RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 11th, 2021, 03:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3982
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
I forgot about online.
Squeak is your brother? LOL cool, I'm in 1 or 2 games with him
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 03:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Just saw the update list. WOW, first time I see no warriors on the list. We seem to have everything we need, a rogue, a cleric, a wizard. If we need a warrior, I can go from 2nd level ranger/3rd level rogue to 5th level ranger. Either way will be fine by me
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 04:42 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 73589
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
I forgot about online.
Squeak is your brother? LOL cool, I'm in 1 or 2 games with him
I'm sorry you have to endure his clumsy attempts at role-playing. Be nice to him, he's got an IQ of 40 or so. We tried to test it again, but he ate the crayons and the test. And bit the guy who was giving it.
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 05:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Lol
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 07:56 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1123
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Man, there are so many magic users here. Hope to see warrior classes here as well. Closing date is still quite far from now, so more apps are welcomed.
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 08:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
If we don't, I'll go with a full 5th level ranger, we already have a rogue on the list
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 08:48 PM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6479
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
I'm currently working on an app as a samurai, should have it up tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.
Old Jul 11th, 2021, 08:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4786
Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain
Isaak Wharfhound
right-aligned image
Isaak Wharfhound | Name
Shabti | Race
AetherKineticist - Kinetic Knight (5) | Class
You gain a +1 trait bonus when you use Bluff or Diplomacy on a character that is (or could be) sexually attracted to you, and a +1 trait bonus to the save DC of any language-dependent spell you cast on such characters or creatures.Charming & Choose one of the following skills: Diplomacy, Intimidate, or Sense Motive. You gain a +1 trait bonus on that skill, and it is always a class skill for you.Influence | Traits
You take a –2 penalty on Bluff checks and saving throws against illusions.Too Many Secrets | Drawback
True Neutral | Alignment
Occasionally offers devotions to a personal pantheon of neutral deities | Deity
The Rumjacks - The Pot and The Kettle | Theme

Personality

Many assume Isaak to be impassive. In reality however, he is extremely cosmopolitan - to the point of apathetic candour. More often than not he simply, and genuinely, just does not care. Conversely, this makes him eminently affable and there are few if any he won't meet with a smile and a gregarious mood. It's no bother to him to be amiable but should it, or anything else, become a bother he will also let it be known in no uncertain terms.

Candour and pragmatism are one and the same to Isaak. He has lived long enough and seen enough that if there is the possibility of encountering something novel, or engaging, he sees little need for patience. He would rather spend more time actually living than preoccupied with what he considers 'prosaic formalities'. To this end it is of no matter to him that his actions can, and often do, impact others in ways they'd rather it didn't.

Isaak is all too aware of how transient life can be and so his appetites stray to the experiential, intellectual and sensory. Those things whose more immediate impermanence makes them all the more valuable to him. In this way, Isaak is egalitarian in his pursuit of these and rarely acts out of malice. Rather, he seeks out the best route for addressing what keeps him from that pursuit and goes with it; whether charm, head bashing or careful plan.

Appearance

History

"Where am I from? Surely you've heard the stories... They say many things about me. My mother was a pirate and my father a merman; I was taught to how speak by a tempest, how to swim by sea serpents and to fight by the spirits of the great galleons I was reared on. That naught but seawater flows in my veins!

I'll admit, that one just might be true.

That's part of why so many people... Well, trust isn't the right word. Set their sails to my wind, as it were. In a city like ours who but the man without avarice can be trusted? Yes, that part is true, though not the way most would think. Certainly, I want money just like everyone else and who doesn't like the odd enchanted trinket now and then? I don't need them the way others do, however, they aren't important to me.

It won't always be so, but Magnimar is my home. What is important to me, is my home.

