Other [D&D (Basic/Expert)] - Adventures in Mystara - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 21st, 2021, 06:13 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 177
Jayth Jayth
Don’t worry you’re not the first. I’m afraid you only get that opportunity to swap 2 for 1 in your prime requisite once. So your plan won’t work I am sorry to say.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 06:17 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 419
Inlaa Inlaa Inlaa Inlaa Inlaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayth View Post
Donít worry youíre not the first. Iím afraid you only get that opportunity to swap 2 for 1 in your prime requisite once. So your plan wonít work I am sorry to say.
That's fine! It means my character will have largely well rounded stats, and that's fine by me. I'm working on the sheet now!

I went ahead and bought the old BECMI edition player's guide off of Drive Thru RPG. Cost 5 dollars; seems like a fair price! I'll use that to fill out my sheet as best as I can before I post again.

Thank you for your patience!
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 07:53 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, so I started with a 17 in STR and a 12 in INT. I took 2 points out of INT and slapped it into STR. This gives me a solid, well-rounded character with positive modifiers in every stat but INT, and I am more than happy with that!

Reading the BECMI player's guide, I see that dwarves know extra languages, and that anyone of average intelligence gets a bonus alignment language over Common. Are we using those rules? I assume since her INT is non-negative he can read all those languages as well. (If so, that would mean my character speaks and reads Common, Dwarven, Gnome, Goblin, and Kobold, plus another language...)

Also, I understand that I don't modify my saving throw chart by my wisdom modifier, but rather I add my character's wisdom modifier when making certain saving throws. Is that correct?

Anyway, I think I did everything right. Let me know if I made any mistakes!

Renzi StonebreakerRenzi is a steel-clad dwarf with a dark brown beard, long hair, and amber eyes. The warrior speaks with a defiant tone, and is clearly strong and well-built even among other dwarves. Renzi is a woman, but no non-dwarves would figure that out at first glance; and given the secretive nature of her kin, she has no intention of correcting anyone that calls her 'Sir Dwarf.'

Renzi's place in dwarven society was set in stone from birth. She was the daughter of humble miners, a noble but ultimately poor dwarf's profession. No smith or merchant's daughter was she; it was Renzi's place to dig, and so she built up her strength over many years in the mines. And strength Renzi had in spades! Under different circumstances, she might have been given an opportunity to train among the warriors, to earn an honored place among her kin. But in the rigid society of the dwarves, such an opportunity is rarely given to women, least of all to one of such low status.

But there was a warrior who desired Renzi's hand, and her father arranged a marriage for her. But the young woman had no intention of letting herself be married off without having a chance to prove herself to the world! So, one week before she was to be wed, Renzi took her hard-earned coins and packed her things. The young dwarf left her home to seek out fame and fortune. She wants to bring honor to her family and to her clan, to prove herself as a hero, and to right a few wrongs while doing so. And perhaps, Renzi hopes, she can make her family fabulously wealthy...

Character Sheet
  • Name: Renzi Stonebreaker
  • Alignment: Lawful
  • Class: Dwarf
  • Level: 1
  • XP: 0
  • Gold: 5
  • HP: 6
  • AC: 1

Attributes
AttributeSTRDEXCONINTWISCHA
Score181516101314
Mod+3+1+2+0+1+1

Saving Throws
Saving Throwvs.Death Ray/Poisonvs. Magic Wandsvs. Paralysis/Turn to Stonevs. Dragon Breathvs. Rod/Staff/Spell

Demihuman Abilities
Infravision (60’), Detection (Traps in stone work, sliding corridors, slopes, new construction): 1-2 (D6)

Equipment
Weapons/Armor
Plate Mail Armor; AC 3
Shield; AC +1
Mace; 1d6 damage
Spear x2; 1d6 damage, can be thrown 20/40/60 feet

Other Gear
Iron Rations (1 week)
Standard Rations (1 week)
Backpack
Large Sack
Small Sack
Waterskin
Rope (50 ft)
Spikes (iron, 12") and small Hammer
Tinder Box

Last edited by Inlaa; Jul 21st, 2021 at 08:04 AM.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 07:57 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jayth Jayth
@Inlaa - looks great. I want to check your AC calculations but I don’t have the book in front of me. Other than that fantastic.

To answer your other questions:

Your wisdom modifier is applied only to your rolls vs. Spells. Don’t worry about languages etc. It also ties into NWP which we aren’t using. Looks great. Glad to have you.

Last edited by Jayth; Jul 21st, 2021 at 07:59 AM.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 08:03 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jayth Jayth
Applications now closed. Thank you everyone.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 08:05 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Awesome, thanks for the info!

On AC, page 36 of the Player's Manual says Plate Mail is 3 AC. +1 for the shield reduces that to 2, and I believe Dexterity of +1 reduces that to 1. If that's all true, then I think that's correct? I trust your judgment!

If not, maybe I have the wrong version of the book? I started with 120 gold, so the plate mail cost 60 of that, the shield 10.

Last edited by Inlaa; Jul 21st, 2021 at 08:06 AM.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 08:09 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Jayth Jayth
No you are right. Just couldn’t remember plate ac from my head.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 10:36 AM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 417
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebiRedHair View Post
We do need a Dwarf to get the full set of classes, if that is agreeable with you
Gotta catch'em all!

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 03:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3982
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Yeah, I hate caps as well, but at the same time, I know this should be a fun game. Been a long time for me. So, I went wit an elf, when back then, all I played was humans.