RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 20th, 2021, 06:54 AM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5112
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
Xue-Mihun, Enrapturing Sorceress of Unsacred Rites and Forbidden Knowledge
right-aligned image

Most Companion's that Xue-Mihun found this day at this bar she had at least heard about, if she hadn't even worked together with them in the past. But knowing about Fu and his establishment there was the supposed guarantee of privacy, so even as she had never heard of Muffie before and "The Couch Girlfriend" seemed like a title one would have heard of before, if not just for its peculiarity, her mere presence denoted her as just another Companion. That Muffie seemed to know about the currently present group and their current mission only added to her legitimacy, so when the girlfriend addressed her about her scars, she gave the human woman a soft smile bearing no harshness. "Scars? You must be talking about my tattoo then. How perceptive of you, but no. I'd say I take a bit faster than you to get everything done, but considering life spans I might have had more time to practice. Either way, it does make my job easier that my wyrm doesn't reach to my face. That wouldn't be very... classy, would it?" Xue-Mihun was aware of the vanity of their current conversation, but it was a luxury she quite readily embraced. There weren't many adventurers like Muffie and even if she hadn't called out the notorious Salambiccus for his buffoonery, she would have thought of the Couch Girlfriend as quite refreshing company.

The blood sorceress kept placidly observing all the going-ons from her place at the table and while she thought that giving the dwarven jester's absurdities attention only fed into his spiel, she did get curious as she watched Muffie prepare Rammariel before he was about to be called to his half of the job continuation. Rammar? That's the stage name he chose for himself to distract Grudge, isn't it? What a bland mistake to make. She gave Muffie a knowing smile, but of course didn't say anything. There was absolutely no reason to embarrass the girl as she was happily making waves to encourage everybody before they would eventually have to return to dealing with the cultists. She did however deign to inform Muffie after a slightly superfluous pep-talk that she had made one misassumption. "Everything is on the house today, darling."

[OOC: I don't think there is much to plan yet, we don't really know what the cultist will do.]

Old Jul 20th, 2021, 02:15 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 632
LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl LadyNotAGirl
Drink's on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindsiege View Post
She did however deign to inform Muffie after a slightly superfluous pep-talk that she had made one misassumption. "Everything is on the house today, darling."
“I’m glad, because, um well, it looks like your purse is missing. You really should either carry a bigger bag or keep it closer to you, especially in a bar. It’s like rule number one. I haven’t let mine go since I got here, and I don’t carry any coins, they just take up too much space anyway, but maybe everyone else should check too?” Muffie twirls her blonde hair around her finger playfully. "Besides, drinks are on the house for the Crossing Companions, and I am clearly not a member of that team. I am the Couch Girlfriend. So I'm not entirely sure that your — on the house — drinks apply to me in this situation."

Noticing Jyl across the room Muffie gives a bright smile. The halfling has a special place in her heart. Almost as special a place as Daryl. Sighing Muffie turns back to Xue-Mihun "I know you probably don't mean to be rude saying that tattoos and such on the face aren't classy, and I feel like you are alluding to Jyl's facial mishap. But I think of it more like a battle scar, one she took on bravely while trying to help her team. Chicks dig scars, they're hot, which makes Jyl hot."

To make her point, Muffie looks at her bag and casts Cabana-Rama, calling four really hot beach chicks out of the Louie Vuitton. Quickly explaining the marks on Jyl's face she hands the halfling a facecloth and nudges her to wipe her face, assuring her there was more foundation to apply after Muffie had made her point. Muffie looks at Xue, ""See, all girls love a brooding warrior with a tragic story behind their ink."

Out of Character

Dice roll please

Last edited by LadyNotAGirl; Jul 21st, 2021 at 12:18 AM.
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 12:43 AM
memory collapses time

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25275
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
A short dwarf with a long beard and a ridiculous dwarf-costume 101 hat returns to the bar.

"Is it dart night tonight?" he asks, looking around to see who is in the bar.

DART RULES ��
Each player gets 3, 1d20 throws, thrown one at a time.
If first roll is above a 10, player has found their groove, and gets +1 for next roll.
If first roll is above a 15, player has found a sweet spot and gets a +4 for next roll.
If first roll is a nat20, then player has hit a bull's eye and gets a +10 on next roll AND throws with advantage.
A critical fail Nat1 (regardless of any modifier) means next throw is done with a -4 modifier AND disadvantage.

Second throw rolls incorporate bonus (if any) from first roll, and applies any new carry-over bonuses (on the same system as outlined above)
to third roll.

Third throw rolls incorporate bonus (if any) from second roll.

Adjusted total of three rolls is added for total score.

