Notices

Old May 5th, 2021, 02:23 PM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1306
Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado Dechado
@Zangul
-I need the application to be the same format as the rest of the players have been doing it.
This was a fun role playing example however.
-If you want to play as the two brothers, i suppose you could, if you don’t mind sometimes role playing with yourself, and having to keep track of twice the gear and stuff.
Old May 5th, 2021, 03:50 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
Zangul Zangul
@Dechado you got it. I'll make the changes, but leave this as rp sample. I have decided to stick with just one. Not doing the brother.keeping it simple.

Last edited by Zangul; May 6th, 2021 at 05:17 PM.
Old May 5th, 2021, 11:43 PM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
@Zangul
-Up to you! Though it'd make more sense that each'd have their own different stats.
Old May 12th, 2021, 09:32 AM
Amateur Vivisectionist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
dr kekyll dr kekyll
@Zangul You still planning to do two? Cause that would have finished a table, wouldn't it have?
Old May 12th, 2021, 10:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 958
thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Kraog Windstar
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Sorcerer (Wild Magic)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Personality Traits: I sleep with my back to a wall or tree, with everything I own wrapped in a bundle in my arms. I hide scraps of food and trinkets away in my pockets.
Ideals: People. I help the people who help me — that’s what keeps us alive.
Bonds: I owe my survival to another urchin who taught me to live on the streets.
Flaws: It’s not stealing if I need it more than someone else.
Background: Urchin

Appearance: Kraog is a tall, well-muscled half-orc with pale green skin. He has short, dark brown hair and is clean shaven. His upper arms and shoulders are covered in tribal tattoos.
Personality: Kraog is surprisingly well-spoken for a half-orc. He keeps to himself among those he doesn't know well, but does not shy away from conversation should it arise. Through years of practice, he generally remains even-tempered despite his orc heritage, although this is not the case in the heat of battle. Should conflict arise, a fire burns within him, often fueling a rage that is not easily quenched. Something inside consumes him, perhaps instilled by his ancestry, or perhaps by something more chaotic that fuels his arcane gifts.
Backstory: Kraog was born tragically to an orc father and human mother. Seen as an abomination, he was left in an alleyway of Baldur's Gate to die. Found by Lamnil, a poor, elderly elven man, the child was taken in and raised. Given an orc name, Kraog, and an elven surname, Windstar, the child grew up in the streets of Baldur's Gate's Lower City. Taught to take only what is necessary to survive, Kroag's adoptive father instructed him in the ways of stealth and thievery, but infused it with an odd sense of morality. Kraog grew up in and out of trouble, and one day was cornered behind a shop by several thugs. He was brutally attacked. During the encounter, something strange happened. A spark flickered to life within Kraog, building to a blinding rage. A dense fog filled the alleyway. Flames erupted from his hands towards his attackers. He grabbed one turning to run, and lightning pulsed through his fingertips into the terrified man. Kraog fell to his knees, alone. Flower petals and butterflies fell through the air around him. Exhausted, he collapsed. This was Kraog's first experience with his arcane gift. As he grew, he learned to control the chaotic magic, but it often came with unintended results. The color of his skin would change after casting a spell. He would levitate. He would briefly teleport to a strange plane of swirling colors and warped figures. As much as he tried to control his power, he could never seem to prevent the chaos that occasionally seemed to follow. Wanting to learn more about what caused this gift, or perhaps curse, Kraog left Baldur's Gate in search of answers.

About Me: I am an experienced 5e DM, but first time player. I am brand new to PbP, looking for my first game. I'm very interested in writing, character creation, and learning to contribute to a party as a player. I am more interested in roleplaying than min-maxing. I enjoy characters that go against the norm and/or have interesting flaws.

Last edited by thefeywild; May 12th, 2021 at 10:01 PM.
Old May 12th, 2021, 07:21 PM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
@dr kekyll
-I believe they are going with one cook for now.