No one will admit it but come the storm, everyone is grateful for stability. Equilibrium. Everyone wins, everyone looses. Just not all at the same time. Too much one way, too much the other way and people start to complain. Complaints grow and then someone with more boldness than sense steps out of place. Which is when it intrudes on me. So, as they say, I keep the peace. Because it suits me to do so."
As far as most are concerned the history of Isaak Wharfhound begins some two- or fourscore years ago. Few would have reason (or the longevity) to remember when a mysterious human-looking figure first disembarked in Magnimar more than a century prior. Whence the man, by what name he came under, and whose company he kept have been forgotten if they were even known. In those days, in the decades before he became Isaak Wharfhound, he plied his trade aboard the myriad ships on their way to and from the city's harbour. Months might pass between leaving and returning to Magnimar, but as inevitably as the turning of the tide he always and eventually returned. Few knew him personally. He made his way by reputation rather than by name, and left little of his own mark on the city. Which was as he liked it.

When the time came for him to move on again, all that he left in his wake was the memory of a shadow. Many assumed the strange mercenary died at long last.

'Isaak' was born when he returned, properly, to Magnimar for the second time. This time he chose the city rather than her temporary bedfellows and took a name for himself - Isaak. He walked among the people and paid no heed to the whispers that spread of his apparently unnatural appearance. Some claimed he was an aasimar and blessed with holy beauty; others claimed his visage was a boon granted by a dark god, devil or some other fell being. The relative freedom with which he gave his attentions did not assuage any side of the rumour mills. In Magnimar one's associations, whether open or supposed, marked one in various ways and variously opened or closed the possibility of further association. Yet, much to the perturbation of many in Magnimar, there seemed to be no one Isaak wouldn't associate with.

Attempts to exclusively have his favour went ignored. Efforts to monopolise his attention went dismissed. Manipulating or handling him was ineffective. Vexation towards Isaak, and his propensity for freely associating with whomever he pleased, reached a tipping point a few short years after his arrival. Isaak maintained a relatively humble residence on the wharf front, much to the chagrin of many whose company he kept. The idea that he simply chose to live there was beyond many of them, and there were rumours aplenty as to why he chose to live relatively simply. Speculation was rendered moot, however, after a misfortunate squabble between the city guard and a small-time smugglers circle occurred none too far from his abode. Like stags fencing outside a dire-wolf's den, neither came away un-maimed.

Isaak earned his namesake quickly thereafter, called 'Wharfhound' for the watchdog-like attitude he regarded the wharves with. At first his newfound puissance was extended only to his immediate neighbourhood. The city-guard sought his aid, which he refused and his 'territory' expanded when local thugs misunderstood that to mean he was no ally of the guards. It expanded once again when the city watch had to be disciplined after they tried to follow him and find a criminal with which he was rumoured to sup occasionally. Time and time again Isaak Wharfhound's alleged 'territory' has expanded along the wharf front. While Isaak lays no traditional claim to the wharves, and professes to have no interest in doing so, he also doesn't deny that his is the only tolerable status quo.
The Ferret and the Hound
Not known for forming especially deep or personal bonds, there is one person Isaak has developed a more traditional companionship with in recent years. Unlike the usual company he Isaak has been known to keep, the rough tavern fighter known as Gareth the Ferret and Isaak have developed a very real sense of camaraderie.
Bodies Around Town
The recent murders of Sarenrae worshippers has left a pall over the wharves. Tensions have steadily risen as city guard increasingly pressure the criminal underside, even while the criminal underside has turned against itself. Accusations regularly fly between competing interests, and even a handful of attempts to appoint a go-between to work with the city guard to resolve the matter. As far as the wharves are concerned, a murderer on the loose that can't be caught by the guard nor be brought to task by the local guilds is a problem. One that is very bad for business for everyone, and now also a quandary for Isaak. Assuredly an axe hovering over the status quo he values so greatly, Isaak's approach towards the matter will be viewed with great scrutiny.

When Kasadei initially came to Isaak to ask for his assistance he turned her down flat. To accept so direct a request would have been viewed as favouring one side over the other, and even if ultimately to everyone's benefit. While by no means literally peaceful, the equilibrium the Wharfhound brought to the Wharves relied on a delicate push and pull. Refusing Kasadei's initial offer guaranteed that other, more surreptitious, missives wade their way to him. Admitting an interest in the matter would be seen as weakness, but when Isaak suddenly left his home on the Wharves one morning and made his way further into the city proper all the Wharves could read the signs. The Wharfhound was on the prowl, which could only mean one thing. The circumstances were now right to give his help to Kasadei.