No magic is allowed. The dart board senses and repels all trickery.
Customized darts are NOT magical. Customized darts are specially described darts that correspond to your character's personality or backstory.
Any character using customized darts, gets an automatic +1 bonus to all rolls.
CN5 characters get no additional bonuses. You are sporty enough, you dumb jocks.

Players can use the dart board at any time, BUT each player can attempt their HALL OF FAME tournament throw only once, and must declare that they are throwing for HALL OF FAME at beginning of post AND use the locked-text dice throws (the red-plus sign dice icon) when coding.

EXAMPLE
Gramps steps up and throws his first dart
Dice Roll:
1d20 12

That's above a 10, so Gramps carries a +1 bonus to next throw!

Second throw
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (15)+1 Total = 16

Sweet! That adjusted bonus got him above 15, so he carries a +4 into final throw

Third throw
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (18)+4 Total = 22

So 12+16+22=50 points! Not bad for an old dwarf. But surely YOU can beat that?

Last edited by bananabadger; Jul 24th, 2021 at 01:41 PM.
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 12:49 PM
memory collapses time

Tools
User Statistics
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Gramps notices a set of darts with glitter-covered shafts and pink-feathered flights, lying in an opened alligator-leather designer handbag.
"CG, did you come here to play?"

Last edited by bananabadger; Jul 24th, 2021 at 12:51 PM.
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 01:19 PM
fundamentally useless

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10122
stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol
Salambiccus showed up covered in sweat and dust, still panting.

"Argh. Those guards are really slow, and dumb (and smelly and their momma so fat etc etc), but there's so many of them! And they give chase relentlessly. I had to consume half my bag o' caltrops."

"So, what's going o... ooOOOooooh, darts! Lemme try!"
Dice First roll:
d20 4

The dart embedded itself deeply in the eye socket of a wooden automaton passing by. "Hey, don't pass in front of the target while I'm shooting!" (the animated waited was very far from the target)
Dice Second roll:
d20 7

"Heh, a little bit better. At least I actually hit the board."
Dice Third roll:
d20 14

"See? I'm getting better with every try. Anyway this game is silly, I don't want to play anymore, I don't even want to know how many points you got. Stupid darts."

Last edited by stepanxol; Jul 24th, 2021 at 01:25 PM.
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 01:25 PM
memory collapses time

Tools
User Statistics
Gramps hands Sal a small leather bag.

Inside are three darts. Instead of flights, they have three ass tails (don't PG-13 flag me, that's what the pointy ends of a jester hat are called!), each with a little bell at the tip (don't even go there!).

"Try these!"

Last edited by bananabadger; Jul 24th, 2021 at 01:42 PM.
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 01:37 PM
fundamentally useless

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10122
stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol
"Nyaaahh... I don't feel like..." whined Sal in a whiny voice.

But then he stole a second look of the gorgeous darts. "Oooooh, shiny! Are those bells actual silver?"

"Mmmh, maybe later."
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 01:55 PM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege Mindsiege
right-aligned image

Xue-Mihun wore an idle smile on her face as she listened to Muffie's assertions, but underneath the surface, there were multiple things that gave her pause. Not a Crossing Companion? A VIP then if Fu allows her here, but why is she so well informed about our current roster then? Considering everything, the Couch Girlfriend, whatever kind of title that was, seemed to be an element allied with the Companion's at least, which was still enough for the elven sorceress to humour her. However, a few things she was saying weren't really humorous, and only when Xue-Mihun was called out on it, she realized herself that she indeed had a problem with Jyl this evening. As much as I like the competency of her dagger work, this defeatist attitude because her talents were deemed more valuable behind the scenes is... pathetic. Xue-Mihun didn't allow herself to feel her emotional reaction too strongly, but aside from the idea of facepaint in the form of childish motifs was bothering her sense of aesthetic, the way Jyl was getting drunk and handling herself was bothering her a whole lot more. It is... just so unprofessional...

But as much as Xue-Mihun was warming up to Muffie's swift tongue, she decided to not let the other woman's comments affect her enjoyment of Fu's bar. "Ah, Jyl, of course that's not what I was going for." Turning away from Muffie the elven woman shot a smile over at the halfling as she was still getting worked on with cosmetics. "You are pretty even with everything that happened to you today. Sorbo is a master of his work, and when you sleep... that off," she gestured in Jyl's general direction, "then you're going to stand proudly without anybody laughing at you." After taking a small sip of her drink, Xue-Mihun turned over to the illusionary projections of what was happening at Governor Brick's Estate. Jyl and Muffie weren't anything to get upset about, but the last thing that the blonde had said to her made the elf with red hair thoughtful. Brooding warriors with stories behind their ink... What an odd choice of words. With one slender finger she absentmindedly trailed along the scaley image of the wyrm on her arm. Is it tragic if it gave you power beyond what others hold in return? With all this chaos at the Estate, they've planned badly not to take my skills with them... With another sip, Xue-Mihun leaned back in her seat and discarded any thoughts that could be considered brooding. She keenly observed as the Bishop's fears came to pass and readied herself for when her own call to arms would now soon come. When the jokester Salambiccus and the old dwarf with the peg leg returned to play darts, the blood sorceress left them to their game with a mysterious smile, her mind completely focused on the cult and actively ignoring Muffie's insights having surpassed hers. Rammariel had kept calling himself Rammar, even when he started flirting with another dwarf. Xue-Mihun did her best to not let that irk her on top of everything else.