@thefeywild
-Welcome!
-Hope you enjoy my DMing style, as it is my first time doing this role!
-Nice backstory. I think I really like Kraog!
-Considering he was abandoned by his parents, did you want to change speaking Orcish for Elven?

And with that, we're ready to launch our 4th group.
I'll send you all a PM later tonight.

Last edited by Dechado; May 12th, 2021 at 07:23 PM.
Old May 12th, 2021, 09:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 958
thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild
@Dechado
Thanks!
If you'll allow it, I think changing the racial language from Orcish to Elven makes sense given the backstory. Let me know if you're okay with that and I'll change it on my character sheet!
Old May 12th, 2021, 10:26 PM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
Absolutely! Go ahead!
Old May 13th, 2021, 03:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2033
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Are you still taking applications?

Last edited by Kenjitsu; May 13th, 2021 at 04:11 PM.
Old May 13th, 2021, 06:59 PM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
@Kenjitsu
-Afriad not, but I'll put your character in the waiting list in case another spot opens in an ongoing game.
Old May 13th, 2021, 07:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2033
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Thanks.
Old Jul 8th, 2021, 07:14 PM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
Bump.

Currently looking for backup players/adventurers!

Group 3 and 4 are in need of a 5th player at the moment.

Even if people have applied before you, do not be afraid to post your application. If the chance arises, I'll contact you to join an ongoing game. Thanks for the interst!

Last edited by Dechado; Jul 8th, 2021 at 07:15 PM.
Old Jul 8th, 2021, 08:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2498
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Enjoyed your DMing over at City of Endless arenas. I'll drop a application soon for whenever there is a free space.
Going Goblin druid if thats ok? Also, how do you handle wild shape? Is it ok to presume character has seen a lot of the CR1 creatures?
Old Jul 8th, 2021, 09:24 PM
Angry Lucario

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Nokori View Post
Enjoyed your DMing over at City of Endless arenas. I'll drop a application soon for whenever there is a free space.
Going Goblin druid if thats ok? Also, how do you handle wild shape? Is it ok to presume character has seen a lot of the CR1 creatures?
Hey, I'd be thrilled to have you!

The amount of creatures your druid has seen will depend on the backstory you come up for them. So handle that power responsibly!
Old Jul 9th, 2021, 12:55 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2498
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Penny Bluethorn
Sheet: Link
Race: Ghostwise Halfling
Class: Druid
Alignment: Motherly Good
Background: Archeologist
*Traits: I can find common ground between the fiercest enemies, empathizing with them and always working toward peace.
Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
Ideal: Greater Good. It is each person's responsibility to make the most happiness for the whole tribe.
Bond: Someone I loved died because of a mistake I made. That will never happen again.
*Flaw:I can't keep a secret to save my life, or anyone else's.
*Personality: Fairly late in life did Penny decide to cast off the shackles that were the life of a scholar, locked in a library all day every day, doing nout but reading. No, Penny had been sat too long. She wantes to go out and see, smell, touch, dig! She wantes to be a true archeologist! No more just reading about ancient creatures, she wanted to discover them for herself!

Her somewhat advanced age, for a halfling at least, give Penny the belief she posses great wisdom, well...it's a belief. Whether it's true or not still remains to be determined. She tends to become a mother figure in groups. Unconditionally Caring for, and scolding, those around her. She careful though, in times of danger, she never wants what happened on her first dig to happen ever again...

Too excited, too careless. She charged into the Tomb of the Great Lizard without her excavation crew in tow. But her lack of experience, lack of respect for the danger, caused the crews demise.She was quick the safety, but as the floor gave way underneath them, the crew plummeted to their deaths. Now every decision is taken with careful consideration. No-one else will fall due to her carelessness.

About the Player:
Hello!
I'm a Brit living in Tokyo. I've been on RPGX for a few years. One day someone will run a Malazan campaign and then my life will be complete.

Last edited by Azure Nokori; Jul 9th, 2021 at 11:19 PM.