Notices

Old Apr 27th, 2021, 09:19 AM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1306
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
@ElCosoLoco
-Welcome! White Mage is my favorite job in Final Fantasy, and I think Divine Soul Sorcerer works well with the archetype!
-The feature exchange makes sense to me, Darkvision it is then.
-We've a dice rolling thread within the game thread. You can roll for abilities once the game is ready. In the meantime I can create a public thread for that. I'll link to it in a bit!
Here: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=208247

@dr kekyll
-Highly depends if people are comfortable with the way I DM, and would like to go into a homebrewed setting after the module ends. There's plenty of stuff to come up with during and after the adventure from what I've been reading so far.

Last edited by Dechado; Apr 27th, 2021 at 09:24 AM.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 12:56 AM
Queen of Silly Ideas

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 651
ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco
Ok, sheet almost ready. There's only a few missing things (like starting equipment that's not a weapon).
I'm assuming that big staff she's carrying is her focus.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 01:38 AM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
@ElCosoLoco
-I believe part of her starting gear includes a focus. Unless I am misinterpreting what you're saying? :O

@dr kekyll, ElCosoLoco
-I added you two to Group 4. We'll be starting as soon as we get 3 more players. Thanks for the patience!
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 07:00 AM
Queen of Silly Ideas

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 651
ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechado View Post
@ElCosoLoco
-I believe part of her starting gear includes a focus. Unless I am misinterpreting what you're saying? :O
You're right, it does. I was kind of wondering if that staff would count as a quarterstaff in addition to the focus, but ultimately I don't think it matters, because Lynn's hit roll with a quarterstaff would be ridiculously low and if she really, really needed to make a melee weapon attack she'd use the dagger.

I wanted to ask you if I can swap the insight proficiency from her background for performance. I know insight would be more useful, but her patron is the goddess of art and music, after all, and I really can't picture an Eilistraite priestess who can't dance.
Old Apr 28th, 2021, 09:05 AM
Amateur Vivisectionist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
dr kekyll dr kekyll
So my understanding of RAW is that there's no requirement that your focus not be your weapon, but, as there is a common magic item that has the property of binding to a weapon so that it may serve as an arcane focus, the intent isn't entirely clear. Also, of the druidic foci options, a wooden staff is one and there's nothing that seems to preclude it also serving as a quarterstaff. I think it's entirely reasonable that a focus also serve as or be part of a weapon if the foci available to you can reasonably be part of a weapon, but Ruby of the War Mage from Xanathar's Guide to Everything seems to do what you're looking for for arcane focus users, and staff is an arcane focus. It even costs significantly more than a quarterstaff if you lose it somehow.

Basically, you should be able to buy the more expensive focus version and use it as a weapon, but if you buy a 2 sp quarterstaff, it is not your spellcasting focus.

Last edited by dr kekyll; Apr 28th, 2021 at 11:44 PM.
Old Apr 29th, 2021, 09:59 AM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
@ElCosoLoco
-Proficiency change makes sense. Performance it is then.
Old May 1st, 2021, 08:22 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 363
Grimshaw Grimshaw Grimshaw Grimshaw
Hi, I'd like to submit a character:

Character submission
right-aligned image

Name: Thackeray Roye
Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=88329
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard
Alignment: Neutral Good

Background: Entertainer
Personality Traits: Thackeray is a laid-back, easy going guy who has a friendly word for anyone he meets, and a slightly-dirty shoulder to cry on. Very seldom loses his temper, and even when he does it doesn't amount to much since he's just not a very forceful or imposing guy.
Ideals: Thackeray's main goal in life is to become a great and famous musician, although so far he hasn't made much progress. He hopes that adventuring will show him stirring sights, great truths and exciting experiences which he can craft into extraordinary songs.
Bonds: Thackeray once joined a performing troupe with some childhood friends. The friends turned out to be lazy and unprofessional, and after one-too-many sloppy, drunken performances, Thackeray told them exactly what he thought of them and quit. Since then he has felt a bit guilty about leaving his friends on such bad terms.
Flaws: Thackeray is not particularly brave or confident in his combat abilities.

