Other [TRAVELLER] Dreams of a Neon Sky - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 20th, 2021, 09:33 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31206
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Ok cool.

@Rain

I'm done with my app.
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 11:31 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11704
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Thanks. Will do a final check once the party is set.
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 04:13 PM
a bit like you and me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6306
cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind
MoonZar, Howling Winds, Avner, and savoylen - would Whisper/Anya/Dr. Malachai/Alonzo be up for another PC Connection with Mickey?

Mickey is an artificer/support mage/field medic (linked here). He was an auxiliary support (who had to stay in the shuttle) for mage-knight jobs as far back as 4-8 years prior, and started running fixes with others in the past 4 years. If youíre up for it, and have a vision for a possible connection, please do share! Or if youíre up for it but donít have a vision for a connection, let me know and Iíll draft an idea and share it back with you
Pronouns: He/Him | Posting Status: :) | PCs: Dr. Ouzo in 1,000,000 Ways to Die in the Weird West | The Altrix Dunyazad in Uncaged | Varley in Niyaga's Silver Marches | Old Man Ingo in Sins of the Past | Genevieve in In the Shadow of the Chthonian Star

Last edited by cottontailwind; Jul 20th, 2021 at 04:15 PM.
Old Jul 27th, 2021, 04:33 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Hi Cotton -

Sure, happy to help. Suggest something! I'd like to improve her mechanic skills, so maybe they worked together on a machine or bike?
Old Jul 27th, 2021, 08:10 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31977
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Not sure how to connect them, but I would be up for it. Mickey seems the complete absence of everything that Dr Malachai has worked on with cybernetics, but maybe when he goes on his Psi pilgrimage he can run into him?
Old Jul 27th, 2021, 10:29 AM
a bit like you and me

Tools
User Statistics
cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind
Awesome, thanks! Here's some first wave ideas, so feel free to add/remove/change/decline as works best:

MoonZar: In Mickey's Terms 3 and 4 (Akina's terms 2 and 3), he was sneaking out of an Estate (magic guild) satellite campus in Arcon to go visit fixer bars. While he was tooling around, he could have been on a run-down bike that ended up breaking down. Akina might have approached, seeing that he was an easy target for local gangs, being alone, with a broken down bike, and having little street sense? Her presence may have been enough to ward away anyone looking for an easy pick, but Mickey would have started trying to fix his bike, and through talking, they may have ended up fixing his bike together. Mickey would take Mechanics 1 also, having grown up with mechanic parents but never having the need to apply the skills on his own. Thoughts?

Avner: Mickey's parents were mechanics who expanded into cybernetics, operating in the slums on fixers and gangsters, but having solid real-world experience. They may have worked on someone alleged to have the psionic gift, even if their cybernetic work on them wasn't specifically related to psionics-enhancement. When Dr. Malachai began his work with cybernetics-psionics synthesis, would he have sought out/been interested in receiving reports from those who'd grafted cybernetics onto psionics, as a control? E.g., "non-psionic-enhancing cybernetics were reported as having XYZ effects on the subject's psychic energies" or "our client who was rumored to have psionics absolutely refused to have thermal-inductor adaptors in the neck or spine, suggesting a possible interference between grade CF7 cybernetic implants and psychic powers" or some such. If so, Mickey's parents may have asked him to deliver their reports (and collect payment, if involved, as a trusted courier) to Dr. Malachai. There, Mickey would have geeked out over Dr. Malachai's lab. Mickey would have been working as an Artificer for the Estate (mage's guild) at that time, so he might have been able to glean some new insights into artificing based on seeing the lab and asking Malachai a thousand questions?

Or, if they met while Dr. Malachai was on a psilgrimage, they could have crossed paths when the Estate sent a team out to investigate rumors of forbidden magic-use, but made Mickey stay in the van. If Dr. Malachai had reason to cross by, whether by chance or if he sensed the strange (magical) powers emanating from nearby, they could have got to talking and compared magic with psionics. Mickey would likely look to increase his Artificer skill from the Connection in any event. Thoughts?
Pronouns: He/Him | Posting Status: :) | PCs: Dr. Ouzo in 1,000,000 Ways to Die in the Weird West | The Altrix Dunyazad in Uncaged | Varley in Niyaga's Silver Marches | Old Man Ingo in Sins of the Past | Genevieve in In the Shadow of the Chthonian Star
Old Jul 27th, 2021, 11:04 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Good. They have stayed in contact, whatever phone/comm system we use in this setting. You can also choose a different skills if u want our party to have more different options.

Last edited by MoonZar; Jul 27th, 2021 at 11:11 AM.
Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM
a bit like you and me

Tools
User Statistics
I re-read some of the magic item creation rules and think I bit off a bit more than I can chew in rolling up an artificer/support mage as a PC archetype - I'm rescinding my character application. Big thanks to everyone for jumping in with Connection opportunities, and extra big thanks to Silent Rain as always for answering all my newbie questions and for helping to onboard players into gaming systems new to us! Happy gaming!
Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Ok, cottontailwind. No problem.

I had another of my games end, so I will be replacing it in a little bit. Working on a Mass Effect Traveller 2e conversion. Perhaps that would be a better fit for you.
Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Mass Effect! YAH!!!! It's for this game here??

Last edited by MoonZar; Yesterday at 12:11 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
No, take a look at my sig. With only 4 applicants here now, I am concerned about running this one. If everyone would rather play in the Mass Effect setting, I would put this game on the shelf and have the another application thread opened soon.
Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18737
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
I think it depends on the '4' really... my classic traveller game started with 6, we're down to three active players and its quite enjoyable. I'll recruit again once my guys survive the planet they're one (if)

That being said, I'm happy to do this or Mass Effect (I'm also a fan) - whatever makes the group happy.

The only thing I have on the horizon is a Dune game that I'll spin up to see if there is interest about the same time as the movie hits.
Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Up to you! Maybe if we convert this to mass effect we can get more players? i could use the same character, just rewrite her a bit and use your biotics table.

Last edited by MoonZar; Yesterday at 11:46 PM.
Old Today, 12:07 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31977
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
I would be up for it Silent Rain. I agree we probably want more interest from the start to keep the fire burning.
Old Today, 01:40 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
MAtherton
I'd be interested in joining for this. Give me some time to roll up a character.

If I rolled a Mage, is there a limit on the number of specializations?

Last edited by MAtherton; Today at 02:22 AM.