Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
TheYell TheYell TheYell
Name: Pol Khan

Race: Half Orc -- Beastmaster and Shaman's Apprentice variants

Class: Hunter 5th

Stat Generation: 25 point buy middle-age half-orc +1 4lvl. STR 16 DEX 14 CON 12 INT 12 WIS 18 CHA 8

Traits: Iron Control, Near Death Experience

Drawback: Xenophobic

Alignment: Neutral Good

Deity: Green Faith

History: Pol Khan was born on the Storval Plateau and was raised by orcs. He fell into human hands in his early teens and was given a rough education by the warriors of the Hawk Quah. Pol Khan knows Varisia quite well, being at home equally in the dense thickets of Churlwood and the goblin-infested hills of the Lost Coast.

Word is Bond to Pol Khan. When Sister Leah, what runs the mission school near Two Forks, asked Pol Khan to come to Magnimar to settle her late brother’s affairs, he wanted to say no, but Sister has that sore foot and can’t travel, and Pol Khan owed her for nursing him back to health that one winter. So he said yes.

Sister Leah’s brother turned out to have died by violence, which might be expected in the wicked city, but this seems something special. Like a feud. Pol Khan isn’t going back to Two Forks to tell Sister Leah somebody else has to settle that feud. He swore to settle affairs and that’s what's to be done...

Pol Khan has a good reputation with the Magnimari forces of law and order, being a foe to bandits and goblin raiders. Probably some of them made him a good referral. He is especially well-liked in Nybor, where the half-orcs bought him a suit of red dragonhide scale
armor and a matching buckler to help him repulse the marauders of Varisia.

Personality: Gruff, and stand-offish at first, but really helpful and considerate of well-meaning greenhorns he meets. Really respectful of people who know their business. Can't stand despoilers and destroyers and polluters. Prefers elbow-room to big towns.

Appearance: 35 years old, 6’ 5” tall, bronze skin with pink eyes. Muscular build with strong tusked jaws with a fringe beard of red hairs. He wears a stained golden griffon-mane robe and turban under a weathered suit of red dragonhide scale armor, covered by a mouse-brown cloak. His cheeks are tattooed with the Thunderhawk sigil of the Hawk Quah.

As he rides into Magnimar on his mare Jill, leading his mule Jim, Joe the wolfdog trots along. He has his lance and composite shortbow on him with a full quiver of barbed bronze arrows with striped fletching.

Sheet https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=88980

Last edited by TheYell; Jul 23rd, 2021 at 10:54 AM.
Old Jul 19th, 2021, 10:01 PM
Pathloser

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 174
Thorolf Vitki Thorolf Vitki
Man, I really want to play on this one. But I don't know if I'm gonna be able to make the application deadline. I've done since work on it already, but a lot has come up irl in the last few days. I'm gonna try anyway, but even if I don't I will still be following this game. I love Varisia.
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 03:22 PM
Truthwatcher

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2106
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Okay, as of now my app is finished. Crossing my fingers on this one, really excited about this character.
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 04:07 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheYell TheYell TheYell
Updated sheet to reflect use of background skills, added a pony and some gear. We need more pathfinder games on this forum...
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 08:16 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Evendur
Hey, I don't know how much it will matter since this is possibly going to be a one-shot, but, is pregame crafting allowed? I was thinking of playing an alchemist and wouldn't mind being able to make some poisons and potions beforehand to stretch my money, but if you'd rather not worry about that, I understand.
Old Jul 20th, 2021, 08:53 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheYell TheYell TheYell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evendur View Post
Hey, I don't know how much it will matter since this is possibly going to be a one-shot, but, is pregame crafting allowed? I was thinking of playing an alchemist and wouldn't mind being able to make some poisons and potions beforehand to stretch my money, but if you'd rather not worry about that, I understand.
Whoops, I assumed some preliminary trick training for my wolfdog. That should be explicitly okayed before we start, if I'm chosen.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 08:01 AM
Alea Jacta Est.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27719
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
Ooooo. This sounds interesting. Magnimar is a great city and it would be fun to explore it more after Runelords. Perhaps I'll toss in one of the characters I have already made.

