (if you don't want to share your herd). It's just a suggestion and has no bearing on whether you'll get accepted. I hope it didn't come across as me being rude. ^//^

Edit: Also approving Rites of the Blood as a source.

Last edited by Ermine; 02-14-2020 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4656
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
I added a character sheet to my post (using DemonSlayer's example), mostly for practice. I'll admit I struggled with Backrounds. I originally went with 5 dots of Generation because I wanted the down and out character to start, but changed it up completely after another look at it. I still have one background dot to place, but I am also thinking about redoing the whole thing again to try some stuff out.

I am curious how much use disciplines see in most games. I went with a rare bloodline with a unique discipline, and put a lot into advancing it, but would I be better off putting all those freebie points elsewhere?
Old 02-14-2020, 10:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
It's as useful as you make it. That discipline in particular could be useful in many situations, I think.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:44 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 557
Vailee Vailee Vailee Vailee Vailee Vailee
Phoenix
right-aligned image

Name: Phoenix
Clan: Gangrel

Goals: Phoenix has spent a good deal of their life looking after their little sister. Ainít no one gonna tell her she canít do that anymore just because sheís dead now. Of course, itís a little harder now that Phoenix canít be there for her during the day but that just makes her more determined to find some way to keep her safe. Otherwise, Phoenix is big on learning more thaumaturgy and possibly other disciplines. What occult fanatic wouldnít be elastic over the ability to learn what magic?

Appearance: Phoenix isnít much one to look after her appearance. They tend to choose comfort over style, preferring baggy layers and ripped jeans. The kind of clothes she wore growing up poor. Her one real vanity is her long wavy red hair. It, like her clothing style, was was a decision forced on her as a child that sheíd come to claim as her own, even as sheíd known it would be far easier to cut it. Now, of course, itís too late.

Despite her young-looking face, Phoenix has rather serious grey eyes. She seems rather jumpy and is always keeping an eye out. She tends to slump and try to make herself look smaller, more the type to keep her eyes down, watching where she's going.

Personality: Phoenix has always thought of herself as a simple girl. She had her interests - technology, the occult and looking after her sister.

While Phoenix was just as likely to take apart any electronic gadget she could get her hands to see how it worked, her real interest lay in computers. Interested in both the hardware and software Phoenix quickly started making and developing her own computers and applications.

She was just as enthusiastic about her interest in the occult. It had started with paranormal storybooks borrowed from the library and ended up with her exploring obscure and hidden forums. Well, it had been an ending in one way, in another it had been another beginning.

Stance on Humans: Phoenix had mixed views on humans. Her parents were terrible and she couldnít care less about what happened to them. They definitely just counted as food. Then there was her sister. Phoenix had spent most of their life looking after her and would do anything to protect her, even now. She was definitely more than just a friend. As for everyone else? Phoenix's pessimistic views tended to label them all as nothing more than food. But despite her tough attitude Phoenix often found it all too easy to start caring about people when they showed her any kind of friendship.

Introduction:

OOC: Why this character? Phoenix shares a lot of my interests, (among other things), so a chance to RP someone whoís got more time and energy to devote to them certainly has itís appeal. While I came up with the initial concept for another game it didnít quite fit so itís also appealing to expand on it for the chance to play them in this game. Also from what it looks like there hasnít been anyone focusing more on mental skills so a more knowledge-focused character might make for an interesting mix. I donít really have any goals right now. Aside from, like Phoenix herself, having her learn more thaumaturgy/disciplines. Magic yo.

Last edited by Vailee; 02-24-2020 at 02:48 AM.
Old 02-16-2020, 12:47 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Vic's Generation is from having a higher generation Sire, not from diablerie.

I'm also fine with combining Herd points but that would indicate some of us have know each other from before. There is also the fact that Vic's Domaine, ie. his bar, will likely be used by the group so if people wish to only rely on that it's fine but if we combine with a point we could 'control' the entire block.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:10 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old 02-17-2020, 11:02 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1540
swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82 swordplay82
I'm up for combining Herds. Just rationalize it as Di's fans