About the player: I'm fairly new to PbP and to DnD. I've played a bit of Pathfinder and some rules-light games like FATE, but not a lot. I just play for fun and to make friends, and I'm not concerned with min-maxing. I'm happy with any kind of game; roleplay-heavy, combat-heavy, puzzle-heavy, as long as everyone (including the GM) is having fun, I'm good with it.

Posting rate: 2-3 times per week works for me, although I have no problem with a slower pace if other players prefer it.

Thank you! Have a great weekend!

Last edited by Grimshaw; May 3rd, 2021 at 08:45 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 09:09 AM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
@Grimshaw
-Welcome!
-Background refers to terms such as Folk Hero, Noble, Criminal, Entertainer, etc.
That allows your character to have specific proficiencies and starting gold.
What you've wrote can be part of his (back)Story, so it doesn't go to waste.
-But now that I look at Thackeray's sheet, you seem to have picked Entertainer. :O
I am unsure where your gear comes from though. None of it is part of the Diplomat's or Entertainer's pack your class allows you to have.

Last edited by Dechado; May 3rd, 2021 at 09:09 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 08:45 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Oh, I can change the items. I didn't know if you were using default gold or if you were going to set a different amount for this game, so I just put down some ideas I can pare down. If we're going with default I'll go ahead and change it.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 10:09 PM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechado View Post
Amount of gold is based on class and background.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 10:39 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Yes, I obviously missed that when I read the post. I've already changed my sheet to the defaults.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 11:45 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
Zangul Zangul
Would this be allowed https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwg5i4qjhx...40%29.pdf?dl=0
Old May 4th, 2021, 12:19 AM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
@Grimshaw
-Only missing the items from the Diplomat's or Entertainer's pack. Everything else looks in order!

@Zangul
-Oh my gosh??? I think I love this concept?????
-What archetype did you have in mind?
Old May 4th, 2021, 01:21 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zangul Zangul
@Dechado
mess sargent. Honestly I want to try them all. I would love to play two mountain dwarf brothers one brewmaster the other a sou chef or one of the other archetypes.

Last edited by Zangul; May 4th, 2021 at 09:13 PM.
Old May 4th, 2021, 03:01 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zangul Zangul

Name: Angus McGrillin
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Cook (Mess Sargent)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Background: Soldier
Personality Traits: I let others know I expect them to work as hard as I do, and my opinion is relevant whether you like it or not
Ideals: My gift of cooking is for all to enjoy.
Bond: I keep a bottle of my favorite spice and herbs on hand.
Flaw: I'd rather eat nothing, than something bland, stale, burnt, undercooked or otherwise beneath me.

Angus McGrillin is the name and cooking is the game. So you want to know a little about me do ya lad? Well, for starters Imma 4ft Dwarf, 150lbs. I was a solder in the Dwarves army during the Battle of the mines. I was the mess cook, I saw to it that the army was well feed. When it was needed I fought on the front lines as well. When the time came to leave the Army, I took my chef skills and started working as chef in taverns making ends meet. But, my heart is still in adventuring, and now set out to prove that I am the best Cook out there. Giving the opportunity to travel with other adventurers I'll see to it that they are well feed and ready for the adventure at hand. My personality traits are, I let others know I expect them to work as hard as I do, and my opinion is relevant whether you like it or not. My ideal is my gift of cooking is for all to enjoy. My bond is I keep a bottle of my favorite spice and herbs on hand. My Flaw is I'd rather eat nothing, than something bland, stale, burnt, undercooked or otherwise beneath me. If you like what you see may my Mess kit and Utensils serve you and your group. Maybe on the trails I can share war stories, you going to buy another round of ale?

A little bit about me, I am 37 years old I have been rping since my teens. I am new to the pbp and find it hard to get in a group. I haven't ran a game but I am 4years into my own homebrew campaign that I hope to run in the future. I like puzzles, exploration, roleplay and combat. My posting rates is 2 maybe 3 times a week, faster or slower depends on the group.

Last edited by Zangul; May 15th, 2021 at 10:55 AM.