Last edited by Oghain; Jul 16th, 2021 at 11:56 AM.
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 05:16 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1123
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
If we don't, I'll go with a full 5th level ranger, we already have a rogue on the list
Are you going to change into full 5th level ranger?
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 11:19 AM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6479
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Taiyo Toshinori
left-aligned image

Name: Taiyo Toshinori
Race: Ifrit (Sunsoul)
Class: Samurai (Brawling Blademaster)
Traits: Pristine Reputation, Indomitable Faith
Drawback: Pride
Alignment: LN
Deity: Shizuru

History

For generations, the Toshinori family faithfully served the local governor as loyal samurai. They were recognized throughout Minkai as warriors without peer, skilled on the battlefield and wise in all their judgments. Even so, when a child was born into the family with brilliant orange hair and eyes, questions began to be whispered. Some saw the boy’s odd appearance as a blessing, believing his soul contained a drop of sunlight from Shizuru. Others thought it was a sign of corruption, a demonic curse of hellfire. Undaunted by the naysayers, the boy’s parents named him Taiyo, a word meaning sun, and he was raised to believe he was indeed blessed by the sun goddess.

As he grew, Taiyo showed that whatever his origins may be, he had an honorable heart. He trained as a samurai in the tradition of his family, and when he came of age, joined the service of his lord. In every way possible, he strove to uphold the reputation of his ancestors. Still, there were some that could not look past his unusual appearance. Calling him the son of a demon, they hounded Taiyo all his life. He bore the insults with as much dignity as he could muster, and many times challenged his detractors to a duel to defend his besmirched honor. More often than not, they would make a formal apology rather than face his blade, although there were a few occasions where he was forced to kill one who refused to back down. He regretted taking a life, even that of a fool, but to allow such insults would sully not only his own honor, but that of his family and lord.

As Taiyo’s reputation grew, so did the attacks against him. Eventually the matter came to a boiling point, when a group of his enemies concocted a scheme to frame his for murder. It was expertly done, the forged evidence would be difficult, if not impossible, to disprove. Taiyo faced a difficult choice. He could fight the accusations and protest his innocence; his lord was an honorable man, and the truth was on his side, so there was every chance he would be judged innocent. However, even if he was cleared of the accusations, the people would not so easily forget. His family and his lord would bear the stigma as long as he remained. As a samurai, it was his duty to put them before himself, their honor before his. So he left his home forever without a word to anyone. His own honor would be forever stained, but his family’s and lord’s remained clean.

Seeking to distance himself as much as possible from his past, he joined a caravan traveling across the Crown of the World to distant Avistan. For a time, he wandered without any true direction, seeking out injustice and evil as he roamed. Eventually, though, the ronin found himself an unlikely home in Magnimar. He saw the city as a place plagued by criminals and crying out for law and order. After much consideration, he formally swore himself to the service of Magnimar. While he hasn’t officially joined the city watch, he assists them regularly with threats too dangerous for common guards to handle alone.

Personality

Above all else, Taiyo is a man of honor and duty. When he gives his word, he will keep it if at all possible. If he cannot, he will make whatever restitution is required. He does not hold others to the same standard he holds himself to; he knows the path of the samurai is not meant for everyone. That said, he does not make any attempt to hide his disdain for those who make a lifestyle out of lying and cheating, and he will not abide those who attempt to deceive or betray him. Attacks on his honor or dignity demand an apology, and if the insult is severe enough, may require satisfaction in the dueling ring.

Appearance

Taiyo is a tall, heavily muscled man, his coppery flesh marked by scars earned through his long life as a warrior. His hair, worn long with a topknot, and his eyes are both bright orange in color, even appearing to glow in certain light. Oddly, his facial hair does not share this trait, and is merely a reddish brown in color. Since leaving his home in Minkai, he favors simple, rough clothing as opposed to the fine silks he used to wear. He is rarely seen without his katana and his characteristic scowl.