Currently on holidays - is there a deadline for apps? EDIT - I see it. 23rd. Hmmmm!

Last edited by Jarl11; Jul 21st, 2021 at 08:02 AM.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 02:34 PM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4887
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
I was working on a character already that I realize would fit in here. And yet again I find myself asking about the Trap Finder trait.
Icereach#8108 | Gost, a campaign setting | The House of Ejlvajn, a module compilation
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 09:19 PM
Master of the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10521
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
I noticed my application is still under WIP on the table. I've since completed my application! Woo!

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 10:27 PM
Alea Jacta Est.

Tools
User Statistics
Ok, I have a half-orc inquisitor (bit of a switch hitter) on the table who was once part of the city guard. Just need to find an image and do the write-up for a proper app. Aiming to get it done tomorrow evening! EDIT - just need to flush out the backstory a bit so it reads nicer. Otherwise, I'm assuming to finalize the sheet(s) after being picked up or not. EDIT - app is done!

Khainan, Inquisitor Extraodinaire
Character Creation
left-aligned image
Khainan

Name: Khainan
Race: Half-orc
Class: Inquisitor (Or vanilla Inquisitor, it was a toss up and I don't mind making adjustments for better party dynamics or role coverageSacred Huntmaster) 5

Traits: Fate's Favored, Deadeye Bowman
Drawback: Too Many Secrets
Alignment: NG
Deity: Am open to changing this to Sarenrae or another if it is better for the story, would need to discuss domain is allDesna

Appearance: Standing tall and lightly muscled with thick, light-green skin, Khainan is easily recognizable as a half-orc. He has a heavier set than most humans but is thin compared to most orcs. Shoulder-length brown hair and black, scruffy facial hair calls to his human heritage while his yellow eyes and the large bow on his shoulder - made from the horns of a great beast - bring thoughts of orcs to those that are familiar with such things. On second look, most of his clothes and equipment are a mix of cultures: indigenous Varisian long coat and boots; local Magnimar armor, belts and bracers; and, orc tribal weapons and scars. The symbol of Desna rests casually at the nape of his neck, easily overlooked but clearly exposed.

Personality: Khainan moves with a confident stride, back straight yet graceful and menacing like a cat on the prowl. Piercing yellow eyes give most folk a reason to look away or second guess what they were about to say, however, he has a ready smile for friendly gestures and animals looking for attention. He is a kind man with a good heart that had been stuck in an unfortunate situation for too long. It left a chip on his shoulder and a desire to trust what he sees when perhaps he shouldn't. As a result, he is gruff and can come off as uncultured or unpleasant until people understand the loneliness of his life. Khainan trusts easily and openly yet he has a razor focus when it comes to rooting out problems or righting wrongs. Friends find themselves a shoulder to lean on and enemies discover someone that they should not have wronged. A soft spot for animals, he is a pushover when it comes to Dawg or caring for any intelligent beast.

History:

Last edited by Jarl11; Jul 25th, 2021 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Finalizing backstory
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 07:59 AM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4887
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
Scratch the Trait, I think I've got the character figured without it. I'll try and get it up tonight when I get home.
Complete
Breaker
Donald Ezra "Ez" Frewer; Breaker
Ratfolk Trap Breaker Alchemist

Alignment: LN
Deity: Abadar
Home: Magnimar, Varisia
Traits: Highlander, Pragmatic Activator; Drawbacks: Bitter

History

Appearance:
Among members of the other shorter races like gnomes and halflings, Ezra stands unusually tall and lithe, with long, sleek limbs uncommon for his people. It was a trait he shared with one of his fathers, though he'd never know it. A lifetime of strict posture correction had subconsciously corrected a natural tendency to stoop, raising his firmly squared shoulders a few inches more. Despite his natural discomfort in the face of new comers, he carries himself indomitable and unflinching.

The course black fur swathed across his lean body tends to be the first thing people notice about him, particularly as the people that make up his ancestry aren't fond of the surface. In defiance of Ezra's tendency toward order, the dense patches grow wild and unmanageable, while the thinner patches around his sides, thighs, and hands in particular have worn or burned through to the pickish flesh beneath. The rare smile through his crooked, chipped teeth struggles to read in a friendly manner despite his endearingly rueful self-deprications. Equally rare is the person that can look into his small, vaguely red tinged black eyes and find comfort and succor.

