Old Jan 24th, 2021, 05:08 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 214
mpowell60 mpowell60 mpowell60
got the PM, wont let me reply...yet

will recalc on the history...
changes the characters motivations a bit from revenge..
will update soon.

Post #3

Last edited by mpowell60; Jan 24th, 2021 at 05:08 PM. Reason: forgot someting
Old Jan 24th, 2021, 05:09 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 214
mpowell60 mpowell60 mpowell60
Post #4
Old Jan 24th, 2021, 06:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 271
jemmus jemmus jemmus
Nice to see more interest and that there's an official game thread now. I announced this game on reddit (r/amber_diceless_rpg) and in the FB Amber diceless group. Hope we get more interest.
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Jan 27th, 2021, 03:45 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55
nikomaru
Hey, didn't know there was an fb group for ADRPG. Mostly because I don't frequent fb for anything anymore. I got a link from jemmus and reposted his lfg post (which I can delete on request) to reddit.com/r/Amber_DRPG. I'm gonna build up to four posts so we can Do This.

Larson, I'm interested in playing, although I'm not sure of my post frequency, I've played by forum before, so this could be fun. Once I read the rules. And the background. And this alternate system. So much reading.
Old Jan 27th, 2021, 03:56 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
nikomaru
I only say I doubt my post consistency because I have limited access to personal time for anything. Stay-at-home-dad and all. Kids keep me busy enough that my hobbies take a back-seat every time I want some me time. That's how it feels, anyway. This character sheet is gonna take me a few minutes.
Old Jan 27th, 2021, 04:05 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
nikomaru
Oh, so I decided to run a campaign using my Amber core book, because I did absolutely no research on errata or further developments. I've recently found all the errata and am ready to utilize it all for the future.

About my campaign: I created a series of events that occur within a few months of book ten finishing. Merlin is acting as an emissary for Amber to the Golden Circle. Corwyn is missing, again. Some fishy things are happening all over the multiverse. There are 52 main Earths that general affect each other thanks to Corwyn hanging out there so much, as well as his siblings. I think I'll have some prominent, but ultimately inconsequential Shadows disappear. Couple Chaos Storms would do a world of good to motivate my players.

The only thing I wasn't prepared for was my players vastly different playing styles. Since we're narrating almost everything, they are flexing their creative muscles. I love the detail orientation of one player, but it could really be written down outside of game session as character history. I don't need to know all the details right now when we have a limited time to play. The second player is more artistically inclined and is doing their best to explore the world and gather clues as to events occuring on Earth 2. They play a little slower. The third player is very excited to tell me what their character does, but then they tell me what happens as they do the thing. Which is a little like not letting go of the helicopter landing strut as it lifts off. I'm desperately trying to get them to slow down and tell a story *with* me and not *for* me.
Old Jan 27th, 2021, 04:20 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
nikomaru
And for my fourth post (since I'm only on this brand new bbs for this particular game) I just wanted to say how excited I am to be returning to forum gaming. I tried joining a Star Trek pbf back in the 90's but didn't remember my password and forgot that it existed once I started hanging out with a girlfriend. Now I have bookmarking, pw save features, alerts, notifications, superior email, and a super computer in my pocket to connect whenever I want. All that to say I should make a better showing this go around.

If you'll have me.

Call me Niko, for anonymities sake. I'm Pacific Time, West Coast US. I aspire to greater things, but my brain hates me, so I'm trying to get my kids to be better than me.
I love games! I've got all the pc games, all the D&D games, I 've played all the mmos and one MUD. I've driven all the cars, played all the songs, and... hmm... I'm having a moment. Sorry.

But I do love games. Currently on hold are my D&D and Amber campaigns. I'm running Lost Mines of Philandor (purposeful misspelling), and a home-made Amber (as described above). Both sets of players are waiting for me to start up again. Ugh. Next week will be Amber. After that, who knows.
Old Jan 27th, 2021, 04:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 167
Larson Gates Larson Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikomaru View Post
A
Call me Niko, for anonymities sake. I'm Pacific Time, West Coast US. I aspire to greater things, but my brain hates me, so I'm trying to get my kids to be better than me.
if you've got time to create a character then yes there's still room.. still working on character creation. Even though I've posted the initial hook.
Once you get the chance to read my rule set (we'll derived rule set as the original from which most of it was derived was the "Netbook of Amber"), you'll likely find its much more playable, especially if you're not planning on playing a throne war campaign. You can also start much smaller..
Old Jan 27th, 2021, 04:49 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
nikomaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson Gates View Post
if you've got time to create a character...
Oh, man. Awesome. I'll be working on it tonight. After the kids are asleep.

I'll have to reread the thread. I missed the hook.

Last edited by nikomaru; Jan 27th, 2021 at 04:49 PM.
Old Jan 27th, 2021, 05:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikomaru View Post
Oh, man. Awesome. I'll be working on it tonight. After the kids are asleep.

I'll have to reread the thread. I missed the hook.
Always best to start from the beginning...
Old May 10th, 2021, 04:08 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
oortcat
Interested

I'm interested if you have any spaces left, or if spaces become available in the future. I have completed the questionnaire, so let me know if you want me to send it to you.
Old May 21st, 2021, 03:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by oortcat View Post
I'm interested if you have any spaces left, or if spaces become available in the future. I have completed the questionnaire, so let me know if you want me to send it to you.
I've sent you a PM..

I can take potentially take new characters, but the ability to add new characters depends on exactly where we are in the story, and the background shadow from which the character originates is unlikely to be Shadow Earth (so the questionnaire won't be relevant), and there may be other constraints.. Your best bet is to PM me directly
Old Jul 13th, 2021, 05:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Due to changes in their personal circumstances I have just lost 2 players from the Campaign

I therefore have the capacity for additional players willing to take over these characters. I also have a 3rd character available as the original player dropped out very early on.

The current game thread can be found on here ..

If you are interested in taking over one of the characters, Natsuki (Japanese, Martial Arts, Interesting Pet), Fatima (Morocco, Muslim, Power Words), or Cormac(Sorcerer) please post in the first instance here

Last edited by Larson Gates; Jul 26th, 2021 at 04:58 AM.
Old Jul 24th, 2021, 03:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Cormac has now been taken..