Old Jul 12th, 2021, 12:37 PM
Master of the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10521
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
COMPLETED

Gareth 'The Ferret' von AllardName: Gareth von Allard
Race | Human
Class | Brawler (5)
Archetype | Tavern Brawler
Alignment | Chaotic Neutral
Traits | You gain a +2 trait bonus on Fortitude saves against poison and drugs, and a +4 trait bonus on Fortitude saves to avoid the effects of alcoholIron Liver & You gain a +1 trait bonus on initiative and Intimidate checks.Bloody-Minded
Drawback | You take a -1 penalty on saving throws against fire effects. In addition, whenever you are adjacent to open flames or are on fire, you take a -1 penalty on all attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks until you spend an entire round away from fire. These penalties are not cumulative. (An instantaneous fire effect adjacent to you or affecting you causes this penalty to apply until 1 round after it is gone.)Burned
Deity| "None. But I've been told I'm pretty godly, if you catch my meaning."

Personality & Appearance

"You only get one chance to make a first impression," as the saying goes. Gareth certainly makes for a memorable one, although not always with the best foot forward. Crude and with a zest for excitement, Gareth will inevitably end up in an altercation, albeit a good amount of it unintentional. Like sweet-talking someone's lover and causing a scene, saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, or taking a drunken stumble into a strongman's drink. Despite these traits, Gareth is a likable person who doesn't aim to make enemies. He lives life to the fullest with loud and brash behavior, and it's not everyone's cup of tea-- or ale.

'The Ferret' is an appropriate named for his intense, dark eyes and a lithe, muscled frame. Not only does his scruffy and unkempt appearance add to the coined stage name, but so does his aggressive and weasel-like cunning in nature. His love of bare-knuckle boxing and drink has earned him quite the reputation in the gambling and entertainment circles as 'The Ferret.'

Gareth prioritizes comfort and eases over fashion. If he is wearing many clothes at the time of his meeting, most of his wardrobe is loose-fitting and straightforward, often wearing them out before replacing them. Adding to his bravado, Gareth is unconventionally attractive. His most prominent scar is long and runs across his forehead and right brow. Others are small souvenirs from competitive entertainment: these minor nicks are incomparable to the burns covering his hands. Against these hands are wrapped, and others thoughtlessly uncovered.

History

I took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; Jul 16th, 2021 at 10:49 PM.
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 02:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjuna332 View Post
Are you going to change into full 5th level ranger?
I might, just waiting to see if any fighter types apps comes in first. I already had a new background set up if and when I do change to a full ranger
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 04:34 PM
Truthwatcher

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2106
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Bahram Sarenite
left-aligned image

Name: Bahram Sarenite
Race: Tiefling (Div-Spawn)
Traits: Bully, Envoy of Healing
Drawback: Foul Brand (Hands)
Class: Paladin (Virtuous Bravo)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Deity: Saranrae
History
Bahram was born into a family of minor nobles in Qadira, to a Lord and Lady with great hopes of ascending the social ladder. When their first child was born as a tiefling, they were furious and distraught. Letting it become public knowledge that some ancestor of theirs consorted with unholy beasts would be unthinkable, so having a child with the corrupt stain of such a coupling in the family simply wouldn’t do. His father wanted to simply kill him, but his mother had enough pity that she couldn’t bear the thought and persuaded him to instead have the child given to an orphanage, along with a healthy “donation” to ensure silence.

Bahram’s childhood (he never knew his family name) was difficult. The other children were cruel to him, aware of his differentness even if they didn’t fully understand his fiendish heritage. What status he had among them came from making them fear his unnatural appearance, as well as occasional use of the small claws that grew from his fingertips. The orphanage’s staff had little hope that anyone would be interested in adopting a tiefling, so when a couple approached them and expressed interest they asked few questions. Bahram was ecstatic; the idea that someone actually wanted him was utterly beyond his experience. Their interest, however, quickly proved to be unwholesome in the extreme. They took him to a remote settlement in the desert and revealed themselves as Usij, foul cultists worshipping the div lord Ahriman. They saw Bahram’s tiefling nature not as a curse but a blessing from their unholy master. Even though he was but a child, they initiated him into their cult, burning Ahriman’s symbol onto his hands. Among these people, Bahram was revered, groomed to be a leader of the next generation. All this ended, however, when the cult was raided by the church of Sarenrae.