Ezra tends to dress in tight fitting, well-oiled leather and sturdy cloth that doesn't rustle when he moves, favoring to step as lightly and quietly as possible when allowed to blend into the background. To battle he favors lighter armor and fine chain, though his lack of physical strength means he's often restricted when it comes to additional gear beyond the tools of his trade. He goes no where, however, without the harness of straps and pouches that house the ever expanding toolkit of alchemical and trap breaking tools for which he was known by.

Personality:
A lifetime of exacting discipline, high expectations, and militaristic regiment have formed the perfect shell of blank readiness for a shy young boy to hide inside. Ez has a tendency to answer questions directly and succinctly, rarely breaking off into speculation or further discourse. Even with those he finds familiar, like the members of his unit, Breaker is more often found near the edges of the group or off to one side, alone and unobserved. These traits are a boon in his chosen line of work, scouting ahead through dangerous passages, but gain him few true friends.

Cracking that shell, however, can be quite rewarding. Behind his silence lies an unadulterated love of all things that turn and move and ring and roll, which he struggles to share in halting, tongue-tied tangent. His sharp eyes often notice things others miss, and the rigid, analytical framing of his mind allows for insights others would struggle to grasp.

Further, Ezra finds comfort in law, order, and duty. His dedication to his squad and his post are unquestionable, even if he does occasionally tussle with the finer points of morality. It was hard work, earning the trust of the sentients that came to rely on his skills, but he proved repeatedly and unequivocally their faith was well placed.
Icereach#8108 | Gost, a campaign setting | The House of Ejlvajn, a module compilation

Last edited by Icereach; Jul 24th, 2021 at 02:18 PM.
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 12:16 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TheYell TheYell TheYell
Finished shopping for Pol Khan, corrected his stats for a middle-aged half-orc.
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 07:37 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Evendur
left-aligned image
Name: Matei Sczarni

Race: Human (Varisian)

Class: Alchemist (Vivisectionist)

Alignment: True Neutral

Traits: Alchemical Adept, Practiced Gambler

Drawback: Family Ties (Sczarni)

Role in Party: Medic/Debilitator

AppearanceMatei is a thin, lithe man of Varisian descent, a heritage he wears proudly with his tattoos and a few piercings in his ears. His long, dark hair is usually pulled back into a pony tail, as those locks hanging down over an artery might mean he knicks a vein that he shouldn't and then in addition to having a dead patient, he now has to clean up a bunch of blood. Simple but effective glasses rest on his face, and the rest of his garb is fairly simple, as being that he's a mob doctor, generally work comes to him, it's rate that he needs to head out in the field.

PersonalityMatei is a generally serious, studious sort. His bedside manner is rather refined, if sometimes dripping with sarcasm when it's the 4 crossbow bolt he's removed from Vitor's body this month, but family is family, and helping them make sure they live to see another day is something he finds rewarding, most of the time.

BackgroundMany things are hereditary in life. Hair, eye color, etc. In Matei's extended family, one tended to take over whatever position their parent's held. His old man was the sawbones and alchemist, and so, that's what he was trained to be from a young age. Being a smart lad, he took to the work fairly naturally, rather than needing to be beaten over the head with it like some others in his generation.

He'd been doing good work behind the scenes for years, so, it was a surprise when he was told that he'd been tasked with helping investigate the recent killings. Like usual, the Sczarni were thought of as possible suspects, so, when the law came knocking, they had offered to send their brightest mind to help in the investigation. And wouldn't you know, that was Matei.

Flustered, he tried to refuse, but, there was another reason they'd picked Matei. He was horrible at saying no to requests from his family. They playfully promised to not get injured while he was gone, and the alchemist could only really sigh, packing up the things he would need for such an adventure, before heading out on his way.
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 09:02 PM
Alea Jacta Est.

Tools
User Statistics
Just letting the good GM know that my app is now complete. If I missed anything, please let me know!

Good luck with your selections.
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 01:08 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1123
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
Hmm... only two days left or so before the applications are closed. If you guys want to edit your applications, you still have time to do so.