Last edited by Mindsiege; Jul 24th, 2021 at 02:02 PM.
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 02:07 PM
memory collapses time

Tools
User Statistics
"Hey, there, young Miss," Gramps says after walking over to the brooding figure. "My grand-grand-grand-nieces tell me I should never clothing-shame a young lady ... but don't you want to put some clothes on? I mean, being cold-blooded AND naked in a drafty bar, that can't be good for your nasal cavities, right? And nasal cavities are what you are all about, right?"

He was, of course, talking to the wyrm.

"Oh, sorry, wait ... which one of you is the Companion, and which one of you is the familiar? Errr ... anyway. Just wanted to invite either of you—both of you, even!—to play darts. Let me just, ummm ... check the rules here. Nope! Nothing says you have to be wearing clothes. So, wyrms and crabs and old-school near-naked familiars (or Companions!) can play!"

This was meant to be cheery. Gramps wasn't sure if he was carrying this off. After all, he was always awkward around wyrms. I mean, they could be the baby of any of the dozens he had killed in the past.

"So ... ummm, here are the rules if you are interested ..." he says, laying down a brochure. "Oh, and name's Bronthur, pleased to meet you," he finishes, taking off his cap and making a small bow.

Last edited by bananabadger; Jul 24th, 2021 at 02:40 PM.
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 02:54 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
What, Why are you here?

“Gramps, why are you here? Shouldn't you be at the Governor's mansion trying to stop the evil plans from happening?" Muffie asks looking down at her phone and taps buttons. She has been caught up in trying to plan she has not even taken a moment to glance at the screen for what seems like hours. "Oh, Oh my! Gramps, whatever have you done... no, don't say anything, spoilers and all... well it's too late to change any of that now. If the Jester is here as well then that must mean we didn't plan quickly enough. No problem. We can wait for the others to return, then start making our plans for what to do next."

Muffie looks at the darts set on her purse. She had not put them there, and that was very curious. "That reminds me of one more small fact. Everyone should mind their money, it seems we had a thief when everyone departed last time, and we still have not had time to figure out who it is. Mine is rather large, and always right in front of me, I don't carry coins, but if you did have a coin purse, you may want to make sure you still have it."

Muffie takes her purse and the small dog with her towards the dartboard. Setting them both at her feet she looks at the board sideways. This shouldn't be That hard right. "Piddles, watch mommy's purse while she plays, bite anyone who tries to touch my bag."

Out of Character

Dice roll please

Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.

Last edited by LadyNotAGirl; Jul 24th, 2021 at 03:05 PM.
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 03:08 PM
memory collapses time

Tools
User Statistics
Stell
left-aligned image

A ruggedly handsome scarlet creature with piercing eyes and a large bag of money scuttles over to the dart board.

"Oh, what we got here? A playuh! A shark! A would-be-dart queen, eh? Those are some pretty good throws. And you wasn't even using your customized dart bonus. Shame about the technical disqualification since you messed around with the roll, but it happens, it happens."

"So, princess....what you say we do a tournament? This big pile of legitimately hard-earned gold with coins from various adventuring realms ... versus ... hmmm, looks like you don't have much gold. How 'bout this? This pile of riches goes to you if you win. And I get to eat your lapdog if I win? Deal?"

Stell waits for the answer as he pulls out a lobster-shell bag holding three, scarlet-red darts, each one decorated with ornate seashells and octopus hide for the grips.

"Or, you know, in case you were planning on eating that dog yourself, we could just make it a 1-on-1 battle AND record our results for our one-time HALL OF FAME entry scores? AND if you win, I'll wear your silly sticker for a week. BUT if I win, you have to add "PROBABLY A BURNER ACCOUNT FOR ADMIN DIRK" into your signature."