The knights of the Dawnflower are sworn to stamp out evil like the Usij, but also prize mercy, and the crusaders took pity upon the child they found, especially after they learned his story. They spared him and took him back to their temple, where he was henceforth raised a ward of the church. For a child that had known such evil and horror in his short life, Sarenrae’s doctrines were eye opening. In everything he’d known, kindness and mercy were weaknesses, but the faithful of Sarenrae showed him how such virtues could be accompanied by strength, and indeed were strengths in and of themselves. For the first time in his life, Bahram felt true peace, and threw himself into the faith with an almost wild abandon. As he grew older, his faith only grew stronger, and upon adolescence he undertook the rigorous training needed to be both a priest and paladin of Sarenrae. He acquitted himself well in the service of the Everlight, and most recently has traveled to Magnimar to investigate a worrying string of murders of her faithful.
Personality

Having finally found peace in Sarenrae after a difficult upbringing, Bahram is utterly devoted to the goddess and her teachings. So core is it to his identity that he actually uses “Sarenite” as a surname, never having known the name of parents. He tries to live up to the Dawnflower’s ideals in all aspects of his life and to be an example of such behavior for others. To some, the idea of a fierce warrior holding forth ideals of mercy and compassion may seem contradictory, but Bahram understands the role both play. Evil must be opposed; but it is better to redeem an evildoer with words than destroy them with the sword. If the sword is necessary, however, he will wield it without hesitation or apology. As a tiefling, with the corrupt blood of a div flowing through his veins, Bahram knows all too well how tempting the call of evil can be, but he also considers himself living proof that it can be overcome. Those that choose evil and reject the chance for redemption have only themselves to blame, and when he destroys them he acts simply as an instrument of Sarenrae’s will.
Appearance
Even if Bahram’s spirit belongs to Sarenrae, his body still bears the unholy touch of his div ancestry. His skin has an unearthly crimson tint, and slender horns protrude from his forehead. His fingers are tipped with small, sharp claws instead of nails, and his hands bare brands burned on by the Usij cultists of Ahriman, although he often wears gloves to obscure both. He also has a long, dexterous tail that many people find particularly unnerving.

His dress is usually simple but practical, although he does own a full set of formal priestly vestments he wears on appropriate occasions. He eschews the heavy armors often worn by paladins for lighter gear that allows him full freedom of movement to employ the art of swordsmanship with his scimitar, itself an act of worship of the Dawnflower. Lacking a helm to bear the traditional white scarf of warriors of Sarenrae, he instead ties it around his horns, occasionally taking time to braid it in intricate patterns.

Last edited by Fyre2387; Jul 20th, 2021 at 03:20 PM.
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 08:49 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
Zangul Zangul

Name: Waakiki
Race: Tengu
Class: Monk
Traits: Reactionary, Bloody-minded
Drawback: Forgetful
Alignment: Lawful Good

HISTORY

As a child Waakiki didn't know his birth parents, all he remembers is growing up in the monastery. Being bullied buy the other kids, he soon learned to strike first and to strike hard. Along with studying martial arts, Waakiki took an interest in anatomy, learning pressure points, and places to land a strike. Then one day the elders asked him to assist in looking for a killer. The elders thought his technique could help stop the killer or at least subdue Him or Her. So Waakik packs his belongings and moves to Magnimar's Monastery, where he can set up his place to be able to start his investigation.

APPEARANCE

Waakiki is 5ft and 125lbs, his feathers appear black, but in the sun show tint of blue. He wears a long loincloth in the front and back, it is white with blue trimming and has a matching headband.

PERSONALITY

Waakiki is a polite young tengu, he believes there is good in everyone. From years of being bullied he has learned to strike first and hard, his martial arts is that of strike and move or hit and run tactic. No matter how well thought a tactical plan is planned out, He tends to forget where he left his coin purse or Where he laid his trinket down at. Tends to be forgetful.

Last edited by Zangul; Jul 20th, 2021 at 09:55 PM.
Old Jul 12th, 2021, 10:05 PM
Pathloser

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 174
Thorolf Vitki Thorolf Vitki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjuna332 View Post
Inquisitor sounds good too.

Also, the table has been updated.
Great! I'll get started on my app!