Last edited by bananabadger; Jul 24th, 2021 at 03:20 PM.
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 04:27 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Why am I Negotiating with a Crab?"Firstly, I don't think that money is even yours. Secondly, if you try and eat my dog, I do know a rather good recipe for crab Rangoon. I also don't know who this admin Dirk is, but she seems like excellent girlfriend material. Maybe you should introduce us." Muffie eyes the crab suspiciously and she quickly thinks of a plan. "What about this as a counteroffer? How about you give everyone their money back, I don't tell anyone it was you who took it, and I'll play your game. If you win I'll help find a way to save Gramps after his little shenanigans back at the mansion, and if I win you will wear a full glittery pink jumpsuit for a full week with the words JUICY on the backs of your eyes."

Out of Character

Old Jul 24th, 2021, 05:09 PM
memory collapses time

Tools
User Statistics
Stell
left-aligned image

"Can't prove nothing about the money bag and Gramps don't need no saving. You seen his new No Ragrets tattoo? Dude's sick. But I'll wear your pink juicy clothes if I lose, and if you lose, you gotta do the Admin Dirk signature."

Stell pulls out his lobster-shell bag again.

"Here go my throws...this is for HALL OF FAME and our BIG BET."

Dice First Hall of Fame throw with customized +1 darts:
1d20+1 (10)+1 Total = 11

"Above 10 on first throw, so I'm throwing the next at +2"
Dice Second Hall of Fame throw with customized darts and above 10 bonus:
1d20+2 (16)+2 Total = 18

"Above 15, so this one's coming in at +5"

Dice Third Hall of Fame throw with customized darts +1 and +4 bonus:
1d20+5 (15)+5 Total = 20

"All right, Princess Dirk ... you got to beat a 49!"

Last edited by bananabadger; Jul 24th, 2021 at 05:13 PM.
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 06:00 PM
Besieged by deadlines

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image

As the elderly dwarf walked over to her and introduced himself, Xue-Mihun looked up from the table and let herself be distracted from the goings-on of everything still happening at the estate. At first she gave the old Companion a graceful smile, happy to finally make his acquaintance after seeing him in action, but as he kept talking, her smile changed into a confused blinking. Is he... talking to the tattoo? Picking up the brochure her gaze switched back and forth between Bronthur and his dart rules, deciding how she could gracefully react to the old dwarf's nearsightedness. Finally she managed to regain her smile. "Elder Bronthur, I am very pleased to meet you as well. Don't worry about any drafts in this bar, my little pet is quite resilient to any imaginable harm. Rise!"

The wyrm manifested with a flash of crimson and playfully wrapped itself around its master. Evoking her wyrm was the best way not to shame the elder dwarf. "I am good over here, still watching what is happening with the cult, but my pretty will gladly pay you some company with your game." She stroked the head of her scaly beast, even as there was no mind of its own behind its nuzzling in response. She preferred keeping goodwill between herself and any Companion that was inclined to be favourable towards her, so she elegantly overlooked the old dwarf's comments about her own attire. She knew the effect it had on some, but she was very well above such concerns and only smiled at the attention.

"Hush, darling. Go play with Bronthur, I'll be watching from over here." With another smile she sent the wyrm flying, picking up some darts with its nimble claws. The physical dexterity of her spell exceeded anything that Xue-Mihun was capable of, and as she shared her wyrm's senses she could multitask humouring Bronthus while keeping an eye on Fu's illusionary display. While hovering at the appropriate distance from the dartboard, the avatar played the game as well as his blood mage master steered its movements. "There you have it, elder, a mere 21 points. I'll admit, my pretty is not really in the habit of throwing things. Usually it rather spits fire instead." The elven sorceress fought any impulse down on having the wyrm spit fire at the dartboard after her measly performance. That would have been the height of shameful behaviour this evening and there really was no good reason to do so. After excusing herself she returned her full attention back to the illusion on the table in front of her.
The wyrm's dart exploits, HALL OF FAME for Xue-Mihun if applicable
Dice First throw - no bonus:
d20 10
Dice Second throw - no bonus:
d20 7
Dice Third throw - no bonus:
d20 4

Last edited by Mindsiege; Jul 24th, 2021 at 06:18 PM.
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 06:38 PM
memory collapses time

Tools
User Statistics
Cheese FriesOnce Brinehonz realizes the wrym isn't interested in settling ancestral grudges, he warms to the creature.

"Do you like cheese fries? I gotta go easy on account of the dairy, but these ones are amazing!" he says, offering a bowl.

"Stell!" Brinehonz calls out. "Don't post those scores without the bonuses! I guess that avatar stuff was her customized set, so scores should be: 11, 8 and 5 ... so 24!"

Hall of Fame Standing

Fu Bar Dart Hall of Fame
Name Score
Stell 49
Xue-Mihun 24

*feel free to quote the scoreboard and/or image if your character does a Hall of Fame throw and you want to update the scoreboard!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fu Bar Dart Board.png
Views:	117
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	91771  

Last edited by bananabadger; Jul 24th, 2021 at 06:42 PM.